Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Alex Tanguay

Old
10-29-2008, 10:54 AM
GoodKiwi

vCash: 500
Alex Tanguay

Hi, I wanted to give you guys a brief report on Alex Tanguay with the Habs so far into this young season. The guy has been great (6G-3A-9PTS, +6 in 8GP), definitely our best winger so far. Seemed to re-energize Koivu who leads the team in points and plus/minus. Their connection has been by far the most dangerous on our team.

Great in the shootouts, great vision on the ice and passing skill is amazing. I can see he's hesitant to shoot the puck sometimes, but with 6 goals he's been shooting at the empty net mostly. Seems to enjoy playing in Montreal so far, has mentioned that he is "having fun". Definitely answered all early questions and relived pressure by performing very well. Has this ability of being invisible and then, bam, setting someone up with a great pass out of nowhere. Fit this team like a glove, better than anyone has expected him to I'm sure.

If he continues like this, he's going to cost a lot on the open market next summer.

Anyway, hopefully someone was interested to read this shot summary on Alex. Not that I told you something you did not know already.

GoodKiwi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2008, 11:11 AM
StreakingRed
**Rebuild Ahead**

Good for him. I'm not the least bit surprised to hear he's fitting in well in Montreal.

StreakingRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2008, 01:19 PM
puck_08

Pretty much as I expected him to do..

It is good for him that he got off to such a good start, the pressure is off for now, which is when he performs his best.

puck_08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2008, 02:33 PM
Miko

Right on ,good for Tanguay.Its good to see he's off to a good start with the habs.

Tanguay just wasn't the right fit for the flames and vice-versa but i harbour no ill will against the guy.

Miko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2008, 03:05 PM
fancy dan*

Quote:
Originally Posted by puck_08 View Post
Pretty much as I expected him to do..

It is good for him that he got off to such a good start, the pressure is off for now, which is when he performs his best.
the pressure is off now? so there's less pressure in montreal then calgary? right.

the fact of the matter is tanguay was totally mismanaged by the flames. good to see him excelling elsewhere.

fancy dan* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2008, 03:13 PM
excape

Quote:
Originally Posted by ken conif View Post
the pressure is off now? so there's less pressure in montreal then calgary? right.

the fact of the matter is tanguay was totally mismanaged by the flames. good to see him excelling elsewhere.
I think that he had quite a bit of pressure on him in Calgary, more so than he has in Montreal just because he was the forward that most people counted on to produce after Iginla, of course (but even then, Iginla would probably get more free passes than Tanguay).

In Montreal he's got less pressure because of all the other forwards they have like Koivu, Kovalev, A. Kostitsyn, Plekanec. Their fans, I think, put more pressure on those guys than Tanguay.

excape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2008, 03:17 PM
OMGaudreau

He is an excellent secondary or complimentary player. Not surprised in the least that he is doing well for Montreal. We were robbed on the return for Alex imo.

OMGaudreau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2008, 04:19 PM
puck_08

Quote:
Originally Posted by ken conif View Post

He was totally mismanaged.. I agree 100%.
I'm referring to his pressure right now.. compared to when he started with the Flames, and to begin with him and Jarome didn't click right away, and then it seemed like nothing was working for a couple months..

Right now, he has had a much better start to his new team, so I am anticipating a better transition, and a better full year.

Old
10-29-2008, 04:30 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dion#3 View Post
He is an excellent secondary or complimentary player. Not surprised in the least that he is doing well for Montreal. We were robbed on the return for Alex imo.
While Alex has been just great for us, you'll to wait a little for the return. You'll have to wait how Nemisz and the 2009 2nd round draft pick will develop. And we'll have to wait and see how Tanguay will help us going further and if we'll be able to keep him. And also how the pick we got, Trunev, 2008 5th rounder, will develop also.

We'll see who won in a little while.....but not now. But seems to me that Nemisz could develop into a solid player in the future.

Whitesnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2008, 06:35 PM
tfong

Tangs was going to do better with the Habs anyways. He just dosen't suit Keenan's style of play and at least he has players of the same type in Montreal to play with. Prob everyone being French there also helps him aclimatize pretty quickly.

tfong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2008, 07:04 PM
bananaz

im very happy for him. it would have been a waste of talent for a player like tanguay to play on a 3rd line.

bananaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2008, 07:20 PM
Hyperkookeez*

this was pretty much expected

at least hes in the east so he cant burn the flames

Hyperkookeez* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2008, 07:31 PM
AZCOYOT

Bad fit here, I like our current identity here more than any time during the Tanguay/Huselius days.

Good riddance

AZCOYOT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2008, 09:24 PM
flamesfan12

Send a message via AIM to flamesfan12 Send a message via MSN to flamesfan12 Send a message via Yahoo to flamesfan12
Good for Tanguay. No hard feelings against him and it is nice to see him fitting in well.

flamesfan12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2008, 11:31 PM
Hyde

Quote:
Originally Posted by anonymous_j View Post
im very happy for him. it would have been a waste of talent for a player like tanguay to play on a 3rd line.
Third line? Tanguay never played on the third line.

Quote:
Originally Posted by flamesfan12 View Post
Good for Tanguay. No hard feelings against him and it is nice to see him fitting in well.
Have to agree with you. Plus he just looks so confident and is shooting the puck!

Hyde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2008, 11:32 PM
Dions shoulder

I was really disappointed that he did not develop chemistry with Iginla, I had high hopes.

I knew he would fit in better in Montreal, I am very happy for him.

Dions shoulder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-30-2008, 02:44 AM
tfong

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dions shoulder View Post
I was really disappointed that he did not develop chemistry with Iginla, I had high hopes.

I knew he would fit in better in Montreal, I am very happy for him.
Hard to fit anyone with Iggy when the lines keep getting changed after every couple shifts...

tfong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-30-2008, 01:14 PM
saillias

It bothers me a little that players like Tanguay don't fit in with the team. I hope the organization doesn't develop a reputation as a Francophone/Euro player graveyard.

saillias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-30-2008, 02:28 PM
bananaz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyde View Post
Third line? Tanguay never played on the third line.
im almost positive during the latter part of last season, tanguay didnt see a top6 role with calgary.

bananaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-30-2008, 02:56 PM
Hyde

Quote:
im almost positive during the latter part of last season, tanguay didnt see a top6 role with calgary.
Well, I am 100% positive that he played only in the top six. Here is a Fun fact for you as well, Alex Tanguay played more minutes for the Flames last season for any forward not named Jarome, or Daymond.

Hyde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-30-2008, 05:10 PM
puck_08

Quote:
Well good thing you said "almost" because you are wrong. However, his second line linemates were Conroy and Nolan, and he got PK duty, so he wasn't in the best situation to rack up the points, but he was definitely in the top 6.

Old
10-31-2008, 12:04 AM
Boardish

You guys are great fans.

OP would have been killed on pretty much every other boards.

Boardish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-31-2008, 12:22 AM
Noori

vCash: 1638
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boardish View Post
You guys are great fans.

OP would have been killed on pretty much every other boards.
It's not so much that we're great fans (though we are indeed great fans ), it has more to do with there being no bad blood between us and Tanguay. He never really fit here, I think Cammy fits the Flames identity better despite being about 3 feet shorter. Bertuzzi also fits in more than Huselius. I'm happy for Tangs, though I was initially a bit disappointed when he thought he deserved 1st line minutes due only to his pay check.

Noori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-31-2008, 12:22 AM
Ticonderoga

It was clear that he no longer fit here after last season.

Most of us wish him the best, but I still feel we could have gotten more for him

Ticonderoga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-31-2008, 12:41 AM
getoverit

couldnt agree more. Im still a big Tanguay fan, looks good on him, wish it would have worked out here urghhhhh and agree we gave up too much.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Classy Iggy View Post
It was clear that he no longer fit here after last season.

Most of us wish him the best, but I still feel we could have gotten more for him

getoverit is offline   Reply With Quote