HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

(#10): 10/24/2008 • New York Rangers @ Columbus Blue Jackets • 7pm • MSG (HD)

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
10-25-2008, 01:18 AM
  #476
Scoot
Registered User
 
Scoot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Texas
Country: United States
Posts: 1,041
vCash: 500
Rivalry aside,
I hope coach Renney has a speedy recovery, god bless.

Scoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2008, 02:03 AM
  #477
NYReign
Registered User
 
NYReign's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: New York, New York
Country: United States
Posts: 896
vCash: 500
Missed the game but from watching Rangers in 60, the result looked pretty misleading. We (from what I saw anyway) seemed like we were being outhustled all night again, esp. Kalinin on their goal and the powerplay right after the 5 on 3 ended in (I think) the first when CBJ had it in our zone for a good 30 seconds. Hank and Zherdev carried us to this victory. On Dubie's goal, I think he had planned to kick it in as evidenced by the obvious kicking motion but it was already off of his foot innocently before he started kicking so I think that's why it counted. Not the greatest goal he'll ever score but hey we will take it. On the most important point of the night, though, does anyone have a definitive update about Renney? I've heard he's "feeling better" from NHL on the Fly and "hanging in there" from Weinman's blog; anybody know for sure? I don't expect to see him behind the bench tomorrow night but hopefully he is feeling better and gets well ASAP and has no long-term effects (or any concussion)...

NYReign is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2008, 02:06 AM
  #478
nevesis
#30
 
nevesis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: NY
Posts: 10,206
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYReign View Post
On the most important point of the night, though, does anyone have a definitive update about Renney? I've heard he's "feeling better" from NHL on the Fly and "hanging in there" from Weinman's blog; anybody know for sure? I don't expect to see him behind the bench tomorrow night but hopefully he is feeling better and gets well ASAP and has no long-term effects (or any concussion)...
He already did a post game interview and he is fine. There is video on the official NYR's site.

nevesis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2008, 05:45 AM
  #479
Ola
Registered User
 
Ola's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Sweden
Country: Sweden
Posts: 17,834
vCash: 500
Nash is easily as talented as a Dany Heatly. I am prepaired to put him as the 4th most talented hockeyplayer in the world, behind only Sid, Malkin and AO.

If Nash was from any other country then Canada there would be serious questionmarks about his attitude though. He have repeatedly shown up out of shape. He got consistency problems.

Ola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2008, 06:51 AM
  #480
Cynical TyranT
Son of a gun
 
Cynical TyranT's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: TX
Country: American Samoa
Posts: 4,027
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Cynical TyranT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ola View Post
Nash is easily as talented as a Dany Heatly. I am prepaired to put him as the 4th most talented hockeyplayer in the world, behind only Sid, Malkin and AO.

If Nash was from any other country then Canada there would be serious questionmarks about his attitude though. He have repeatedly shown up out of shape. He got consistency problems.
That's crazy talk.

There's about 15 guys I'd take over Nash...

Cynical TyranT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2008, 07:32 AM
  #481
Burlington Bomb 26
Louie Louie Oh oh
 
Burlington Bomb 26's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Green Mountain State
Country: United States
Posts: 16,615
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ola View Post
Nash is easily as talented as a Dany Heatly. I am prepaired to put him as the 4th most talented hockeyplayer in the world, behind only Sid, Malkin and AO.

If Nash was from any other country then Canada there would be serious questionmarks about his attitude though. He have repeatedly shown up out of shape. He got consistency problems.
Your crazy if you think that. Semin, Alfredsson, Zetterberg, Datsyuk, Kovalchuk, Morrow, and Thornton are all easily more talented than Nash.

There is already question about his attitude. Ask Sergei Fedorov.

Burlington Bomb 26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2008, 07:36 AM
  #482
Cynical TyranT
Son of a gun
 
Cynical TyranT's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: TX
Country: American Samoa
Posts: 4,027
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Cynical TyranT
Quote:
Originally Posted by GongShowHockeyNYR View Post
Your crazy if you think that. Semin, Alfredsson, Zetterberg, Datsyuk, Kovalchuk, Morrow, and Thornton are all easily more talented than Nash.

There is already question about his attitude. Ask Sergei Fedorov.
Morrow? Seriously? I was with you up until then.... ehhhhhhhh

Cynical TyranT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2008, 07:49 AM
  #483
z1co80
The Incredible Hank
 
z1co80's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Scotland
Country: Scotland
Posts: 4,900
vCash: 500
Yeah Rick Nash is so overrated

I tell you what i'd rather have the Blue Jackets $5.4m overrated Captain than our $7.05m Invisible captain

Nash is a player i'd love the Rangers to have but the Blue Jackets are lucky to have and i tell you that if Nash had a center like Gomez in Columbus he wouldn't be hovering around 70pts every season.

The Blue Jackets will be a great team in a few years and personally i want to see them do well as i have a soft spot for them, they have everything needed to be a fantastic team once the young players like Filatov, Brassard, Voracek get more acustomed to the NHL, on top of that they have a franchise player in Nash, great young goalie in Leclaire, a top goalie prospect in Steve Mason and a solid defensive core.

They wont be in trouble with the salary cap which unfortunately i think we will be.


Last edited by z1co80: 10-25-2008 at 07:56 AM.
z1co80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2008, 08:31 AM
  #484
JF Omalycat
CBJ Express
 
JF Omalycat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Columbus, Ohio
Country: United States
Posts: 4,313
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GongShowHockeyNYR View Post

There is already question about his attitude. Ask Sergei Fedorov.
Link?

JF Omalycat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2008, 10:54 AM
  #485
ThirdEye
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: New York
Country: Ukraine
Posts: 11,666
vCash: 500
Really surprised at the win. Last year I guarantee you the Rangers would have lost this game

ThirdEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2008, 11:20 AM
  #486
Rangerfan4life90
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: College Point, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 4,699
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYReign View Post
Missed the game but from watching Rangers in 60, the result looked pretty misleading. We (from what I saw anyway) seemed like we were being outhustled all night again, esp. Kalinin on their goal and the powerplay right after the 5 on 3 ended in (I think) the first when CBJ had it in our zone for a good 30 seconds. Hank and Zherdev carried us to this victory. On Dubie's goal, I think he had planned to kick it in as evidenced by the obvious kicking motion but it was already off of his foot innocently before he started kicking so I think that's why it counted. Not the greatest goal he'll ever score but hey we will take it. On the most important point of the night, though, does anyone have a definitive update about Renney? I've heard he's "feeling better" from NHL on the Fly and "hanging in there" from Weinman's blog; anybody know for sure? I don't expect to see him behind the bench tomorrow night but hopefully he is feeling better and gets well ASAP and has no long-term effects (or any concussion)...
No we defiantely didnt get outskated last night, and Kalinin had a tough time with that goal because the puck was bouncing a lot earlier on in the game.

Rangerfan4life90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2008, 11:20 AM
  #487
BrooklynRangersFan
Change is good.
 
BrooklynRangersFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Brooklyn of course
Country: United States
Posts: 10,564
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYReign View Post
Missed the game but from watching Rangers in 60, the result looked pretty misleading. We (from what I saw anyway) seemed like we were being outhustled all night again, esp. Kalinin on their goal and the powerplay right after the 5 on 3 ended in (I think) the first when CBJ had it in our zone for a good 30 seconds. Hank and Zherdev carried us to this victory. On Dubie's goal, I think he had planned to kick it in as evidenced by the obvious kicking motion but it was already off of his foot innocently before he started kicking so I think that's why it counted. Not the greatest goal he'll ever score but hey we will take it. On the most important point of the night, though, does anyone have a definitive update about Renney? I've heard he's "feeling better" from NHL on the Fly and "hanging in there" from Weinman's blog; anybody know for sure? I don't expect to see him behind the bench tomorrow night but hopefully he is feeling better and gets well ASAP and has no long-term effects (or any concussion)...
That's gotta be Rangers in 60 - I watched the game and was very pleased (outside of a somewhat sloppy first period - which appeared to have more to do with the ice quality than anything else). The Rangers outshot, outhit and basically outplayed Columbus in every facet (except Faceoffs, where Peca was killing us all night). Very satisfying return to early season form after the recent bumpy couple games at the end of the 7 in 11 strectch.

Finishing of course continues to be the one concern, but the overall quality of play from this team is very consistent, especailly as regards defense and pressure on the other team. If we could get one more goal a game, I'd say this team had serious deep playoff potential.

BrooklynRangersFan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2008, 11:40 AM
  #488
JF Omalycat
CBJ Express
 
JF Omalycat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Columbus, Ohio
Country: United States
Posts: 4,313
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrooklynRangersFan View Post
Finishing of course continues to be the one concern, but the overall quality of play from this team is very consistent, especailly as regards defense and pressure on the other team.
This stood out to me last night. Obviously I don't see the Rangers as much as you folks, but I've never particularly associated New York as a defensively responsible team and went into last nights game assuming it would be a high scoring affair. Neutral zone coverage was smothering and puck pressure on the PK was outstanding as well. Very frustrating from a CBJ standpoint.

JF Omalycat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2008, 11:51 AM
  #489
broadwayblue
Registered User
 
broadwayblue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: NYC
Country: United States
Posts: 15,771
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JF Omalycat View Post
This stood out to me last night. Obviously I don't see the Rangers as much as you folks, but I've never particularly associated New York as a defensively responsible team and went into last nights game assuming it would be a high scoring affair. Neutral zone coverage was smothering and puck pressure on the PK was outstanding as well. Very frustrating from a CBJ standpoint.
Guess you didn't know that we were 25th in the league in goals for last year...and lost a bunch of scoring from that lineup. If we give up 3 goals a game we will likely get the L most nights, so we have no choice but to play responsible D and ask Henrik to stand on his head.

broadwayblue is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2008, 01:45 PM
  #490
Melrose_Jr.
Registered User
 
Melrose_Jr.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Providence, RI
Country: United States
Posts: 10,692
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hdw View Post
In all the gloating one could note that sissy stupid penalty taking Bδckman got 1 p, was +1, took no penalties and played 20:29 (placing him 4:th after Klesla, Nash and Toots) on the losing team.
I always felt that Backman got a bad rap here. he started off shaky and instantly got the Malik treatment, but honestly, put in some very serviceable performances.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JF Omalycat View Post
I was fairly open-minded on the Zherdev/Tyutin trade at first, but clearly we got butt banged on this one. Yowza.
Columbus got more of a guarantee than NYR did though. If Zherdev leaves next year while Tyutin can return to his solid form, your opinion might shift.

Melrose_Jr. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2008, 02:13 PM
  #491
Burlington Bomb 26
Louie Louie Oh oh
 
Burlington Bomb 26's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Green Mountain State
Country: United States
Posts: 16,615
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cynical TyranT View Post
Morrow? Seriously? I was with you up until then.... ehhhhhhhh
He is the best leader in the modern day NHL. He is underrated IMO. He works 100% even when their getting killed or killing the opponent.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JF Omalycat View Post
Link?
I believe Fedorov called out Z and Nash's lack of effort in a post-game interview.

Burlington Bomb 26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2008, 03:59 PM
  #492
cbjgirl
Just thinking
 
cbjgirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: about last summer.
Country: United States
Posts: 3,296
vCash: 500
I went to the game and have read both GDTs at this point, thought I'd make a few comments. (This post may seem a bit disjointed - sorry).

Zherdev looked good last night. Yes, some idiots in the building booed him, but those around me (season ticket holders) were well aware that he was traded and had no animosity toward him at all. Nikki got the 1st star of the game (as he should have), when that was announced people cheered - they weren't all Ranger fans either.

Yes, Fedorov did call out both Nash and Zherdev - in the of spring of 2007.

Leclaire got a bit lucky since at least two shots rang of the iron. I think one was a crossbar while the other was a post.

The whole Renney thing was weird. I sit in the upper bowl, second row, center ice, on the bench side of the arena. Klelsa got checked into the Ranger bench. Next thing I notice are the players are standing up, I was thinking maybe somebody spilled a water bottle or something on the bench - I couldn't see Renney from my angle. There was no panic from the bench, no motioning for medical staff, nothing. Guys just seemed to be standing around and looking down, but not actually doing anything about it. Play had continued. At the next stoppage, someone helped Renney up and walked him back toward the locker room - he looked very woosy.

Tyutin has had quite a few turnovers in our games. He might be used to forwards who actually come back for the pass (versus our guys who haven't been helping out the defensemen as much as they should be). He and Klelsa haven't "clicked" yet. Then again, Klelsa hasn't looked so hot either.

Filatov would have gotten more minutes if:
1. We weren't taking so many stupid penalties.
2. Weren't on the PP quite so much.
3. Had the lead.

Don't be upset that you didn't score on the 5 on 3, our guys have had a lot of practice with that so far this season.

Best of luck from here on out. I hope Nikki keeps it up for you guys.

cbjgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2008, 04:07 PM
  #493
coolbean04
Registered User
 
coolbean04's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 1,735
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GongShowHockeyNYR View Post
He's still overrated, people act as if he's in the same class as Heatley, Kovalchuk, ect.
Who rates him on that level???

Lets see, the guy gets traded for Tyutin. Can we get Heatley and Kovalchuk for him????

I don't know where you're getting your sources from but NO ONE rates Zherdev as high as those two.

coolbean04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2008, 04:09 PM
  #494
Burlington Bomb 26
Louie Louie Oh oh
 
Burlington Bomb 26's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Green Mountain State
Country: United States
Posts: 16,615
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolbean04 View Post
Who rates him on that level???

Lets see, the guy gets traded for Tyutin. Can we get Heatley and Kovalchuk for him????

I don't know where you're getting your sources from but NO ONE rates Zherdev as high as those two.
I was talking about Nash.

Burlington Bomb 26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2008, 06:10 PM
  #495
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him
 
nyr2k2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Washington, DC
Country: United States
Posts: 23,904
vCash: 145
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by GongShowHockeyNYR View Post
He is the best leader in the modern day NHL. He is underrated IMO. He works 100% even when their getting killed or killing the opponent.
Morrow is an awesome leader, a very hard workers and pretty talented. But still, come on.. Before posting 74 points last season, he broke 5 points exactly once in seven seasons. He's not one of the game's elite.

__________________

It's just pain.
nyr2k2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2008, 06:30 PM
  #496
NYR Viper
Moderator
 
NYR Viper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: PA
Country: United States
Posts: 28,989
vCash: 500
i would love nash on the rangers......that guy can flat-out fly and he is a pure goal scorer with size.....

NYR Viper is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:53 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.