HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > National Hockey League Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
National Hockey League Talk Discuss NHL players, teams, games, and the Stanley Cup Playoffs.

Ron Wilson is freaking hilarious...

Closed Thread

Old
10-29-2008, 09:04 PM
detredWINgs

vCash: 500
Wilson has always struck me as a starter coach. Hes a great coach for a team that has zero expectations, low expectations, or moderate expectations but with an underrated squad that realistically should have high expectations. But once hes the coach of a team who is as good as it can possibly be, something goes wrong. Its like he can't ever get over the hump or something.

In short, it seems like he can get any below average - average team to overperform, but once he has an above average team, they underperform. Its all quite strange to me..

Old
10-29-2008, 09:24 PM
Chileiceman

Quote:
Originally Posted by 417 View Post
Please...the Leafs are 3-3-3 and are in 10th place

You guys know what Ron Wilson is doing by knocking his team on an almost daily basis and throughout the whole offseason? He's lowering expectations...all we've heard the whole summer was how bad the Leafs were going to be, and now, anything they're doing is above expectation so it looks as though they're doing much better when in reality, they're as mediocre as they've been the last 3 or 4 years.

Ron Wilson's a smart man...everyone is buying it
My thoughts exactly. By complaining about how awful his team is no one can blame him at the end of the season when they miss the playoffs, because he'll just say, "see I told you so".

If they do happen to make it, it'll be seen as this great success story.

I think it actually helps alleviate the pressure off the players playing in a market like TO where they are always under the microscope.

Old
10-29-2008, 10:24 PM
Dolemite
The one...the only..

Quote:
Originally Posted by hototogisu View Post
He got into it pretty good with Ryan Rishaug on TSN during the playoffs last year when he was asked if he was disappointed in Patrick Marleau or something like that. Wilson started ripping on TSN/the Canadian media and how they're always looking for something negative to talk about. Which is why I thought it was funny that he would sign in a hockey media epicentre like Toronto.
He loves the media attention and knows how to use the media to his advantage. That much is clear. I thought it was a match made in heaven for Wilson when he signed in TO.

Closed Thread