HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2008-09 - Kings Juniors (CHL) and College Prospects Update Thread

Old
10-19-2008, 01:31 AM
Captain Ron

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaper45 View Post
Anything is possible.
It would probably be a very interesting story if he became a fan while living in Alaska. But I cannot imagine there are too many scenarios where that would happen. Unless it was because of Gretzky. Many people outside of LA became Kings fans around the time Gretzky was traded to the Kings.

Captain Ron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2008, 04:22 PM
KopitarFAN
Reno Sucks!

Loktionov having another strong performance 1 goal 1 assist

KopitarFAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2008, 01:05 AM
Malakian#13

Send a message via Yahoo to Malakian#13
I watched part of the Thunderbirds game today .. Thomas Hickey looked good from what I saw ... Seattle lost 5-2. Hickey absolutely destroyed a blazer who was trying to rush the puck through the neutral zone with about a minute remaining in the game. It was a huge hit Dustin Brown would have been proud to call his own. He also is not afraid to block shots at all.

Malakian#13 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2008, 03:10 AM
Capn Brown

Info on Roe........

This link took, like, 30 minutes to uncover. Thus, I post hither the Garrett Roe resource:

http://www.stcloudstate.edu/athletic...ISTCARR.HTM#21

games:........ 6

goals: ......... 2
assists: ........9

Almost 2 points per game!

Capn Brown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2008, 12:32 PM
deano

Loktionov also set up Taylor Halls PP goal in a 1-0 win over Plymouth last night. That's 11 points in 11 games. Pretty awesome start for a guy making the transition to North America.

deano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2008, 12:42 PM
Reaper45

Send a message via AIM to Reaper45
Quote:
Originally Posted by deano View Post
Loktionov also set up Taylor Halls PP goal in a 1-0 win over Plymouth last night. That's 11 points in 11 games. Pretty awesome start for a guy making the transition to North America.
Pushkarev came in and tore up the Dub in similar fashion. I like Loktionov and he seems to have his head on straight but lets not annoint him yet.

Reaper45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2008, 01:24 PM
deano

Quote:
Pushkarev came in and tore up the Dub in similar fashion. I like Loktionov and he seems to have his head on straight but lets not annoint him yet.

I keep hearing these Pushkarev comparisons, but that is a completely bogus comparison. I followed a ton of Hitmen games when Pushkarev was on that team. Getzlaf, Ladd and Pogge were also on that team. Pushy was always a one man show, and no he didn't rip up the W. He was exciting in his rushes and dangles up the ice, but never did he resemble a complete player. He was a home run or strike out hitter if you will. Always. Loktionov has a bunch of those skills, but he plays the game with his team mates. Take the time to watch him before making the comparison to Pushkarev, they are totally different players. For starters, passing is Loktionov's strong point, something that was totally foreign to Pushkarev

Last edited by deano: 10-26-2008 at 01:34 PM.
deano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2008, 02:15 PM
Kopi The King
It's baaaaaack!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by deano View Post
I keep hearing these Pushkarev comparisons, but that is a completely bogus comparison. I followed a ton of Hitmen games when Pushkarev was on that team. Getzlaf, Ladd and Pogge were also on that team. Pushy was always a one man show, and no he didn't rip up the W. He was exciting in his rushes and dangles up the ice, but never did he resemble a complete player. He was a home run or strike out hitter if you will. Always. Loktionov has a bunch of those skills, but he plays the game with his team mates. Take the time to watch him before making the comparison to Pushkarev, they are totally different players. For starters, passing is Loktionov's strong point, something that was totally foreign to Pushkarev
I agree 100%

Kopi The King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-28-2008, 03:19 PM
T2M

Do we have anybody who has watched Teubert play? The numbers look great, but I want to know how he's doing on the ice.

T2M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2008, 09:25 PM
no name

I'm certainly not impressed with Hickeys stats. For someone who was supposed to be drafted for his offense shouldn't he be making a DENT by now? He is a shrimp who hasn't grown at all, is average defender and isn't even getting secondary assists. Put this together and we get a non drafted player. Why was he taken 4th?

no name is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2008, 11:57 PM
Ollie Weeks

Quote:
Originally Posted by no name View Post
I'm certainly not impressed with Hickeys stats. For someone who was supposed to be drafted for his offense shouldn't he be making a DENT by now? He is a shrimp who hasn't grown at all, is average defender and isn't even getting secondary assists. Put this together and we get a non drafted player. Why was he taken 4th?
I may be wrong but Seattle looks to be a pretty awful team this year. Considering their team plus-minus is -23, Hickey`s positive rating doesn`t appear all that bad.

Ollie Weeks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-30-2008, 12:41 AM
LAX attack*

Send a message via AIM to LAX attack*
Quote:
have you watched him play... at all?

LAX attack* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-30-2008, 12:52 AM
hans

Send a message via AIM to hans
Quote:
Is "LET JACK PLAY" a serious user title? If so, wouldn't that implicitly argue that a talented offensive player's unimpressive stats may be mitigated by his terrible team or his requirement to focus on the non-scoring aspects of his game?

hans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-30-2008, 03:05 PM
Eighty-sixed

Quote:
Dude, how did you become a Kings fan in Alaska?
Yeah, I'm from LA. I'm young enough to have been a part of the first real hockey development camps in California, hence my love of the game. Anyway, back to Jones.

It's pretty much consensus that Jones is the second best goalie in the WHL behind Spokane's Dustin Tokarski. TSN's power rankings for all WHL players have him between Casey Pierro-Zabotel, a thrid round pick, and Colin Long, a fourth rounder from Santa Ana no less.

Jones is quick side to side and pretty technically sound. I'd be interested to see how he handled faster puck movement, but for now I can say his positioning is solid. I haven't seen anything flashy out of him, but he's pretty speedy going post to post. One thing he does is follow the play very closely. If you've ever watched Ryan Miller, you'll see how he follows the puck around and stay in position even when it's just his own defenders skating and passing around. Jones does the same thing. He shifts around so that he always has a beat on the puck.

On the down side, I've never seen a scrawnier goaltender. The kid is 6'1-6'2 and five to ten pounds shy of 170. Opposing players have a lot of empty net to shoot at, which he compensates for by playing at the top of his crease as much as possible. That means sometimes players can get behind him, but maybe he'll make an adjustment once he packs on some pounds.

I'd say he's an interesting prospect. It's pretty amazing nobody burned a late round pick on him. Right now he benefits from a very solid Calgary team and he's playing with a lot of confidence.

Eighty-sixed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-30-2008, 05:00 PM
aegwillnotwinthecup*

Quote:
Originally Posted by LAX attack View Post
All evidence points to no.

aegwillnotwinthecup* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-30-2008, 06:51 PM
no name

Quote:
Originally Posted by LAX attack View Post
Yes I have but that has nothing to do with his stats. I specifically said he isn't making the statsheet. DL specifically said when he was drafted that as he gets bigger he will be a standout. Two years later and he hasn't grown an inch and isn't even getting secondary assists. No, he isn't asked to play defense first either as JJ was.

Old
10-31-2008, 04:24 PM
Capn Brown

Brady Murray.......

So, in 5 "Sp", Brady has 3 "T" and 1 "A" for a total of 4 "P".....

http://www.hockeyfans.ch/cgi-bin/spi...D=brady_murray

Capn Brown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2008, 07:32 PM
BurningBright

Lotkinov with 2 assists tonight

BurningBright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2008, 01:10 AM
Roxo

Send a message via AIM to Roxo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Ron View Post
I am betting he moved to Alaska after becoming a Kings fan.
Happned to me... thou there's no hockey prospects to scout on in hawaii... (

Roxo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2008, 06:29 PM
KopitarFAN
Reno Sucks!

Jones stops 23/24 shots in win, 5-0-0 this month with a .922 SV%

KopitarFAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2008, 08:17 PM
Scottkmlps

Quote:
Yes I have but that has nothing to do with his stats. I specifically said he isn't making the statsheet. DL specifically said when he was drafted that as he gets bigger he will be a standout. Two years later and he hasn't grown an inch and isn't even getting secondary assists. No, he isn't asked to play defense first either as JJ was.
Actually, he was asked to work on the defensive side of his game, at least last year he was. I'm betting he was asked to do the same this year.
And please tell me, how many games have you seen Hickey play?

Scottkmlps is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2008, 08:23 PM
Chazz Reinhold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottkmlps View Post
Actually, he was asked to work on the defensive side of his game, at least last year he was. I'm betting he was asked to do the same this year.
The fact that he's +7 on THAT team playing the minutes he does speaks volumes...

Chazz Reinhold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2008, 08:55 PM
no name

Quote:
4 or 5 games.

Old
11-11-2008, 09:14 PM
Scottkmlps

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chazz Reinhold View Post
The fact that he's +7 on THAT team playing the minutes he does speaks volumes...
Yup, they are an awful team. But hey, his offensive stats suck, and he hasn't grown an inch. BUST!!!!

Scottkmlps is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2008, 11:24 PM
no name

Quote:
Yup, they are an awful team. But hey, his offensive stats suck, and he hasn't grown an inch. BUST!!!!
I don't believe he should have been drafted where he was. It was all based on projectability and he simply hasn't grown like he was supposed to.