HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Leclair and Amonte

Closed Thread

Old
07-03-2004, 04:24 PM
RoDu
Shagga likes axes

vCash: 500
Leclair and Amonte

can anyone provide links to them possibly being bought out?
and if we loose Recchi to another team, and Kapanen retires, will they still be bought out?

Old
07-03-2004, 08:19 PM
Bennevol10

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyerfanofthepeg
can anyone provide links to them possibly being bought out?
and if we loose Recchi to another team, and Kapanen retires, will they still be bought out?
All the hockey gurus in this board wants Flyers to buy out Leclair's and Amont's... I have bad news for you... Bob Clarke will not buy them out for couple reasons ... Firstable we are not sure how long this lockout will be... Secondable if the lockout end until next summer Burke, Desjardins(team option), Ragnarsson, Brashear(team option) become free agents... That means Leclair and Amonte will have one more year grantee contract... If then flyers buy them out I think Flyers will pay only $9.5 Millions...

Old
07-03-2004, 10:57 PM
Pontifex Maximus*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bennevol10
All the hockey gurus in this board wants Flyers to buy out Leclair's and Amont's... I have bad news for you... Bob Clarke will not buy them out for couple reasons ... Firstable we are not sure how long this lockout will be... Secondable if the lockout end until next summer Burke, Desjardins(team option), Ragnarsson, Brashear(team option) become free agents... That means Leclair and Amonte will have one more year grantee contract... If then flyers buy them out I think Flyers will pay only $9.5 Millions...
Wrong! Clarke and Snider have already said they will buy out players. The "hockey gurus" on these boards didn't come up with it. And no one is sure how contract years will be dealt with if an entire year is missed.

Old
07-03-2004, 11:20 PM
Sniperz25

No one will be bought out until a new CBA is in place because if there is no season the players don't get paid.

When a new CBA is in place the Flyers will buy players out.

Old
07-07-2004, 11:34 AM
fan mao rong

It is looking certain they will have to buy out these players when the time comes. Signings of Stevenson and Knuble now makes it appear moreso. One of the things I seen in a Larry Brooks column, which I sort of believe, states that if a team is over the cap, they can protect players up to the cap number and the rest will be available in a "waiver draft" style draft. Since teams can still sign who they want and agents can negotiate contracts maybe this could be acceptable. Under such a system, to get anywhere near a cap limit, they'd have to consider those players already bought out..

Old
07-07-2004, 11:37 AM
Toonces
The beer kitty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniperz25
No one will be bought out until a new CBA is in place
That about sums it up.

It will likely be a long time before there is any major news concerning this.

Old
07-07-2004, 02:30 PM
Steve L*

I think LeClair will stay and Amonte and Burke will be bought out. Amonte brings nothing to this team, at least LeClair causes confusion around the goal leading to goals where he doesnt acutually get a point.

Closed Thread