HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

This is Freddys thread

Old
10-31-2008, 10:44 AM
Shake and Bake

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DruMez View Post
Was gonna start another thread on the 4th line since they've been so good, but will just bump this one instead.

I think they'll definitely chip in offensively. I'll predict about 25 points for Sjostrom, 15 for Betts, and the biggest surprise will be about 5 goals for Orr.
I think those predictions are very optomistic...

Shake and Bake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-31-2008, 10:45 AM
I Am Chariot
One shift at a time

Freddys thread Lives.

Love the Hustle!!!!

10-31-2008, 10:47 AM
Carlos Ranger
Zucc-a-Rella

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shake and Bake View Post
I think those predictions are very optomistic...
But very possible with how they're playing. Betts' career high is 13pts, Sjostrom's is 23, and Orr is playing about 500% better than ever before, so these are logical predictions.

Carlos Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-31-2008, 10:50 AM
Shake and Bake

Quote:
But very possible with how they're playing. Betts' career high is 13pts, Sjostrom's is 23, and Orr is playing about 500% better than ever before, so these are logical predictions.
Even if they do reach those numbers, I don't really think I would say its helping out the offense. The way I see it- we have 3 lines that are capable of scoring and a fourth line that does a nice job on the forecheck and will play responsible in their own zone.

Old
10-31-2008, 10:51 AM
Shake and Bake

They have four combined points in 37 games so far...

Old
10-31-2008, 10:52 AM
Ranger Wolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davisian View Post
I like Betts, he's a good role player and defensive forward/PK'er, but I think Korpikoski can do all that and with more offense.

Sjostrom-Korpikoski-Orr would be a better threat (as far as 4th lines go..)
Betts has been terrific on the 4th line and on the PK. Last night's hustle on that PK where he went from one side of the defensive zone to the other side, then leaped to bat a puck out of the zone was fantastic.

I like Korpikoski a lot and I know he'll at the very least be a solid 3rd line player but there's too many spare forward parts on the team now and he is better served playing top minutes in Hartford.

And since this is a Sjostrom thread that got a little sidetracked I want to say that he is quickly becoming one of my favorites. His speed, intensity, and passion are hard to ignore and I would reward him with some late game line promotions when we are up by a few (which suprisingly hasn't happened much even though we've won 10 games).

Ranger Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-31-2008, 10:59 AM
KRM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerBlue View Post
He kind of makes up for wasting a draft pick on Al Montoya and hey he's probably more valuable to the Rangers than Al. Then again Al was drafted when we thought we had "no goalie" in the system.
I know one guy who thought the Rangers had a future franchise goalie in their system—Lundqvist him self. His agent told the story in the biography about Lundqvist that Henrik was very upset and confused when the Rangers picked a goalie so early in the draft.

I know that it is irrelevant and I hate when other people do it but think, what if that pick had been Olesz or Radulov?

KRM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-31-2008, 11:16 AM
Larry Melnyk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranger Wolf View Post
Betts has been terrific on the 4th line and on the PK. Last night's hustle on that PK where he went from one side of the defensive zone to the other side, then leaped to bat a puck out of the zone was fantastic.

I like Korpikoski a lot and I know he'll at the very least be a solid 3rd line player but there's too many spare forward parts on the team now and he is better served playing top minutes in Hartford.

And since this is a Sjostrom thread that got a little sidetracked I want to say that he is quickly becoming one of my favorites. His speed, intensity, and passion are hard to ignore and I would reward him with some late game line promotions when we are up by a few (which suprisingly hasn't happened much even though we've won 10 games).
No surprise to me...Maybe becasue he has something like 4 points in his last 50-55 games? Yes, the guy skates, but he belongs nowhere other then as a 4th liner/Black Ace (more of the former becasue of his SO ability)..

Betts and Sjostrom and Orr is a decent 4th line but they add NOTHING offensively...Still, Betts and Sjostrom bring other things (PK, FO,SO) that should keep them on the 4th line every night..Orr is another story..Yes, he is improved and has a role on the team, but still about the worst skater in the game...And in a time when we are still trying to evaluate forwards like Prucha and Fritshce, maybe sit his tripod-skating butt every now and then..Ooops, got sidetracked also...

Larry Melnyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-31-2008, 11:29 AM
Carlos Ranger
Zucc-a-Rella

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krm500 View Post
I know that it is irrelevant and I hate when other people do it but think, what if that pick had been Olesz or Radulov?
A stupid move indeed, but what's even more stupid is passing on Wolski, Meszaros, and Green TWICE.

But, you have to look at the positives, we got Dubinsky in the next round, so you know there's teams who are kicking themselves as well, because that 2nd round was pretty weak, and he's looking like the best player taken in that round.

Carlos Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-31-2008, 11:53 AM
Bluenote13
Believe In Henke

Quote:
A stupid move indeed, but what's even more stupid is passing on Wolski, Meszaros, and Green TWICE.

But, you have to look at the positives, we got Dubinsky in the next round, so you know there's teams who are kicking themselves as well, because that 2nd round was pretty weak, and he's looking like the best player taken in that round.
At that time I was lobbying for Olesz.

Can't complain too badly though, we got Dubi in round 2 & LK in round 1, thats two very good players.

Bluenote13 is offline   Reply With Quote