HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Ott/edm/chi

Old
10-31-2008, 11:12 AM
Hale The Villain

vCash: 500
Edmonton gets a steal here (Spezza for a 30 year old Horcoff and Gilbert? Run, fat boy, run)

Chicago hops on the nearest train out of here like a bandit (They get Vermette for a salary dump who has negative value and Burish who can't score worth a **** and wouldn't make the team here in Ottawa. Oh and I forgot about the 2nd round pick )

And Ottawa gets it up the butt (We majorly downgrade at center and minorly improve our defense and one of Lee or Picard is kicked out of this lineup due to this trade. And we lose a great, young two-way player in Vermette who is a crucial part of our secondary scoring. Spezza and Vermette >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Horcoff and Gilbert)

Hale The Villain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-31-2008, 11:45 AM
Brian28

Quote:
Originally Posted by DougGilmour93 View Post
Chicago get's too much back.

It's a good idea tho. Could definetly work with some changes. Kudos.

Like I said, Chicago get's too much back, they would probably get a pick or prospect back for Khabby as he is an obvious dump.

Edm would need to give more to land Spezza. Horcoff and Gilbert is a good start.

Here's my idea...

To Edm: Spezza, Schubert

To Chi: Gerber, Nikulin

To Ott: Horcoff, Gilbert, Schremp, Edm 1st, Khabibulin
I don't think Edmonton wants to give up their first, first line center, and one of it's most promising puck rushing d-men in addition to Schremp. That's a lot to give up for another playmaker. If it was Heatley then yes Edmonton would do that and probably a bit more, but Edmonton needs a game changing scorer not a playmaker.

Brian28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-31-2008, 11:47 AM
Brian28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sensational Spezza View Post
Edmonton gets a steal here (Spezza for a 30 year old Horcoff and Gilbert? Run, fat boy, run)

Chicago hops on the nearest train out of here like a bandit (They get Vermette for a salary dump who has negative value and Burish who can't score worth a **** and wouldn't make the team here in Ottawa. Oh and I forgot about the 2nd round pick )

And Ottawa gets it up the butt (We majorly downgrade at center and minorly improve our defense and one of Lee or Picard is kicked out of this lineup due to this trade. And we lose a great, young two-way player in Vermette who is a crucial part of our secondary scoring. Spezza and Vermette >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Horcoff and Gilbert)
I think this trade would be more along the lines of Chicago getting either the 2nd rounder or Vermette not both. If it was the 2nd and Ott retained Vermette it might be eaier to swallow. or if Ott gives up Vermette I'd think Edmontons 2nd and 3rd would go to Ottawa.

Brian28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-31-2008, 02:27 PM
BigCanadian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volt View Post
Ottawa gets screwed HARD!!!!
Without question. There is absolutely no way Ottawa ever even CONSIDERS this deal.

BigCanadian is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-31-2008, 02:37 PM
oilerbear

Quote:
Chicago get's too much back.

It's a good idea tho. Could definetly work with some changes. Kudos.

Like I said, Chicago get's too much back, they would probably get a pick or prospect back for Khabby as he is an obvious dump.

Edm would need to give more to land Spezza. Horcoff and Gilbert is a good start.

Here's my idea...

To Edm: Spezza, Schubert

To Chi: Gerber, Nikulin

To Ott: Horcoff, Gilbert, Schremp, Edm 1st, Khabibulin
It is time for your meds and how did you get a day pass.

oilerbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-31-2008, 02:53 PM
Volt

Quote:
Not in my proposal they don't
Dude ur proposal also screws the Sens over. Spezza is way underrated and undervalued on these boards as I have said before.

Volt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-31-2008, 02:59 PM
rockinghockey

The point here is that Ottawa needs a puck moving dman to run the power play and that is Gilbert and he is signed for 6 years at only 4 mil. They then get Horcoff to take over centre for Spezza. Horcoff offensively isnt as good as Spezza but defensively is a lot better. They also get Khabi to run their net
Ottawa
Gilbert
Horcoff
Khabi

Edmonton
Spezza

Chicago
Edmontons 2nd and Ottawas 2nd

This way Chicago gets rid of the cap space and gives them money to make another trade for what they need and they get two 2nd round picks in this years draft that is suppose to be deep again.

rockinghockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-31-2008, 04:32 PM
Kamina
Amok

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmi Jenkins View Post
What country is Jason Spezza from again? How about Daniel Alfredsson or Nik Lidstrom?

FAIL, try again.
Spezza is a Canadian who is PPG in the playoffs, but yeah I understand your point.

Ottawa gets screwed over anyway.

Kamina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-31-2008, 05:22 PM
Ricky Williams1620

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmor View Post
hemmer passes to spezza... who passes BACK to hemmer, BACK to spezza...
hahahaha...so true

Ricky Williams1620 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-31-2008, 05:25 PM
Morozov
The Devil Killer

Send a message via MSN to Morozov
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian28 View Post
Basically he's saying that whiule the value is fair on paper it really doesn't fit with Edmontons long term needs. A puck rushing d-man and a solid center for Spezza is prtty good value, but how many passing players does Edmonton need? Hemsky is a playmaker, Spezza is a playmaker, Nilsson and Gagner are both emerging playmakers. Vish, Grebeshkov on the line already with Chorney and Petry coming up the pipes. That'd be a LOT of passing without any finish.

It'd be a good deal for Edmonton, but serve no purpose.
So that isn't exactly getting bent over now is it?

Morozov is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-31-2008, 06:10 PM
Nunymare
Global Moderator
When will it end?

vCash: 499
Smid. STOP with these awful proposals.

And for the proposal.. Ottawa propably doesnt want Khabibulin, as they will morph a 3-headed goalie monster with Auld and gerber. Khibibulin is also way too expensive.

Antoine Vermette is worth WAY more than Khabibulin, and Ottawa would screwed BIGTIME with his salary.

Edmonton would not neccesarily need Adam Burish, with Schremp, Brule, and Pouliot coming up the line. Also, I dont think Ottawa would want to move Spezza at this time. He is basically a part of their core.

Next time you come to hit the "New Thread" button in this forum, please think of your deal you are proposing and judge if it's fair or not, for the sake of others, and the sake of yourself, as you may get flamed badly.

Last edited by Nunymare: 11-04-2008 at 10:58 PM.
Nunymare is offline   Reply With Quote