HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Brian Boyle

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
10-30-2008, 11:38 AM
  #1
Jame
Dream '16
 
Jame's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Florida
Country: Pitcairn Islands
Posts: 36,236
vCash: 500
Brian Boyle

What is his trade value? What is his availability? What would LA want in return?

Jame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-30-2008, 11:45 AM
  #2
GoKingsGo94
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 92
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jame View Post
What is his trade value? What is his availability? What would LA want in return?
Depends on the team wanting him. I don't think Boyle alone will land the Kings anything of value but Boyle and like a 2nd round in 09 or Boyle, Calder and a 2nd would land something valuable.

GoKingsGo94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-30-2008, 12:20 PM
  #3
Zizou
Dont Mix Your Drinks
 
Zizou's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 695
vCash: 500
Despite his age, he's still high up there in terms of how LA thinks of him. He spent all 4 years in college so don't be fooled by his age and think he's a bust. Like O'Sullivan's first season in LA before him, he's shown pieces of brilliance in some games (mainly, last year) but has yet to do anything of record this year.

If LA does let him go, you can bet a 1st round pick is coming in return.

Zizou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-30-2008, 01:24 PM
  #4
HeadInjury
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 1,021
vCash: 500
There's really no reason for LA to trade him now. He is notorious for being a slow starter. His attitude is good though. He has a unique skill set with his size and good hands. LA wasn't depending on him to have big impact. Just let him progress another year and see what happens.

But I don't see him being worth a first rounder at this point.

HeadInjury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-30-2008, 02:46 PM
  #5
Zizou
Dont Mix Your Drinks
 
Zizou's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 695
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeadInjury View Post
But I don't see him being worth a first rounder at this point.
In terms of value, no. Hell no. But it would take that at this point because I don't see LA being in any haste or hurry to get rid of him. His upside is far higher than his current value, therefore, a deal wouldn't get done unless a team overpaid.

Zizou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-30-2008, 03:09 PM
  #6
Nikita Filatov*
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Country: United States
Posts: 6,301
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Nikita Filatov*
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Natural View Post
In terms of value, no. Hell no. But it would take that at this point because I don't see LA being in any haste or hurry to get rid of him. His upside is far higher than his current value, therefore, a deal wouldn't get done unless a team overpaid.
Are you a Habs fan?

Nikita Filatov* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-30-2008, 03:21 PM
  #7
GoKingsGo94
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 92
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Natural View Post
In terms of value, no. Hell no. But it would take that at this point because I don't see LA being in any haste or hurry to get rid of him. His upside is far higher than his current value, therefore, a deal wouldn't get done unless a team overpaid.
I definitely agree but he is one that is a good prospect that I wouldn't mind involving him in a trade to land us someone established and very good. Others like Teubert, Hickey, etc. I would not consider at all.

GoKingsGo94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-30-2008, 04:20 PM
  #8
Reaper45
Registered User
 
Reaper45's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: South Bay
Country: United States
Posts: 31,400
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Reaper45
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoKingsGo94 View Post
I definitely agree but he is one that is a good prospect that I wouldn't mind involving him in a trade to land us someone established and very good. Others like Teubert, Hickey, etc. I would not consider at all.
And you're crazy if someone is going to give up an established player for someone like Boyle.

Kings are very high on Boyle they just want him to play the way a guy his size should play. Once he does that, he's 2nd line material.

Reaper45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-30-2008, 04:55 PM
  #9
GoKingsGo94
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 92
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaper45 View Post
And you're crazy if someone is going to give up an established player for someone like Boyle.

Kings are very high on Boyle they just want him to play the way a guy his size should play. Once he does that, he's 2nd line material.
Did I say Boyle alone in a trade? Nope. Him in a packaged deal.

Boyle has yet to play to his size and hasn't turned into a Moller or Simmonds where they are already finding their own at age 18 and playing in all the games for the most part. Boyle is just too unpredicatable right now on will he or won't he pan out so yeah while his value is good I would still package him in a good deal and no he is not untouchable.

GoKingsGo94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-30-2008, 05:41 PM
  #10
LAX attack*
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: The Danger Zone
Country: United States
Posts: 14,543
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to LAX attack*
Boyle is actually not looking great, so his value is probably somewhat low

LAX attack* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-30-2008, 06:05 PM
  #11
8BostonRocker24
Registered User
 
8BostonRocker24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Los Gatos via Boston
Country: China
Posts: 9,224
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LAX attack View Post
Boyle is actually not looking great, so his value is probably somewhat low
I'd agree with that, but I also think he's going to boom or bust with LA just because of his skill set.

I watched him at BC for 4 years, and he's been the most exciting player in this area during that time. Yes, even ahead of Nate Gerbe.

8BostonRocker24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-30-2008, 06:14 PM
  #12
LAX attack*
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: The Danger Zone
Country: United States
Posts: 14,543
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to LAX attack*
Quote:
Originally Posted by 8BostonRocker24 View Post
I'd agree with that, but I also think he's going to boom or bust with LA just because of his skill set.

I watched him at BC for 4 years, and he's been the most exciting player in this area during that time. Yes, even ahead of Nate Gerbe.
Most of us Kings fans feel the same way

LAX attack* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-31-2008, 03:57 AM
  #13
pokerflames*
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Country: Canada
Posts: 16
vCash: 500
i disagree he has A- potential on nhl 09

video games never lie
he is a big sloth who might work on team like calgary or minny
no points means no chemistry hugh jessiman like

pokerflames* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-31-2008, 06:34 AM
  #14
Capn Brown
Registered User
 
Capn Brown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Posts: 3,493
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jame View Post
What is his trade value? What is his availability? What would LA want in return?
A low 1st round pick (17th - 30th) or a couple of 2nd round picks.

Capn Brown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-31-2008, 06:38 AM
  #15
Capn Brown
Registered User
 
Capn Brown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Posts: 3,493
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LAX attack View Post
Boyle is actually not looking great, so his value is probably somewhat low

SsSsShhhhh!!!!!!!!

Capn Brown is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:48 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.