HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

(#10): 10/24/2008 • New York Rangers @ Columbus Blue Jackets • 7pm • MSG (HD)

Old
10-25-2008, 01:18 AM
Scoot

vCash: 500
Rivalry aside,
I hope coach Renney has a speedy recovery, god bless.

Scoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2008, 02:03 AM
NYReign

Missed the game but from watching Rangers in 60, the result looked pretty misleading. We (from what I saw anyway) seemed like we were being outhustled all night again, esp. Kalinin on their goal and the powerplay right after the 5 on 3 ended in (I think) the first when CBJ had it in our zone for a good 30 seconds. Hank and Zherdev carried us to this victory. On Dubie's goal, I think he had planned to kick it in as evidenced by the obvious kicking motion but it was already off of his foot innocently before he started kicking so I think that's why it counted. Not the greatest goal he'll ever score but hey we will take it. On the most important point of the night, though, does anyone have a definitive update about Renney? I've heard he's "feeling better" from NHL on the Fly and "hanging in there" from Weinman's blog; anybody know for sure? I don't expect to see him behind the bench tomorrow night but hopefully he is feeling better and gets well ASAP and has no long-term effects (or any concussion)...

NYReign is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2008, 02:06 AM
nevesis

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYReign View Post
On the most important point of the night, though, does anyone have a definitive update about Renney? I've heard he's "feeling better" from NHL on the Fly and "hanging in there" from Weinman's blog; anybody know for sure? I don't expect to see him behind the bench tomorrow night but hopefully he is feeling better and gets well ASAP and has no long-term effects (or any concussion)...
He already did a post game interview and he is fine. There is video on the official NYR's site.

nevesis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2008, 05:45 AM
Ola

Nash is easily as talented as a Dany Heatly. I am prepaired to put him as the 4th most talented hockeyplayer in the world, behind only Sid, Malkin and AO.

If Nash was from any other country then Canada there would be serious questionmarks about his attitude though. He have repeatedly shown up out of shape. He got consistency problems.

Ola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2008, 06:51 AM
Cynical TyranT
Son of a gun

Send a message via AIM to Cynical TyranT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ola View Post
Nash is easily as talented as a Dany Heatly. I am prepaired to put him as the 4th most talented hockeyplayer in the world, behind only Sid, Malkin and AO.

If Nash was from any other country then Canada there would be serious questionmarks about his attitude though. He have repeatedly shown up out of shape. He got consistency problems.
That's crazy talk.

There's about 15 guys I'd take over Nash...

Cynical TyranT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2008, 07:32 AM
Burlington Bomb 26
Louie Louie Oh oh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ola View Post

Your crazy if you think that. Semin, Alfredsson, Zetterberg, Datsyuk, Kovalchuk, Morrow, and Thornton are all easily more talented than Nash.

There is already question about his attitude. Ask Sergei Fedorov.

Burlington Bomb 26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2008, 07:36 AM
Cynical TyranT
Son of a gun

Send a message via AIM to Cynical TyranT
Quote:
Originally Posted by GongShowHockeyNYR View Post
Your crazy if you think that. Semin, Alfredsson, Zetterberg, Datsyuk, Kovalchuk, Morrow, and Thornton are all easily more talented than Nash.

Morrow? Seriously? I was with you up until then.... ehhhhhhhh

Cynical TyranT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2008, 07:49 AM
z1co80
The Incredible Hank

Yeah Rick Nash is so overrated

I tell you what i'd rather have the Blue Jackets $5.4m overrated Captain than our $7.05m Invisible captain

Nash is a player i'd love the Rangers to have but the Blue Jackets are lucky to have and i tell you that if Nash had a center like Gomez in Columbus he wouldn't be hovering around 70pts every season.

The Blue Jackets will be a great team in a few years and personally i want to see them do well as i have a soft spot for them, they have everything needed to be a fantastic team once the young players like Filatov, Brassard, Voracek get more acustomed to the NHL, on top of that they have a franchise player in Nash, great young goalie in Leclaire, a top goalie prospect in Steve Mason and a solid defensive core.

They wont be in trouble with the salary cap which unfortunately i think we will be.

Last edited by z1co80: 10-25-2008 at 07:56 AM.
z1co80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2008, 08:31 AM
JF Omalycat
CBJ Express

Quote:

Link?

JF Omalycat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2008, 10:54 AM
ThirdEye

Really surprised at the win. Last year I guarantee you the Rangers would have lost this game

ThirdEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2008, 11:20 AM
Rangerfan4life90

Quote:
Missed the game but from watching Rangers in 60, the result looked pretty misleading. We (from what I saw anyway) seemed like we were being outhustled all night again, esp. Kalinin on their goal and the powerplay right after the 5 on 3 ended in (I think) the first when CBJ had it in our zone for a good 30 seconds. Hank and Zherdev carried us to this victory. On Dubie's goal, I think he had planned to kick it in as evidenced by the obvious kicking motion but it was already off of his foot innocently before he started kicking so I think that's why it counted. Not the greatest goal he'll ever score but hey we will take it. On the most important point of the night, though, does anyone have a definitive update about Renney? I've heard he's "feeling better" from NHL on the Fly and "hanging in there" from Weinman's blog; anybody know for sure? I don't expect to see him behind the bench tomorrow night but hopefully he is feeling better and gets well ASAP and has no long-term effects (or any concussion)...
No we defiantely didnt get outskated last night, and Kalinin had a tough time with that goal because the puck was bouncing a lot earlier on in the game.

Rangerfan4life90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2008, 11:20 AM
BrooklynRangersFan
Change is good.

Quote:
That's gotta be Rangers in 60 - I watched the game and was very pleased (outside of a somewhat sloppy first period - which appeared to have more to do with the ice quality than anything else). The Rangers outshot, outhit and basically outplayed Columbus in every facet (except Faceoffs, where Peca was killing us all night). Very satisfying return to early season form after the recent bumpy couple games at the end of the 7 in 11 strectch.

Finishing of course continues to be the one concern, but the overall quality of play from this team is very consistent, especailly as regards defense and pressure on the other team. If we could get one more goal a game, I'd say this team had serious deep playoff potential.

BrooklynRangersFan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2008, 11:40 AM
JF Omalycat
CBJ Express

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrooklynRangersFan View Post
Finishing of course continues to be the one concern, but the overall quality of play from this team is very consistent, especailly as regards defense and pressure on the other team.
This stood out to me last night. Obviously I don't see the Rangers as much as you folks, but I've never particularly associated New York as a defensively responsible team and went into last nights game assuming it would be a high scoring affair. Neutral zone coverage was smothering and puck pressure on the PK was outstanding as well. Very frustrating from a CBJ standpoint.

JF Omalycat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2008, 11:51 AM
broadwayblue

Quote:
Originally Posted by JF Omalycat View Post
This stood out to me last night. Obviously I don't see the Rangers as much as you folks, but I've never particularly associated New York as a defensively responsible team and went into last nights game assuming it would be a high scoring affair. Neutral zone coverage was smothering and puck pressure on the PK was outstanding as well. Very frustrating from a CBJ standpoint.
Guess you didn't know that we were 25th in the league in goals for last year...and lost a bunch of scoring from that lineup. If we give up 3 goals a game we will likely get the L most nights, so we have no choice but to play responsible D and ask Henrik to stand on his head.

broadwayblue is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2008, 01:45 PM
Melrose_Jr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hdw View Post
In all the gloating one could note that sissy stupid penalty taking Bδckman got 1 p, was +1, took no penalties and played 20:29 (placing him 4:th after Klesla, Nash and Toots) on the losing team.
I always felt that Backman got a bad rap here. he started off shaky and instantly got the Malik treatment, but honestly, put in some very serviceable performances.

Quote:
I was fairly open-minded on the Zherdev/Tyutin trade at first, but clearly we got butt banged on this one. Yowza.
Columbus got more of a guarantee than NYR did though. If Zherdev leaves next year while Tyutin can return to his solid form, your opinion might shift.

Melrose_Jr. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2008, 02:13 PM
Burlington Bomb 26
Louie Louie Oh oh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cynical TyranT View Post
Morrow? Seriously? I was with you up until then.... ehhhhhhhh
He is the best leader in the modern day NHL. He is underrated IMO. He works 100% even when their getting killed or killing the opponent.

Quote:
Link?
I believe Fedorov called out Z and Nash's lack of effort in a post-game interview.

Old
10-25-2008, 03:59 PM
cbjgirl
Just thinking

I went to the game and have read both GDTs at this point, thought I'd make a few comments. (This post may seem a bit disjointed - sorry).

Zherdev looked good last night. Yes, some idiots in the building booed him, but those around me (season ticket holders) were well aware that he was traded and had no animosity toward him at all. Nikki got the 1st star of the game (as he should have), when that was announced people cheered - they weren't all Ranger fans either.

Yes, Fedorov did call out both Nash and Zherdev - in the of spring of 2007.

Leclaire got a bit lucky since at least two shots rang of the iron. I think one was a crossbar while the other was a post.

The whole Renney thing was weird. I sit in the upper bowl, second row, center ice, on the bench side of the arena. Klelsa got checked into the Ranger bench. Next thing I notice are the players are standing up, I was thinking maybe somebody spilled a water bottle or something on the bench - I couldn't see Renney from my angle. There was no panic from the bench, no motioning for medical staff, nothing. Guys just seemed to be standing around and looking down, but not actually doing anything about it. Play had continued. At the next stoppage, someone helped Renney up and walked him back toward the locker room - he looked very woosy.

Tyutin has had quite a few turnovers in our games. He might be used to forwards who actually come back for the pass (versus our guys who haven't been helping out the defensemen as much as they should be). He and Klelsa haven't "clicked" yet. Then again, Klelsa hasn't looked so hot either.

Filatov would have gotten more minutes if:
1. We weren't taking so many stupid penalties.
2. Weren't on the PP quite so much.
3. Had the lead.

Don't be upset that you didn't score on the 5 on 3, our guys have had a lot of practice with that so far this season.

Best of luck from here on out. I hope Nikki keeps it up for you guys.

cbjgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2008, 04:07 PM
coolbean04

Quote:
He's still overrated, people act as if he's in the same class as Heatley, Kovalchuk, ect.
Who rates him on that level???

Lets see, the guy gets traded for Tyutin. Can we get Heatley and Kovalchuk for him????

I don't know where you're getting your sources from but NO ONE rates Zherdev as high as those two.

coolbean04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2008, 04:09 PM
Burlington Bomb 26
Louie Louie Oh oh

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolbean04 View Post
Who rates him on that level???

Lets see, the guy gets traded for Tyutin. Can we get Heatley and Kovalchuk for him????

I don't know where you're getting your sources from but NO ONE rates Zherdev as high as those two.
I was talking about Nash.

Old
10-25-2008, 06:10 PM
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him

vCash: 145
Awards:
Quote:
He is the best leader in the modern day NHL. He is underrated IMO. He works 100% even when their getting killed or killing the opponent.
Morrow is an awesome leader, a very hard workers and pretty talented. But still, come on.. Before posting 74 points last season, he broke 5 points exactly once in seven seasons. He's not one of the game's elite.

It's just pain.
nyr2k2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2008, 06:30 PM
NYR Viper

i would love nash on the rangers......that guy can flat-out fly and he is a pure goal scorer with size.....

NYR Viper is offline   Reply With Quote