HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Not Sure about #71

Old
10-26-2008, 12:22 AM
Habs10Habs
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by OneSharpMarble View Post
Give Komi & Boullion more time and then the rest could go to O'Byrne and possibly Belle/Carle if they need to sub in. If we are forced to use Brisebois then someone in the organization messed up because he doesn't belong in the NHL anymore.
Definitely a possibility, but wouldn't you be worried about over using Komi and Cube?

Belle as sadly as this is for me to type, would not be an upgrade over Breezer. Carle I think has a bright future, but I don't think he's quite ready to make the jump.

I think we (The Habs) have to make a move fairly soon to obtain a defenseman to play with Hammer.

Habs10Habs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2008, 12:23 AM
Rgolt

Quote:
Give Komi & Boullion more time and then the rest could go to O'Byrne and possibly Belle/Carle if they need to sub in. If we are forced to use Brisebois then someone in the organization messed up because he doesn't belong in the NHL anymore.
please say your not talking about shawne belle
i agree with carle i like him but i think hes still injured....i wish yemelin wasnt in russia bc he wud be a big help right now

Rgolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2008, 12:29 AM
Habs10Habs
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by rgolt View Post
please say your not talking about shawne belle
i agree with carle i like him but i think hes still injured....i wish yemelin wasnt in russia bc he wud be a big help right now
Oh thanks rgolt, I wasn't sure if Carle was still injured or not.

Old
10-26-2008, 12:31 AM
Rgolt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs10Habs View Post
Oh thanks rgolt, I wasn't sure if Carle was still injured or not.
well im 100% so dnt quote me however im pretty sure hes still on ir

Old
10-26-2008, 12:32 AM
Habs10Habs
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
well im 100% so dnt quote me however im pretty sure hes still on ir
No problem, the last I had heard he was. But it's been about a week and I haven't bothered to keep up on his status.

Old
10-26-2008, 12:33 AM
Rgolt

Quote:
Definitely a possibility, but wouldn't you be worried about over using Komi and Cube?

Belle as sadly as this is for me to type, would not be an upgrade over Breezer. Carle I think has a bright future, but I don't think he's quite ready to make the jump.

I think we (The Habs) have to make a move fairly soon to obtain a defenseman to play with Hammer.
call me crazy but i was very impressed with alex henry in preseason and would like for him to get a chance....he may not do wel but right now i think i would prefer him over obyrne and defs breezer

Old
10-26-2008, 12:36 AM
Habs10Habs
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
call me crazy but i was very impressed with alex henry in preseason and would like for him to get a chance....he may not do wel but right now i think i would prefer him over obyrne and defs breezer
As a physical addition he would be interesting. But I don't think I would feel totally comfortable with him playing more than about 5 minutes a game. I would much rather have O'byrne play instead.

So no I don't think your crazy....ok maybe a little bit.

Old
10-26-2008, 12:36 AM
OneSharpMarble

Quote:

Komi got like 16 minutes tonight, I don't think another 4 minutes is going to crush him. He is a top pairing D-man. Basically split up Breezers PP time between them and don't get Komi to pinch when he is out there. We also have dandenault who was decent on the blueline no? The thing is we have options that don't include Breezer.

I am just curious when this little experiment will be over.

S.Kost - Plekanec - Kovalev
Higgins - Koivu - Tanguay
Lats - Lang - Kosto
Dandy - Lapierre - Laraque/Begin

Markov - Komi
Hamrlik - Gorges
Boullion - O'Byrne
Carle/Dandy

IR - A. Kost

Halak/Price

When A. Kost is back Dandy can go on the defense full time, give him some PP time so he can use his offensive skills.

OneSharpMarble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2008, 12:39 AM
Rgolt

Quote:
As a physical addition he would be interesting. But I don't think I would feel totally comfortable with him playing more than about 5 minutes a game. I would much rather have O'byrne play instead.

So no I don't think your crazy....ok maybe a little bit.
5-10 minutes u mean

Old
10-26-2008, 12:45 AM
Kriss E

Quote:
Originally Posted by natey2k4 View Post
He wasn't very good tonight.. but hardly any of our defense was.

Markov was directly responsible for 2-3 goals (two that I'm sure of).
Not too sure about that, but even if he was responsible for 5Goals, he's our best D and arguably one of the best Ds in the league. So Markov can make a few mistakes/bad games here and there, it don't matter.
Breezer doesn't have that luxury.

I know you like Breezer, for some reason..and always like to defend him as much as you can, but at least have the decency to admit when the guy played horrible. Don't have to try and blame our best D as well.
A lot of players didn't play very well. Halak was pure crap. S.Kost was a huge non-factor, Breezer was horrible.

When you take a youngster with less than 40Games out of the line-up and decide to keep a veteran in there, you expect him to do the job. Breezer had his worst game this season and proved to us that he can't play 82Games.

If O'Byrne has a bad start, wtv I can live with it. Komi didn't become solid after 39NHL Games of experience either.
You should still keep him in there and let him learn, scratch him every now and put Breezer back in.

The main advantage in keeping Breezer in our lineup was for his PP prowess, but he hasn't done much there.

Kriss E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2008, 12:48 AM
Habs10Habs
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Komi got like 16 minutes tonight, I don't think another 4 minutes is going to crush him. He is a top pairing D-man. Basically split up Breezers PP time between them and don't get Komi to pinch when he is out there. We also have dandenault who was decent on the blueline no? The thing is we have options that don't include Breezer.

I am just curious when this little experiment will be over.

S.Kost - Plekanec - Kovalev
Higgins - Koivu - Tanguay
Lats - Lang - Kosto
Dandy - Lapierre - Laraque/Begin

Markov - Komi
Hamrlik - Gorges
Boullion - O'Byrne
Carle/Dandy

IR - A. Kost

Halak/Price

When A. Kost is back Dandy can go on the defense full time, give him some PP time so he can use his offensive skills.
True, but those 16 minutes are at even strength and on the PK. Adding another 4 minutes to Komisarek's total won't crush him. But it might wear him down by the end of the season, since he's a very physical type defenseman. I would rather add a defenseman that can play 15 minutes, instead of adding time to our other top 5.

As for Dandy being back on defense full time. I don't even want to think about that, it hurts my head too much.

Quote:
5-10 minutes u mean
lol...ok 5-10.

Old
10-26-2008, 12:51 AM
Rgolt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriss E View Post
Not too sure about that, but even if he was responsible for 5Goals, he's our best D and arguably one of the best Ds in the league. So Markov can make a few mistakes/bad games here and there, it don't matter.

I know you like Breezer, for some reason..and always like to defend him as much as you can, but at least have the decency to admit when the guy played horrible. Don't have to try and blame our best D as well.
A lot of players didn't play very well. Halak was pure crap. S.Kost was a huge non-factor, Breezer was horrible.

When you take a youngster with less than 40Games out of the line-up and decide to keep a veteran in there, you expect him to do the job. Breezer had his worst game this season and proved to us that he can't play 82Games.

If O'Byrne has a bad start, wtv I can live with it. Komi didn't become solid after 39NHL Games of experience either.
You should still keep him in there and let him learn, scratch him every now and put Breezer back in.
well we all know brisebois not meant to play 82...thats not wat he was signed for.....wen he was signed carbo and gainey knew he wudnt play over 50 games...he was just there to fill in for an injury or if some1 had a bad game stuff like that...but playing the 1st 7 games was not was he was meant to do!!!!!

Old
10-26-2008, 01:06 AM
Kriss E

Quote:
well we all know brisebois not meant to play 82...thats not wat he was signed for.....wen he was signed carbo and gainey knew he wudnt play over 50 games...he was just there to fill in for an injury or if some1 had a bad game stuff like that...but playing the 1st 7 games was not was he was meant to do!!!!!
That was my point in case you didn't get that.

Kriss E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2008, 01:13 AM
OneSharpMarble

Quote:
True, but those 16 minutes are at even strength and on the PK. Adding another 4 minutes to Komisarek's total won't crush him. But it might wear him down by the end of the season, since he's a very physical type defenseman. I would rather add a defenseman that can play 15 minutes, instead of adding time to our other top 5.

As for Dandy being back on defense full time. I don't even want to think about that, it hurts my head too much.
No 4 of his minutes were on the PP, he had zero time on the PK. So I don't think it would be too obsurd to give 2 minutes on the PP to Cube and Komi and give O'byrne 12 minutes a game.

Old
10-26-2008, 01:17 AM
Habs10Habs
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
No 4 of his minutes were on the PP, he had zero time on the PK. So I don't think it would be too obsurd to give 2 minutes on the PP to Cube and Komi and give O'byrne 12 minutes a game.
Oh I see what you're saying now. But the only thing I don't agree with is, splitting the 4 minutes of PP time between Komisarek and Cube. True they are both better defenseman than Breezer. But he is a better option on the PP, IMO.

Old
10-26-2008, 01:19 AM
Vicious

Send a message via MSN to Vicious
M. Komisarek 16:26
P. Brisebois 16:31
F. Bouillon 14:39

That makes 0 sense to me... how did Komisarek play 16 minutes?

Vicious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2008, 01:21 AM
OneSharpMarble

Quote:
Oh I see what you're saying now. But the only thing I don't agree with is, splitting the 4 minutes of PP time between Komisarek and Cube. True they are both better defenseman than Breezer. But he is a better option on the PP, IMO.
I dunno I just think there is better options out there than Breezer. I guess we could trade for a second pairing D-man depending on the options available. It seems the habs dont have many up and coming d-men until McDonagh or Fischer.

Last edited by Habs10Habs: 10-26-2008 at 01:26 AM.
Old
10-26-2008, 01:24 AM
compile

vCash: 611
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoHabsGo247 View Post
Markov has also contributed 10 points in 7 games, and has single handedly saved our ass several times already this season. Lidstrom doesn't have bad games?

Brisebois is winding down, and it shows in a huge way. O'Byrne is better at this point of his career and I think just about everyone can see that.
When was Brisebois ever a decent player in his career? Maybe it was in the 2000-2001 season when he 36 pts in 77 games and was a -31.

Time to put him to rest and call up O'Byrne/Valentenko/Subban.

Give the young guys a chance, worked last year.

compile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2008, 01:30 AM
marvelousmotion

Was at the game and all I have to say is that yes, Brisebois was brutal tonight. Actually, our whole defense was pathetic.. All the Ducks had to do to protect their lead was to circulate the puck down low and protect it with their big bodies and there was nothing we could do about it. It exposed our softness, it was disgusting to watch. They also had complete authority in front of our goalies, no one moved them out of the way. Result? Easy goals on rebounds.

Against that kind of team, a big body like O'Byrne could have been useful. Notice I'm using the word "could'" here, because unfortunately, the kid still does not know how to use his body. His development has been a huge disappointment so far this season, his play deteriorated compared to last year.. I hope he plays better and improves as the season advances, because if he does not, we'll have to find another defenceman to complete our top 4.

Back to Brisebois, if we want to bring our team to the next level and be serious cup contenders, we can't afford to have him in the line-up, period. I don't care whether he's playing all 82 games or not, a good team should not have a player of his caliber in its line-up.

marvelousmotion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2008, 01:36 AM
Nobak

Was O'Byrne really awful on Monday or against Boston or something? Cause I missed those games but I thought he's been pretty good this year, except maybe his first game, against Buffalo.

Nobak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2008, 01:51 AM
Habs10Habs
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nobak View Post
Was O'Byrne really awful on Monday or against Boston or something? Cause I missed those games but I thought he's been pretty good this year, except maybe his first game, against Buffalo.
It's not that I think he's bad. I do like O'Byrne and think he has a ton of potential. If we weren't considered a contending team. As far as I'm concerned he could play 20+ minutes a game.

But since we are a contending team, I think it's in the teams best interest to go and get a more capable defensemen to play with Hamrlik.

I don't feel comfortable with either Breezer or O'Byrne playing 15+ minutes right now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForzaHabs View Post
When was Brisebois ever a decent player in his career? Maybe it was in the 2000-2001 season when he 36 pts in 77 games and was a -31.

Time to put him to rest and call up O'Byrne/Valentenko/Subban.

Give the young guys a chance, worked last year.
Scratch Subban off your list FH. He's playing in juniors right now, so we can't call him up until his team's season is over.

Old
10-26-2008, 02:53 AM
Artyukhin*

Im very happy with Brisebois play tonight.

signed;Anaheim Ducks Fans

Last edited by Artyukhin*: 10-26-2008 at 02:58 AM.
Artyukhin* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2008, 02:55 AM
Hawkguy
Hockey's Back!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicious View Post
M. Komisarek 16:26
P. Brisebois 16:31
F. Bouillon 14:39

That makes 0 sense to me... how did Komisarek play 16 minutes?
Is this a joke?
Seriously?

Either watch the game or just look at the boxscore again.

Komisarek and Bouillon played so little because we were very rarely short-handed tonight. Both players had more ES time than Brisebois.

Brisebois had more ice-time because he logged PP time.

Quote:
I think, he was responsible for the 4th and 6th goals, if I remember correctly. The 4th one was entirely his fault because he bent down to stop the puck with his hand, it bounced off and created a breakaway for Moen. On the, I believe, 6th goal, he was standing in no-mans land and left his man wide open.

I agree that he's an amazing defenseman, though I think our best all-around defenseman is Hamrlik.. and that's not a hit on Markov. I just think with the game on the line, Hamrlik would be the first defenseman I turn too.

Quote:
I have admitted many times that he didn't have a good game tonight. Read the game-day thread. However, why is it fair to blame our #7 defenseman who has done a decent enough job (+1 on the season) and not our #1 defenseman who was terrible tonight as well? It seems kind of pointless to me to rag on the #7, who is doing an adequate job, if we are just going to give the rest of our defenseman a free pass.

Quote:
Breezer was pretty bad most of the night, but he still managed to pick up an assist.. and was a contributor on the game-tying goal (our 2nd goal) as he kept the puck in the zone.

He was only directly responsible for one-goal against (the first one when he screen Halak).

Halak played fine. If you notice, Price played the same way. Our entire defense was pretty terrible tonight. Halak let in four goals. One was a guy wide-open in the slot, one was a screen, and one was a 2 on 1. He had no support.. and neither did Price.

Quote:
Breezer had his worst game this season and proved to us that he can't play 82Games.
Breezer isn't supposed to play 82 games. He's our #7 and he knows that. He was supposed to be scratched already this season.. but injuries prevented that.

Overall on the season, his worst game was in Buffalo.. and then probably tonight. But I still think he's been adequate for a #7 filler.. he needs to play less and that'll happen once our club is healthy.

Hawkguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2008, 03:01 AM
m00ks

Brisebois as a 7th defenseman is fine. He's getting an unfair shake. He has a good outlet pass and a good point shot with championship experience to boot. He's not suppose to be the 4th d-man so cut him slack. Obyrne's recent play though gives Carbs little choice and suddenly, you're sporting a huge gaping hole in your defense. Look for Gainey to address this before the trade deadline.

m00ks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2008, 06:15 AM
Maliki2

Quote:
Originally Posted by m00ks View Post
Brisebois as a 7th defenseman is fine. He's getting an unfair shake. He has a good outlet pass and a good point shot with championship experience to boot. He's not suppose to be the 4th d-man so cut him slack. Obyrne's recent play though gives Carbs little choice and suddenly, you're sporting a huge gaping hole in your defense. Look for Gainey to address this before the trade deadline.
You call those limp wristed shots from the point..."good point shots?"

Maliki2 is offline   Reply With Quote