HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Leclair and Amonte

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
07-03-2004, 04:24 PM
  #1
RoDu
Shagga likes axes
 
RoDu's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Winnipeg
Country: Canada
Posts: 11,454
vCash: 500
Leclair and Amonte

can anyone provide links to them possibly being bought out?
and if we loose Recchi to another team, and Kapanen retires, will they still be bought out?

RoDu is offline  
Old
07-03-2004, 08:19 PM
  #2
Bennevol10
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Posts: 445
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyerfanofthepeg
can anyone provide links to them possibly being bought out?
and if we loose Recchi to another team, and Kapanen retires, will they still be bought out?
All the hockey gurus in this board wants Flyers to buy out Leclair's and Amont's... I have bad news for you... Bob Clarke will not buy them out for couple reasons ... Firstable we are not sure how long this lockout will be... Secondable if the lockout end until next summer Burke, Desjardins(team option), Ragnarsson, Brashear(team option) become free agents... That means Leclair and Amonte will have one more year grantee contract... If then flyers buy them out I think Flyers will pay only $9.5 Millions...

Bennevol10 is offline  
Old
07-03-2004, 10:57 PM
  #3
Pontifex Maximus*
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 1,098
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bennevol10
All the hockey gurus in this board wants Flyers to buy out Leclair's and Amont's... I have bad news for you... Bob Clarke will not buy them out for couple reasons ... Firstable we are not sure how long this lockout will be... Secondable if the lockout end until next summer Burke, Desjardins(team option), Ragnarsson, Brashear(team option) become free agents... That means Leclair and Amonte will have one more year grantee contract... If then flyers buy them out I think Flyers will pay only $9.5 Millions...
Wrong! Clarke and Snider have already said they will buy out players. The "hockey gurus" on these boards didn't come up with it. And no one is sure how contract years will be dealt with if an entire year is missed.

Pontifex Maximus* is offline  
Old
07-03-2004, 11:20 PM
  #4
Sniperz25
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Posts: 105
vCash: 500
No one will be bought out until a new CBA is in place because if there is no season the players don't get paid.

When a new CBA is in place the Flyers will buy players out.

Sniperz25 is offline  
Old
07-07-2004, 11:34 AM
  #5
fan mao rong
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: port royal , pa
Posts: 968
vCash: 500
It is looking certain they will have to buy out these players when the time comes. Signings of Stevenson and Knuble now makes it appear moreso. One of the things I seen in a Larry Brooks column, which I sort of believe, states that if a team is over the cap, they can protect players up to the cap number and the rest will be available in a "waiver draft" style draft. Since teams can still sign who they want and agents can negotiate contracts maybe this could be acceptable. Under such a system, to get anywhere near a cap limit, they'd have to consider those players already bought out..

fan mao rong is offline  
Old
07-07-2004, 11:37 AM
  #6
Toonces
The beer kitty
 
Toonces's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: New Jersey
Country: Ireland
Posts: 3,676
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniperz25
No one will be bought out until a new CBA is in place
That about sums it up.

It will likely be a long time before there is any major news concerning this.

Toonces is offline  
Old
07-07-2004, 02:30 PM
  #7
Steve L*
Registered User
 
Steve L*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Southampton, England
Country: England
Posts: 11,548
vCash: 500
I think LeClair will stay and Amonte and Burke will be bought out. Amonte brings nothing to this team, at least LeClair causes confusion around the goal leading to goals where he doesnt acutually get a point.

Steve L* is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:58 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.