HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2008-2009 Hartford Wolf Pack Thread

Closed Thread

Old
10-25-2008, 03:47 PM
Dagoon44

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Dagoon44 Send a message via Yahoo to Dagoon44
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brooklyn Ranger View Post
I didn't realize all players had to be stars to play in the NHL. Just because a player passes through waivers doesn't mean he's incapable of playing a role for an NHL team.
Wasn't talking about Pissmiler. I was stating that Andreas Jamtin isn't a star or really someone with NHL talent

Old
10-25-2008, 10:42 PM
squishy

The Pack beat the Manchester Monarchs 4-1 tonight. I was at the Garden so didn't see the game, but will watch it once AHL Live puts it up on the archive later tonight or tomorrow...

Some interesting things just looking at the stat sheet:

- Parenteau had a goal and 2 assists, and now has goals in 3 straight games
- Pyatt had 2 assists
- Anisimov got his first goal of the season and added an assist
- Dupont got another goal. He, Anisimov and Parenteau are now tied for the lead in scoring on the team
- The previously-hideous power play got two goals
- There were three fights: Sugden-Westgarth, Johnston-Dupont, Bagnall-Soryal. It looks like Dupont's fight might have been touched off by an Anisimov boarding penalty.
- Wiikman stopped 25 of 26 shots to earn first star honors

Pack Scoring:
1. Anisimov, (1) (Murray, Parenteau), 9:12
2. Parenteau, (3) (Moore, Pyatt), 6:43 (PP)
3. Byers, (3) (Pyatt, Parenteau), 3:37 (PP)
3. Dupont, (1) (Weise, Anisimov), 4:21

Three Stars:
1. Miika Wiikman
2. Pierre-Alexandre Parenteau
3. Artem Anisimov

Old
10-26-2008, 12:25 AM
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him

Awards:
Might we be seeing the PAck turn the corner a bit? Awesome goaltending will help I'm sure (as will a PAP resurgence).

It's just pain.
Old
10-26-2008, 12:05 PM
Dagoon44

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bd5oK0QSQNQ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5QradzN_2CE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IV0xDIoPtgk

enjoy the fights guys I know I did

Last edited by Dagoon44: 10-26-2008 at 05:03 PM.
Old
10-26-2008, 03:12 PM
CDNRGRFANHUH

Thanks for the fights.... looks like dupont is doing a bit of fighting and putting up some ok numbers... what happened to jessiman why is he putting up no numbers

Old
10-26-2008, 06:01 PM
squishy

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDNRGRFANHUH View Post
Thanks for the fights.... looks like dupont is doing a bit of fighting and putting up some ok numbers... what happened to jessiman why is he putting up no numbers
He's been a healthy scratch the past two games, after taking a boneheaded penalty late in the game against Worcester that cost the Pack the game they'd fought to come back in.

There were also rumors flying around Hartford last night that he had been traded... they were said to have originated with Hugh's agent, who was on hand last night, though everything I've heard has come 3rd and 4th hand, so take it for what it's worth.

Old
10-26-2008, 07:53 PM
Jarkko Immonen
#42 Artem Anisimov

Send a message via AIM to Jarkko Immonen
Someone actually told me that rumor as well. I don't ever tend to believe them.

Old
10-26-2008, 08:48 PM
Burlington Bomb 26
Louie Louie Oh oh

Once I saw the the word fights I knew Soryal would be in one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by squishy View Post
There were also rumors flying around Hartford last night that he had been traded... they were said to have originated with Hugh's agent, who was on hand last night, though everything I've heard has come 3rd and 4th hand, so take it for what it's worth.
Interesting to say the least...

Old
10-26-2008, 10:51 PM
Brooklyn Ranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by GongShowHockeyNYR View Post

Interesting to say the least...
More likely the hopes of a once high level draft pick who needs a new start somewhere else.

Old
10-27-2008, 10:10 AM
squishy

Game 7: Manchester Monarchs 1 @ Hartford Wolf Pack 4

Game 7: Manchester Monarchs 1 @ Hartford Wolf Pack 4

Had a chance to watch Saturday's gave vs. Manchester last night. Some additional thoughts:

- Anisimov's goal was sweet. In fact, he played a great game all-around and was easily the best Hartford player on the ice not wearing goalie pads. He's showing a lot more confidence with the puck, and in addition to the 4 shots he was credited with probably had 4-5 more that were blocked or went wide. The goal started with him winning the faceoff in the offensive zone, but a Monarch player beat Brodie Dupont to the puck and nudged it out of the zone, where Chris Murphy picked it up and banged it off the boards back into the Monarch zone. Two Monarchs bumbled it at the right half boards and Anisimov took the puck off one of them, kicked it up to his stick, cut in off the boards and undressed a defenseman, and then deked the goalie out of his shorts with a quick backhand-forehand move before putting it through his legs.

- Parenteu's goal was just a really sweet wrist shot from the top of the left circle on the power play. Pyatt won the offensive zone face off back to Moore, who was playing the point on the power play this weekend (confirming my theory that what ailed the Pack power play was in fact the defenseman, not the forwards). Moore passed it down the boards to Parenteu, who took a couple steps in off the boards and fired the wrister top shelf.

- Byers' goal was a garbage goal earned odd the hard work of Tommy Pyatt, who skated the puck into the zone down the left boards, cut in across the front of the net and got a shot off that Monarch goalie Jonathan Quick stopped. But Byers were there on the doorstep, got a couple whacks off at the puck and pushed it under Quick for the goal.

- Dupont's goal started with Anisimov bringing the puck out front from behind the net. Weise and Dupont were both in front of the net. Weise apparently got a stick on it (he was credited with an assist) before Dupont put it past Quick.

- As mentioned above, there were three fights. The first, between Sugden and Westgarth was a pretty even match up, but I'd give Sugden the edge. Westgarth went to the locker room afterwards and did not return.

- The second fight, between Dupont and Johnston was, as I suspected, precipitated by a boarding call against Anisimov, though it wasn't much of a hit, he just caught the guy in an bad position and he went down awkwardly into the boards. Andrew Campbell immediately jumped Anisimov who was down on the ice with Campbell on top of him before the camera even panned back to them. In the meantime Dupont and Johnston squared off. The two matched up pretty evenly until Dupont landed a right that bucked Johnston's knees. He got right back up, but the two basically just wrested after that.

- The third fight was between Justin Soryal and Drew Bagnall. The two almost went before the linesman dropped the puck, but the ref separated the two the puck was dropped. But after the faceoff on the next stoppage the two did drop the gloves, with Soryal drawing a power play for the Pack. He won the decision once again -- the kid seems to start slow, but once he gets going he just loves to fire punches. He's fun to watch. Earlier in the game he'd almost gone with another Monarch, but the linesmen jumped in before much happened, and the two were just given roughing penalties.

- The lone Monarch goal was a sharp angle shot on the power play which Wiikman stopped, but couldn't control. Trevor Lewis managed to put in the rebound. But on the whole, Wiikman played two excellent games this weekend, stopping 31 of 32 shots Saturday and 30 of 31 shots Friday.

Lines:
Dupont - Anisimov - Weise
Byers - Pyatt - Parenteau
Owens - Moore - Soryal
Sugden - Ouellette - Didiomete

Potter - Sanguinetti
Denisov - Fahey
Graham - Murray

Wiikman / Zaba

Pack Scoring:
1. Anisimov, (1) (Murray, Parenteau), 9:12
2. Parenteau, (3) (Moore, Pyatt), 6:43 (PP)
3. Byers, (3) (Pyatt, Parenteau), 3:37 (PP)
3. Dupont, (1) (Weise, Anisimov), 4:21

Three Stars:
1. Miika Wiikman
2. Pierre-Alexandre Parenteau
3. Artem Anisimov

Old
10-27-2008, 11:52 PM
Pizza

nice cap squish.

Old
10-29-2008, 01:02 PM
Shake and Bake

wow, great recap squishy. You do a great job of following the Pack. Do you follow the Rangers this closely?

Old
10-29-2008, 01:41 PM
Garfinkel1

Some of you guys are going to find this really cool. I know I did.

One of my friends is great friends with this girl who goes to EVERY wolfpack game. Anyway, She is good friends with a lot of these players including Dawes and Dubinsky and even goes out to dinner with them sometimes. When my friend went with her, he met the entire team. He's got a good picture with Amsinov. I was going to go to the game tonight and maybe meet them but I have class... . this sucks...

Old
10-29-2008, 03:10 PM
NYRMatt

vCash: 1275
Quote:
Originally Posted by Garfinkel1 View Post
Some of you guys are going to find this really cool. I know I did.

One of my friends is great friends with this girl who goes to EVERY wolfpack game. Anyway, She is good friends with a lot of these players including Dawes and Dubinsky and even goes out to dinner with them sometimes. When my friend went with her, he met the entire team. He's got a good picture with Amsinov. I was going to go to the game tonight and maybe meet them but I have class... . this sucks...
Pretty awesome story. Hopefully, you see them all in due time!

Old
10-29-2008, 04:09 PM
squishy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shake and Bake View Post
wow, great recap squishy. You do a great job of following the Pack. Do you follow the Rangers this closely?
Thanks. I actually follow the Rangers more closely, but don't bother writing about them since about 500 reporters and bloggers already do.

Old
10-29-2008, 10:20 PM
NYRMatt

vCash: 1275
Pack win in OT, 3-2!

Goals by:

D. Weise (14:52 1st)
J. Soryal (18:00 1st)
D. Byers (03:16 OT)

Weise is really starting to show some neat signs. Keep up the good work, Dale!

Old
10-29-2008, 10:27 PM
FLYLine24*

Ive been huge on Wiese since ive watched him in the preseason...he will be a very good AHLer at the least..praying he keeps it up and can do the same in the NHL.

Old
10-29-2008, 10:50 PM
squishy

Game 8: Portland Pirates 2 @ Hartford Wolf Pack 3 (OT)

Game 8: Portland Pirates 2 @ Hartford Wolf Pack 3 (OT)
In a game they had no business winning, the Hartford Wolf Pack defeated the Portland Pirates 3-2 in overtime in Hartford on Wednesday night. Miika Wiikman, with 30 saves, earned his third consecutive first star designation and was the main reason the Pack were able to post their third win in as many games.

The Wolf Pack got off to a good enough start, earning the first two power play opportunities of the game, including 47 seconds of 5-on-3 time, during which Portland goaltender Adam Dennis was forced to stop a breakaway on Hartford winger Dane Byers. But, as they have so often in this young season, the Pack failed to convert on the man advantage, and then were whistled for the next three penalties. Portland took advantage of the first, when Colin Murphy was able to put a shallow rebound off Chris Butler’s point shot between Wiikman’s legs.

The Pack killed the second two of the three penalties off, and at 14:52 of the first rookie Dale Weise got a stick on Vladimir Denisov’s point shot, slowing it to a crawl and handcuffing Dennis, who could only watch as it trickled past him into the net, knotting the score at one. Greg Moore was credited with the secondary assist, one of two helpers he earned in the game.

Just over three minutes later rookie Justin Soryal gave the Pack the lead after Artem Anisimov spotted him coming off the bench on a line change. Anisimov, deep in the right corner, fed Soryal as he crossed the blue line undetected. Soryal was able to skate in to the top of the face off circle, were he whistled a snap shot over Dennis’ shoulder for his first professional goal.

That, basically, was the last positive thing the Pack did in the next 45 minutes of playing time.

In the second period, the Pack were soundly out-played by the Pirates, getting trapped in the defensive zone for long stretches of time, routinely losing races for the puck, taking too many penalties and spotting the Pirates an 11-3 advantage in shots, forcing Wiikman to make a number of quality saves.

The third period didn’t start much better, and, in fact, the Wolf Pack didn’t register a shot until after the 11 minute mark of the period, when they were awarded 1:24 of 5-on-3 power play time. By that time they’d already surrendered their second power play goal of the game, after Bobby Sanguinetti took his second minor penalty of the game and 5 foot 6 inch Pirate rookie Nathan Gerbe was able to walk around Potter and in on Wiikman, tying the score on the man advantage.

Sanguinetti almost redeemed himself by drawing the next penalty, which turned into the two-man advantage 36 seconds later, but once again the Pack were unable to cash in, and the teams would head to overtime.

Hartford finished the game 0 for 6 on the power play, giving them a season mark of 5 for 45 with the man advantage, or 11%. The shot advantage in the third once again went to Portland, though by a somewhat more respectable 9-6 margin.

In the extra frame, following some sloppy, frustrating play on their own side of center ice, the Wolf Pack managed to set up in the Portland zone, and after a nice keep-in by Brian Fahey, Moore fed Byers in the left face off circle. With plenty of time, Byers was able to wind up and fire a blistering slap shot past Dennis before the Portland goalie could even flinch, giving the Pack their improbable win.

For Fahey it was his first point as a member of the Wolf Pack. Byers’ goal was his fourth in 8 games, giving him the team lead in goals. Anisimov’s first period assist gave him 6 points in 8 games, tops on the team.

Notes:
* Brandon Sugden missed the game after injuring his thumb in a fight with Kevin Westgarth on Saturday.
* Sugden’s absence allowed Hugh Jessiman to return to the line up after missing two games as a healthy scratch.
* Lauri Korpikoski, re-assigned to Hartford by the Rangers on Wednesday afternoon, did not dress.
* Rangers general manager Glen Sather attended the game.

Pack Scoring:
1. Weise (2) (Denisov, Moore) 14:52
1. Soryal (1) (Anisimov, Murray) 18:00
OT. Byers (4) (Moore, Fahey) 3:16

Lines:
Byers - Pyatt - Parenteau
Dupont - Anisimov - Weise
Owens - Moore - Soryal
DiDiomete - Ouellette - Jessiman

Potter - Sanguinetti
Fahey - Denisov
Graham - Murray

Wiikman / Zaba

Three Stars:
1. Miika Wiikman
2. Dane Byers
3. Nathan Gerbe

http://www.beyondtheblueshirts.com/2...from-portland/

Old
10-29-2008, 11:18 PM
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him

Awards:
Did Specimen have any impact on the game whatsoever? Not a good sign when your only playing time comes due to an injury to a guy who has played the last two seasons in the goon league.

Though, I've heard from a number of people that Sugar has really turned his life around.

Old
10-29-2008, 11:35 PM
squishy

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyr2k2 View Post
Did Specimen have any impact on the game whatsoever?
Only a negative one, with a bad turnover in his own zone in the 3rd period. That said, he wasn't the only one to play a poor game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyr2k2 View Post
Not a good sign when your only playing time comes due to an injury to a guy who has played the last two seasons in the goon league.

Though, I've heard from a number of people that Sugar has really turned his life around.
He may have, but he's still a useless goon who sits at the end of the bench for all but 3-4 shifts per game.

Old
10-30-2008, 01:42 AM
Dagoon44

Quote:
Originally Posted by squishy View Post
Only a negative one, with a bad turnover in his own zone in the 3rd period. That said, he wasn't the only one to play a poor game.

He may have, but he's still a useless goon who sits at the end of the bench for all but 3-4 shifts per game.

Useless Goon LOL kind of like a clueless Blogger who has no idea what role players are?

Old
10-30-2008, 05:52 AM
BBKers

Send a message via Skype™ to BBKers
Um Squishy and Dagoon. It is getting quite cute to follow you two. Kinda like estranged love gone very sour...

Old
10-30-2008, 06:10 AM
squishy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dagoon44 View Post
Useless Goon LOL kind of like a clueless Blogger who has no idea what role players are?
I don't take personal shots at you, I would appreciate it if you would should me the same courtesy. Thanks.

Old
10-30-2008, 07:55 AM
Jarkko Immonen
#42 Artem Anisimov

Send a message via AIM to Jarkko Immonen
Quote:
You ought to just leave this topic. You have nothing to contribute to the kind of discussion we're trying to have.

Old
10-30-2008, 08:11 AM
TheZherdev

Quote:
was that called for? I didnt see squishy personally attack you in any way...

Closed Thread