HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Not Sure about #71

Old
10-28-2008, 11:11 AM
Kriss E

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by natey2k4 View Post
This I agree with.. Brisebois should rarely be in games versus Western Conference teams unless it's due to injury.

Brisebois is most effective against teams who are, well, as soft as him.

On another note, in reply to Kriss.. you have to EXPECT your bottom pairing/extra defenseman to make a lot more mistakes. That's why they are paid so little and don't play as much. Unfortunately, Brisebois has played too much because of injuries.

However, if you go around the NHL, I doubt you'll find that many guys better then him, in his position (#7 D).

I'm more concerned when our top defenseman are causing goals against than our bottom defenseman. When the game is on the line, the top defenseman are the ones on the ice and the ones we rely on.
If Markov-Komi-Hamrlik were bad every single game since the beginning of the season, I agree I'd be concerned.
But they're not having a horrible start, our D needs to get better but I'm not concerned about our top 3.
Regardless, I never once said you shouldn't worry about our top D if they were bad. What I said is Markov(or any top 3) can have a few bad games, it's only normal and he'll still be one of our MVPs. So his margin of errors is much bigger than Breezer's.
In all cases, I agree, I'd be more worried if our top defenders were bad.

But my point was more towards Breezer vs O'Byrne.
I prefer seeing O'Byrne have a bad game and learning, than Breezer doing the same old crappy plays that got him out of here in the first place.

Breezer can play every now and then, but you can't put him in every time O'Byrne has a bad game. That kid needs to learn.

As for the #7 D, I don't doubt Breezer is a pretty good one, although he hasn't been used as a 7th so far due to injuries. But there's a lot of teams that have youngsters as 7th D, didn't we have Gorges as a 7th for a big part of the beginning of the season last year?..
Don't get me wrong, I agree with the signing of Breezer. I just thought, O'Byrne had his good and bad moments since the start of the season but I don't think he should have been the one sitting out vs the Ducks.

Last edited by Kriss E: 10-28-2008 at 11:18 AM.
Kriss E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-28-2008, 12:16 PM
BLONG7

This is Breezer's last year...he must be liked by BG and Carbo. The bottom line with Breezer is he has to be on the bottom pair for his icetime, or better yet in the pressbox in case of injuries. I think he is a better character guy than most give him credit for. I have never been a fan of his, but coming back last year, and having somewhat of a decent season, I had no major issue with signing him again this year. Having him play vs the Ducks made no sense, but OB must have done something to pi$$ Carbo off...We have to not expect too much from him, and when he plays well, we should give him some credit.

BLONG7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-28-2008, 12:31 PM
Puckhead58*

I don't understand why Brisebois is even on the team let alone playing a regular shift. And I'm sick of everybody saying that he is there for his leadership.....thats bull....we have enough leadership on the team as it is. Do you actually think that any of our younger players are looking up to Brisebois for support or as a leader. He makes 50 mistakes a game and at least 1 of them usually results in a goal.

I would rather let O'Byrne play every game and let him learn from his mistakes than to watch Brisebois make more mistakes than a rookie and not learn a thing from them!!!

Puckhead58* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-28-2008, 01:02 PM
compile

vCash: 611
Valentenko.
/end thread.

compile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-28-2008, 02:35 PM
Beakermania*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puckhead58 View Post
I would rather let O'Byrne play every game and let him learn from his mistakes than to watch Brisebois make more mistakes than a rookie and not learn a thing from them!!!
I agree... stick breezer in the pressbox.

Beakermania* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-28-2008, 03:28 PM
JTWymanFan*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
People have to get off this "get rid of Brisebois" bandwagon. For the most part when he is dressed he does the job. Saturday was the first time he was on the ice for a goal against. I'm not 100% in agreement with playing him against Anaheim due to their style, but I have no problem sitting O'byrne here and there. For the most part O'b has played well this year but last Monday he was awful.

It would not be wise to make a move until midseason/trade dealine. Brisebois is more than adequate as #7 in the meantime and Carle Valentenko Weber are getting good minutes AHL. I don't see the need to throw Brisebois and/or O'b under the bus for the last 2 games, but I guess some people are not happy if they don't have a knee jerk reaction. I guess we should also cut Price and Halak to call up Denis and Dejardins

NO we don't. He is a mistake waiting to happen every minute of every game. Time for him to hang 'em up.

JTWymanFan* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-28-2008, 03:48 PM
Lone Rogue

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForzaHabs View Post
Valentenko.
/end thread.
Not ready.
/continue thread.

Lone Rogue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-28-2008, 04:22 PM
mrCoffea*

people automatically blame Brisebois for everything

the guy has been playing alright this year, I have no problem with him on the team. The problem is as soon as something goes wrong everyone attacks him when 90% of the time another player should be blamed just as much as he is, or did something worse earlier on in the game but gets away with it scot free. There's definitely a double standard when it comes to him, and it's very unfortunate

mrCoffea* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-28-2008, 04:28 PM
Vicious

Send a message via MSN to Vicious
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrCoffea View Post
people automatically blame Brisebois for everything

the guy has been playing alright this year, I have no problem with him on the team. The problem is as soon as something goes wrong everyone attacks him when 90% of the time another player should be blamed just as much as he is, or did something worse earlier on in the game but gets away with it scot free. There's definitely a double standard when it comes to him, and it's very unfortunate
It's because with him it's not an abberation. We've watched Brisebois for (too) long enough to know.

Vicious is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-28-2008, 04:42 PM
Maliki2

Anyone want to bring the stats up again from last year. The one with how many wins vs loses we had with Brisboise in and out of the lineup?

Maliki2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-28-2008, 04:55 PM
AllCanadienFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForzaHabs View Post
Valentenko.
/end thread.
Come to Hamilton and watch. He's not close.

AllCanadienFan is offline   Reply With Quote