HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

PGT Habs Ducks

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
10-25-2008, 09:34 PM
  #76
googlymoogly
Registered User
 
googlymoogly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 9,033
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krautso View Post
You'd think with the home-ice that carbo would be able to keep brisebois away from getzlaf's line...yet there he was in the third period....getting absolutely dominated down-low.
Yep because Obyrne isn't strong enough to handle Getzlaf like Brisebois can

googlymoogly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2008, 09:35 PM
  #77
Quiet Robert
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 5,262
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryI View Post
Misplayed the 2 on 1 early, made bad passes, took a bad penalty that led to a goal because of that play...IS BAD on the PP, always shoots on opposition and his passes are all predictable, unlike the rest of the unit. The guy can't follow anymore, he should retire.
I'm not Brisebois' biggest fan, but I just think it's so predictable to blame the no.6 dman who played 12:30 of ES hockey, helped create a ES goal and while he wasn't spectacular certainly wasn't the reason for our loss tonight.

Meanwhile Markov and Komisarek virtually get a free pass. Our best dmen combine for -3 on the night, have more turnovers than hits, are unable to clear the zone, a significant amount of missed passes and generally were unable to contain the Ducks once they started a cycle. Brisebois being outmuscled down low when a cycle starts is more understandable than Markov and Komisarek getting dominated in their own zone shift after shift.

Shouldn't that be a bigger source of frustration than a no.6 dman who isn't known for defensive play in the first place?

While we're at it, let's blame Laraque and Lapierre and ignore the fact that Kovalev had more turnovers than shots on goal, wasn't committed on defence, was a -2 on the night, had 4mins in penalties. (Granted the 2nd one was a bit of a BS call.) You want to talk about not bringing it on the PP, Kovalev got 5:44 on the PP and had nothing to show for it. As for predictable, how about that "fake shot...pass" routine. That sure had the Ducks fooled.

Our best players have to be our best players to win games. Tonight our best players were generally pretty bad. (Tanguay was excellent.) That's why we lost, not because our no.6 dman was mediocre.

Quiet Robert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2008, 09:36 PM
  #78
hackeyisneat
Incostitsynt
 
hackeyisneat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 492
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by giovannicanella View Post
Everything you guys just said + BAD ICE BAD ICE...

Blame Madonna guys blame Madonna!

There was lots of slips and bizarre loss of balances from our part...so weren't able to employ our skating game as much as we would have liked to...Albeit that was a small percentage of why we lost this game?
what wethreekings said, it saved price on the penalty shot

however, you must blame the people that actually paid to go see a 50 year old madonna strut around, like idiots

hackeyisneat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2008, 09:36 PM
  #79
HamrlikTheStud*
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 2,810
vCash: 500
One thing I actually liked tonight is seeing Carbo ice Alex Tanguay more often...

He's been our best winger, and by far so far this year. The more he plays, the better he is.

Kovalev has to give a little extra effort IMO. If things stay as they are right now, IMO, Gainey would :

- Offer a long-term contract to Tanguay, at about 5,75M/season
- Sign Koivu to a 2 years, 10M contract
- Pay Komisarek a 4M contract
- Drop Kovalev
- DROP BREEZER

HamrlikTheStud* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2008, 09:37 PM
  #80
Chomsky
Registered User
 
Chomsky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,993
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by blicemj View Post
what wethreekings said, it saved price on the penalty shot

however, you must blame the people that actually paid $3000 to go see a 50 year old madonna strut around, like idiots
Fixed for more accuracy.

Chomsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2008, 09:38 PM
  #81
JTWymanFan*
 
JTWymanFan*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Bromont,Qc
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,012
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by blicemj View Post
what wethreekings said, it saved price on the penalty shot

however, you must blame the people that actually paid to go see a 50 year old madonna strut around, like idiots
Actually it was Madonna on Thur. night and Bute fight last night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HamrlikTheStud View Post
One thing I actually liked tonight is seeing Carbo ice Alex Tanguay more often...

He's been our best winger, and by far so far this year. The more he plays, the better he is.

Kovalev has to give a little extra effort IMO. If things stay as they are right now, IMO, Gainey would :

- Offer a long-term contract to Tanguay, at about 5,75M/season
- Sign Koivu to a 2 years, 10M contract
- Pay Komisarek a 4M contract
- Drop Kovalev
- DROP BREEZER
aint going to happen !!!


Last edited by Habs10Habs: 10-25-2008 at 10:26 PM.
JTWymanFan* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2008, 09:40 PM
  #82
HamrlikTheStud*
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 2,810
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CabbageLegs View Post
aint going to happen !!!
If he plays that way all year long, I bet you it will happen...

HamrlikTheStud* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2008, 09:40 PM
  #83
Krautso
Registered User
 
Krautso's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,892
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quiet Robert View Post
I'm not Brisebois' biggest fan, but I just think it's so predictable to blame the no.6 dman who played 12:30 of ES hockey, helped create a ES goal and while he wasn't spectacular certainly wasn't the reason for our loss tonight.

Meanwhile Markov and Komisarek virtually get a free pass. Our best dmen combine for -3 on the night, have more turnovers than hits, are unable to clear the zone, a significant amount of missed passes and generally were unable to contain the Ducks once they started a cycle. Brisebois being outmuscled down low when a cycle starts is more understandable than Markov and Komisarek getting dominated in their own zone shift after shift.

Shouldn't that be a bigger source of frustration than a no.6 dman who isn't known for defensive play in the first place?

While we're at it, let's blame Laraque and Lapierre and ignore the fact that Kovalev had more turnovers than shots on goal, wasn't committed on defence, was a -2 on the night, had 4mins in penalties. (Granted the 2nd one was a bit of a BS call.) You want to talk about not bringing it on the PP, Kovalev got 5:44 on the PP and had nothing to show for it. As for predictable, how about that "fake shot...pass" routine. That sure had the Ducks fooled.

Our best players have to be our best players to win games. Tonight our best players were generally pretty bad. (Tanguay was excellent.) That's why we lost, not because our no.6 dman was mediocre.
We could just as easily pick on plekanec's jason blake impression tonite but brisebois plays a position with little room for error and he just seems so error prone these days its hard to stomach.

Krautso is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2008, 09:40 PM
  #84
keepcalmandbeninja
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,094
vCash: 500
.

Quote:
what wethreekings said, it saved price on the penalty shot

however, you must blame the people that actually paid to go see a 50 year old madonna strut around, like idiots
True, Anaheim Ducks played on the same surface...but it could be argued that in general we are a more skating reliant team? or that it affected us MORE negatively than Anaheim...in the end we both had the same ice...for 60 mins...

New points...

Am I wrong to to think that Sergei Kostitsyn played with added conviction and more physicality tonight?

Quote:
That's why we lost, not because our no.6 dman was mediocre
Are you referring to Brisebois? He has been our #4 Defenceman this year....so far...

keepcalmandbeninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2008, 09:43 PM
  #85
bhuya71
Registered User
 
bhuya71's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Ottawa, Ontario
Country: Bangladesh
Posts: 2,536
vCash: 500
k regarding this whole kovalev ordeal going around i thought he played very well on the pp causing lanes to open and creating space...ya he wasn't amazing 5 on 5 but pleks had a mission to score (despite the damn fact that they were all crap quality shots) and skost i hate to say it just wasn't there tonight. so kovy was kinda carrying the line with plek living with a shoot first ask questions later mentality lol therefore no passing......

bhuya71 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2008, 09:44 PM
  #86
WeThreeKings
DJ Nikita
 
WeThreeKings's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Halifax
Country: Canada
Posts: 39,150
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
Quote:
Originally Posted by giovannicanella View Post
True, Anaheim Ducks played on the same surface...but it could be argued that in general we are a more skating reliant team? or that it affected us MORE negatively than Anaheim...in the end we both had the same ice...for 60 mins...

New point...

Am I wrong to to think that Sergei Kostitsyn played with added conviction and more physicality tonight?
I thought Sergei was atrocious and contributed nothing but a nice hit on a one-on-one late in the game.

WeThreeKings is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2008, 09:46 PM
  #87
speed11
Registered User
 
speed11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Country:
Posts: 4,500
vCash: 500
i'm not even gonna blame the goalies this game, i hope nobody does, the D, as a whole, looked like utter garbage. I've never seen em more out of position on the Ducks goals, not to mention, the forwards did very little (defensively) to help Halak or Price.

You score 4 gls, you think you'd manage to at least get the game to OT.

eff the scheduling and move on...

speed11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2008, 09:47 PM
  #88
keepcalmandbeninja
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,094
vCash: 500
.

Quote:
I thought Sergei was atrocious and contributed nothing but a nice hit on a one-on-one late in the game.
I guess I was too focused on that...still counts for something though

keepcalmandbeninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2008, 09:48 PM
  #89
hackeyisneat
Incostitsynt
 
hackeyisneat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 492
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bhuya71 View Post
k regarding this whole kovalev ordeal going around i thought he played very well on the pp causing lanes to open and creating space...ya he wasn't amazing 5 on 5 but pleks had a mission to score (despite the damn fact that they were all crap quality shots) and skost i hate to say it just wasn't there tonight. so kovy was kinda carrying the line with plek living with a shoot first ask questions later mentality lol therefore no passing......
i thought kovy played fine, could really use some help from pleks, should have never made that little girl comment

sergei is still really young and has surpassed all expectations, so he shouldn't be relied on for that role, can't wait for AK to get back

higgins looked really good for a first game, now will he play with koivu and tangs or lang and skost, both good options

hackeyisneat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2008, 09:49 PM
  #90
Samuelson
 
Samuelson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Country: Canada
Posts: 226
vCash: 500
This was reely not a good game for the habs.
Markov reely screwd up tonite and i think he cost the the game
__________________________________________________ _________________________

SCREW GIGUERE!

Samuelson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2008, 09:49 PM
  #91
Krautso
Registered User
 
Krautso's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,892
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by giovannicanella View Post
I guess I was too focused on that...still counts for something though
he did do that nifty backhand pass at the blueline to spring kovy on a breakaway...which ended up lost in the mattress of the michelin man.

Krautso is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2008, 09:49 PM
  #92
Pascal
Registered User
 
Pascal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,467
vCash: 500
for the record, i bash Giggy the Michelin Man but look at Halak, he's almost as "bubbled up" as he is.

it's a league thing, and if Giggy gets away with it, why not do it..

Pascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2008, 09:53 PM
  #93
lamp9post
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 1,367
vCash: 500
talking about predictable...the Habs lose their 1st in 7 games and the Carbo haters show up in full force. Is it going to be like this after every loss?

The sense of entitlement that some habs fans have truly bewilders me. Please, just get over it. You do not deserve to see the habs win every game.

Only Leaf fans deserve that privilege

lamp9post is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2008, 09:53 PM
  #94
WeThreeKings
DJ Nikita
 
WeThreeKings's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Halifax
Country: Canada
Posts: 39,150
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
Giguere was not that incredible. If someone asked me a bunch of questions about things I knew a lot about, I'd look smart. Or if they asked me a bunch of things I didn't know a lot about, I'd look like an idiot. When you play into Giguere's strengths all game long, of course he's gonna look incredible, when really he just did his thing, stop the initial shot.

WeThreeKings is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2008, 09:55 PM
  #95
keepcalmandbeninja
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,094
vCash: 500
.

Quote:
he did do that nifty backhand pass at the blueline to spring kovy on a breakaway...which ended up lost in the mattress of the michelin man.
Ah yes I remember thinking ahhh awesome vision / creativity by Sergei when he sprung Kovy with that pass...I really thought Kovy was gonna bury that baby home...missed chance...most times he would have buried it...unlucky.

keepcalmandbeninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2008, 10:00 PM
  #96
Monctonscout
Monctonscout
 
Monctonscout's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 32,756
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quiet Robert View Post
Defensive zone coverage was absolutely brutal. Probably one of the worst defensive efforts since the lockout.

Guys were getting caught in the offensive zone, giving up odd man rushes and getting caught taking shifts that were far too long.

Physical play was lacking. The Ducks barely hit and didn't establish much of a forecheck, but once they got to cycling the puck we looked helpless out there. Just chasing shadows in our own zone with no support.

Higgins looked rusty, but it looks as though he's really going to be an impact player this year once he finds his legs.

We gave up 6 goals, but I don't think you can entirely blame this game on Price/Halak. Just some brutal coverage and very poor penalty killing.

PK has generally been pretty good this year, but for whatever reason we extremely disorganized today. Maybe the layoff was too long? The breakouts didn't look as crisp as they usually do.

Anyways, best to forget about this one and just try and refocus for Tuesday's game.
Sorry I missed most of the game...

So they gave up 6 goals on like 23 shots and the goalies did not **** the bed?

From the shots we had the upper hand but goaltending was brutal. I was surprised to see Price in nets when i got home for the 3rd, thought he had the flu. The Temmu goal he had no chance but tghe Moan goal he could have poke checked or stacked the pads instead of going down and getting beat by a wak backhand, he looked lethargic.

Monctonscout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2008, 10:02 PM
  #97
keepcalmandbeninja
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,094
vCash: 500
.

Quote:
Guys were getting caught in the offensive zone, giving up odd man rushes and getting caught taking shifts that were far too long.
I was saying this to my father during the 1st or second intermission.

keepcalmandbeninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2008, 10:06 PM
  #98
JGRB
#EllerThugLife
 
JGRB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 15,313
vCash: 500
It's 1 loss in the last 6 games, our first regular time loss of the season. I'm satisfied with the way we've played for the most part. Let's face it, the Ducks are an elite team (as are we) that came out with a REAL bad start to the reason and have been playing hungry.

Kovalev, for the record, wasn't that bad. Tanguay is amazing.

I see the 06-07 Bandwagon is back in full force, we'll see where all you guys are in 20 games when Kovalev, Plekanec & a pissed off Andrei start ripping it apart.

JGRB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2008, 10:09 PM
  #99
LyricalLyricist
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 23,496
vCash: 152
Anyone else think we should role with(when andrei's back)?

Lat-Koivu-tanguay
Kovy-Lang-Sergei
Andrei-Plek-higgins

The logic is the andrei-plek-higgins line was used before and didn't do bad. As for kovalev and lang reunited, I think self explanatory.

Also, random remarks is that brisebois should be out, and when GL plays, i'd rather complete the line with dandenault over begin. I never expected to choose dandenault over anyone, but he serves more of a role than begin when laraque is in.

LyricalLyricist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2008, 10:10 PM
  #100
JGRB
#EllerThugLife
 
JGRB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 15,313
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LyricalLyricist View Post
Anyone else think we should role with(when andrei's back)?

Lat-Koivu-tanguay
Kovy-Lang-Sergei
Andrei-Plek-higgins

The logic is the andrei-plek-higgins line was used before and didn't do bad. As for kovalev and lang reunited, I think self explanatory.

Also, random remarks is that brisebois should be out, and when GL plays, i'd rather complete the line with dandenault over begin. I never expected to choose dandenault over anyone, but he serves more of a role than begin when laraque is in.
I'd really like to see Andrei-Plekanec-Sergei, for speed reasons.

JGRB is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:42 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.