HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

PGT Habs Ducks

Old
10-27-2008, 02:43 PM
Galchenyuk x 27

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chomsky View Post
Markov was not entirely responsible for the mistake. Markov had been on the ice for over 1min 40 secs and he obviously didn't have fresh legs. The fact of the matter is that the real player to blame on this play was Sergei who lost the battle on the boards and gave the puck away to a ducks player in the first place. Markov got surprised and couldn't catch the duck in acceleration.
Theirs no reason for him to be on the ice that long, especially in the NHL. It's his fault.

Galchenyuk x 27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2008, 02:53 PM
guest1467

vCash: 500
I don't really think a big deal should be made out of this, the puck bounced over his hand it was just an unfortunate play.

guest1467 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2008, 03:09 PM
mcphee

Quote:
Originally Posted by buddahsmoka1 View Post
I don't really think a big deal should be made out of this, the puck bounced over his hand it was just an unfortunate play.
It's just one of those things that hapens during a season. He's played so well that getting caught like that was noticeable. Mtl's a very good team but there are a lot of them out there with a very slim margin between them.

Their record is excellent and they've yet to be able to ice the style team they've wanted to, their best line has sputtered a bit, not like a long dry spell sputter, but they're still finding their way.

If you can put up 11 points in 7 games while finding your way, I'm not too excited.

mcphee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2008, 03:14 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

This game was just an exemple of bounces not going our way, of our guys doing more mistakes together than they never make and goalies not bailing them out. Those things does happen. Fortunately, it doesn't happen often.

Whitesnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2008, 04:15 PM
speed11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaydee96 View Post
i personally didnt check through this whole thread so I dont know if anyone mentioned it but someone spoke about it in another thread and i dont want that thread going off topic so ill say what i have to say here. It concerns Gorges and the PS call.

Gorges clearly NEVER picks the puck up. he sweeps it away without ever covering it up.
It hits Price and comes back through Gorges legs. The ref calls it a penalty shot because from his angle he loses sight of the puck and as luck may have it, at the exact same time the puck comes into sight through Gorges legs, he swings his left arm back and from the refs point of view it looks like he threw the puck there after having picked it up.
you don't have to pick the puck up, i believe if your hand covers the puck at any point in the crease, it's a penalty shot, and Gorges did that.

speed11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2008, 05:16 PM
Galchenyuk x 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by speed11 View Post
you don't have to pick the puck up, i believe if your hand covers the puck at any point in the crease, it's a penalty shot, and Gorges did that.
no he didnt, he slaps it away with his hand.
read the rest of my post, i posted what happend.

Old
10-27-2008, 05:20 PM
speed11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaydee96 View Post
no he didnt, he slaps it away with his hand.
read the rest of my post, i posted what happend.
regardless, if your hand is touching the puck at any point in the crease, it's a penalty shot, it has been for a while...

speed11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2008, 05:34 PM
Roke

Quote:
regardless, if your hand is touching the puck at any point in the crease, it's a penalty shot, it has been for a while...
You are incorrect, it's only if the player covers the puck in the crease. A few years back Markov, in desperation, swept a puck out of the crease with his hand without covering it, didn't get a penalty, and received a lot of praise from the colour commentator for his "smart" play.

Edit: Here is the rule:

Quote:
67.4 Penalty Shot - If a player, except a goalkeeper, while play is in progress, falls on the puck, holds the puck, picks up the puck, or gathers the puck into his body or hands from the ice in the goal crease area, the play shall be stopped immediately and a penalty shot shall be awarded to the non-offending team. See also Rule 63 – Delaying the Game.

Roke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2008, 05:44 PM
Galchenyuk x 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roke View Post
You are incorrect, it's only if the player covers the puck in the crease. A few years back Markov, in desperation, swept a puck out of the crease with his hand without covering it, didn't get a penalty, and received a lot of praise from the colour commentator for his "smart" play.

Edit: Here is the rule:
lol, you used the exact example I was gonna use.

Old
10-27-2008, 05:45 PM
Fish on The Sand
Untouchable

Quote:
you have to cover the puck. Gorges was quite careful not to cover the puck. To quote Carbo after the call "****ing ********"

Fish on The Sand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2008, 05:48 PM
Galchenyuk x 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish on The Sand View Post
you have to cover the puck. Gorges was quite careful not to cover the puck. To quote Carbo after the call "****ing ********"
I only saw the last 26 minutes of the game and i think I saw Carbo say that 4 times