HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

OT - Lucian Bute (22-0-0) vs. Librado Andrade (27-1-0) - IBF Super Middleweight Bout

Old
10-25-2008, 12:09 AM
znk

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Booky View Post
Honnestly I am a Bute fan... But this is a total disgrace to the sport...
The ref was an embarassement. Not only with the debacle at the end but throughout the fight with the non calls, holding and clutching by Bute.
I agree with most of this. The ref was bad but since it wasnt a close fight for the first 11 rounds it wasnt really a concern and was something that could be swipped under the rug.

Anyway as I posted during the fight Bute looked tired in the final round. He used up way to much energy in the previous round and then he wasnt even moving arround in the last one.
He need to learn how to protec him self when he's not dominating a round. Right now his only defense in those situations is trying to grab. He doesnt cover up and stop the blows with his gloves while he rest a little.

znk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2008, 12:10 AM
emb24*

there has to be a rematch that was a bizarre final 22 seconds. i can't believe bute was just tired. what boxer controls and entire fight and then runs out of gas with 1/2 round left? he was hurt by andrade in that final minute and would've been iced if the ref let it go. too bad because Lucian fought a very solid tactical fight, but he decided to get into a slug-fest with 60 secs left and almost lost. i give andrade credit, he got in close and pounded Bute in the 12th

emb24* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2008, 12:10 AM
znk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Kostopoulos View Post
The count lasted 24 seconds and it seemed that Bute was on his feet at the 9th sec but he was completely lost (eyes were not focusing on anything).
24 seconds? from the moment the ref started counting to when he counted 10? Holy ****.

Old
10-25-2008, 12:11 AM
Jeffrey

Send a message via MSN to Jeffrey
They have to give andrade a rematch !

IMO this win is gonna tint Bute reputation way more than if he did lose the fight !

IMO he has to give Andrade a rematch in neutral ground to clear out all the controversy !

And yes I cheered for Bute and tought it was in the bag at the start of the last round.

Also Bute did all the good thing but he CLEARLY need to improve his conditioning he was way too much tired to use his footspeed at the end and finish it off !

Jeffrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Artyukhin*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erik Estrada View Post
Bute was completely out of gas at the end. It's the toll of the 12 rounds more than Andrade's punch that did the damage.
Bute in his interview said he won the fight and Andrade only won a few round . Yeah he might have won most rounds but he didnt cross the finish line .Andrade had gas left at the end and Bute couldnt even stand up and got knocked out and had the ref in his pocket on a veeeeeeery long 20+ second count ....Bute lost that fight

Artyukhin* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
znk

Oh...and the grabbing of the legs...wtf.

Old
10-25-2008, 12:13 AM
znk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffrey View Post
They have to give andrade a rematch !

IMO this win is gonna tint Bute reputation way more than if he did lose the fight !

IMO he has to give Andrade a rematch in neutral ground to clear out all the controversy !

And yes I cheered for Bute and tought it was in the bag at the start of the last round.
And how about Montreal's....
Boxers wont want to fight here.

Old
10-25-2008, 12:13 AM
habs_24x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Kostopoulos View Post
The count lasted 24 seconds and it seemed that Bute was on his feet at the 9th sec but he was completely lost (eyes were not focusing on anything).
The announcers were counting on the replay and Bute was on his feet at 7 seconds.

Even if he was half out of it, he fought to get back on his feet in time and considering he was the champion, was given the benefit of the doubt.

I still say good decision.

habs_24x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2008, 12:15 AM
Jeffrey

Send a message via MSN to Jeffrey
Oh yeah another thing...

I also have to question Andrade judgement when he went for the TKO in the 12th round. IMO if he did start that in the 11th round its over and he knock out Bute...

Jeffrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2008, 12:16 AM
NewHabsEra*

Its like a remake of Margarito - Cotto.. The most skilled of the 2 thrown more punches, led the fight with some really nice combinaisons, but at the end, what made the difference, it was Margarito's chin and the way he pressured Cotto all the fight long, Cotto had no more stamina near the end, couldnt resist to Margarito's pressure anymore, just like it happened tonight with Bute.. Maybe Bute wanted to give a show at the end but Im convinced Andrade exhausted his opponent like he wanted and Bute went in the trap.. Bute has been lucky, I hope he will learn from this one.. Andrade, like guys like Margarito and Calzaghe, just cant be knocked out, they have steel chin its incredible, those guys are real machines..

NewHabsEra* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2008, 12:17 AM
emb24*

wow two kind of embarrassing title bouts in the alcine and now the bute fight

emb24* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
C-Saku Koivu MTL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redux91 View Post
tu pense frankie?
Think so. Close call and we'll never really know.

Count me in for a rematch call. Neutral ground or not but a rematch atleast. Bute boxe the 12th round smartly and it's not close.

C-Saku Koivu MTL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Artyukhin*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffrey View Post
Oh yeah another thing...

I also have to question Andrade judgement when he went for the TKO in the 12th round. IMO if he did start that in the 11th round its over and he knock out Bute...
he had him hurt in the 11th Bute was done ....you gotta give it up to Andrade man the guy soaked up what ever Bute was handing out and then hung it all out back out on Bute in the last 3 minutes and it worked .

Old
10-25-2008, 12:19 AM
Price4Prez

LoL what a joke of a fight. That is exactly why boxing is going to disappear off the face of the earth. Bute lost that fight by a country mile. He was so knocked out, that he wouldn't of reconized his mother, if she was standing in front of him. Bad job by the referee.

I hope the council reverses this win. Even Bute, knows he lost!

Price4Prez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2008, 12:27 AM
VAN-HAB
Vancouver Habitant

Bute played like an idiot in 12th round, the game was already won, just protect yourself and wait for the bell, he went for the show....so stuuuuuuuuupid.
Really disapointed....

BTW he did't say he would give the rematch, the translator just made that up.

VAN-HAB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2008, 12:28 AM
Artyukhin*

Andrade tells it like is and is a super nice guy . anyone pick up on Andrade comments saying Bute never hurt him once the whole fight .

He also said he didnt think Bute would give him a rematch

Old
10-25-2008, 12:34 AM
m00ks

Quote:
Originally Posted by znk View Post
dosent the boxer have to be in his corner while the ref counts the other guy and wait for the signal after the 10 count to resume?
Fighter has to be in the NEUTRAL corner

m00ks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2008, 12:34 AM
DDs not undersized
Former Partisan duCH

Now, let's cheer for PATRICK CÔTÉ!!!!

DDs not undersized is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2008, 12:35 AM
Newhabfan

I'm a big fan of Bute but I must admit he lost this match. And it looks very bad right now, with a referee from Montreal and all.

However, Andrade has to blame himself too for not starting the massacre earlier.

Malignaggio did not accept a direct rematch with Ngoudjo did he? (though the issue was not exactly similar) .... I bet Interbox will only accept a rematch if IBF forces them.

Newhabfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2008, 12:48 AM
Kachino

Just got home from the local bar... The weird thing is that prior to the fight, I had a feeling that it was going to be kind of like Margarito vs Cotto (heart of a warrior vs boxing skills). Fortunately for Bute, he was on the right side of the decision but man was he KTFO in the 12th! Those Mexican fighters have huge heart, stone chin, phenomenal stamina and can absorb any kind of punches (see Margarito & Andrade). Bute took control of the fight for 10 rounds (except the 5th and the 12th obviously). In the 5th, I really thought that Andrade was able to hurt Bute at several times, hence forcing Bute to clinch and clinch again. Bute was able to hit Andrade solidly several times during the fight but Andrade was able to absorb everything. When I saw the replay of the 12th round knock down, I counted 8-9 seconds from the time Bute got down to the time he got up on both feet... Anyways, I really don't understand why the referee didn't give a 10 count right away. Andrade was just ecstatic about his achievement and looked like he stayed in a neutral corner. Overall, I thought the referee did a poor job for not penalizing Bute for over-clinching and Andrade for headbutting at several instances during the fight. Anyways, I just hope for a rematch for those 2 boxers to settle it in the ring...

Last edited by Kachino: 10-25-2008 at 12:53 AM.
Kachino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2008, 12:53 AM
Clumsyhab

Back from the Bell Centre. I cheered for Bute all night long but the ending was pure BS. That ref should get asskicked. However, we can't assume Bute lost that one 100%. He saw the ref going to Andrade corner (for no reason), so maybe that's why he took more time to get to his feet. Andrade deserves a rematch and Bute is not in the same class as Kessler and Calzaghe yet.

P.S. Did anyone hear what Larouche said in the interview after the fight? I was on my way out and I heard he said something like there was 5 seconds left in the fight, so it didn't matter how long the count was. If it is exactly what he said, I guess he's incompetent since you cannot be saved by the bell.

Clumsyhab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2008, 01:02 AM
Artyukhin*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clumsyhab View Post
Back from the Bell Centre. I cheered for Bute all night long but the ending was pure BS. That ref should get asskicked. However, we can't assume Bute lost that one 100%. He saw the ref going to Andrade corner (for no reason), so maybe that's why he took more time to get to his feet. Andrade deserves a rematch and Bute is not in the same class as Kessler and Calzaghe yet.

P.S. Did anyone hear what Larouche said in the interview after the fight? I was on my way out and I heard he said something like there was 5 seconds left in the fight, so it didn't matter how long the count was. If it is exactly what he said, I guess he's incompetent since you cannot be saved by the bell.

he and Bute both were trying to make it out like it was no big deal.Well the shine is off that for sure and there will remain a very foul smell on this one (forever)

I think Andrade said it right ,

1. he felt he was robbed

2. If he had to lose that was the way he wanted to lose. (Bute on the mat)

even the ref admited Bute was out and Andrade should have won (if he stayed in his corner) and unfortunate the ref actions will be debated forever and clearly effected the outcome of a fight .

Last edited by Artyukhin*: 10-25-2008 at 01:09 AM.
Old
10-25-2008, 01:34 AM
LastRide

This what I don't get. Bute was in complete control of the fight from start to the eleventh round. It was total domination. Andrade won 1 round up until the 11th. Didn't even look tired. Then in the 12th round all of a sudden Bute's dead tired now. He looked like he could have went another 10 rounds at end of the 11th. Maybe he was watching rocky and he wanted to make it look good, beats me.

LastRide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2008, 01:39 AM
Artyukhin*

Quote:
Originally Posted by LastRide View Post
This what I don't get. Bute was in complete control of the fight from start to the eleventh round. It was total domination. Didn't even look tired. Then in the 12th round all of a sudden he's dead tired now. He looked like he could have went another 10 rounds at end of the 11th. Maybe he was watching rocky and he wanted to make it look good, beats me.

take a loook at his eye and face (swollen) he felt something . He was gone only thing that was holding him up was the ropes even before the knockout .He flat out ran out of gas ,it was the equivalent of running a marathon and leading the whole race until the last sprint at 200 meters from the finish line you get passed and lose the race. Yes you won all of the race except for the part the counts, thats what happened to Bute no matter how they try to paint it .

They were singing the "OLE OLE OLE " chant, right after that it went down hill for him .

Last edited by Artyukhin*: 10-25-2008 at 01:47 AM.
Old
10-25-2008, 01:47 AM
JordanStaal#1Fan

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by doug mckenzie View Post
he and Bute both were trying to make it out like it was no big deal.Well the shine is off that for sure and there will remain a very foul smell on this one (forever)

I think Andrade said it right ,

1. he felt he was robbed

2. If he had to lose that was the way he wanted to lose. (Bute on the mat)

even the ref admited Bute was out and Andrade should have won (if he stayed in his corner) and unfortunate the ref actions will be debated forever and clearly effected the outcome of a fight .
That sucks... Bute engaged in a slugfest in the 12th, he was stupid and he deserved to lose.

But what sucks the most is that Montreal gets a big black eye. A referee from Montreal gave the fight to the guy fighting of of Montreal IN Montreal... We whined alot of Lucas got screwed in Germany and now, our guy is on the other hand of the screwjob, that sucks...

The ref did a VERY bad job overall though. He never called Bute for clinching nor Andrade for headbutts and elbow strikes.

JordanStaal#1Fan is offline   Reply With Quote