HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Ppv

Old
10-27-2008, 08:55 PM
Kevotron

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nanook View Post
I got through but it didn't bring my a lot of satisfaction. Basically they didn't know what the problem was but they did no that "there will be no refunds as long as their is video."
well in all honesty, what is the monetary amount for having no sound ?
im happy as long as i can see the game.

Kevotron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2008, 10:59 PM
GorillazXL

The PPV jinx continues... does anyone have a record of the Oiler's PPV game record? It must be 1-15

GXL

GorillazXL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-28-2008, 10:55 AM
RedTide

I just called shaw and they issued a refund without question. I told them I got fed up and shut the game off at the 15 min mark of the 1st period. The girl said no problem, the credit was issued.

She also told me the issue wasnt Shaw related, she said the feed coming from the NHL was bad.

RedTide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-28-2008, 11:22 AM
nanook

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedTide View Post
I just called shaw and they issued a refund without question. I told them I got fed up and shut the game off at the 15 min mark of the 1st period. The girl said no problem, the credit was issued.

She also told me the issue wasnt Shaw related, she said the feed coming from the NHL was bad.
Thanks, I just did likewise. Funny, when I called last night to complain, they said that "no refunds would be issued." Can't say that I'm very impressed with Shaw's service!

nanook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-28-2008, 11:33 AM
Antidote

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny08 View Post
sound is back with Bell, but I preferred the BESN broadcast in 5.1 dolby audio. The Oiler PPV audio is flat
I would have been thrilled to stay with the Boston feed. The pregame back and forth was solid and both commentators were professional and knowledgeable (memo to BESN though: Rexall doesn't have the fastest ice in the league anymore) - it was interesting to hear a different view of the Oilers.

Oilers PPV, on the other hand, was embarrassing, particularly the intermissions. I thought the coaching interviews were good but would have liked to hear from the Boston coaches - maybe I was refilling the popcorn bowl during those interviews. The on-air guys all seemed to me like radio folks who haven't spent enough time in front of a camera to be more at ease so they could provide thoughtful commentary. The Oilers PPV staff needs to raise the quality of the production to a level that reflects the general competence and class of the organization.

It doesn't have to be TSN or HNIC but it needs to be better than Sportsnet - at least Sportsnet Pacific that we get to watch in BC - particularly if the feed is being used for Center Ice.

Antidote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-28-2008, 04:56 PM
metallicat

I am pretty sure I just got a full refund from Shaw, but they aren't sure...of course. I'll keep an eye on my bill, and if it isn't full, I'll raise hell.

Does anyone know if you can order the PPV slightly into the games? For example, can I order Thursday's PPV "after" the game has started, to know if there are more issues?

metallicat is offline   Reply With Quote