HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Notices

#7 -- Flyers at Devils -- October 24, 2008 -- 7:00 PM (ET)

Old
10-25-2008, 07:50 AM
Ri hards

vCash: 500
I was at hockey last night...and then at the bar when I saw the boxscore. THANK GOD!

It looks like the curse of Palin is over. She drops the puck for the Flyers, they go 0-4-2. The night she drops the puck for the Blues, the Flyers win, the Blues are shut out and the Blues loose Legace to an injury caused by Palin's carpet.

**** yes.

Ri hards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2008, 07:53 AM
MountainHawk

vCash: 450
Actually it was 0-3-3.

MountainHawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2008, 10:22 AM
PhilaFlyers

vCash: 300
We win!

PhilaFlyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2008, 01:32 PM
flyersfan97

Quote:
Originally Posted by opus View Post
In other news...Zednik just scored his first goal of the season. Nice to see him back after the terrible incident last year.
Good for him. I'm glad to see he's back and playing well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MountainHawk View Post
4 pts of the last 6! The Flyers are on a roll!
That is a great way to look at it..and true.

flyersfan97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2008, 02:27 PM
BringBackStevens

Richards, Sbisa, Hartnell and Upshall looked outstanding last night.

Upshall is stringing together some excellent games. When he flys around and hits everything like he did last night he is very effective.

Carter and Hartnell have been consistently from start to finish our best players IMO. Hartnell is digging deep and doing what he does best... i think he's really making Knuble expendable once Danny gets back. If we can survive a month or two then maybe we can move Knuble for some modest help on the blueline. Especially with how NHL ready Andreas Nodl appears to be

BringBackStevens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2008, 04:17 PM
Kambo

Send a message via AIM to Kambo
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyersfan97 View Post
Wooo-hoooooo, the Flyers win one!! And against the Devils--twice as awesome.

I missed the game, and didn't read through the GDT, did we chase Brodeur?

And congratulations to MSE, I see you have gone "global."

EDIT: Hey, Kambo, you are hereby invited to attend all Flyers games in NJ. You rule!!!
Yay go me! That was awesome, except I will probably never ever go there again. First off, North Jersey smells like absolute ****. I couldn't even leave my window down. Second, as nice as the arena is, everything inside sucks. Their food sucks, the set-up sucks, their fans sucks (all 10 of them that were there), and the ******* upper-level sucks. FF97, you were right about the steepness. I thought I was gonna die the first time I had to squeeze by people to get to my seat. Oh and did I mention that they have ****ing cheerleaders?!?! Not ice girls, girls that stand on the sides of the lower-level with ******* pom-poms. Seriously.

Kambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2008, 04:52 PM
MountainHawk

vCash: 450
My favorite NJ arena story.

I went to a Flyers-Devils game at the old arena, just by myself (I worked 30 minutes from the arena, just decided to go after work one day. I ended up sitting right behind the Devils penalty box. Scott Stevens took a penalty early, so I spent 2 minutes yelling at him, telling him what a loser dirty cheapshot player he was.

Anyway, about halfway through the first period, and usher comes down to me. He says, with a huge grin on his face, that 'the gentleman next to you (dude in a suit) asked me to come down and ask you to stop cheering because he is trying to have a conversation on his cell phone.' He then laughed and said 'Enjoy the game.'

Every time the phone rang, no matter what was going on in the game, all the Devils fans in the section made as much noise as they possibly could. He left about midway through the 2nd.

MountainHawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2008, 10:47 PM
flyersfan97

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kambo View Post
Yay go me! That was awesome, except I will probably never ever go there again. First off, North Jersey smells like absolute ****. I couldn't even leave my window down. Second, as nice as the arena is, everything inside sucks. Their food sucks, the set-up sucks, their fans sucks (all 10 of them that were there), and the ******* upper-level sucks. FF97, you were right about the steepness. I thought I was gonna die the first time I had to squeeze by people to get to my seat. Oh and did I mention that they have ****ing cheerleaders?!?! Not ice girls, girls that stand on the sides of the lower-level with ******* pom-poms. Seriously.
Told ya. I'm glad you got to see a win, but I have zero desire to go to that place--ever. A friend of mine took her daughters to a concert there and they sat in the top tier. She said she wouldn't even let them stand because she was so afraid that they were going to topple over. I passed on a ton of Bon Jovi tickets because his concert was at that place. The only thing that would get me there is a night with Eddie , and as long as they keep the Meadowlands open, that's (hopefully) where he'll be playing.

Let me ask you, since you drove, how was it leaving that place? I've heard stories that it is a pretty tough task.

Old
10-27-2008, 07:20 AM
rayearth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Hole Sun View Post
The night she drops the puck for the Blues, the Flyers win, the Blues are shut out and the Blues loose Legace to an injury caused by Palin's carpet.
But does it match the drapes?

Last edited by rayearth: 10-27-2008 at 07:41 AM.
rayearth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2008, 08:39 AM
Kambo

Send a message via AIM to Kambo
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyersfan97 View Post
Told ya. I'm glad you got to see a win, but I have zero desire to go to that place--ever. A friend of mine took her daughters to a concert there and they sat in the top tier. She said she wouldn't even let them stand because she was so afraid that they were going to topple over. I passed on a ton of Bon Jovi tickets because his concert was at that place. The only thing that would get me there is a night with Eddie , and as long as they keep the Meadowlands open, that's (hopefully) where he'll be playing.

Let me ask you, since you drove, how was it leaving that place? I've heard stories that it is a pretty tough task.
I parked in a pretty small lot about a block or two away, but I took my time getting back since it was one of those lots where they pack everyone in and have cars parked in front of the others. By the time I got back, I waited in line for about 5 minutes and was on my way. Only ****** thing was getting back onto the turnpike. They have a light at literally every block in the middle of the ghetto. I even had an encounter with a crazy one-legged man in a wheelchair. I was gonna give him a dollar when I first saw him. That was until I saw his face. Dude was tripping on something. He looked a little too happy to be wheeling in between a **** ton of cars on a busy street.

Kambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2008, 10:02 PM
flyersfan97

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kambo View Post
I parked in a pretty small lot about a block or two away, but I took my time getting back since it was one of those lots where they pack everyone in and have cars parked in front of the others. By the time I got back, I waited in line for about 5 minutes and was on my way. Only ****** thing was getting back onto the turnpike. They have a light at literally every block in the middle of the ghetto. I even had an encounter with a crazy one-legged man in a wheelchair. I was gonna give him a dollar when I first saw him. That was until I saw his face. Dude was tripping on something. He looked a little too happy to be wheeling in between a **** ton of cars on a busy street.

Ha-ha, I know that road well--Rt. 21 also known as McCarter Highway. Believe it or not, that's not even the worst part of Newark...not by a long-shot, not even close.

Regardless, I'm glad you got to see a win in Jersey. That's more than I have accomplished in probably 30+ attempts.