HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Game #12 - 10.27.08 | NY Rangers @ NY Islanders | 7:00 PM - MSG(HD)

Old
10-28-2008, 08:32 AM
Levitate

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PatientlyWaiting View Post
The only positive with the Islanders is the potential to add John Tavares. He is a Sidney Crosby type prospect - maybe not as good - who knows; the point is, he may have what it takes to set this organization straight.
Snow will probably trade the pick for an extra second rounder.

Seriously though, I hope the Isles get turned around somehow. I don't know what the hell the management is doing over there, but it's not good

Levitate is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-28-2008, 08:48 AM
Synergy27

Quote:
Originally Posted by trueblue9441 View Post
it doesnt matter.. im not directing this just at islanders fans tho either, how the hell does rangers islanders not sell out? 16,250 friggen seats.. idc how bad the economy is.. you cant sell 16,000 seats on a monday night? pathetic on both ends
An historically poor economy, really ****** weather, Monday Night Football, a possible World Series clinching game, a bigtime mismatch on the ice. I don't know man, this game had a lot going against it. Not a surprise at all to me that it didn't sell out.

Synergy27 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-28-2008, 08:49 AM
GilliesGirlie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karan View Post
That you Kristi?

yep, it's me.

Old
10-28-2008, 08:54 AM
FromDubiToZherdev*

Send a message via AIM to FromDubiToZherdev* Send a message via MSN to FromDubiToZherdev*
TWC ****ed up on me. How were the goals?

FromDubiToZherdev* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-28-2008, 09:22 AM
Melrose_Jr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psykedout66 View Post
I will say I was very very down on Prucha early in this season. However If he can continue to play like he is, then he is undoubtedbly an asset to this team, hands down.
I feel just the same. At a time when I thought someone could take Prucha's spot and generate more offense, I was down on effort alone. With the benefit of knowing that no one is going to step in and generate that offense, everything else Prucha brings makes him the easy choice.

Gordon's strategy fooled the Rangers early and still generated chances late. I expected much less from the Isles, but this could have been a fairly easy win for them if not for Lundqvist. LOTS of video review before next week.

Melrose_Jr. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-28-2008, 10:15 AM
MikeyLikesHockey

hehe...

Is it me or are we a better team with both Dawes and Prucha in the lineup.

MikeyLikesHockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-28-2008, 10:21 AM
FutureGM97

Send a message via AIM to FutureGM97
if prucha keeps playing this hard then he is going to earn another contract here....just cheaper probably

FutureGM97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-28-2008, 10:25 AM
FromDubiToZherdev*

Send a message via AIM to FromDubiToZherdev* Send a message via MSN to FromDubiToZherdev*
Wait. How was Prucha last night?

Old
10-28-2008, 10:37 AM
MikeyLikesHockey

Team....

Prucha worked hard, missed a shot(shot wide) Dawes got a shot on goal, was pretty invisible.

Naslund, Drury and Gomer were flying. With and without the puck.

Dubi was benched in the first because of two stupid penalties and not listening to Renney. Betts took his spot for a few shifts betwen Voros and Prucha. By the end of the game Z was being moved from line to line to line. But he was pretty invisible too.

Drury had his best game, 2 goals 8 shots.

D was decent...but not good. And the Kind well he was the King.

Ranger fans started shouting "You can't / beat us!!" near the middle of the 3rd.

Colton Orr had some decent shots, Sjo as well. It just needs to be a consistant effort across all lines, and then we will be unstoppable. We are almost there, cylinders 2 and 4 were firing well during the first few weeks, now 1 and 3 are, we just need all 4 firing just right.

One good thing though, I think this is our lineup.

Nas - Dru - Z
Dawes - Gomer - Callahan
Voros - Dubi - Prucha
Sjo - Betts - Orr

Not bad for a starting lineup.

MikeyLikesHockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-28-2008, 10:41 AM
Shake and Bake

guys, let it go. i personally dont think dubinsky should have been benched, esp since they were weak calls imo, but its over with...he was back for the second and third periods and im sure it wont be a big deal going foward

Shake and Bake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-28-2008, 11:30 AM
Shake and Bake

what do you guys think the percentage of ranger/icelander fans was last night?

Shake and Bake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-28-2008, 12:11 PM
Bluenote13
Believe In Henke

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYLine88 View Post
So Renney holds Zherdev and Dubinsky responsible but nobody else (in previous games)??

Thus sitting Zherdev on the last faceoff and putting Sjostrom out there to not cover his man...way to go Renney.
No, it was Girardi & the Centermans fault. Watch it again w/o the Renney hate glasses on

Bluenote13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-28-2008, 12:12 PM
Bluenote13
Believe In Henke

Quote:
Originally Posted by SupersonicMonkey View Post
I always defend Renney...

And i have been defending Drury....

But benching Zherdev and Dubinsky late in the period... and Drury got away scott free with his lousy production early in the season?

Ok.

Good job, Renney. Perfect way to ensure Zherdev's confidence shrink by benching him... after he saved the ****ing team on Saturday.
Maybe you missed that atrocious pass Zman made infront of his own net. Maybe?

Old
10-28-2008, 12:14 PM
Bluenote13
Believe In Henke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rangerfan4life90 View Post
Renney kisses up to the refs so ******* much it's insane.

Those 2 penalities on Dubinsky were hardly penalities. Especally the 2nd one which was just a plain dumb call.

And Zherdev made an error oh shucks it happens to the best, he saved our bacon on Saturday didnt he???

Renney, Renney, good ole Renney
Wow, the Renney hatefest was in full effect last night, imagine if we lost.

Meanwhile, moving up all time in Ranger coaching victories !!!

Last edited by Bluenote13: 10-28-2008 at 12:39 PM.
Old
10-28-2008, 12:16 PM
Bluenote13
Believe In Henke

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR6814 View Post
I think Renney needs another stick to the head to get his train of thought back on track.
The classiest post of course

Unreal what you guys think about when watching these games.....

Old
10-28-2008, 12:38 PM
Bluenote13
Believe In Henke

Quote:
Originally Posted by n_a_c View Post
Hard to complain since they've been winning. But still.

But still... some Ranger fans are going overboard

Old
10-28-2008, 02:37 PM
FLYLine24
The Mac Truck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluenote13 View Post
No, it was Girardi & the Centermans fault. Watch it again w/o the Renney hate glasses on
Center (Drury) is suppose to stay with his man, which he did, hes not at fault, he even won the draw then stayed with the center.

Girardi got out worked and lost the puck, Sjostorm or Gomez (I dont know who was playing Right Wing and who was playing Left Wing since it was a defensive lineup with 10 seconds left) whoever the left winger was goes to the point man, the extra forward (this being the RWer) stays near the net and covers the extra guy the Isles have coming in, this did not happen and Oposko got a gimmie goal.

Seems to me just miscommunication due to Sjo playing on a line he is never on.

Renney is a fine coach, but he makes some of the strangest choices in games at times which does hurt the team from time to time.

FLYLine24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-28-2008, 03:13 PM
Bluenote13
Believe In Henke

Quote:
Center (Drury) is suppose to stay with his man, which he did, hes not at fault, he even won the draw then stayed with the center.

Girardi got out worked and lost the puck, Sjostorm or Gomez (I dont know who was playing Right Wing and who was playing Left Wing since it was a defensive lineup with 10 seconds left) whoever the left winger was goes to the point man, the extra forward (this being the RWer) stays near the net and covers the extra guy the Isles have coming in, this did not happen and Oposko got a gimmie goal.

Renney is a fine coach, but he makes some of the strangest choices in games at times which does hurt the team from time to time.
I'm just saying, if you're gonna look to blame someone on that play its Girardi. I don't think Okposo was Sjostrom's guy to take, he was covering the pass back to the point, mightve been Gomez who missed his man.

Old
10-28-2008, 03:31 PM
Black Tank

Quote:
Originally Posted by n_a_c View Post
I agree, and I'm dumbfounded. Renney is big on respecting the players. Dubinsky has a bad start after being one of the best, if not the very best player over the past 60 games dating to last year. And for the bad start he gets benched? I totally disagree with that decision. Don't mean to overreact - obviously it was just a period. But just puts a bad taste in my mouth.

That being said, it doesn't matter what I think about it - it matters what Dubinsky thinks. His second and third periods tonight were okay. I'm curious how he rebounds in the next few games.

Next topic - Renney is back to chosing linemates out of a hat every game. Will you just let the guys play for more than a game together! Hard to complain since they've been winning. But still.
According to Sam and Joe, Dubinsky mouthed off to the refs after his first penalty which is why he got the second one. It could be that Renney was trying to reinforce that arguing like that with these refs only hurts the team.

Black Tank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-28-2008, 04:06 PM
Geddy Lee

Quote:

It was Gomez.

He started towards the far boards because he thought Girardi had control of the puck.

I like the idea of having a 2nd center on the ice for that faceoff. I would have put Betts on instead...

Geddy Lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-28-2008, 04:29 PM
broadwayblue

Gomers goal aside, he really looked out of sorts last night. Turnovers, puck bouncing off his stick and skates...he was out of sync for most of it.

broadwayblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-28-2008, 05:53 PM
FromDubiToZherdev*

Wait a sec. There was some tension between Dubsinky and Renney? Doesn't sound good.

Old
10-28-2008, 06:03 PM
FLYLine24
The Mac Truck

Quote:
Originally Posted by FromDubiToZherdev View Post
Wait a sec. There was some tension between Dubsinky and Renney? Doesn't sound good.
Nobody said that.

FLYLine24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-28-2008, 06:03 PM
Bluenote13
Believe In Henke

Quote:
Originally Posted by FromDubiToZherdev View Post
Dubsinky, I never get tired of that

It looked okay, Dubi was upset that Renney benched him but right before the 2nd period they showed Renney talking to Dubi, looked like both were fine to me.

Old
10-31-2008, 07:33 PM
mucker*

Quote:
Originally Posted by trueblue9441 View Post
pathetic.. the game didnt even sell out
I'm not sure who this reflects worse on.
The Islanders?
The Rangers?
Or is hockey overrated in New York?

I mean..I understand Islander fans not buying tickets...but what about Ranger fans?
They have sell outs nightly...why aren't they jumping on tickets to see their club?

mucker* is offline   Reply With Quote