HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Flyers Sign Mike Knuble and Turner Stevenson

Closed Thread

Old
07-03-2004, 08:37 PM
jas
Unsatisfied

vCash: 500
Flyers Sign Mike Knuble and Turner Stevenson

http://www.philadelphiaflyers.com/pr...chive/1665.asp

Old
07-03-2004, 09:48 PM
little a from da bx

pretty good signs, shocked to see nj let stevenson go, both players are in there 30's which still makes the flyers a vet club and i thgink 3 year deals is not to smart for a couple of 30 something year olds when they already are older of a team, i would have gave knuble 2 yaers and stevenson 1 year second option..

and in alll honesty would not have been dissapointed if the nyr signed them 2 guys bot got size and now that we are not getting barny and simon back they would have fit the role great.. but sather has something up his sleeve.. we soon will find out.

Old
07-03-2004, 09:57 PM
OldBlueSeats

the only thing Darth Sather has up his sleve is his crusty shirt.

Old
07-03-2004, 10:21 PM
DarthSather99

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldBlueSeats
the only thing Darth Sather has up his sleve is his crusty shirt.

Are you making fun of my duds?

Old
07-04-2004, 09:44 PM
Balej20*

Quote:
Originally Posted by little a from da bx
pretty good signs, shocked to see nj let stevenson go, both players are in there 30's which still makes the flyers a vet club and i thgink 3 year deals is not to smart for a couple of 30 something year olds when they already are older of a team, i would have gave knuble 2 yaers and stevenson 1 year second option..

and in alll honesty would not have been dissapointed if the nyr signed them 2 guys bot got size and now that we are not getting barny and simon back they would have fit the role great.. but sather has something up his sleeve.. we soon will find out.
You seem to have a lot of confidence in Sather...I wish we could all feel that way. But he's gonna have to prove to me he knows what he's doing before i start believing in him.

Old
07-06-2004, 06:08 PM
BDubinskyNYR17*

Send a message via AIM to BDubinskyNYR17*
if Sather does not sign anyone. this team is in trouble. At least sign some young kids.

Old
07-06-2004, 07:17 PM
jas
Unsatisfied

Quote:
Originally Posted by JOrtmeyer41
if Sather does not sign anyone. this team is in trouble. At least sign some young kids.
In what way is it in trouble? It won't make the playoffs? Or finish ninth or tenth?

Old
07-07-2004, 01:35 AM
Brooklyn Ranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by jas
In what way is it in trouble? It won't make the playoffs? Or finish ninth or tenth?
Because, there really arent' enough players to fill all the roster spots available in the organization. And there is no guarantee that all of the prospects will develop into servicable NHLers, much less stars at the AHL level. And there must be players out there who need a 2nd chance to prove themselves in a new organization. And not all of our prospects are ready to face the NHL.

Old
07-07-2004, 02:05 AM
Balej20*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brooklyn Ranger
Because, there really arent' enough players to fill all the roster spots available in the organization. And there is no guarantee that all of the prospects will develop into servicable NHLers, much less stars at the AHL level. And there must be players out there who need a 2nd chance to prove themselves in a new organization. And not all of our prospects are ready to face the NHL.
I can guarantee you, when we do finally play hockey again, We WILL have a full roster, one way or the other. So please dont worry about not having enough players to fill all the roster spots.

Old
07-07-2004, 02:25 AM
Brooklyn Ranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balej20
I can guarantee you, when we do finally play hockey again, We WILL have a full roster, one way or the other. So please dont worry about not having enough players to fill all the roster spots.
That's not my concern--Sather is perfectly capable of filling the roster with a bunch of cheap rejects from the waiver wire. My point is that he may very well be avoiding making some larger moves because he doesn't believe there will be a season (and he believes he will have better choices once the new CBA is signed).

Old
07-07-2004, 02:52 AM
Balej20*

Quote:
That's not my concern--Sather is perfectly capable of filling the roster with a bunch of cheap rejects from the waiver wire. My point is that he may very well be avoiding making some larger moves because he doesn't believe there will be a season (and he believes he will have better choices once the new CBA is signed).
Don't you think he knows whats going on with all that, more than we do? And personally, i feel we only need to sign like 2 players, we have enough guys right now that can step in and play a season.

Old
07-07-2004, 03:01 AM
Brooklyn Ranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balej20
Don't you think he knows whats going on with all that, more than we do? And personally, i feel we only need to sign like 2 players, we have enough guys right now that can step in and play a season.
I hate Kool-Aid. The thought that Sather will lead this organization through the lockout, much less a rebuilding process sickens me.

So, obviously the answer to your question is no.

Old
07-07-2004, 05:30 PM
Balej20*

Quote:
I hate Kool-Aid. The thought that Sather will lead this organization through the lockout, much less a rebuilding process sickens me.

So, obviously the answer to your question is no.
I was talking about him understanding the situation with the CBA...not him building our team, thats another topic.

Old
07-07-2004, 05:34 PM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by JOrtmeyer41

what young kids do you plan to sign? Youg kids rights are owned by another team if they're any good.

Closed Thread