HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

11/01/08 Montreal @ NY Islanders 7:00PM EDT RDS (HD)

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
11-01-2008, 01:20 PM
  #101
Galchenyuk x 27
Registered User
 
Galchenyuk x 27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,807
vCash: 1976
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blades 0f Steel View Post
Because Begin doesn't really deserve to sit 3 games.
I bet Begin takes a stupid penalty tonight.

Galchenyuk x 27 is offline  
Old
11-01-2008, 01:22 PM
  #102
Blades 0f Steel
Registered User
 
Blades 0f Steel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Country: Tibet
Posts: 11,523
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaydee96 View Post
I bet Begin takes a stupid penalty tonight.
You're being a bit of a hypocrite there after what you said about Dandenault

Edit: I don't like that smiley. He's perverse & suggestive.

Blades 0f Steel is offline  
Old
11-01-2008, 01:24 PM
  #103
68
Registered User
 
68's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Mount Olympus
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,113
vCash: 500
We have too many 4th liners, one of them needs to go and no way it's TKO, Lapierre or Laraque.

68 is offline  
Old
11-01-2008, 01:24 PM
  #104
Galchenyuk x 27
Registered User
 
Galchenyuk x 27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,807
vCash: 1976
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blades 0f Steel View Post
You're being a bit of a hypocrite there after what you said about Dandenault
Ive said since the start of the year, I dont like Begin.
and last game when Dandeault took his penalty, I said, ok, now you can bash him.


http://hfboards.com/showpost.php?p=1...&postcount=472

Galchenyuk x 27 is offline  
Old
11-01-2008, 01:25 PM
  #105
Hackett
HF Needs Feeny
 
Hackett's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Country: Canada
Posts: 15,919
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaydee96 View Post
Laraque, Begin and O'Byrne are IN
Dandenault, Kostopoulos, Brisebois are OUT

I dont understand why TK is out, the guy has done everything to keep his spot in the lineup.
yeah, tko has been by far our best role player.

Hackett is offline  
Old
11-01-2008, 01:28 PM
  #106
Blades 0f Steel
Registered User
 
Blades 0f Steel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Country: Tibet
Posts: 11,523
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 68 View Post
We have too many 4th liners, one of them needs to go and no way it's TKO, Lapierre or Laraque.
Agreed. There's such a logjam that Chips and D'Ags can't get a whiff, even with a few injuries.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaydee96 View Post
Ive said since the start of the year, I dont like Begin.
and last game when Dandeault took his penalty, I said, ok, now you can bash him.
It's hypocritical because people didn't want Dandenault from the start of the year & you told people not to base their opinions on that.

Blades 0f Steel is offline  
Old
11-01-2008, 01:31 PM
  #107
IslesBeBack*
NHL Free Agent
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 5,151
vCash: 500
Um, yeah.. Islanders fan here.

The most trouble your team is going to have tonight is finding a way to score on your 10 powerplays you'll soon have.

The Islanders work extremely hard, so expect a game that has Montreal's opponent battling for 60 minutes. There's just one problem.. the talent on the Islanders is very miniscule. There will be a lot of missed chances, missed open nets, etc. and so on.

You guys should win this one, not with relative ease, but with relative ease. Get what I'm sayin?

Good luck, or no good luck. You won't necessarily need much. I doubt the Canadiens are the first team the Islanders beat in almost two weeks. And if they are, well than, I apologize in advance. That sucks

IslesBeBack* is offline  
Old
11-01-2008, 01:32 PM
  #108
Galchenyuk x 27
Registered User
 
Galchenyuk x 27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,807
vCash: 1976
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blades 0f Steel View Post
It's hypocritical because people didn't want Dandenault from the start of the year.
I didnt want Begin or Dandenault
but Dandenault has played well to proove to me he deserves to stay.
I cant say the same for Begin.

Galchenyuk x 27 is offline  
Old
11-01-2008, 01:33 PM
  #109
Blades 0f Steel
Registered User
 
Blades 0f Steel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Country: Tibet
Posts: 11,523
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PatientlyWaiting View Post
Um, yeah.. Islanders fan here.

The most trouble your team is going to have tonight is finding a way to score on your 10 powerplays you'll soon have.

The Islanders work extremely hard, so expect a game that has Montreal's opponent battling for 60 minutes. There's just one problem.. the talent on the Islanders is very miniscule. There will be a lot of missed chances, missed open nets, etc. and so on.

You guys should win this one, not with relative ease, but with relative ease. Get what I'm sayin?

Good luck, or no good luck. You won't necessarily need much. I doubt the Canadiens are the first team the Islanders beat in almost two weeks. And if they are, well than, I apologize in advance. That sucks
Thanks. I think you just jinxed us though.

Blades 0f Steel is offline  
Old
11-01-2008, 02:05 PM
  #110
LyleOdelein
Registered User
 
LyleOdelein's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Renfrew
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,671
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magic33 View Post
I have a feeling Georges will score tonight.
I so want Gorges to score a goal. Every time he gets a chance I jump out of my seat in anticipation. I have a feeling that if he does score that the universe will collapse on itself, so I'm a little weary... but if all life as we know it doesn't come to an end, the celebration will be awesome!!! I'm prepared to take that chance.

LyleOdelein is offline  
Old
11-01-2008, 02:08 PM
  #111
HamrlikTheStud*
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 2,810
vCash: 500
Can Begin be waived already... What a waste of roster room...

TKO should be a regular on the 4th line. As for Laraque, the more time goes on, the least I'm a fan of him. Always find an opportunity to turn the puck over... Carbo and everybody said last year he knows how to play hockey... Well he hasn't showed it thus far.

1,5M now seems to be a waste in the salary cap IMO...

HamrlikTheStud* is offline  
Old
11-01-2008, 02:10 PM
  #112
Moen is Gone
@MoeninGlory
 
Moen is Gone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Grenoble
Posts: 4,818
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blades 0f Steel View Post
Clash of the titans!!!!




Amazing GDT Habs425! I love the ritzy font, & the idea to use Isles colours for both teams.
Thank you! It's always fun working on these

Moen is Gone is offline  
Old
11-01-2008, 02:18 PM
  #113
Andrighetto Fabolous
Ghetto
 
Andrighetto Fabolous's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,654
vCash: 500
T-Ko was just awesome last game, the one shift where he took a rocket in the knee and played through the pain for like 20-30 seconds to help kill the penalty was unreal. I was at the game like 10 rows behind the Habs bench and seeing the amount of pain he was in on the bench makes it just stupid that he's being scratched tonight considering he's been a beast all year. I don't care how many games Begin has been scratched for there is no reason to play him over TK.

Andrighetto Fabolous is offline  
Old
11-01-2008, 02:40 PM
  #114
ScherbakAttack
Registered User
 
ScherbakAttack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 3,544
vCash: 500
I'm hoping for our first real blow-out of the year! 4-0 Habs with total puck control for most of the game. A bit too optimistic I think cause I know the Isles will be hungry for a win but meh... I hate how (some) people think we will lose because we are facing ex-Habs and a french goalie. We got rid of them for a reason


Up to now our fourth liners rank like this IMO :

1. TKO
2. Lapierre
3. Dandenault
4. Laraque
5. Begin

Laraque isn't doing much out there... I haven't noticed him except when he fought but maybe that's a good thing. Actually I saw him have a turnover once but that's it. TKO has been great, he deserves better than being sat. Lapierre is doing great as well, he could even crack the 3rd line IMO if SKost is a bust this year. Dandenault is surprisingly good this year but I put him 3rd because I know he's just deceiving us before he starts sucking again =p. Begin as been a total non-factor for us.

At the end of the day, we should waive Begin. I think it isn't happening because the team likes him and he's been here a long time though...

ScherbakAttack is offline  
Old
11-01-2008, 02:42 PM
  #115
Galchenyuk x 27
Registered User
 
Galchenyuk x 27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,807
vCash: 1976
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlandry View Post
I'm hoping for our first real blow-out of the year! 4-0 Habs with total puck control for most of the game. A bit too optimistic I think cause I know the Isles will be hungry for a win but meh... I hate how (some) people think we will lose because we are facing ex-Habs and a french goalie. We got rid of them for a reason


Up to now our fourth liners rank like this IMO :

1. TKO
2. Lapierre
3. Dandenault
4. Laraque
5. Begin

Laraque isn't doing much out there... I haven't noticed him except when he fought but maybe that's a good thing. Actually I saw him have a turnover once but that's it. TKO has been great, he deserves better than being sat. Lapierre is doing great as well, he could even crack the 3rd line IMO if SKost is a bust this year. Dandenault is surprisingly good this year but I put him 3rd because I know he's just deceiving us before he starts sucking again =p. Begin as been a total non-factor for us.

At the end of the day, we should waive Begin. I think it isn't happening because the team likes him and he's been here a long time though...

first real blow out??
Did you forget we smoked the Leafs?

Galchenyuk x 27 is offline  
Old
11-01-2008, 02:44 PM
  #116
Blades 0f Steel
Registered User
 
Blades 0f Steel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Country: Tibet
Posts: 11,523
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Drama View Post
T-Ko was just awesome last game, the one shift where he took a rocket in the knee and played through the pain for like 20-30 seconds to help kill the penalty was unreal. I was at the game like 10 rows behind the Habs bench and seeing the amount of pain he was in on the bench makes it just stupid that he's being scratched tonight considering he's been a beast all year. I don't care how many games Begin has been scratched for there is no reason to play him over TK.
All the more reason why he should sit this one out. Players never want to take themselves out of the lineup, no matter how hurt they are.

Blades 0f Steel is offline  
Old
11-01-2008, 02:47 PM
  #117
BlackMarvel
Registered User
 
BlackMarvel's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Dollard des ormeaux
Country: Benin
Posts: 466
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blades 0f Steel View Post
All the more reason why he should sit this one out. Players never want to take themselves out of the lineup, no matter how hurt they are.
If sum1 should should sit this one out its dandenault...I have no idea why he's still with the habs actually lol

BlackMarvel is offline  
Old
11-01-2008, 02:49 PM
  #118
ScherbakAttack
Registered User
 
ScherbakAttack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 3,544
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaydee96 View Post
first real blow out??
Did you forget we smoked the Leafs?
No shut out = no blow out.

ScherbakAttack is offline  
Old
11-01-2008, 02:49 PM
  #119
HamrlikTheStud*
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 2,810
vCash: 500
Begin is not even playing hard this year. He's horrible... He's now at the Garth Murray stage in his career... Can't do anything good excluding when he blocks shotso n the PK...

HamrlikTheStud* is offline  
Old
11-01-2008, 02:50 PM
  #120
anarmandaleb
 
anarmandaleb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Hiding in a blanket
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,619
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlandry View Post
No shut out = no blow out.
What if it's 12-1?

anarmandaleb is offline  
Old
11-01-2008, 02:51 PM
  #121
Galchenyuk x 27
Registered User
 
Galchenyuk x 27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,807
vCash: 1976
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlandry View Post
No shut out = no blow out.
you need to look up what blow out means.

Galchenyuk x 27 is offline  
Old
11-01-2008, 02:52 PM
  #122
ScherbakAttack
Registered User
 
ScherbakAttack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 3,544
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by anarmandaleb View Post
What if it's 12-1?
Meh, it depends how the goal was scored.

IMO, blow out means the other team had 0% chance the whole game. If we score an own goal or something stupid it would still be a blow out but if they actually made some nice plays to score, IMO, it's not a blow out.

Anyways, not going to argue semantics and opinion. (IE, I didn't think we beat down the Leafs that bad despite the score).

ScherbakAttack is offline  
Old
11-01-2008, 02:53 PM
  #123
Habs10Habs
HFBoards Sponsor
 
Habs10Habs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Country: Canada
Posts: 52,367
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackMarvel View Post
If sum1 should should sit this one out its dandenault...I have no idea why he's still with the habs actually lol
Don't worry BM, I'm still trying to figure out why we signed Dandy in the first place.

Habs10Habs is offline  
Old
11-01-2008, 02:54 PM
  #124
WeThreeKings
DJ Nikita
 
WeThreeKings's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Halifax
Country: Canada
Posts: 37,996
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlandry View Post
Meh, it depends how the goal was scored.

IMO, blow out means the other team had 0% chance the whole game. If we score an own goal or something stupid it would still be a blow out but if they actually made some nice plays to score, IMO, it's not a blow out.

Anyways, not going to argue semantics and opinion. (IE, I didn't think we beat down the Leafs that bad despite the score).
So if we are up 10-0 and they score, they had a chance?

Weird.

WeThreeKings is offline  
Old
11-01-2008, 02:58 PM
  #125
Habs10Habs
HFBoards Sponsor
 
Habs10Habs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Country: Canada
Posts: 52,367
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlandry View Post
Meh, it depends how the goal was scored.

IMO, blow out means the other team had 0% chance the whole game. If we score an own goal or something stupid it would still be a blow out but if they actually made some nice plays to score, IMO, it's not a blow out.

Anyways, not going to argue semantics and opinion. (IE, I didn't think we beat down the Leafs that bad despite the score).
Interesting opinion, but I've always considered a blow out to be an easy or one-sided victory.

Habs10Habs is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:35 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.