HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Game #13 - 10.30.08 | Atlanta Thrashers @ NY Rangers | 7:00 PM - MSG(HD)

Old
10-30-2008, 11:20 AM
Jaromir Jagr
New York Rangers Cup

vCash: 500
If we lose this game, I'll be very very disappointed...

Not surprised, but disappointed..

Jaromir Jagr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-30-2008, 11:20 AM
94now

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK2794 View Post
Poor Prucha. He played hard enough to deserve a spot in the lineup for the 3rd consecutive game. Fritsche overr Dawes I could understand, but this is just wrong for Pruchas confidence.
Pru is here to stay. His confidence should have been ruined long ago. Yet, it isn't. He is a spare wing. Those do not play every game.

94now is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-30-2008, 11:27 AM
Melrose_Jr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 94now View Post
There is no other way to give Dan a hard ( and may be final) look.
Well, in the few looks he's gotten, he certainly hasn't earned another. He hasn't played a single game at the level that Prucha or Korpikoski have consistently turned in, so as far as I'm concerned, he's gotta wait for an injury to get the next chance.

Melrose_Jr. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-30-2008, 11:33 AM
AK2794

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melrose_Jr. View Post
Well, in the few looks he's gotten, he certainly hasn't earned another. He hasn't played a single game at the level that Prucha or Korpikoski have consistently turned in, so as far as I'm concerned, he's gotta wait for an injury to get the next chance.
This is my line of thinking as well. He hasn't stepped up when Prucha clearly has separated himself from Fritsche. Prucha earned the right to play again, while Dan really hasnt done much at all this season.

AK2794 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-30-2008, 11:36 AM
94now

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melrose_Jr. View Post
He may be showcased. Should I be Atlanta, I'd trade Kovalchuk for Drury, Fritsche and Rismiller. This way you get complete line for one guy that swtches from asset to dead wood every game. Too bad we stuck with Drury, but there may be other takers.

94now is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-30-2008, 11:46 AM
Jaromir Jagr
New York Rangers Cup

Quote:
Originally Posted by 94now View Post
He may be showcased. Should I be Atlanta, I'd trade Kovalchuk for Drury, Fritsche and Rismiller. This way you get complete line for one guy that swtches from asset to dead wood every game. Too bad we stuck with Drury, but there may be other takers.
Wow is this a serious post?

Old
10-30-2008, 11:58 AM
TheZherdev

at least the playstation line is together again. But man Prucha must have his head down on a table somewhere thinking, what the hell do i have to do? At this point id send Prucha down to hartford for a conditioning stint for nothing more than to maybe get some confidence back.

TheZherdev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-30-2008, 12:09 PM
DutchShamrock

Sjostrom only needed 1 game to win his spot... actually just 1 shift. Maybe no one has won that last spot, but I don't understand the rationale that these guys need more and more games to prove themselves. I think we've seen what these guys have to offer. It's time to settle on a lineup.

DutchShamrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-30-2008, 12:13 PM
Jaromir Jagr
New York Rangers Cup

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackburn2727 View Post
at least the playstation line is together again. But man Prucha must have his head down on a table somewhere thinking, what the hell do i have to do? At this point id send Prucha down to hartford for a conditioning stint for nothing more than to maybe get some confidence back.
Can't just send people down for "confidence", he'd have to pass through waivers. That's only if a player is injured and needs to get back into game shape.

Old
10-30-2008, 12:26 PM
Fletch

I do think 94's post is serious...what else would you get for a consistent 25+ goal scorer with leadership capabalities such as Drury who's been so great in the locker room and instrumental to the team's current start.

OK, now back to reality...if this is a "showcase" of Fritsche, then fine, he deserves to be showcased and if it works, great. At some point, however, if there aren't biters, he's going to have to get into the spot through an injury or a string of poor games by Prucha, Sjo, Dawes, or Orr, or even Voros at some point if the high comes down for him to get back into the lineup (provided, of course, he's working hard in practice).

Fletch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-30-2008, 12:26 PM
FLYLine24*

Even not being a big Prucha fan.....that move is ridiculous. There is no reason why Fritshe should be playing instead of him.

6-1 otl.

FLYLine24* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-30-2008, 12:30 PM
Fletch

Crash..

if Prucha agrees to a conditioning stint, I don't think he'd have to pass through waivers. Not sure if he needs to go to HFD to get confidence. He needs NHL playing time to get confidence. He needs to feel he's going to get rewarded for decent play. If he's not going to get that here, I really don't understand why he's here.

Fletch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-30-2008, 12:32 PM
FLYLine24*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fletch View Post
if Prucha agrees to a conditioning stint, I don't think he'd have to pass through waivers. Not sure if he needs to go to HFD to get confidence. He needs NHL playing time to get confidence. He needs to feel he's going to get rewarded for decent play. If he's not going to get that here, I really don't understand why he's here.
I dont think they can just assign him for a conditioning stint for no reason can they? I thought the player had to be coming off some sort of injury..? Not 100% sure though.

edit - alright someone already said this.

FLYLine24* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-30-2008, 01:02 PM
Levitate

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYLine88 View Post
I dont think they can just assign him for a conditioning stint for no reason can they? I thought the player had to be coming off some sort of injury..? Not 100% sure though.

edit - alright someone already said this.
Yeah you can assign someone to a conditioning stint for no reason, but they have to agree to it.

Levitate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-30-2008, 01:06 PM
drewcon40

I have a feeling Fritssssche is going to have a good game. I think Dawes should sit but Fritssche should get another shot.

drewcon40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-30-2008, 01:10 PM
trueblue9441

Send a message via AIM to trueblue9441
i dont know if anyone noticed but per zipays blog, the game will start out with the same lines as monday night.

trueblue9441 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-30-2008, 01:29 PM
Maineice11

vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to Maineice11
according to same the Renney's "intent" is to keep the same lines as monday, but he had those other lines practicing today, so we shall see...whatever the line up...LET'S GO RANGERS!!!

Maineice11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-30-2008, 01:38 PM
MikeyLikesHockey

Yeah let's send our best conditioned player down for a conditioning stint.

Putting the Playstation line together again is a good idea. See if Drury clicks again. I think the big thing is no one really produced vs. the Isles. It was a bunch of sloppy goals. More like the Isles let the Rags get those goals.

I like Z back with Dubi. And seriously thinking here about Sundin, if we do sign him, and that's a big if....Gomez will be gone, he's the only one we can really trade. Fritche between Dawes and Callahan, has to be tried once.

Now the only reason to move Gomer is that he is one of those players that you can't just plug into a line and have him produce. Needless to say, the roster will change up in the coming weeks.

Trade likelihood

Gomez - 50%
Prucha - 75%
Fritche - 25%

MikeyLikesHockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-30-2008, 01:45 PM
NYR Viper

i would move sjostrom up to the third line and move fritsche down to the 4th....if the kid wants to play he has to show something before he can play on the 3rd.....plus sjotrom has played really well and callahan can center that line

NYR Viper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-30-2008, 01:47 PM
Shake and Bake

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeyGSpot View Post
Yeah let's send our best conditioned player down for a conditioning stint.

Putting the Playstation line together again is a good idea. See if Drury clicks again. I think the big thing is no one really produced vs. the Isles. It was a bunch of sloppy goals. More like the Isles let the Rags get those goals.

I like Z back with Dubi. And seriously thinking here about Sundin, if we do sign him, and that's a big if....Gomez will be gone, he's the only one we can really trade. Fritche between Dawes and Callahan, has to be tried once.

Now the only reason to move Gomer is that he is one of those players that you can't just plug into a line and have him produce. Needless to say, the roster will change up in the coming weeks.

Trade likelihood

Gomez - 50%
Prucha - 75%
Fritche - 25%

There is no chance Gomer will be traded in order to sign Sundin. They are better off with Gomez anyway and it makes no sense trading away Scottie who is younger and clearly works in our system. Gomez is living up to his contract- why try to dump him?

Shake and Bake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-30-2008, 02:20 PM
irishlaxburger2

NHL Gamecenter at NHL.com is free for tonights game for those that watch the games streaming online. Pretty good quality and live too.

irishlaxburger2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-30-2008, 02:22 PM
TheZherdev

it still amazes me how much everyone wants to trade our leading point scorer...

TheZherdev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-30-2008, 02:24 PM
RangersAM99

com on rags get this W

RangersAM99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-30-2008, 02:29 PM
In The Flesh

Fritsche over Prucha?? What the hell? He better make himself noticable.

In The Flesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-30-2008, 02:37 PM
Melrose_Jr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by trueblue9441 View Post
i dont know if anyone noticed but per zipays blog, the game will start out with the same lines as monday night.
...but does confirm that Fristche is in.

http://blogs.trb.com/sports/hockey/rangers/blog/

Quote:
Dan Fritsche will dress for the fourth time, in place of Petr Prucha. "Danny has had a little more luck scoring at this point in time, their games are similar, maybe he can pot one for us," said Renney. Although he appeared to be at center on some line rushes, Fritsche told me afterward that he wasn't and would be on the wing.
I must have missed all this "scoring" that Fritsche has provided. Sounds like Renney didn't think much of Prucha's effort against the Isles if he feels their "games are similar".

Melrose_Jr. is offline   Reply With Quote