HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Alfie close to signing 4 year ~20 million dollar deal

Closed Thread

Old
10-30-2008, 11:50 AM
MuffinMan*

vCash: 500
Alfie is awesome. This is the second contract he has signed below his market value in order to ensure the team can spend money elsewhere. This comes after he allowed the Sens to defer his paycheck when the franchise was bankrupt in 2003 so that all his teammates could receive their paychecks.

Old
10-30-2008, 12:31 PM
TheHMan

He's always been a great guy for the city and it seems like he's willing to sacrifice a bit to stay here. My brother ran into him several years ago, he's every bit as nice as you'd see him in interviews and was perfectly willing to chat it up with a complete stranger.

This is great news

Old
10-30-2008, 12:37 PM
IdiotsPickedMyName*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qubax View Post
He is going to be like 40 years old when it's over... Shanahan is 39, Sundin is 38...not sure how Alffy will look at 40....

Great player, don't get me wrong...but as much of a discount as it seems, he will be pretty old when it's over.

Mind you if anyone can look good at 40 it's Alffy...
Considering he's had a cap hit of $4.8mil for the last few seasons and has been putting up 100 point seasons, as one of the leagues top players I don't think anyone is going to mind Alfie at $5.5mil in 2 years.

Old
10-30-2008, 12:44 PM
bcred

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qubax View Post
He is going to be like 40 years old when it's over... Shanahan is 39, Sundin is 38...not sure how Alffy will look at 40....

Great player, don't get me wrong...but as much of a discount as it seems, he will be pretty old when it's over.

Mind you if anyone can look good at 40 it's Alffy...
He missed 1 total game with arthroscopic knee surgery. I know it wasn't major or anything, but really. You gotta be impressed by the fitness of anyone who can recover from surgery to only miss 1 game

Old
10-30-2008, 12:56 PM
DownInFlames

Tsn.ca says its a done deal as well.

Old
10-30-2008, 01:15 PM
Qubax

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcred View Post
He missed 1 total game with arthroscopic knee surgery. I know it wasn't major or anything, but really. You gotta be impressed by the fitness of anyone who can recover from surgery to only miss 1 game
yah he's done well and right now he is still 35...he doesn't turn until December....in 4 or 5 years when he's 40 it's hard to say how he'll stand up to the rigors...very few proffessional athletes do...mind you if anyone can, I contend that Alffy might be the guy...

just saying dude will be pretty old...

Closed Thread