HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Sergei Fedorov

Old
10-31-2008, 06:31 AM
Capn Brown

vCash: 500
Sergei Fedorov

What's the value of a player who turns 39 in 6 weeks?

Assuming he's still playing, what amount of $$$ should/could Fedorov be signed for next summer?

Capn Brown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-31-2008, 07:23 AM
brs03
Coo coo ca cha!

By the Caps? It would have to be another discount, but then it depends on how the cap situation works itself out.

By another team? Who knows, would he even sign with another team at that point or just retire/play in Russia?

A lot will probably depend on how well he does this season and what (if anything) he/the team accomplish.

brs03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-31-2008, 08:39 AM
txpd

I think its most likely that Fedorov is a one year contract at a time player for the Washington Capitals until he retires. How long that will be is hard to say. He is certainly earning his paycheck. 8pts in 9 games with three of them played on defense. I just don't see him playing for another team.

He was ready to retire when the Caps traded for him. His experience in Anaheim and Columbus was why he was ready to retire. He found the Caps made him feel like his Red Wing days with the style of play and the Russian teammates and having a chance in the playoffs. I think he stays where he is til he is ready to retire.

txpd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-31-2008, 08:43 AM
otto bond

Quote:
Originally Posted by txpd View Post
I think its most likely that Fedorov is a one year contract at a time player for the Washington Capitals until he retires. How long that will be is hard to say. He is certainly earning his paycheck. 8pts in 9 games with three of them played on defense. I just don't see him playing for another team.

He was ready to retire when the Caps traded for him. His experience in Anaheim and Columbus was why he was ready to retire. He found the Caps made him feel like his Red Wing days with the style of play and the Russian teammates and having a chance in the playoffs. I think he stays where he is til he is ready to retire.
Good point. I wanted MTL to sign him but he does fit well in Washington

otto bond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-31-2008, 01:31 PM
voloshenko18

Washington:
Stamkos
Lecavalier

Tampa:
Feds
Mike Green