HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Hockey Talk by Country > Russia

Kastsitsyn info -- Can someone translate?

Closed Thread

Old
06-21-2004, 01:37 PM
bossy22

vCash: 500
Kastsitsyn info -- Can someone translate?

Roughly, i believe this says he has not yet joined CSKA for their training camp but will be joining the team when they travel to Finland? Is that correct?

Thanks in advance......Bossy22

В итоге собрались 33 игрока - отсутствовали лишь чешские легионеры Ян Хейда и Мартин Главачка, а также белорусский нападающий Андрей Костицын. "Контракты чехов вступают в силу 1 июля, и они присоединятся к команде уже на сборе в Финляндии, - пояснил спортивный директор армейцев Кирилл Фастовский. - Туда же прибудет и Костицын, который решает сейчас дома личные проблемы". Пока хоккеисты обменивались новостями, начальник команды Борис Длугач собирал загранпаспорта, выдавал новые банковские карточки и пропуска для проезда на территорию спорткомплекса ЦСКА. Наконец, прибыл Гущин и пригласил игроков на собрание. В отсутствие президента армейского клуба Виктора Тихонова, который отдыхает в Испании и вернется в Москву 18 июня, Гущин представил команде нового главного тренера.

Old
06-22-2004, 01:12 AM
Russian_fanatic

As most people know I'm Russian , but can't speak or read , its complicated ! But I used a translator !

As a result 33 players were gathered - was absent only Czech legionaries Jan Kheyda and Martin glavachk, and also Belorussian napadayushchiy Andrey kostitsyn. &.tsuot;Kontrakty of Czechs come into force on 1 July, and they will be joined to the command already on the collection in Finland, explained the sport director of line soldiers Cyril fastovskiy. - there will arrive Kostitsyn, which solves now houses personal of problemy&.tsuot;. Thus far hockey players exchanged news, the chief of command Boris dlugach was gathered foreign passport, he issued the new bank cards also of passage for the passage to the territory of sportkompleksa OF THE TSSKA (CENTRAL SPORTS CLUB OF THE ARMY). Finally, Gushchin arrived and he invited players to the meeting. In the absence of the President of army club Victor Tikhonov, who rests in Spain and will return to Moscow on 18 June, Gushchin presented to the command of new chief trainer.

Old
07-05-2004, 08:23 PM
jarhead

Russian_fanatic,
Where did you get this translation from? AltaVista's Babel? Some of the translation is somewhat off. For example:
"Гущин представил команде нового главного тренера" would translate into "Gushin introduced the new head coach to the team"

"В итоге собрались 33 игрока - отсутствовали лишь чешские легионеры Ян Хейда и Мартин Главачка, а также белорусский нападающий Андрей Костицын. Контракты чехов вступают в силу 1 июля, и они присоединятся к команде уже на сборе в Финляндии... Туда же прибудет и Костицын, который решает сейчас дома личные проблемы".
"In total, 33 players gathered - missing were Czechs, Yan Heyda and Martin Glavachka, also Belorussian forward Andrei Kostitsyn. Czech's contracts go into effect July 1st and they will join the team in Finland... Kostitsyn will also arrive there, who is currently taking care of personal problems at home."

Old
07-06-2004, 12:29 AM
bossy22

Quote:
Originally Posted by jarhead
Russian_fanatic,
Where did you get this translation from? AltaVista's Babel? Some of the translation is somewhat off. For example:
"Гущин представил команде нового главного тренера" would translate into "Gushin introduced the new head coach to the team"

"В итоге собрались 33 игрока - отсутствовали лишь чешские легионеры Ян Хейда и Мартин Главачка, а также белорусский нападающий Андрей Костицын. Контракты чехов вступают в силу 1 июля, и они присоединятся к команде уже на сборе в Финляндии... Туда же прибудет и Костицын, который решает сейчас дома личные проблемы".
"In total, 33 players gathered - missing were Czechs, Yan Heyda and Martin Glavachka, also Belorussian forward Andrei Kostitsyn. Czech's contracts go into effect July 1st and they will join the team in Finland... Kostitsyn will also arrive there, who is currently taking care of personal problems at home."

Thanks Jarhead for the translation. I used bablefish to understand the gist of it so I knew that's where Fanatic got it from. Well, I hope the personal concerns are not the mysterious medical condition that made him fall on draft day 2003.

Old
07-06-2004, 12:18 PM
Soyuz

The medical condition did not make him fall. Even if he was healthy, he shouldn't have been picked 10th overall - way too high for him in such a deep draft. Also, the medical condition of seizures is for real - he still has it. It can be controlled though, so should not interfere with his career. As a player, I don't think he is good enough to be 10th overall, but that is just my opinion.

Old
07-06-2004, 06:57 PM
montreal
Time to Get Down

Quote:
Originally Posted by bossy22
Thanks Jarhead for the translation. I used bablefish to understand the gist of it so I knew that's where Fanatic got it from. Well, I hope the personal concerns are not the mysterious medical condition that made him fall on draft day 2003.

They are real concerns. He had to miss some games early this year when he switched his medacation, but it was reported that he was ok after a few days. Not 100% sure how many games he missed, but I don't think it was more then 2-3.

But he also had a back injury that was brought up on draft day.

As for him being picked too high, there's no such thing if he becomes the player the Habs hope he can be. Draft status is mainly for leverage for agents to get bigger contracts. Is he the 10th best player in the 2003 draft class? I think he's better then that, but I've only seen him play twice. But it doesn't really matter, as long as he is able to contribute to the Habs at some point in the future and be an effective player. I think he's got a ton of offensive skill, and can't wait to see what he can do in North America.

Old
07-07-2004, 09:33 AM
Soyuz

Montreal,

I agree, the draft positioning is a tough thing to gauge as teams have different priorities and the Montreal Canadiens may have seen something in him that makes him an impact player. However, despite being a great talent, I think he should have dropped further, as I haven't seen him prove me wrong. He is compared to Zherdev, well Zherdev at his age was already leading CSKA early in the season, despite his struggles later in the season. When given a chance to play in the big leagues, Kastytsin look significantly weaker than Chernykh or Anshakov, who are approximately his age. Granted, he might surpass them, but that is not a good bet in my opinion. Not to say that he won't be a very good playeer, I just don't see the makings of a great player in him. Perezhogin was a better pick at 26th overall, or whenever he was picked. Any time you saw Perezhog hit the ice, even at 18, you knew he was something special with the speed, confidence and puckhandling. I just don't see that in Kastytsin.

Old
07-07-2004, 03:11 PM
montreal
Time to Get Down

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soyuz
Montreal,

I agree, the draft positioning is a tough thing to gauge as teams have different priorities and the Montreal Canadiens may have seen something in him that makes him an impact player. However, despite being a great talent, I think he should have dropped further, as I haven't seen him prove me wrong. He is compared to Zherdev, well Zherdev at his age was already leading CSKA early in the season, despite his struggles later in the season. When given a chance to play in the big leagues, Kastytsin look significantly weaker than Chernykh or Anshakov, who are approximately his age. Granted, he might surpass them, but that is not a good bet in my opinion. Not to say that he won't be a very good playeer, I just don't see the makings of a great player in him. Perezhogin was a better pick at 26th overall, or whenever he was picked. Any time you saw Perezhog hit the ice, even at 18, you knew he was something special with the speed, confidence and puckhandling. I just don't see that in Kastytsin.

I was very impressed with Perezhogin at the wjc games I saw, his flashy moves, speed, skating, stickhandling, shot were all great to see. But with Kastsitsyn, he's bigger, and his skating/speed/shot are all near Perezhogin's level imo. Add the fact that Perezhogin isn't a great playmaker, whereas I think Kastsitsyn can dish the puck well. I've seen 2 of his 11 games in the RSL this year, and he played well in both of them, was way better then Zherdev in both games, as #13 looked like he as asleep in both games. Actually Moyzakin was the best player in both games, very fun to watch, scored some great goals and nice passes. But for me I can't say why Kastsitsyn didn't have much success in the RSL outside of his poor defensive coverage, (Perezhogin on the other hand is solid in his own end) I'm hopin he's in North America next season so I can get to see him a lot more. He will need a lot of work on his defensive coverage though.

Closed Thread