HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Can we have a new camera angle?

Old
10-31-2008, 01:22 PM
patsbury

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sports1131 View Post
I'll settle for RDS showing us a face-off once in awhile.
+2..."le match en chiffres"...WHO CARES? caliss!

I like this angle, could be useful with 5 on 3....other than that, no!

patsbury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-31-2008, 01:23 PM
AD

Quote:
Originally Posted by vanylapep View Post
My friend told me that live, the game is much slower than on tv.
I don't understand what you just posted. Could you elaborate?

AD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-31-2008, 01:29 PM
Kikizaz

I hate that camera angle.

Kikizaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-31-2008, 01:30 PM
Eband00

I hate that angle, its not stable enough! It moves and you have trouble concentrating!!

Eband00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-31-2008, 01:32 PM
Maverik

Quote:
Originally Posted by le_sean View Post
I hate that camera angle as well. Keep it classic and simple, no need to change the way we watch hockey.

What I would like is for RDS to get a new production team though. Their timing with showing stats and giving interviews is terrible, cuts into the play way too much.
THe production team at RDS is terrible... never showed the replay of Higgins flattening that Wild yesterday Misses faceoff, they actually missed a goal a couple of games ago when the habs won the faceoff and the winger shot right away.. can't remember who though..

Maverik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-31-2008, 01:33 PM
LyleOdelein

I find the constant panning on the behind the net angle annoying. It might be good if the puck stays on one side of the ice, but multiple cross-ice passes get annoying as the camera goes back and forth.

Also, when the puck is on the half boards, it's hard to see what's happening off of the far post. If they were using that angle for Tanguay's back door powerplay goal against the Ducks, the puck would have been in before the camera could pan over. That's what I've found when seeing this angle on TSN.

As said before, the angle is good for replays, but I wouldn't like the play to be broadcast with it. I can't stand it when I can't see all of the players in the zone in one shot. You can't see what they're setting up, and all of the off-puck positioning battles are lost.

LyleOdelein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-31-2008, 01:37 PM
la25ecoupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by AD View Post
I don't understand what you just posted. Could you elaborate?
My friend who went to see a live game, said that when watching a game live, the players moves slower than it makes you think when watching a game on tv.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyle_Odelein
Also, when the puck is on the half boards, it's hard to see what's happening off of the far post. If they were using that angle for Tanguay's back door powerplay goal against the Ducks, the puck would have been in before the camera could pan over. That's what I've found when seeing this angle on TSN.
But then, yesterday, we would've have seen the crossbar hit by Plek MUCH better. And also all the saves by Prices. But then, we probably would've vomited after a 12 straight minutes of PP.

la25ecoupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-31-2008, 01:42 PM
Batarnac

vCash: 1285
Quote:
My friend who went to see a live game, said that when watching a game live, the players moves slower than it makes you think when watching a game on tv.

But then, yesterday, we would've have seen the crossbar hit by Plek MUCH better. And also all the saves by Prices.
You should go see a game by yourself, you'd find out that your friend doesn't know what he's talking about.

Batarnac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-31-2008, 02:15 PM
Iz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Batarnac View Post
You should go see a game by yourself, you'd find out that your friend doesn't know what he's talking about.
Maybe your friend was watching thegame from the roof? The game appears faster from the red.

Iz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-31-2008, 02:27 PM
Ra
satan is my homie

Quote:
I was watching the SJS vs DET game yesterday and noticed that whenever power play started, they would switch to camera angle behind the net. It gives amazing view of the play, the blocking, and the goals. It's really cool to see almost from the goalie's point of view.

So why don't we have that on CBC and RDS?

Take a look at this video: http://www.nhl.tv/team/console.jsp?hlg=20082009,2,135 at the 30 sec. mark.

Updated image.
I love that angle, I ain't no goaltender but it's the angle that make you feel the most like when you're playing hockey (reading the ice, etc..) But yeah, human is a creature of habits , most won't like it.

Ra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-31-2008, 02:42 PM
Beakermania*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyle_Odelein View Post
I find the constant panning on the behind the net angle annoying. It might be good if the puck stays on one side of the ice, but multiple cross-ice passes get annoying as the camera goes back and forth.

As said before, the angle is good for replays, but I wouldn't like the play to be broadcast with it. I can't stand it when I can't see all of the players in the zone in one shot. You can't see what they're setting up, and all of the off-puck positioning battles are lost.
This is exactly why i hate this angle too.... you can't see the whole ice and what is going on in other spots...

Beakermania* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-31-2008, 02:47 PM
Bronto Dan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sports1131 View Post
I'll settle for RDS showing us a face-off once in awhile.

DoN't you like to have all those stats!!!

Last night was awfull, missing the opening faceoff between the Koivu's was bad, but missing it cause they had to show us Dave Morriset's predictions for mise au jeu. What's th point to show that anyway, you can't participe in mise au jeu passed 7h00...

Good job RDS (do I need to put a for that last sentence)

Bronto Dan is offline   Reply With Quote