HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Not Sure about #71

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
10-25-2008, 09:40 PM
  #26
Rgolt
Registered User
 
Rgolt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: montreal, qc
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,380
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by habsfanwuc View Post
ha. i love your hate for brisbois, and dandy. havent heard much rippin on boullion lately?. but if we could replace brisbois with a better defenceman game in game out, id be pumped...but we have obryne and he hasnt impressed me since our first game this year.
thats bc theres no need to rip on bouillion....hes a good dman both offensively and defensivly

Rgolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2008, 09:41 PM
  #27
WeThreeKings
Registered User
 
WeThreeKings's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Halifax
Country: Canada
Posts: 32,299
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
Quote:
Originally Posted by habsfanwuc View Post
ha. i love your hate for brisbois, and dandy. havent heard much rippin on boullion lately?. but if we could replace brisbois with a better defenceman game in game out, id be pumped...but we have obryne and he hasnt impressed me since our first game this year.
Bouillon is doing his job as a servicable 6th D man, being physical and just keeping his game simple. If he starts wasting offensive pressure with a weak wrist shot, I'll rip on him again.

WeThreeKings is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2008, 09:43 PM
  #28
One Man Rock Band
Slater's Gonna Slate
 
One Man Rock Band's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Habville
Country: Canada
Posts: 43,708
vCash: 500
He wasn't very good tonight.. but hardly any of our defense was.

Markov was directly responsible for 2-3 goals (two that I'm sure of).

One Man Rock Band is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2008, 09:45 PM
  #29
sampollock
Registered User
 
sampollock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: in my home
Posts: 6,981
vCash: 500
time to let #71 sit, and think about life

sampollock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2008, 09:57 PM
  #30
LyricalLyricist
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 20,777
vCash: 50
Why is brisebois still playing? People said O'byrne had a bad game or whatever, brisebois hasn't had a good one. He's horrible. He's weak, misses checks, isn't even a real offensive threat. He's an offensive defenceman minus the offence, he's useless.

LyricalLyricist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2008, 09:57 PM
  #31
la25ecoupe
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,545
vCash: 500
Do you think carbo and gainey are aware of all the habs problem? liek brizerbois, dandeno being weak. and also markov and kovy not together on pp.. etc? or we and them live on different planets?

la25ecoupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2008, 10:07 PM
  #32
JGRB
#EllerThugLife
 
JGRB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 14,616
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by natey2k4 View Post
He wasn't very good tonight.. but hardly any of our defense was.

Markov was directly responsible for 2-3 goals (two that I'm sure of).
Markov has also contributed 10 points in 7 games, and has single handedly saved our ass several times already this season. Lidstrom doesn't have bad games?

Brisebois is winding down, and it shows in a huge way. O'Byrne is better at this point of his career and I think just about everyone can see that.

JGRB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2008, 10:29 PM
  #33
ToysInTheAttic
Registered User
 
ToysInTheAttic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Saint John, NB
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,854
vCash: 500
Tribute to #71

You're only as strong as your weakest link. One rotten apple spoils the whole bunch. If it looks like a duck and quacks like a duck it isn't Brisebois, cause he ain't no D man.

ToysInTheAttic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2008, 10:31 PM
  #34
Chomsky
Registered User
 
Chomsky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,982
vCash: 500
First Ribeiro, now Brisebois... are we doomed or what...

Who shall be the next great #71?

Chomsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2008, 10:38 PM
  #35
giovannicanella
Registered User
 
giovannicanella's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,074
vCash: 500
.

Quote:
You're only as strong as your weakest link.
I have found myself using this quote quite a lot in my life...

In and out of sports...

giovannicanella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2008, 10:42 PM
  #36
Basszor
Registered User
 
Basszor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Montreal
Posts: 973
vCash: 500
I'm not too sure but I think that since Carbo and him are close friends, the coach might play him alot becaus eof his 1000 games that he could reach.. Just speculations tho :O

Basszor is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2008, 10:43 PM
  #37
#44_delivers
Registered User
 
#44_delivers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,009
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sampollock View Post
Not sure what the habs see about this guy.

Everytime he gives the puck away at bad times, like tonite vs the ducks....


What does he bring to th game that o'bryne can't???


This guy causes the habs problems, in the playoffs last year, and again this year...


Not sure what you wild fans think, but I feel this guy is going to cost us a BIG win one nite, cause he so poor at clearing the puck.
easy we have poor depth after gorges... we need someone hopefully a solid second pairing dman or at least a very solid 5-6 dman... bresbois, o'byrne and cube can duke it out to hold on to a roster spot, i think this would promote a fire in cubes and o'byrne's ***** (not bresbois becuase he just plain sucks *****).

poor depth is the reason bresbois plays hockey still

#44_delivers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2008, 10:44 PM
  #38
Raider917
Registered User
 
Raider917's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Nova Scotia
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,560
vCash: 179
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angrychair View Post
But Brisebois got an assist, so Carbo will reward him with another game.
if carbonneau likes brisebois that much the he should be fired

Raider917 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2008, 10:55 PM
  #39
Haddock
Registered User
 
Haddock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Moulinsart
Posts: 2,133
vCash: 500
So when Brisebois plays one not-so-great game he's a detriment to the team? Was he alone not playing well tonight by any chance? Six goals allowed tells me that he wasn't. The Habs would greatly benefit from adding a real top-four d-man, but Breezer is a fine veteran to have around the team, just play him less.

Haddock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2008, 11:33 PM
  #40
Rgolt
Registered User
 
Rgolt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: montreal, qc
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,380
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haddock View Post
So when Brisebois plays one not-so-great game he's a detriment to the team? Was he alone not playing well tonight by any chance? Six goals allowed tells me that he wasn't. The Habs would greatly benefit from adding a real top-four d-man, but Breezer is a fine veteran to have around the team, just play him less.
alot less

Rgolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2008, 11:41 PM
  #41
Ryulink
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2008
Country: Canada
Posts: 116
vCash: 500
Breezer had more ice time than Bouillon and Komi.
Carbo

Ryulink is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2008, 11:53 PM
  #42
Habs10Habs
HFBoards Sponsor
 
Habs10Habs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Country: Canada
Posts: 52,248
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raider917 View Post
if carbonneau likes brisebois that much the he should be fired


Are you done now?

Until an alternative to Breezer comes along. You all better get used to him playing.

Habs10Habs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2008, 12:00 AM
  #43
Rgolt
Registered User
 
Rgolt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: montreal, qc
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,380
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs10Habs View Post


Are you done now?

Until an alternative to Breezer comes along. You all better get used to him playing.
his name is obyrne.....yes he may be young and may not be playing well but i think i can say with confidence that over 75% of the people here would prefer obyrne over the dreadful brisebois.....along wiht me

Rgolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2008, 12:02 AM
  #44
Go Habs Go
Registered User
 
Go Habs Go's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Mississauga
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,441
vCash: 500
I don't understand how anybody can defend Brisebois. If you hate O'Byrne that much, hell I'd rather play Dandy in the back. Dandy does nothing special but he doesn't have his token "2 fatal errors every game" like Breakwood.

Its not that he had a bad night, he has a bad night everynight. He just had a particularly horrendous one tonight. Even if O'Byrne was AS bad as Brisebois, at least the one positive is that he can still learn and improve. But no way in hell is he AS bad as Brisebois. Finger looks like Lidstrom compared to Brisebois.

Go Habs Go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2008, 12:04 AM
  #45
OneSharpMarble
Registered User
 
OneSharpMarble's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Calgary
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,200
vCash: 500
An alternate to breezer? How about giving a rookie a chance and use O'Byrne from now on? Or Dandenault. Breezer has been god awful and deflating, he needs to sit out for a good stretch of time so the team can get a look at some of its options.

OneSharpMarble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2008, 12:05 AM
  #46
Rgolt
Registered User
 
Rgolt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: montreal, qc
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,380
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by OneSharpMarble View Post
An alternate to breezer? How about giving a rookie a chance and use O'Byrne from now on? Or Dandenault. Breezer has been god awful and deflating, he needs to sit out for a good stretch of time so the team can get a look at some of its options.
um.....obyrnes not a rookie....hes 24

Rgolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2008, 12:07 AM
  #47
Habs10Habs
HFBoards Sponsor
 
Habs10Habs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Country: Canada
Posts: 52,248
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by rgolt View Post
his name is obyrne.....yes he may be young and may not be playing well but i think i can say with confidence that over 75% of the people here would prefer obyrne over the dreadful brisebois.....along wiht me
Trust me, I'm not a big Breezer fan. But if your alternative is O'byrne, the Habs are in big trouble.

He has done nothing to show me he can step in and play 15+ minutes a game.

We need to bring in another defenseman to play with Hamrlik, plain and simple.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneSharpMarble View Post
An alternate to breezer? How about giving a rookie a chance and use O'Byrne from now on? Or Dandenault. Breezer has been god awful and deflating, he needs to sit out for a good stretch of time so the team can get a look at some of its options.
Ok, that could be an option. Tell me what rookie you would feel comfortable stepping in and playing 15+ minutes per game?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Go Habs Go View Post
I don't understand how anybody can defend Brisebois. If you hate O'Byrne that much, hell I'd rather play Dandy in the back. Dandy does nothing special but he doesn't have his token "2 fatal errors every game" like Breakwood.

Its not that he had a bad night, he has a bad night everynight. He just had a particularly horrendous one tonight. Even if O'Byrne was AS bad as Brisebois, at least the one positive is that he can still learn and improve. But no way in hell is he AS bad as Brisebois. Finger looks like Lidstrom compared to Brisebois.
I would agree with you GHG if we weren't a contending team. But since we are a contending team, we can't afford to give O'byrne the on the job training he needs. Oh and you must have a really short memory if you are even considering Dandy be put back on the blue line.

Habs10Habs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2008, 12:08 AM
  #48
OneSharpMarble
Registered User
 
OneSharpMarble's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Calgary
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,200
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by rgolt View Post
um.....obyrnes not a rookie....hes 24
I said use a rookie AND O'byrne. As in waive Breezer and call up a rookie in his place.

OneSharpMarble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2008, 12:13 AM
  #49
Habs10Habs
HFBoards Sponsor
 
Habs10Habs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Country: Canada
Posts: 52,248
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by OneSharpMarble View Post
I said use a rookie AND O'byrne. As in waive Breezer and call up a rookie in his place.
Ok...which one would you call up?

Habs10Habs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2008, 12:17 AM
  #50
OneSharpMarble
Registered User
 
OneSharpMarble's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Calgary
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,200
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs10Habs View Post
Ok, that could be an option. Tell me what rookie you would feel comfortable stepping in and playing 15+ minutes per game?
.
Give Komi & Boullion more time and then the rest could go to O'Byrne and possibly Belle/Carle if they need to sub in. If we are forced to use Brisebois then someone in the organization messed up because he doesn't belong in the NHL anymore.

OneSharpMarble is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:23 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.