HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

(G#11) 10/25 Pittsburgh Penguins @ New York Rangers 7:00 PM MSG

Old
10-26-2008, 03:15 PM
Levitate

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyr2k2 View Post
We must have been watching different games. I fell asleep and missed the third, yet at that time I felt like we played well enough to be tied. Granted it wasn't our best game through two periods, but I would disagree with the notion that we didn't show up until the third.
A lot of people don't recognize that most, if not all, teams don't play a dominating game for 60 minutes every night. And it's not always about effort level either. Sometimes the other team just gets momentum and you end up on your heels. The good teams are the ones that weather that storm and tilt the momentum back in their favor. There's a myth that to be a good team, you have to be dominating the entire game, and that's just not true and it never ever happens.

You can go around to just about every board and see the same complaints from all the fans. Just enforces my point

Levitate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2008, 03:36 PM
BDA

how about give some credit to the other team being pretty good. yeah the first two periods were not the greatest effort by our Rangers, but another back end of a back to back against the defending EC Champs, team turned it on majorly in the third ///good win for the rangers

BDA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2008, 03:44 PM
The Thomas J.*

Quote:
Originally Posted by BDA View Post
how about give some credit to the other team being pretty good. yeah the first two periods were not the greatest effort by our Rangers, but another back end of a back to back against the defending EC Champs, team turned it on majorly in the third ///good win for the rangers
I agree Pittsbugh played a good game, they are a good team. I dunno maybe video games have spolied us with there fast pace action, because the game that used to be dubed the fastest thing on Earth has seemed to really slow down for me.

The Thomas J.* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2008, 03:45 PM
BDA

the detroit game was filled with flying excitement imo

Old
10-26-2008, 03:53 PM
Shake and Bake

We have a really good chance to jump out ahead in the East...these next 5 games are weak opponents, they need to take care of business

Shake and Bake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2008, 04:05 PM
BDA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shake and Bake View Post
We have a really good chance to jump out ahead in the East...these next 5 games are weak opponents, they need to take care of business
this is where I think we will see if this team really is a contender, in the past our beloved rangers have played down to their opponents, will this year be different? so far eh...did not play that great against a pitiful Toronto team

Old
10-26-2008, 04:13 PM
broadwayblue

Yup, nothing less than 2 points vs. the Isles. Get on the board early so we don't have to play come from behind yet again.

broadwayblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2008, 04:15 PM
BDA

dam softball game going to keep me away from watching it live....hope MSG doesnt screw me over by telling the score at 10:55, 5minutes early i tuned in to see the final score....grrr

Old
10-26-2008, 04:23 PM
Burlington Bomb 26
Louie Louie Oh oh

Quote:
Originally Posted by BDA View Post
this is where I think we will see if this team really is a contender, in the past our beloved rangers have played down to their opponents, will this year be different? so far eh...did not play that great against a pitiful Toronto team
That pitiful Toronto team is tied with Boston in there division, and beat the Detroit Red Wings. They play with heart, because of the youngsters on there team. No way will it last. But they're not pitiful.

Burlington Bomb 26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2008, 04:29 PM
Loffen
Wen Kroy

For those who *****ed about the music in the other one "new version - no music";

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Abo8hnXz8I4&fmt=6

Loffen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2008, 04:41 PM
Burlington Bomb 26
Louie Louie Oh oh

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoFFeN View Post
For those who *****ed about the music in the other one "new version - no music";

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Abo8hnXz8I4&fmt=6
Both vid's are awesome LoFFeN!

Burlington Bomb 26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2008, 04:45 PM
rangers13

i was there one of the best games i been to in a while it felt like the playoffs were in town. nicky gonna be good cant wait to watch him the rest if the year and hopefully the future. it was funny my boy was puttin his jacket on with 20 seconds left z. scored the jacket went flyin the place was insace.
but please drury wake the **** up

rangers13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2008, 05:17 PM
Ola

Quote:
Originally Posted by GongShowHockeyNYR View Post
That pitiful Toronto team is tied with Boston in there division, and beat the Detroit Red Wings. They play with heart, because of the youngsters on there team. No way will it last. But they're not pitiful.
I think this version of the TML plays better hockey 95% of the time compared to their team last season. They would be a very solid PO team if they had that final edge and experience.

I think they are like the Islanders last season, but have a much much better blueline and a tad worse goalie...

Ola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2008, 05:27 PM
FromTheSide

Send a message via AIM to FromTheSide Send a message via MSN to FromTheSide
i didnt ***** about it ,it was just a request

But none of the less thanks!

FromTheSide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2008, 09:47 PM
goatt

I was there last night, section 328 cornered by 2 pens fans who were loud (one had security called on him, and we had an 'a******' chant going for him for a while). They shut up though once Z scored. Best game I've been to ever!

goatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2008, 10:21 PM
FLYLine24*

Quote:
Originally Posted by goatt View Post
I was there last night, section 328 cornered by 2 pens fans who were loud (one had security called on him, and we had an 'a******' chant going for him for a while). They shut up though once Z scored. Best game I've been to ever!
LoL, i was in 329...are you talking about that idiot that was in like his own section (like between the 300's and 400's) that kept yelling "LETS GO PENS"... everyone was abusing that guy!

FLYLine24* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2008, 09:28 PM
goatt

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYLine88 View Post
LoL, i was in 329...are you talking about that idiot that was in like his own section (like between the 300's and 400's) that kept yelling "LETS GO PENS"... everyone was abusing that guy!
YES!! That was the guy!! That section is for wheelchairs (my wife broke her leg) and if no one needs them around game time then they sell them first come first serve I assume. He came with a friend who was actually a Rangers fan, though much less vocal. Three security guards were standing behind him for most of the second period.
My wife broke her leg in between when we bought the tickets and the game. MSG actually let us exchange our tickets from section 322 to the wheelchair and refunded the the ticketmaster convenience charge to us which was really cool. I was a bit bummed though that they didn't let us in even a bit earlier than the general public. MSG was very accommodating though!

goatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-28-2008, 11:47 AM
Bluenote13
Believe In Henke

Quote:
Originally Posted by goatt View Post
YES!! That was the guy!! That section is for wheelchairs (my wife broke her leg) and if no one needs them around game time then they sell them first come first serve I assume. He came with a friend who was actually a Rangers fan, though much less vocal. Three security guards were standing behind him for most of the second period.
My wife broke her leg in between when we bought the tickets and the game. MSG actually let us exchange our tickets from section 322 to the wheelchair and refunded the the ticketmaster convenience charge to us which was really cool. I was a bit bummed though that they didn't let us in even a bit earlier than the general public. MSG was very accommodating though!
Yeah, I broke my ankle last year 5 days before the San Jose game which I had tix to. MSG and the fans in general were very nice to me on my crutches

Bluenote13 is offline   Reply With Quote