HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

PGT Habs Ducks

Old
10-25-2008, 09:14 PM
Quiet Robert

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryI View Post
Why The **** Did Brisebois Have More Ice Time Than Komi!? ****!
I understand you're frustrated, but get real. It was 5 seconds...And Brisebois got 4:00 mins on the PP. Komi still played more ES than him and was our most used dman on the PK (along with Markov.)

I honestly don't get why Brisebois is the goat for this game. Apart from that turnover in the 3rd period (Trying to spin away from a Duck in the corner) he wasn't bad. The team was terrible defensively. Nobody supported each other and the guys looked like they had no clue how to defend against the cycle.

How come nobody is calling out Markov and Komisarek for their terrible PK coverage and inability to clear the puck? Funny how it's so easy to blame Brisebois, but our two best dmen were the ones who got scored on twice on the PK and ended up -1 and -2 on the night.

Quiet Robert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2008, 09:14 PM
JTWymanFan*

Quote:
Why The **** Did Brisebois Have More Ice Time Than Komi!? ****!

Gold, pure Carbo Gold !!

JTWymanFan* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2008, 09:15 PM
Krautso

Wow. Sloppy game by the D tonight. Offense looked good though and most nights the scoreline comes out in our favour with an effort like that. Hated the third period, the Ducks first line skated around with impunity.

I would definitely chalk this up to rust. The timing of the many of the breakouts seemed off and simple plays (like clearing the zone) seemed alot harder than they should be.

Brisebois had a rough go. His eyes are bigger than his skill level these days....trying high risk passes without having the ability to recover when they go cow-**** bothers me. Markov can do it...you can't!

Badly outshot them but the overall quality of chances wasn't that much better. If we're going to pound that many pucks to the net, we should at least have someone in front to screen and collect rebounds...

Looking forward to next game, can't come soon enough.

Krautso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2008, 09:15 PM
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service

vCash: 50
Plekanec with 13!? shots. Whoaa!

Watsatheo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2008, 09:16 PM
The n00b King *

Good thing I missed this one.

The n00b King * is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
WeThreeKings

Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quiet Robert View Post
I understand you're frustrated, but get real. It was 5 seconds...And Brisebois got 4:00 mins on the PP. Komi still played more ES than him and was our most used dman on the PK (along with Markov.)

I honestly don't get why Brisebois is the goat for this game. Apart from that turnover in the 3rd period (Trying to spin away from a Duck in the corner) he wasn't bad. The team was terrible defensively. Nobody supported each other and the guys looked like they had no clue how to defend against the cycle.

How come nobody is calling out Markov and Komisarek for their terrible PK coverage and inability to clear the puck? Funny how it's so easy to blame Brisebois, but our two best dmen were the ones who got scored on twice on the PK and ended up -1 and -2 on the night.
Carbo disease

Someone sedate this man!

WeThreeKings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
JTWymanFan*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Watsatheo View Post
Plekanec with 13!? shots. Whoaa!
Yep and everyone hit Gigueres mattress !!!

Old
10-25-2008, 09:17 PM
Papa_Bear_21

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeThreeKings View Post
My brain almost imploded trying to find a reason why Brisebois should ever suit up for another NHL game.

If he wasn't hurting us, he wasn't helping.
+1, lol

Papa_Bear_21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
JTWymanFan*

Quote:
Carbo disease

Someone sedate this man!

Old
Nashy
The Honey Badger

Quote:

Breezy was the face of an all round crappy defensive effort, there was a cast of many, including Markov and Komisarek. One big save from either goalie would have been nice, too.

Nashy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Go Habs Go

Some things I noticed...

- Worst reffing I've seen all year
- Bad defense tonight
- Halak was weak but not totally his fault.
- Almost every offside call was because of Lang
- Brisebois is getting worse somehow
- 4th line plays way too much, how can we win when our trash is on the ice for 15-12 mins a game?
- Nieds was a beast tonight

Go Habs Go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2008, 09:18 PM
HH
GO HABS GO!

Quote:

Misplayed the 2 on 1 early, made bad passes, took a bad penalty that led to a goal because of that play...IS BAD on the PP, always shoots on opposition and his passes are all predictable, unlike the rest of the unit. The guy can't follow anymore, he should retire.

HH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2008, 09:19 PM
WeThreeKings

Quote:
Misplayed the 2 on 1 early, made bad passes, took a bad penalty that led to a goal because of that play...IS BAD on the PP, always shoots on opposition and his passes are all predictable, unlike the rest of the unit. The guy can't follow anymore, he should retire.
Not to mention 4-5 occasions where he passed the puck offside on the powerplay under no pressure.

Old
10-25-2008, 09:21 PM
la25ecoupe

Is it possible for the ATAK line to play against the opposite teams' 3rd line? This will let them more chances to score goals and bring back their confidence..

la25ecoupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2008, 09:22 PM
WeThreeKings

Quote:
Originally Posted by vanylapep View Post
Is it possible for the ATAK line to play against the opposite teams' 3rd line? This will let them more chances to score goals and bring back their confidence..
It's possible, seeing as we have last change as the home team. But generally Carbonneau likes matching our fourth line with their fourth line, nullifying a big plus of having three offensive lines.

Old
10-25-2008, 09:23 PM
Krautso

Quote:
Originally Posted by vanylapep View Post
You'd think with the home-ice that carbo would be able to keep brisebois away from getzlaf's line...yet there he was in the third period....getting absolutely dominated down-low.

Krautso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2008, 09:26 PM
googlymoogly

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhuya71 View Post
all in jiggys chest.....
That was Giguere? I thought it was Garth Snow with a sheet of plywood on his chest.

googlymoogly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2008, 09:27 PM
giovannicanella

Everything you guys just said + BAD ICE BAD ICE...

Blame Madonna guys blame Madonna!

There was lots of slips and bizarre loss of balances from our part...so weren't able to employ our skating game as much as we would have liked to...Albeit that was a small percentage of why we lost this game?

giovannicanella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2008, 09:28 PM
WeThreeKings

Quote:
Originally Posted by giovannicanella View Post
Everything you guys just said + BAD ICE BAD ICE...

Blame Madonna guys blame Madonna!

There was lots of slips and bizarre loss of balances from our part...so weren't able to employ our skating game as much as we would have liked to...Albeit that was a small percentage of why we lost this game?
Anaheim Ducks played on the same ice surface.

Old
10-25-2008, 09:29 PM
Nashy
The Honey Badger

Quote:
It's possible, seeing as we have last change as the home team. But generally Carbonneau likes matching our fourth line with their fourth line, nullifying a big plus of having three offensive lines.
I don't think I have ever seen Carbonneau line match....the odd double shift, but that's about it.

I think he just keeps rolling 4 lines.....

Old
10-25-2008, 09:29 PM
WeThreeKings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nashy View Post
I don't think I have ever seen Carbonneau line match....the odd double shift, but that's about it.
He uses a metronome for his lines.

click click click click

Old
10-25-2008, 09:30 PM
Nashy
The Honey Badger

Quote:
He uses a metronome for his lines.

click click click click
now that's gold.

Old
NewHabsEra*

My view on the game (warning I wont be soft in my comments)

Brisebois made in his short once again, this guy is so weak between the ears its incredible, every times we face a heavy team Brisebois panic like a little girl that lost his mom at the store..

S.Kost was quite uneffective on the first line once again, another one that just cant find any chimestry with Kovy, humm humm.. Sergei looked effraid to be hit all the game long, couldnt sacrifice his body to make a play..

Kovy is playing alone, he doesnt need linemates, give him 2 grinders and there is no difference.. Last season as a Habs mark my words!

Latendresse was disgusting, was looking like the latendresse of last year, was looking like a guy that belong to the AHL.. Im not saying he should be sent down, Im saying he sclacked down a big time since the last 2 games and he is actually doing nothing good outside giving some useless bodychecks when the puck is already miles away.. Dont know whats the deal with him, he has to be way more involved in the play, have confidence with the puck, skate, be in movement and come back at was he was doing good early in the season.. I was hoping to see him improve constantly this year, Im desapointed, I hope he comes back on the right track with a better work ethic..

I liked Saku Tanguay Lang Kosto and Higgins played a good game for a first one... BTW if Lats continues to struggle that way, it wont take long before Higgins find Koivu and Tanguay back..

There was no chimestry between players, defensive coverage was atrocious, I guess its a matter of being 1 week without playing, anyway Im sure Carbo is really not happy, they will skate tommorow!

NewHabsEra* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
googlymoogly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nashy View Post
Breezy was the face of an all round crappy defensive effort, there was a cast of many, including Markov and Komisarek. One big save from either goalie would have been nice, too.
Your in for a long night when your best defensmen are Georges and Bouillion.

googlymoogly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2008, 09:31 PM
VAN-HAB
Vancouver Habitant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc the Habs Fan View Post
One thing I hope, if AKost is not back on Tuesday, is that they put Sergei back with Lang and Kosto and get Higgins with Pleks and Kovy.

Sergei has been a total ghost replacing his bro on that line. Honestly, I can't even remember one quality pass or shot from him in the 2 and half games on that line.
the pass to Kovalev and then the penalty

VAN-HAB is offline   Reply With Quote