HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

10/30/08 Montreal @ Minnesota 8:00PM EDT RDS (HD)

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
10-30-2008, 06:58 PM
  #101
speed11
Registered User
 
speed11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Country:
Posts: 4,500
vCash: 500
i just pounded a beer to get ready for this bore fest thinking the game was at 7...

speed11 is offline  
Old
10-30-2008, 07:01 PM
  #102
Habinger
 
Habinger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Toronto
Posts: 111
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by buddahsmoka1 View Post
You might be subject to blackout.
Don't blackouts only apply to games that are not sold out? Or does this have something to do with TV ad revenue in the local market?

Habinger is offline  
Old
10-30-2008, 07:05 PM
  #103
guest1467
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 24,824
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habinger View Post
Don't blackouts only apply to games that are not sold out? Or does this have something to do with TV ad revenue in the local market?
Beaker would be able to explain better than me but it is the act of avoiding showing games in the local area through a national telecast or supplier. If you were to purchase CI in Montreal, you would not get any Habs games because the local channels all have rights in the area.

guest1467 is offline  
Old
10-30-2008, 07:05 PM
  #104
Galchenyuk x 27
Registered User
 
Galchenyuk x 27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,807
vCash: 1976
Quote:
Originally Posted by speed11 View Post
i just pounded a beer to get ready for this bore fest thinking the game was at 7...
In all fairness, the game is at 7.
Just not here in Montreal

Galchenyuk x 27 is offline  
Old
10-30-2008, 07:06 PM
  #105
Beakermania*
 
Beakermania*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Kingston or Hamilton
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,964
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by buddahsmoka1 View Post
Beaker would be able to explain better than me but it is the act of avoiding showing games in the local area through a national telecast or supplier. If you were to purchase CI in Montreal, you would not get any Habs games because the local channels all have rights in the area.
Exactly... since it is on RDS and RDS is a local channel, you can't get the centre ice feed. They want you to watch it on RDS.... boost their ratings, watch their commercials, etc...

Its a centre Ice blackout... not a full TV blackout.

I'm a little confused about how the legalities of this work though....

For example if you have the full Roger's Sportsnet package and they have local coverage of the Oilers on their Western feed... and you live in the Leafs region... they have to black that out cause they are not to compete with Leafs local coverage. However you can get RDS in the Leafs region cause it is french it is said to be not competing. So i don't understand why the English CI feed is blacked out as competition to the French RDS feed in Montreal.

Beakermania* is offline  
Old
10-30-2008, 07:07 PM
  #106
Galchenyuk x 27
Registered User
 
Galchenyuk x 27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,807
vCash: 1976
WTK is not in montreal though, nor in Quebec.
The blackout probably wont be in affect for him.

Galchenyuk x 27 is offline  
Old
10-30-2008, 07:10 PM
  #107
JTWymanFan*
 
JTWymanFan*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Bromont,Qc
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,012
vCash: 500
Why in **** is Dandy still playing on this team ? I would MUCH rather have Begin out there in his place, at least he is a REAL forward. Do you think we could leave him in Minny ?

JTWymanFan* is offline  
Old
10-30-2008, 07:12 PM
  #108
TheDamned
"Only in Montréal"
 
TheDamned's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Montréal
Posts: 9,281
vCash: 500
I want Laraque ffs

TheDamned is offline  
Old
10-30-2008, 07:14 PM
  #109
Galchenyuk x 27
Registered User
 
Galchenyuk x 27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,807
vCash: 1976
Quote:
Originally Posted by CabbageLegs View Post
Why in **** is Dandy still playing on this team ? I would MUCH rather have Begin out there in his place, at least he is a REAL forward. Do you think we could leave him in Minny ?
another poster hating just for the sake of hating.

do people actually watch the games?
Dandenault has not been bad this year.
and last game that fourth line was our best line 5 on 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDamned View Post
I want Laraque ffs
Boogard is not playing.

Galchenyuk x 27 is offline  
Old
10-30-2008, 07:15 PM
  #110
Habinger
 
Habinger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Toronto
Posts: 111
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beakermania View Post
Exactly... since it is on RDS and RDS is a local channel, you can't get the centre ice feed. They want you to watch it on RDS.... boost their ratings, watch their commercials, etc...

Its a centre Ice blackout... not a full TV blackout.

I'm a little confused about how the legalities of this work though....

For example if you have the full Roger's Sportsnet package and they have local coverage of the Oilers on their Western feed... and you live in the Leafs region... they have to black that out cause they are not to compete with Leafs local coverage. However you can get RDS in the Leafs region cause it is french it is said to be not competing. So i don't understand why the English CI feed is blacked out as competition to the French RDS feed in Montreal.
Ah, gotchya makes sense I guess. I'm in Toronto (born and raised in Montreal) and get RDS so I'll stick to that.I go to cjad.com and pause the game on the pvr so the audio and video can get in sync.

Habinger is offline  
Old
10-30-2008, 07:16 PM
  #111
NewBlood
Registered User
 
NewBlood's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,021
vCash: 500
It's always dangerous to play against a backup who's playing his 1st game of the season. Harding will wanna prove he deserves ice time.

NewBlood is offline  
Old
10-30-2008, 07:19 PM
  #112
guest1467
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 24,824
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewBlood View Post
It's always dangerous to play against a backup who's playing his 1st game of the season. Harding will wanna prove he deserves ice time.
Or he could come out cold and lay an egg.

guest1467 is offline  
Old
10-30-2008, 07:20 PM
  #113
JTWymanFan*
 
JTWymanFan*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Bromont,Qc
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,012
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaydee96 View Post
another poster hating just for the sake of hating.

do people actually watch the games?
Dandenault has not been bad this year.
and last game that fourth line was our best line 5 on 5



Boogard is not playing.
Wrong answer... I have never liked Dandy's game, i have known him personally since he was young, i still hang with his half brothers here in Bromont. They and he are well aware of my dislike for him playing forward for the Montreal Canadiens.

Whats with the personal bashing about me even watching the games ? I probably haven't missed a game since i was 10 ( Saturday night only of course ). I am now 42. Thats a hell of alot of Habs hockey

and for the last line, it wasn't because of dandy the fourth line played well. It was all Kosto and Lappy period

JTWymanFan* is offline  
Old
10-30-2008, 07:25 PM
  #114
Galchenyuk x 27
Registered User
 
Galchenyuk x 27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,807
vCash: 1976
Quote:
Originally Posted by CabbageLegs View Post
Wrong answer... I have never liked Dandy's game, i have known him personally since he was young, i still hang with his half brothers here in Bromont. They and he are well aware of my dislike for him playing forward for the Montreal Canadiens.

Whats with the personal bashing about me even watching the games ? I probably haven't missed a game since i was 10 ( Saturday night only of course ). I am now 42. Thats a hell of alot of Habs hockey

and for the last line, it wasn't because of dandy the fourth line played well. It was all Kosto and Lappy period
Again, it is your dislike for Dandy that is talking.
Ask the poster natey how i am when it comes to Brisebois. I cant handle him and often bash him even when he plays good.
Dandenault is not my favorite, and although i agree he should stick to playing only D, he has not been bad this year.
I did not personally attack you. alot of posters have been on Dandy's case for no good reason.

A line is 3 players, without all 3, you cant play good, the proof....Pleks is sleeping and slowing down the other 2 on his line.

Galchenyuk x 27 is offline  
Old
10-30-2008, 07:29 PM
  #115
Beakermania*
 
Beakermania*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Kingston or Hamilton
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,964
vCash: 500
I agree with Jaydee.... Dandy played a very solid game on Tuesday. I especially liked his work on the PK.

Beakermania* is offline  
Old
10-30-2008, 07:32 PM
  #116
JTWymanFan*
 
JTWymanFan*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Bromont,Qc
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,012
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beakermania View Post
I agree with Jaydee.... Dandy played a very solid game on Tuesday. I especially liked his work on the PK.

Why does this not surprise me ?

JTWymanFan* is offline  
Old
10-30-2008, 07:39 PM
  #117
Magic33
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: MTL
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,563
vCash: 500
Dandy hasn't played poorly. If there is one thing dandy will give you every single night, it is hard work. He works and works all night long, and does his job well as a fourth liner. I have nothing to complain about. If he was playing on the 2nd or 3rd line maybe, but as a fourth liner, he does his job as well as anyone else.

Magic33 is offline  
Old
10-30-2008, 07:41 PM
  #118
NewBlood
Registered User
 
NewBlood's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,021
vCash: 500
Any websites where I can follow the game from work?

NewBlood is offline  
Old
10-30-2008, 07:42 PM
  #119
Beakermania*
 
Beakermania*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Kingston or Hamilton
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,964
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CabbageLegs View Post
Why does this not surprise me ?
Ask Jaydee.... I've argued with him many times over hockey issues...

Dandy's play though isn't one of them.

However I don't want Dandenault on this team long term at his cap hit, hes not worth it.

Beakermania* is offline  
Old
10-30-2008, 07:45 PM
  #120
Galchenyuk x 27
Registered User
 
Galchenyuk x 27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,807
vCash: 1976
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magic33 View Post
Dandy hasn't played poorly. If there is one thing dandy will give you every single night, it is hard work. He works and works all night long, and does his job well as a fourth liner. I have nothing to complain about. If he was playing on the 2nd or 3rd line maybe, but as a fourth liner, he does his job as well as anyone else.
Thats exactly it.
On the 4th line he is fine, He knows his role, he does it well, and imho he doe sit better then Begin. Begin drew his last straw with me in the first game of the season.
Against Philly in the playoffs he frustrated me to no end with his penalty that cost us the game in Philly, but i some how forgave him.

Then the first game of the season he takes two penalties on the same shift for slashing hitting with his stick, I wanted to go to Buffalo and punch him in the fae for how stupid he looked.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beakermania View Post
Ask Jaydee.... I've argued with him many times over hockey issues...

Dandy's play though isn't one of them.

However I don't want Dandenault on this team long term at his cap hit, hes not worth it.

i was gonna say the same thing.
Beaker and I have had our fair share of disagreement when it comes to hockey discussion.

Everyone can agree Dandy long term is a no-no.

Galchenyuk x 27 is offline  
Old
10-30-2008, 07:50 PM
  #121
GoneAway
Guest
 
Country:
Posts: n/a
vCash:
Its ok guys...Im here now

 
Old
10-30-2008, 08:03 PM
  #122
Beakermania*
 
Beakermania*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Kingston or Hamilton
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,964
vCash: 500
GO HABS GO

Beakermania* is offline  
Old
10-30-2008, 08:04 PM
  #123
Riverside Habs Fan
Registered User
 
Riverside Habs Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,079
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Riverside Habs Fan Send a message via MSN to Riverside Habs Fan
what on earth is Pierre wearing?

Riverside Habs Fan is offline  
Old
10-30-2008, 08:05 PM
  #124
Maliki2
Registered User
 
Maliki2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Saint Albans, VT
Country: United States
Posts: 10,503
vCash: 500
Come on guys, three periods of GOOD hockey please!!

Maliki2 is offline  
Old
10-30-2008, 08:05 PM
  #125
Galchenyuk x 27
Registered User
 
Galchenyuk x 27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,807
vCash: 1976
Koivu parents are in the building

Mikko was a Habs fan before going to Minnisota

Galchenyuk x 27 is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:17 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.