HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Valentenko signed in Russia

Old
10-30-2008, 01:59 PM
Ozymandias
#firetherrien

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadienErrant View Post
No one can blame them to want to play in a league that is paying so much tax-free salaries, in their home country, speaking their own language, in front of their own fans and families, and with their own style of hockey.

Loosing him is not the end of the world. The Habs have many others better than him in the organization.

Yeah, the mafia doesn't call it a tax, they call it a "protection fee".

And that's when the team actually pays the players. Haven't you heard the many stories about salaries not coming up in due time?

Ozymandias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-30-2008, 02:00 PM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kovalev the Great View Post

I have the feeling he was a fetish .... everyone just loved him including myself... but to say he was close to play here... man... seriously, the kid just aint close to being ready for the nhl ...
Says you. I saw most of Hamilton's games last year and imo he was their best defensemen. This year he got a lot of flak for the preseason but he started off slowly last year (he flat out sucked in the first month last season imo) so who's to say he wouldn't have been of of the top D's on the team again this year and be knocking on the door for a spot next year. Granted maybe he wouldn't make the team, but to say he aint close to being ready for the nhl, to me is plain false.

montreal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-30-2008, 02:01 PM
CanadienErrant*

Valentenko and his agent(s) are no dummy. They have seen during the training camp that Pavel has fallen lower in the depth chart behind Weber and Subban.

Something that is ironic. In the past, it was the Russian players that were defecting to play in North America. Now, they are doing the opposite to play back home...

CanadienErrant* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-30-2008, 02:04 PM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Quote:
Valentenko and his agent(s) are no dummy. They have seen during the training camp that Pavel has fallen lower in the depth chart behind Weber and Subban.
I don't know how that's possible since Weber and Subban play on the right side and Tank is a LD.

Old
10-30-2008, 02:07 PM
CanadienErrant*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozymandias View Post
Yeah, the mafia doesn't call it a tax, they call it a "protection fee".

And that's when the team actually pays the players. Haven't you heard the many stories about salaries not coming up in due time?
If they choose to play under those underworld's rules, it's up to them. If money is everything, then... .

CanadienErrant* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-30-2008, 02:08 PM
Team_Spirit
Gangsta Pleks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kovalev the Great View Post

I have the feeling he was a fetish .... everyone just loved him including myself... but to say he was close to play here... man... seriously, the kid just aint close to being ready for the nhl ...
I only watched a handfull of Bulldogs games last year but to me he looked close to the big league. He's the kind of steady physical D that look good on the 3rd pair playing 10-12 minutes..unlike Carle or Weber who are offensive D's.

Team_Spirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-30-2008, 02:09 PM
mcphee

Quote:
Originally Posted by montreal View Post
I don't know how that's possible since Weber and Subban play on the right side and Tank is a LD.
party pooper, using facts when we're using baseless suppositions.

As much as I like to speculate, it seems our collective blood pressure levels would be better served by letting the stoty unfold. There are a lot of reasons, personal and professional that can precipitate this and from a player's standpoint, it's good that they have options, as much as I hate the idea of losing guys that you mentally pencil into your future lineup.

mcphee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-30-2008, 02:10 PM
HomaridII

Quote:
Lets face it, we have Markov - Komisarek duo which will be in Montreal for a long time, we have Hamrlik signed for the next 2-3 years, as well as Gorges, which means we already have 4 D-Men signed.

In terms of depth, where does Valentenko fit? Webber, Subban, Carle McDonaugh and I'll even put Emelin in there are ahead of Valentenko on the depth chart. He did the smart thing in going to Russia.

HomaridII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-30-2008, 02:10 PM
Qui Gon Dave

Quote:
Not to mention that Pavel is a physical, defensive Dman who perhaps has offensive upside while the other two are known primarily for their offensive skills.

Qui Gon Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-30-2008, 02:16 PM
guest1467

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomaridII View Post
Lets face it, we have Markov - Komisarek duo which will be in Montreal for a long time, we have Hamrlik signed for the next 2-3 years, as well as Gorges, which means we already have 4 D-Men signed.

In terms of depth, where does Valentenko fit? Webber, Subban, Carle McDonaugh and I'll even put Emelin in there are ahead of Valentenko on the depth chart. He did the smart thing in going to Russia.
The only two defensemen you named that has a chance to compete for a spot next year are Weber and Carle. None of the other guys will be ready to step into the NHL when we lose Bouillion. Besides, we have no idea if any of these players will pan out. As far as I was concerned, Valentenko had the lead in landing the Boullion spot next season.

guest1467 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-30-2008, 02:21 PM
Lord Horse
Next Day's News

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blades 0f Steel View Post
5th rounder 2 years ago that developed into a physical D with a great shot. Yeah, we can afford to lose guys like that...

Lord Horse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-30-2008, 02:22 PM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcphee View Post
party pooper, using facts when we're using baseless suppositions.

As much as I like to speculate, it seems our collective blood pressure levels would be better served by letting the stoty unfold. There are a lot of reasons, personal and professional that can precipitate this and from a player's standpoint, it's good that they have options, as much as I hate the idea of losing guys that you mentally pencil into your future lineup.
I'm sorry, I'll refraine from using facts and logic and from now on I'll join the masses in overreaction that always seems to occur around here. Damn Russian's, first Perezhogin now Valentenko and who knows if we will ever see Emelin or Korneev or Burturlin or Andrei Kruchinin or Andrei Sidyakin (yes we own their rights, whoops another fact my bad again) that's it no more Russians at the draft Timmins!

Quote:

Counting your chickens before they hatch? When Komisarek is signed then we'll have a Markov-Komisarek duo. Granted we still own his rights for another 9 months, who's to say what will happen, I fully expect him back but until he's signed it's hard to count him in next years lineup.

As for depth, McDonagh I expect to turn pro over the summer, and who knows if we will ever see Emelin or not. So in terms of depth, Valentenko is right up there behind McDonagh for our LD prospects in potential and nhl readyness. Subban, Carle and Weber might be able to play the LD position, I don't know how they would do at the NHL level on their off positions, some guys seem to be able to play both sides, others it's downright ugly.

Old
10-30-2008, 02:28 PM
Gros Bill

Quote:
I'm sorry, I'll refraine from using facts and logic and from now on I'll join the masses in overreaction that always seems to occur around here. Damn Russian's, first Perezhogin now Valentenko and who knows if we will ever see Emelin or Korneev or Burturlin or Andrei Kruchinin or Andrei Sidyakin (yes we own their rights, whoops another fact my bad again) that's it no more Russians at the draft Timmins!
Well, it's about time!

Gros Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-30-2008, 02:29 PM
Marksman

Whos next? Kovalev?

Marksman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-30-2008, 02:31 PM
Beakermania*

Quote:

Weber, Subban, and Carle are RD....

Valentenko is a LD....

If you want to put McD ahead of him fine... McD is a better prospect, higher upside, etc... but Valentenko was our closest to NHL ready LD prospect and that hurts. There is a possible opening at LD next year in Bouillion's spot.... Maybe now Gorges has to switch sides if Weber, Carle, or Subban is gonna take the RD spot.

Beakermania* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-30-2008, 02:32 PM
loadie
Official Beer Taster

Quote:
Originally Posted by habfan4 View Post
I like where this thread is going, I'm a huge fan of generalizations and internet muscle flexing.

Carry on.
Pffft...I just did 3 push-ups and 4 deep knee bends, bring it on geek!!

loadie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-30-2008, 02:35 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

I'm the guy who report the news today....

From CKAC. ca....

Quote:
Le Canadien aurait donné la permission au défenseur de faire le saut de l'autre côté de l'Atlantique pour le reste de la campagne.

Valentenko a signé une entente pour le reste de la saison et deux années d'option. Il aura donc le choix de revenir avec le Canadien à la conclusion de la présente campagne.
Habs gave him the permission to go. Valentenko did sign a 3-year contract but the last 2 being option years. Valentenko would have the choice to comeback after this season.

If you go and visit that site....please remember that the picture that you are seeing is indeed Valentenko.....a little shorter and speaks french, but it should not refrain yourself to still think that CKAC is a reliable site....

http://www.corussports.com/canadiens...0-1253373.html

Whitesnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-30-2008, 02:39 PM
mcphee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gros Bill View Post
Well, it's about time!
I'm holding him personally responsible for Buturlin. I'm not talking to him anymore. Tell Montreal that in future I'll communicate to him thru you.

mcphee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-30-2008, 02:41 PM
Fozz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
I'm the guy who report the news today....

From CKAC. ca....

Habs gave him the permission to go. Valentenko did sign a 3-year contract but the last 2 being option years. Valentenko would have the choice to comeback after this season.

If you go and visit that site....please remember that the picture that you are seeing is indeed Valentenko.....a little shorter and speaks french, but it should not refrain yourself to still think that CKAC is a reliable site....

http://www.corussports.com/canadiens...0-1253373.html
That's probably the only post in this whole thread worth a damn. Thanks man.
I figured the Habs knew about this all along and that there's a perfectly simple reason why he went back home.

Fozz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-30-2008, 02:44 PM
habsprospects
Irresponsible User

What The ****!!!

Habs Prospects website
habsprospects is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-30-2008, 02:54 PM
JTWymanFan*

Quote:

Something that is ironic. In the past, it was the Russian players that were defecting to play in North America. Now, they are doing the opposite to play back home...
Quote:

Zing !!!

He in no way is threatened by these two defenseman.

JTWymanFan* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-30-2008, 03:02 PM
totalrecall

This is quite the bad news.... damn we had good hopes for him

totalrecall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-30-2008, 03:09 PM
Psycho Papa Joe
Porkchop Hoser

Quote:
This LD, RD stuff is way overblown. The 1981 CCCP team had like 2 right handed shots on the entire roster. Any player can be taught his off-side.

Psycho Papa Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-30-2008, 03:16 PM
Mtl6

Quote:
And they don't have the same style of play. They would'nt be recalled for the same reasons.

Mtl6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-30-2008, 03:18 PM
emb24*

this is a loss. he's a LD, close to the NHL - and the ONLY d - between the likes of carle, subban and weber that plays a shut down physical game. we only have one guy who plays that way. komi.

don't tell me about hammer or cube.

cube's too small and hammer doesn't have the mean streak of a valentenko.

too bad because if he had had a good camp, he might still be here and breezer would've been waved

emb24* is offline   Reply With Quote