HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Game #12 - 10.27.08 | NY Rangers @ NY Islanders | 7:00 PM - MSG(HD)

Old
10-27-2008, 11:58 PM
Whoot Whoot
Biased-NYR-Homer

vCash: 500
Any video footage on that puck hitting the netting and then the rangers scoring? I think it was the goal Gomez scored.

Whoot Whoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-28-2008, 12:02 AM
broadwayblue

Quote:
Originally Posted by n_a_c View Post
I agree, and I'm dumbfounded. Renney is big on respecting the players. Dubinsky has a bad start after being one of the best, if not the very best player over the past 60 games dating to last year. And for the bad start he gets benched? I totally disagree with that decision. Don't mean to overreact - obviously it was just a period. But just puts a bad taste in my mouth.

That being said, it doesn't matter what I think about it - it matters what Dubinsky thinks. His second and third periods tonight were okay. I'm curious how he rebounds in the next few games.

Next topic - Renney is back to chosing linemates out of a hat every game. Will you just let the guys play for more than a game together! Hard to complain since they've been winning. But still.
Big deal, Renney benched Dubi for less than a period. Did you see the look of determination on the kids face to start the second??? He was chomping at the bit to get back out there. I have no problem with Renny using whatever means necessary to motivate him.

broadwayblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-28-2008, 12:05 AM
FLYLine24
The Mac Truck

Quote:
Originally Posted by broadwayblue View Post
Big deal, Renney benched Dubi for less than a period. Did you see the look of determination on the kids face to start the second??? He was chomping at the bit to get back out there. I have no problem with Renny using whatever means necessary to motivate him.
Thats fine, but what type of message does it send when he only punishes certain players? That is why I was not a fan of it at all.

If he wants to send a message, send a clear message to all players, play bad, you will be benched. Dont have favorites on the team, that just looks so bad. Especially benching one of your best players in the first 10 games who has given it his all every shift. So he has a bad period, he knows it, talk to him about it(coach him).

FLYLine24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-28-2008, 12:07 AM
MrEctions
Willy Nilly

Quote:
Originally Posted by broadwayblue View Post
Agreed, this isnt youth hockey. If you **** up your held accountable. And in many ways Dubi is held to a higher standard than most because of the ability he has. Whether they were good or bad penalties is not the issue, he should'nt have put himself in the position to take the 2 penalty's. Dubi is the kind of kid that gets motivated by being punished for errors on the ice, you could see it in his eyes. It was a good move by Renney, imo...

MrEctions is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-28-2008, 12:09 AM
FLYLine24
The Mac Truck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psykedout66 View Post
Agreed, this isnt youth hockey. If you **** up your held accountable.

And in many ways Dubi is held to a higher standard than most because of the ability he has. Whether they were good or bad penalties is not the issue, he should'nt have put himself in the position to take the 2 penalty's. Dubi is the kind of kid that gets motivated by being punished for errors on the ice, you could see it in his eyes. It was a good move by Renney, imo...
Please explain then why Renney didnt bench other players (Drury) who had more then few horrible games this season?

Again, im fine with benching, AS LONG AS IT GOES FOR EVERYONE.

Old
10-28-2008, 12:09 AM
MrEctions
Willy Nilly

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYLine88 View Post
Thats fine, but what type of message does it send when he only punishes certain players? That is why I was not a fan of it at all.

If he wants to send a message, send a clear message to all players, play bad, you will be benched. Dont have favorites on the team, that just looks so bad. Especially benching one of your best players in the first 10 games who has given it his all every shift. So he has a bad period, he knows it, talk to him about it(coach him).
Dubi is one of the major players on the Rangers that everyone else revolves around. When he's going the team is going, not to mention his linemates. He may not have an A or C on his jersey, but hes a natural leader on the ice, in that other players look to him, imo. He ****ed up, me was punished, he will be better for it, end of story. And this is coming from a huge Dubi fan, as you can see in my avy....

Old
10-28-2008, 12:10 AM
trueblue9441

Send a message via AIM to trueblue9441
pathetic.. the game didnt even sell out

trueblue9441 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-28-2008, 12:11 AM
MrEctions
Willy Nilly

Quote:
Please explain then why Renney didnt bench other players (Drury) who had more then few horrible games this season?

Again, im fine with benching, AS LONG AS IT GOES FOR EVERYONE.
I totally get what your saying Fly, I really do. And if anything then the fault lays in Renney for not utilizing the same conditions on others play or lack thereof. Dubi deserved to be benched, as do others, why they were not lay's in Renneys lap. Dubi doesnt get a pass because the others did, is what I mean.

Old
10-28-2008, 12:13 AM
we want cup
We do not Sow

Quote:
Originally Posted by trueblue9441 View Post
pathetic.. the game didnt even sell out
don't forget, buy a jersey and get free tickets

RANGERS =
we want cup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-28-2008, 12:13 AM
FLYLine24
The Mac Truck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psykedout66 View Post
Dubi is one of the major players on the Rangers that everyone else revolves around. When he's going the team is going, not to mention his linemates. He may not have an A or C on his jersey, but hes a natural leader on the ice, in that other players look to him, imo. He ****ed up, me was punished, he will be better for it, end of story. And this is coming from a huge Dubi fan, as you can see in my avy....

Again, again, again...I agree...bench him, but why not Drury? Why not Nazzy?, why not Gomez?, etc.....all of them have had a bad periods this season.

Captain or no captain (like you also stated, as Dubi is a leader with or without a letter)....they should all be accountable.

edit - we keep missing each others new comment....not trying to be a dick here

Old
10-28-2008, 12:14 AM
Whoot Whoot
Biased-NYR-Homer

It was for taking two penalties - no other reason.

Whoot Whoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-28-2008, 12:18 AM
King Isles 13

Send a message via AIM to King Isles 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by we want cup View Post
don't forget, buy a jersey and get free tickets
that wasnt for this game. thats for saturday if you buy a third jersey, you get free tixx for mondays game against the blue jackets.

King Isles 13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-28-2008, 12:20 AM
MrEctions
Willy Nilly

Quote:
Again, again, again...I agree...bench him, but why not Drury? Why not Nazzy?, why not Gomez?, etc.....all of them have had a bad periods this season.

Captain or no captain (like you also stated, as Dubi is a leader with or without a letter)....they should all be accountable.

I think we both agree, but were just saying it differently lol. Renney should utilize the same conditions for all players, they need to be held accountable. C,A, how much $$$ you make, throw it all out the window. You're on a team, if you **** up and it hurts the team, then you pay the repercussions for it, period. I do think of all the guys on the team though, Dubi would take the benching the best, and spin it positively, besides perhaps Drury, who is very similar.

Old
10-28-2008, 12:21 AM
Brooklyn Ranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by PruBlue25 View Post
NHL.com has Prucha with 54 seconds of PP time, but Orr and Betts with zero? Prucha was on the ice for 10 seconds of the PP while Orr & Betts got about 45 seconds.

I don't understand why with a 4-1 lead, that Renney didn't put Prucha on for that last minute of the PP to try to get him going. Instead he put on the 4th line.

I love Renney, but sometimes his decisions dumbfound me.
I noticed that too. It's nice to reward a player like Orr for playing his role well, but Prucha really needs to score a goal as a confidence builder. It would have been nice to reward his hard work with some meaningful powerplay time.

Brooklyn Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-28-2008, 12:22 AM
MrEctions
Willy Nilly

I will say I was very very down on Prucha early in this season. However If he can continue to play like he is, then he is undoubtedbly an asset to this team, hands down.

Old
10-28-2008, 12:34 AM
WhipNash27
Quattro!!

Dubinsky was benched because he took two stupid penalties in a row, that's it. One holding, one tripping. Those types of a penalties are both considered lazy penalties. Renney did what he did and while I think benching him for a shift or two would have been sufficient, Renney has his own ways of doing things. Stop making more of this than what it is.

WhipNash27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-28-2008, 12:42 AM
FLYLine24
The Mac Truck

Quote:
Originally Posted by PruBlue25 View Post
Dubinsky was benched because he took two stupid penalties in a row, that's it. One holding, one tripping. Those types of a penalties are both considered lazy penalties. Renney did what he did and while I think benching him for a shift or two would have been sufficient, Renney has his own ways of doing things. Stop making more of this than what it is.
Did you see the penalties?

The first one was a horrible call(he was falling down in a damn rut and touched someone when he was falling), the second was a bad penalty but pretty much everyone has taken one this season..were they benched a period?

Yea we all know Renney's way of doing things..very well by now.

Old
10-28-2008, 01:00 AM
levski87

I don't think Brandon minded to much.. just a little relaxation time, enjoying the ass whooping.. its okay You would never see him benched against a more powerful opponent.

levski87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-28-2008, 01:16 AM
trueblue9441

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Isles 13 View Post
that wasnt for this game. thats for saturday if you buy a third jersey, you get free tixx for mondays game against the blue jackets.
it doesnt matter.. im not directing this just at islanders fans tho either, how the hell does rangers islanders not sell out? 16,250 friggen seats.. idc how bad the economy is.. you cant sell 16,000 seats on a monday night? pathetic on both ends

Old
10-28-2008, 01:21 AM
IslesBeBack*
NHL Free Agent

Quote:
Originally Posted by trueblue9441 View Post
it doesnt matter.. im not directing this just at islanders fans tho either, how the hell does rangers islanders not sell out? 16,250 friggen seats.. idc how bad the economy is.. you cant sell 16,000 seats on a monday night? pathetic on both ends
Give me a break! You have NO idea what Islander fans have to deal with right now. Look at our roster. Look at our organization, where it stands, and how we are currently headed nowhere.

Who the hell is going to shell out money to watch a first place Ranger team come in against the Bridgeport Soundtigers?

There are going to be some very, very tough times ahead for the Islanders. They want their rebuild, fine. Good freaking luck.

I hope they have even a couple thousand to come back too. Only loyal fans are paying attention at this point. This franchise has done so many wrongs, so many bad things to allienate this fanbase that they deserve every.. single.. thing that happens to them.

I hope Charles Wang looked down at the Ranger filled Colisuem and smiled tonight. He and his 15, 10 year contracts can go **** themselves. Good luck WANG.

P.S - I am known in my parts as one of the biggest Islander fans around. Going to this game was never even a THOUGHT for me, and I have not missed a NYI/NYR game in about 4 years. To say that I have had it is putting it lightly. I'll watch from the sidelines, and I'll just take humour out of this entire situation now.

And believe me, I speak on behalf of THOUSANDS who have given up. The only positive with the Islanders is the potential to add John Tavares. He is a Sidney Crosby type prospect - maybe not as good - who knows; the point is, he may have what it takes to set this organization straight.

If not, you'll be lucky to see 7K people at NVMC next year. Consider it a definite Rangers home game, because there are many people who have had enough. It's as simple as that.

IslesBeBack* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-28-2008, 01:30 AM
NYR Viper

Quote:

if i may just throw in my two cents here....

some players react better to certain things than others....drury wasnt playing poorly normally its just he wasnt finishing....

dubi is the type of player who has tremendous pride and if he is benched he takes it and uses it as motivation....other players, like zherdev for example wouldnt react as favorably to it....as a coach you need to know what motivates each and every player if it is a small benching, a stern talking to, a motivational speech, or just a tap on the back everyone is different and thats why renney makes the big bucks

NYR Viper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-28-2008, 01:37 AM
trueblue9441

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatientlyWaiting View Post
Give me a break! You have NO idea what Islander fans have to deal with right now. Look at our roster. Look at our organization, where it stands, and how we are currently headed nowhere.

Who the hell is going to shell out money to watch a first place Ranger team come in against the Bridgeport Soundtigers?

There are going to be some very, very tough times ahead for the Islanders. They want their rebuild, fine. Good freaking luck.

I hope they have even a couple thousand to come back too. Only loyal fans are paying attention at this point. This franchise has done so many wrongs, so many bad things to allienate this fanbase that they deserve every.. single.. thing that happens to them.

I hope Charles Wang looked down at the Ranger filled Colisuem and smiled tonight. He and his 15, 10 year contracts can go **** themselves. Good luck WANG.

P.S - I am known in my parts as one of the biggest Islander fans around. Going to this game was never even a THOUGHT for me, and I have not missed a NYI/NYR game in about 4 years. To say that I have had it is putting it lightly. I'll watch from the sidelines, and I'll just take humour out of this entire situation now.

And believe me, I speak on behalf of THOUSANDS who have given up. The only positive with the Islanders is the potential to add John Tavares. He is a Sidney Crosby type prospect - maybe not as good - who knows; the point is, he may have what it takes to set this organization straight.

If not, you'll be lucky to see 7K people at NVMC next year. Consider it a definite Rangers home game, because there are many people who have had enough. It's as simple as that.
i guess you forgot the debacle ranger fans went thru from 1997-98 until 2003-2004? haha i do understand, and i sat behind a guy who was a season ticket holder down in 118x, wore a orange wig most of the game, maybe some of your guys know who he is but he basically said the same thing, but still the game shoouldve sold out.. theres more then enough ranger fans to fill that place.. i dont get it

Old
10-28-2008, 02:57 AM
Ola

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatientlyWaiting View Post
I will say this: You guys, IMO, are going to flirt on that edge of serious contenders and/or a solid NHL team until Zherdev finds his way, permanently.

He is super talented, but he suffers from the Alexei Yashin syndrome way too often out there. Lazy one shift, not lazy the second. If he could just harness his talent and play within his confines, you guys would have a potential 40 goal, 50 assist type player.

Until than, you guys will remain a tremendous team without perhaps a true identified scoring threat. A real opportunity for Zherdev is open on the NYR and should he rise to the occasion I think the NYR's are the team to beat in the east.

Just keeping it real.
I thought the same thing when watching Zherdev in CBJ. But I've changed my mind after getting to watch him night after night.

To me Zherdev got 10x the attitude I expected, but also maybe just isn't as "good" as I expected.

Don't get me wrong, he is a very good hockeyplayer and I really liks him. But I don't think he got the hockeysense to become, or atleast be, a 90 pts player right now. Atleast not if he doesn't end up on a line where everything works and he gets like 10 free pts from that.

You need so many ingridience to score 40+50 in the NHL today. You need to be really sneaky. You need to be able to constantly adopt your game, find new sources of offense. Stuff like that. Zherdev got allot of raw abilitys. But he isn't complete. He definitly doesn't have that assassin mentality.

It doesn't have anything to do with beeing "lazy".

Ola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-28-2008, 04:59 AM
Inferno
HFB Partner

this was one of the worst officiated games i have ever witnessed.

Inferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-28-2008, 07:39 AM
Tomas Sandstrom 28

Quote:
Did you see the penalties?

The first one was a horrible call(he was falling down in a damn rut and touched someone when he was falling), the second was a bad penalty but pretty much everyone has taken one this season..were they benched a period?

Yea we all know Renney's way of doing things..very well by now.
Hockey players are individual people and don't come out of some cookie cutter. My impression of Renney is that he's very good at dealing with his players on an individual basis and tailoring to each players personality, that's why his players like him so much. Sure there are some coaches who have the "treat everyone the same" mentality, but Renney doesn't. Can't say which is "better" for sure, but fact is some players respond to benching, or yelling at them etc. other players don't and you need to hold their hand.

One of the most important parts about being a coach/manager/boss/supervisor is dealing with personalities.

Tomas Sandstrom 28 is offline   Reply With Quote