HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Nedved Version 3?

Closed Thread

Old
07-03-2004, 03:01 PM
Balej20*

vCash: 500
Nedved Version 3?

From the Fourth Period.com in regards to teams interested in Petr Nedved

"Barry would not confirm the interested teams, with the New York Rangers, Toronto Maple Leafs and Philadelphia Flyers all rumored to have inquired. There's also been speculation the Los Angeles Kings are interested, but Barry neither confirmed nor denied that. "

I don't know about everyone else, but I, for one, Would like to move on from this Nedved era. He no longer fits on our team which is now full of energy. Nedved can go take his lackadaisical approach to the game somewhere else. I do not need him setting a bad example for the kids.

I undertand we are in need of a top line center, but please, not him....again.

It was nice knowing you Nedved, but it's time to move on.

Old
07-03-2004, 03:37 PM
klingsor
HFBoards Sponsor

I don't see Petr on a the Rangers, either.

I'm sure his wife would be happy if he signed with the Kings.

I think Edmonton's the right place for him, though.

Old
07-03-2004, 03:50 PM
Ocelot

Yeah I agree, its time for everyone to move on. He should sign with Edmonton if they have the $ for him.

Old
07-03-2004, 03:53 PM
dropthegloves

vCash:
Nedved is one of the dumbest hockey players I've ever seen. It takes day for him to get his shot of then he misses the net 90% of the time. I'll hurl if he comes back onto this team.

Old
07-03-2004, 04:02 PM
Janerixon

I agree nedved is not really needed here, but this is sather we are talking about who doesnt really need to make sense, and the fact that he inquired about nedved really scares me. in his mind he probably thinks we can sign nedved, maybe rolston or conroy as well, then add a d-man and goalie and thats not hurting rebuilding

that would be a mistake imo

Old
07-03-2004, 07:37 PM
OldBlueSeats

if all those teams want him his price will be driven up and we will be in the same boat with him as always... let him frustrate some other fans for a few years, the same go's for Malakhov, I heard a few teams are inturested... Have they watched this guy sleep through the past few seasons in NY or what?

Old
07-04-2004, 12:37 AM
Chief

I can't see Nedved being brought back.

Turn the page Sather.

Old
07-04-2004, 03:08 AM
Balej20*

Thank god everyone is on the same page with this one. I was afraid some people would actually like the idea of going back in time and signing this bum.

Old
07-04-2004, 06:34 AM
BLACKBURN

I wouldnt mind him back at the right price. We have Holik at center and Messier, oh wait he retired. We still have Lindros though, oh wait he aint coming back either.

With Holik as our only LEGIT center i think it wouldnt be a bad idea, he can still be effective when he wants to be.

Old
07-04-2004, 11:49 AM
Theoren Fan

Send a message via AIM to Theoren Fan
Never had anything against the guy, but not interested in his return either.

As it stands right now we have Holik, Lundmark and Betts as centers. We could sign somebody like Zhamnov to play first line with Jagr, have Lundmark as the #2 center, Holik #3, and Betts #4. Not that Rolston would be a bad choice either, but I don't see him coming here. We don't need to look for "pieces to the puzzle" that would try to make a win now club. We just need somebody that can come in, fill a spot, and play some decent hockey.

Old
07-04-2004, 11:51 AM
Balej20*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theo Fan
Never had anything against the guy, but not interested in his return either.

As it stands right now we have Holik, Lundmark and Betts as centers. We could sign somebody like Zhamnov to play first line with Jagr, have Lundmark as the #2 center, Holik #3, and Betts #4. Not that Rolston would be a bad choice either, but I don't see him coming here. We don't need to look for "pieces to the puzzle" that would try to make a win now club. We just need somebody that can come in, fill a spot, and play some decent hockey.
Zhamnov, now thats an interesting idea. He's an UFA?

Old
07-04-2004, 12:10 PM
Theoren Fan

Send a message via AIM to Theoren Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Balej20
Zhamnov, now thats an interesting idea. He's an UFA?
Sure thing, and from the looks of it he's not interested in returning to the Flyers....either that or the Flyer's aren't interested in bringing him back. One way or the other. Everybody would probably throw a fit here if he was signed instead of Rolston, but everybody's also gotta look at the bigger picture, which is we need somebody to center Jagr and Zhamnov would make alot of sense. Rolston would be nice indeed, but he seems like more of somebody you'd sign if you're trying to put together a team that needs to win now. The Ranger's just need to get by. Becides, we have guys within the orginazation that can do the job Rolston would do. Maybe not as well, but again, it's not like we're gonna be making a run anytime soon.

That and Zham also wouldn't cost alot either.

Old
07-04-2004, 12:12 PM
Balej20*

Quote:
Sure thing, and from the looks of it he's not interested in returning to the Flyers....either that or the Flyer's aren't interested in bringing him back. One way or the other. Everybody would probably throw a fit here if he was signed instead of Rolston, but everybody's also gotta look at the bigger picture, which is we need somebody to center Jagr and Zhamnov would make alot of sense. Rolston would be nice indeed, but he seems like more of somebody you'd sign if you're trying to put together a team that needs to win now. The Ranger's just need to get by. Becides, we have guys within the orginazation that can do the job Rolston would do. Maybe not as well, but again, it's not like we're gonna be making a run anytime soon.

That and Zham also wouldn't cost alot either.
I'm liking this idea. I mean, Rolston or Conroy wouldn't be bad signings because they seem to set good examples. Thats why i would go with them. But as you said, this is just to get by. Zhamnov is extremly skilled and probably could do well with jagr, but who wouldnt. Jagr turned Holik into a offensive presence.

Old
07-04-2004, 12:32 PM
BLACKBURN

The thing that roubles me with UFA's now is that we are not a competitive hockey club. In my mind the only thing that will attract them unless they have played here before or are Rag fans is the $. Would it be good to bring in a $ hungry Zamnhov who knows we wont win and dosent really care? To me we need team guys, not old ufa's who are ONLY atrracted because of the ca$h. I doubt Conroy, Rolston, anyone in their right mind who is a descent player would come to New York, in the past we were a "contender" :lol and so atleast the incentive was their of us being a competitive team. Even Jagr who is still on our roster has shown dis-interest in our re-building effort.

Old
07-04-2004, 12:33 PM
Balej20*

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLACKBURN
The thing that roubles me with UFA's now is that we are not a competitive hockey club. In my mind the only thing that will attract them unless they have played here before or are Rag fans is the $. Would it be good to bring in a $ hungry Zamnhov who knows we wont win and dosent really care? To me we need team guys, not old ufa's who are ONLY atrracted because of the ca$h. I doubt Conroy, Rolston, anyone in their right mind who is a descent player would come to New York, in the past we were a "contender" :lol and so atleast the incentive was their of us being a competitive team. Even Jagr who is still on our roster has shown dis-interest in our re-building effort.
I'd like to trade Jagr, get a nice first rounder for him, or some good prospects. As for Conroy, he has shown interest in joining our team. And Zhamnov never liked the spot light anyway, so he can kind of hide under our rebuilding blanket right now.

Old
07-04-2004, 09:59 PM
free0717

Maybe we sign and trade Petr Nedved?

Old
07-04-2004, 10:01 PM
free0717

Maybe we sign and Trade Petr Nedved?

Maybe we sign and trade Petr Nedved with Cash to Edmonton for Robbie Schremp.
We get a young talented prospect and Edmonton gets the center they want with the cash that will make him affordable.

Old
07-05-2004, 12:16 AM
Balej20*

Quote:
Originally Posted by free0717
Maybe we sign and trade Petr Nedved with Cash to Edmonton for Robbie Schremp.
We get a young talented prospect and Edmonton gets the center they want with the cash that will make him affordable.
would be a nice idea, but thats something that you would do in NHL 2004, lol.

Old
07-05-2004, 12:40 AM
Chief

Quote:
Sure thing, and from the looks of it he's not interested in returning to the Flyers....either that or the Flyer's aren't interested in bringing him back. One way or the other...That and Zham also wouldn't cost alot either.
Not true. Looks like Zhamnov wants a bigger pay day than the Flyers wanted to give hem. Spector's was reporting the Flyers wanted to sign ZHAMNOV at base salaries of between $3.5 and $4 mill but Zhamnov wants a multi-year deal starting at $5 mill per year.

Last edited by Chief: 07-05-2004 at 12:45 AM.
Old
07-05-2004, 03:50 PM
free0717

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balej20
would be a nice idea, but thats something that you would do in NHL 2004, lol.
Its a good Idea because the cash traded back would not count against a luxury tax or salary cap.

Old
07-05-2004, 08:25 PM
Balej20*

Quote:
Originally Posted by free0717
Its a good Idea because the cash traded back would not count against a luxury tax or salary cap.
What i'm trying to say is it wont happen. I believe thats the old sign and trade non-sense that happens in that other league known as the NBA i think. whatever, i don't see it happening. but i would like it to.

Closed Thread