HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Time to Send a Message Renney

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
11-01-2008, 10:57 PM
  #1
silverfish
Mr. Glass
 
silverfish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Standing on a Train
Country: United States
Posts: 14,367
vCash: 500
Time to Send a Message Renney

This team needs a big wake up call. They've played like absolute crap for a few games in a row now, and they need a wake up call.

Here's what I propose...SCRATCH DRURY. If he's the captain he's supposed to be, he'll take the benching. This also sends a team to the message and if they don't respond to their CAPTAIN being scratched for a game, then this team has no life.

This may be a bit of an overreaction to tonight's loss. But I don't want what happened to Ottawa last year (Redden must be swimming in deja vu) to happen the NYR this year.

Renney - do more than just give the team a good yelling, or making them do sprints. Time to send a bigger message, a message that hits the grand scheme of things.

It's still early, and I'm trying not to freak out. We'll bounce back on Tuesday, I hope.

LETS GO RANGERS.

silverfish is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-01-2008, 11:00 PM
  #2
Unk
 
Unk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: In A Better Place
Country: Liechtenstein
Posts: 698
vCash: 500
I don't know if benching Drury for a game or two is the solution, but it's certainly better than some of the other ideas that've been floating around.

Unk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-01-2008, 11:02 PM
  #3
crisb
Registered User
 
crisb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Long Island
Country: United States
Posts: 941
vCash: 500
A big wake up call at the top of the standings? You have got to be kidding me.

crisb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-01-2008, 11:02 PM
  #4
silverfish
Mr. Glass
 
silverfish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Standing on a Train
Country: United States
Posts: 14,367
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRFan View Post
A big wake up call at the top of the standings? You have got to be kidding me.
If you think this teams play has been one of a team who is the best in the NHL, it is you that needs the wake up call.

silverfish is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-01-2008, 11:04 PM
  #5
WhipNash27
Quattro!!
 
WhipNash27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Westchester, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 15,486
vCash: 500
I don't know if Drury needs to sit. However, he hasn't done much with the exception of that one game to prove otherwise.

Voros' boat has seemed to have sailed. Guy hasn't done anything in 6 games now. Maybe it's time to get him off Dubinsky's line.

Callahan-Gomez-Dawes line needs to go. Callahan has at least been scoring, Dawes has been brutal.

Get Prucha in, sit Dawes for a while.

Get Prucha on the PP and stop putting the so called "super line" on the PP because they suck.

Drury shouldn't be on the #1 unit. He's not the kind of player that should be your top PP guy. I don't think he was on the top unit on Buffalo either. Put him on PP #2, put either Prucha or Voros on the first unit.

Maybe
Z - Gomez - Prucha
Naslund - Dubinsky - Voros

Put Drury on the point actually in place of "I don't like to shoot the puck" Rozsival.


Right now, the PP sucks, and the total offense isn't much better. Sure the Rangers are winning, but they are are below #20 in the league in total offense. The defense has been rock solid, but it can't be there every night. Some guys need to score because the Rangers do get their chances. They almost always outshoot their opponent. It's not like they just sit back all game.


Last edited by WhipNash27: 11-01-2008 at 11:10 PM.
WhipNash27 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-01-2008, 11:05 PM
  #6
GWOW
Two Pucks, One Cup
 
GWOW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Country: United States
Posts: 13,963
vCash: 500
I think "scratching him" is out of the question. Was Leetch or Messier ever a healthy scratch? Kisio? Jagr? They all had their struggles.

On the other hand, i have no problem with decreasing Drury's minutes by 1/3 and rewarding the Betts line more ice time and drop Drury off the 1st PP unit and add Callahan or Sjostrom. Keeping Drury on the bench during play will have the same effect.


Kalinin and Roszival need to be benched. Replace them with Potter and anything else with a pulse. We should be OK.

GWOW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-01-2008, 11:09 PM
  #7
silverfish
Mr. Glass
 
silverfish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Standing on a Train
Country: United States
Posts: 14,367
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PruBlue25 View Post
I don't know if Drury needs to sit. However, he hasn't done much with the exception of that one game to prove otherwise.

Voros' boat has seemed to have sailed. Guy hasn't done anything in 6 games now. Maybe it's time to get him off Dubinsky's line.

Callahan-Gomez-Dawes line needs to go. Callahan has at least been scoring, Dawes has been brutal.

Get Prucha in, sit Dawes for a while.

Get Prucha on the PP and stop putting the so called "super line" on the PP because they suck.

Drury shouldn't be on the #1 unit. He's not the kind of player that should be your top PP guy. I don't think he was on the top unit on Buffalo either. Put him on PP #2, put either Prucha or Voros on the first unit.
I agree with everything in this post. Great post. I think you'd agree with me that the lines need a change, maybe something along this:

Naslund - Gomez - Callahan
Drury - Dubinsky - Zherdev
Voros - Korpikoski (get him back up) - Prucha
Sjostrom - Betts - Orr

PP unit 1:
Prucha - Gomez - Zherdev
Mara - Girardi

PP unit 2:
Drury - Dubinsky - Voros
Naslund - Redden

I don't know I'm spittin out my ass right now but I think something needs to be changed, and knowing Renney, something will change.

silverfish is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-01-2008, 11:16 PM
  #8
1Knee1T
OHH MAMMA DONT U CRY
 
1Knee1T's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Country: United States
Posts: 3,183
vCash: 500
Drury and Voros can't be on the same PP unit because they both do the same thing.

1Knee1T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-01-2008, 11:16 PM
  #9
silverfish
Mr. Glass
 
silverfish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Standing on a Train
Country: United States
Posts: 14,367
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TullyNYR View Post
Drury and Voros can't be on the same PP unit because they both do the same thing.
Well they better change their games...because they suck

silverfish is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-01-2008, 11:32 PM
  #10
Ani simov mal
Registered User
 
Ani simov mal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: New York
Country: United States
Posts: 488
vCash: 500
I know this will be surprising and I will prob get spammed for it but, bench Gomez for a bit. Iím not joking, what is he doing really? He canít score his passing, not that great. He gets in the zone but then looses it right away. One of the goals tonight were his fault (canít remember first or second)

Ani simov mal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-01-2008, 11:54 PM
  #11
FLYLine24*
 
FLYLine24*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: NY
Country: United States
Posts: 29,102
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PruBlue25 View Post
I don't know if Drury needs to sit. However, he hasn't done much with the exception of that one game to prove otherwise.

Voros' boat has seemed to have sailed. Guy hasn't done anything in 6 games now. Maybe it's time to get him off Dubinsky's line.

Callahan-Gomez-Dawes line needs to go. Callahan has at least been scoring, Dawes has been brutal.

Get Prucha in, sit Dawes for a while.

Get Prucha on the PP and stop putting the so called "super line" on the PP because they suck.

Drury shouldn't be on the #1 unit. He's not the kind of player that should be your top PP guy. I don't think he was on the top unit on Buffalo either. Put him on PP #2, put either Prucha or Voros on the first unit.

Maybe
Z - Gomez - Prucha
Naslund - Dubinsky - Voros

Put Drury on the point actually in place of "I don't like to shoot the puck" Rozsival.


Right now, the PP sucks, and the total offense isn't much better. Sure the Rangers are winning, but they are are below #20 in the league in total offense. The defense has been rock solid, but it can't be there every night. Some guys need to score because the Rangers do get their chances. They almost always outshoot their opponent. It's not like they just sit back all game.
Dawes stays....Fritshe gets the hell of the lineup and Prucha comes back in.

Even I was impressed with Prucha his last 2 games...I dont know why Renney took him out again for Fritshe.

FLYLine24* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-01-2008, 11:56 PM
  #12
John Torturella
Registered User
 
John Torturella's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Long Island, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 3,832
vCash: 500
Gotta love these boards. One bad loss and we have a meltdown. Just move on to the next game. Hank will be in there Tuesday and the Garden will be rockin' and we will get 2 points. Write it down.

John Torturella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2008, 12:02 AM
  #13
TomLaidlaw
Registered User
 
TomLaidlaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Transylvania
Country: Romania
Posts: 3,177
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rang3rsfan30 View Post
I know this will be surprising and I will prob get spammed for it but, bench Gomez for a bit. Iím not joking, what is he doing really? He canít score his passing, not that great. He gets in the zone but then looses it right away. One of the goals tonight were his fault (canít remember first or second)
Is this a serious post? If Gomez had a winger who could finish he would have 25 assists right now.

TomLaidlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2008, 12:05 AM
  #14
KSUpilot
 
KSUpilot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Roxbury, NJ+Kent, OH
Posts: 104
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by motime42 View Post
Gotta love these boards. One bad loss and we have a meltdown. Just move on to the next game. Hank will be in there Tuesday and the Garden will be rockin' and we will get 2 points. Write it down.
I agree. While the Rangers haven't been perfect so far, they have played really good. What we saw there was a meltdown in goal. Sure the Rangers could have put a few more points on the board instead of just holding out until the game ended, but in the end, you have to rely on your goalie to keep his cool and shake it off.

KSUpilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2008, 12:20 AM
  #15
I Am Chariot
One shift at a time
 
I Am Chariot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 14,492
vCash: 500
It's time for uncle Glen to make a deal.

Not really so much because of tonights 3rd period collapse.

It just needs to get done. Too many "just ok" players.

The D has been very very good imo. But the lines....

too many just ok players

I Am Chariot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2008, 12:21 AM
  #16
NYR Viper
Moderator
 
NYR Viper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: PA
Country: United States
Posts: 28,013
vCash: 500
i understand its one game, but things need to change....the lines i want to see renney try out are:

naslund-gomez-callahan
drury-dubinsky-zherdev
sjostrom-korpikoski-prucha
voros-betts-orr

sjostrom deserves to be up higher on the lines.....he has been one of the better rangers on the ice for the past 5 games.....korpikoski, IMO looked like the best of the group of dawes, prucha, fritsche, rissmiller......he has the size, the speed and the defensive awareness and has the highest upside....let that thid line buzz around and forecheck the other team and work hard for their chances....

NYR Viper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2008, 12:22 AM
  #17
NYR Viper
Moderator
 
NYR Viper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: PA
Country: United States
Posts: 28,013
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
It's time for uncle Glen to make a deal.

Not really so much because of tonights 3rd period collapse.

It just needs to get done. Too many "just ok" players.
i agree.....it needs to start with getting rid of the following:

fritsche
prucha
rissmiller


see if he can grab an actual goal scorer for gomez....

NYR Viper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2008, 12:25 AM
  #18
I Am Chariot
One shift at a time
 
I Am Chariot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 14,492
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyviper87 View Post
i agree.....it needs to start with getting rid of the following:

fritsche
prucha
rissmiller


see if he can grab an actual goal scorer for gomez....
Uncle Glen likes to try and steal the deal, but not this time. This time he'll have to give to get.

I Am Chariot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2008, 12:31 AM
  #19
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired
 
SingnBluesOnBroadway's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: NYC
Country: United States
Posts: 29,779
vCash: 500
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRangers3018 View Post
This team needs a big wake up call. They've played like absolute crap for a few games in a row now, and they need a wake up call.

Here's what I propose...SCRATCH DRURY. If he's the captain he's supposed to be, he'll take the benching. This also sends a team to the message and if they don't respond to their CAPTAIN being scratched for a game, then this team has no life.

This may be a bit of an overreaction to tonight's loss. But I don't want what happened to Ottawa last year (Redden must be swimming in deja vu) to happen the NYR this year.

Renney - do more than just give the team a good yelling, or making them do sprints. Time to send a bigger message, a message that hits the grand scheme of things.

It's still early, and I'm trying not to freak out. We'll bounce back on Tuesday, I hope.

LETS GO RANGERS.
Yep. This team needs a mesage. Bench everyone. Come on.

__________________
SingnBluesOnBroadway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2008, 12:38 AM
  #20
NYR Viper
Moderator
 
NYR Viper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: PA
Country: United States
Posts: 28,013
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
Uncle Glen likes to try and steal the deal, but not this time. This time he'll have to give to get.
agreed....i mean just watching the game tonight, a player like kulemin....i know a player like that is hard to find but a player who likes to play with speed and bury the puck......

i mean im all for sather trying to steal the deals.....heck i love the zherdev move.....but how often do those happen?....

i have said it before, rozsival, IMO needs to be moved in order to find someone who can finish the ******* puck

NYR Viper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2008, 01:20 AM
  #21
Kind of Blue
Registered User
 
Kind of Blue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 983
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRangers3018 View Post
This team needs a big wake up call. They've played like absolute crap for a few games in a row now, and they need a wake up call.

Here's what I propose...SCRATCH DRURY. If he's the captain he's supposed to be, he'll take the benching. This also sends a team to the message and if they don't respond to their CAPTAIN being scratched for a game, then this team has no life.

This may be a bit of an overreaction to tonight's loss. But I don't want what happened to Ottawa last year (Redden must be swimming in deja vu) to happen the NYR this year.

Renney - do more than just give the team a good yelling, or making them do sprints. Time to send a bigger message, a message that hits the grand scheme of things.

It's still early, and I'm trying not to freak out. We'll bounce back on Tuesday, I hope.

LETS GO RANGERS.
Don't ever go into coaching.

Kind of Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2008, 01:28 AM
  #22
qwertyaas
LGR@
 
qwertyaas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: New York
Country: United States
Posts: 4,893
vCash: 500
I said it before throughout the past month and I'll say it again. Despite what our record shows, this team doesn't show up for full games, at all. It's amazing that we won most of the games by just playing 20minutes in the third period. There are a lot of games were the Rags are out-skated, but still come out with the win. How to get them to actually play a full 60 minutes? I have no idea. The closest to it is the fourth line, which puts out the most effort game after game.

Playing one period a game will not lead to win streaks all season. Playing like they did tonight will not lead to a winning season. People can say Toronto sucks all they want, they went out there to win. The Rags, they were just there.

Renney needs to find a way for the team to go out there and skate all game, not just a period or two. That and the PP are the biggest issues at the moment.

Take the Atlanta game as an example. We won 3-2. Philly beat them 7-0 before us, and the Devils beat them 6-1 tonight. Odd that when we played them, we could have lost the game. Renney needs to light a fire under the team. They have the pieces, but the effort and drive needs to be there too.


Last edited by qwertyaas: 11-02-2008 at 01:36 AM.
qwertyaas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2008, 01:25 AM
  #23
GregNYR19
agitator
 
GregNYR19's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Fair Lawn, NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 1,059
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to GregNYR19
i mean i love chris drury but he needs to f'ing wake up...yea its one loss but i mean come on....is this gonna be a rough november?? they played like crap tonight theres no excuse. drury seriously needs to wake up and hes killing my fantasy stats

GregNYR19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2008, 01:26 AM
  #24
GregNYR19
agitator
 
GregNYR19's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Fair Lawn, NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 1,059
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to GregNYR19
Quote:
Originally Posted by greek fan View Post
Don't ever go into coaching.
i really agree with u

GregNYR19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2008, 06:02 AM
  #25
darrenturcotte#8
Registered User
 
darrenturcotte#8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 1,081
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ragshockey88 View Post
i mean i love chris drury but he needs to f'ing wake up...yea its one loss but i mean come on....is this gonna be a rough november?? they played like crap tonight theres no excuse. drury seriously needs to wake up and hes killing my fantasy stats
Chris Drury is the best 3rd line center in the league. He can score up to 60 something points if he gets PP time. Just because Sather is a moron doesnt mean he's going to score like a $7 mill/yr player. If you gave me $7 mill I couldn't score 70 points in the NHL either. Hes a winner, he's a leader and he makes the smart play most of the time. He would step in front of a train to prevent it from scoring and he cares about his team and winning. I will never have a problem with Chris Drury. He's just worth $4-$5 mill/yr tops.

darrenturcotte#8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:48 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.