HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

More line changes???

Closed Thread

Old
10-30-2008, 11:10 AM
Stormer

vCash: 500
More line changes???

How do you develop Chemistry????
What will Renney do if we go on a short losing streak???
Can he not leave anything alone for more than 3 games???

Old
10-30-2008, 11:13 AM
ruckus*

9-2-1

These lines haven't done anything to deserve being kept together. These have the potential to be our best lines. If he's going to go back to anything I'd hope it would be this. We're winning regardless.

Old
10-30-2008, 11:18 AM
Jaromir Jagr
New York Rangers Cup

It's actually a good idea. Naslund and Drury finally got their touch so now he moves them up with Gomez who has the touch already. With 3 people who had chem early in the season going, and the 2nd line back intact, our top six is deadly right now.

And the fourth line is the fourth line still, and the third liners are back where they belong.

Old
10-30-2008, 11:22 AM
frankthefrowner

Im pretty eh whatever on the line changes, this is what renney does. But seriously what has Petr Prucha done in the last 3 games to get scratched?? Im not a gigantic Prucha fan like some are. But you cant deny he's been good! So why change that????

Old
10-30-2008, 11:26 AM
DontStepanMe

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankthefrowner View Post
Im pretty eh whatever on the line changes, this is what renney does. But seriously what has Petr Prucha done in the last 3 games to get scratched?? Im not a gigantic Prucha fan like some are. But you cant deny he's been good! So why change that????
I'm w/ you on Prucha (i know coming from me its hard to believe) but he has done nothing wrong besides not scoring. He definately deserves a spot over dawes and fritsche. By the way I still think we should trade him for dp's if we can.

Old
10-30-2008, 11:40 AM
GAGLine

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankthefrowner View Post
Mainly because you don't want Fritsche sitting for too long. For him to get some time, someone has to come out. Maybe Dawes should be the one to sit, but it's also possible they have a deal in the works for Prucha and don't want to risk injury.

TBH, it really doesn't matter. These are interchangeable parts. None of them are really producing to the point where they HAVE to be in the lineup every night.

Old
10-30-2008, 12:01 PM
Fletch

for playing 10 minutes per game, I don't think you can ask much more of Prucha. He's getting the puck deep, chasing it, cycling with it - that's what third/fourth liners do. So he's not hurting anyone or striking fear, but when you're out there for 9-10 minutes, your job is to make sure you have quality shifts and occasionally a goal will come your way. He's shown he deserves to be in the lineup. Heck, he's shown more than Dawes, that's for sure. And if he keeps playing, the goals will come. But realize that with 10 minutes of ice time, he's not going to score 15 goals. Of course, the Rangers are unfortunately paying $1.6MM for that - so either they trade him, waive him or play him. Those are the only thee options I'm seeing right now.

Old
10-30-2008, 12:02 PM
Clearthezone

With all this talk about breaking up lines and playing one guy over another, I got to wondering why Renney always seems to 'stick to his guns' when it comes to his fourth line. Does a Colton Orr type player really need to play all 82 games? What does an enforcer bring to the table when facing speedier, less physical opponents?

Old
10-30-2008, 12:02 PM
Fletch

GAG - the Rangers could also be "showcasing" Fritsche. I assume that if a deal's in works it would be something not too complicated and he would have been gone by now.

Old
10-30-2008, 12:13 PM
Melrose_Jr.

This discussion is already being held in the GDT.

Closed Thread