HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Calgary @ Los Angeles - 11/1/08 - 7PM

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
11-02-2008, 12:01 AM
  #201
Thresher
Registered User
 
Thresher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: HECK
Country: United States
Posts: 9,462
vCash: 500
I thought for sure this game was destined for OT...that final minute was amazing

I don't know how the puck didn't go in....someone should've checked between the pipes for plexiglass

It's a shame TP completely whiffed :/

Thresher is offline  
Old
11-02-2008, 12:02 AM
  #202
ibleedkings
Is this real?
 
ibleedkings's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Quartz Hill
Country: United States
Posts: 1,888
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fripp View Post
Kopitar has looked nothing like himself this season. I'm really starting to believe there's an undisclosed injury.


Kopitar looked a lot better tonight. He created chances, and looked good on the PK.

ibleedkings is offline  
Old
11-02-2008, 12:04 AM
  #203
LombardiTool
Registered User
 
LombardiTool's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Fontana, Ca
Country: United States
Posts: 2,779
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PCLoadLetter View Post
Brian Boyle is not ready for the NHL.
My heart is broken.

LombardiTool is offline  
Old
11-02-2008, 12:04 AM
  #204
WoohooKINGS
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 469
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Ron View Post
I agree....he is the smallest 6'7" player I have ever seen.
He's a Gentle Giant... He could have made some big hits but decided not to...

WoohooKINGS is offline  
Old
11-02-2008, 12:06 AM
  #205
Captain Ron
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Gardnerville, NV
Country: United States
Posts: 17,409
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WoohooKINGS View Post
He's a Gentle Giant... He could have made some big hits but decided not to...
Not to mention I saw him pushed off of the puck several times....by guys that were a lot smaller than him.

Captain Ron is offline  
Old
11-02-2008, 12:07 AM
  #206
kingsfan25
Registered User
 
kingsfan25's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,834
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Ron View Post
Kings are still last in the Western Conference

They also have a worse record through 10 games than they did last season.
Worse record, better team. Based on what I've seen so far, this team will end up better than 2nd last in the league. This game and the one against Detroit were real heartbreakers, but both were proof to me that this group can hang with the tough teams and, as the season goes on and these young guys get more seasoning, I expect them to start finishing off some of these hard fought games.

kingsfan25 is offline  
Old
11-02-2008, 12:07 AM
  #207
Kingler
 
Kingler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 896
vCash: 500
The Kings could have won this game. They played well tonight again in a lost. Bottomline, their goalie showed up, our goalie did not.

Kingler is offline  
Old
11-02-2008, 12:08 AM
  #208
Petter
Registered User
 
Petter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Stockholm
Country: Sweden
Posts: 1,050
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Ron View Post
Not to mention I saw him pushed off of the puck several times....by guys that were a lot smaller than him.
Didn't he give Cammalleri a piggyback ride at the end of the game as well?

Petter is offline  
Old
11-02-2008, 12:09 AM
  #209
Captain Ron
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Gardnerville, NV
Country: United States
Posts: 17,409
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsfan25 View Post
Worse record, better team. Based on what I've seen so far, this team will end up better than 2nd last in the league. This game and the one against Detroit were real heartbreakers, but both were proof to me that this group can hang with the tough teams and, as the season goes on and these young guys get more seasoning, I expect them to start finishing off some of these hard fought games.
The problem is they are losing the hard fought games at home. When they finally start to come together they will be playing a lot of games on the road. Even good teams have a hard time winning on the road. So even though the team as a whole might be better....there is a very good chance that their record will be quite similar to what it was last year.

Captain Ron is offline  
Old
11-02-2008, 12:10 AM
  #210
Petter
Registered User
 
Petter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Stockholm
Country: Sweden
Posts: 1,050
vCash: 500
We need Ryan Smyth to poke Labs now so that Ersberg can get to play some games.

Petter is offline  
Old
11-02-2008, 12:10 AM
  #211
kingsfan25
Registered User
 
kingsfan25's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,834
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ibleedkings View Post
Kopitar looked a lot better tonight. He created chances, and looked good on the PK.
Unfortunately, he ****ed up big time on that last goal...stripped of the puck after hesitating behind the net, bouncing off Bert like he was a brick wall, and then just standing behind him while he set-up the game-winning goal.

kingsfan25 is offline  
Old
11-02-2008, 12:10 AM
  #212
wabwat
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: pasadena, ca.
Posts: 6,757
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to wabwat
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsfan25 View Post
Worse record, better team. Based on what I've seen so far, this team will end up better than 2nd last in the league. This game and the one against Detroit were real heartbreakers, but both were proof to me that this group can hang with the tough teams and, as the season goes on and these young guys get more seasoning, I expect them to start finishing off some of these hard fought games.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Ron View Post
The problem is they are losing the hard fought games at home. When they finally start to come together they will be playing a lot of games on the road. Even good teams have a hard time winning on the road. So even though the team as a whole might be better....there is a very good chance that their record will be quite similar to what it was last year.
and they will continue to circle the drain without a strong enough presence in net... and no, it ain't Erik Ersberg either.

wabwat is offline  
Old
11-02-2008, 12:13 AM
  #213
Filppula
Jurks
 
Filppula's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 10,802
vCash: 500
Losing Kyle Quincey looks better by the day...

Filppula is offline  
Old
11-02-2008, 12:13 AM
  #214
kingsfan25
Registered User
 
kingsfan25's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,834
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Ron View Post
The problem is they are losing the hard fought games at home. When they finally start to come together they will be playing a lot of games on the road. Even good teams have a hard time winning on the road. So even though the team as a whole might be better....there is a very good chance that their record will be quite similar to what it was last year.
They're young...maybe they don't know you're supposed to lose on the road yet.

kingsfan25 is offline  
Old
11-02-2008, 12:13 AM
  #215
Captain Ron
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Gardnerville, NV
Country: United States
Posts: 17,409
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by wabwat View Post
and they will continue to circle the drain without a strong enough presence in net... and no, it ain't Erik Ersberg either.
I agree....then again I thought that Khabibulin would have been a great pick up for the team. But if Dean really wants another top 5 pick then LaBarbera is a great goalie.

Captain Ron is offline  
Old
11-02-2008, 12:13 AM
  #216
Noori
Registered User
 
Noori's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Calgary
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,729
vCash: 763
The Flames probably shouldn't have won but Kipper stole the game. Great game and an unbelievable last minute.

Noori is offline  
Old
11-02-2008, 12:14 AM
  #217
Captain Ron
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Gardnerville, NV
Country: United States
Posts: 17,409
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsfan25 View Post
They're young...maybe they don't know you're supposed to lose on the road yet.
Let's hope so.

Captain Ron is offline  
Old
11-02-2008, 12:17 AM
  #218
sueroe
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,597
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruel11 View Post
What happen to Sully? he didn't play the third period.
he made a brief appearance, but he seems to be in the dog house. It was after the penalty he took i think in the first. I thought he was playing very well until then, but goal scored on the penalty. From there he was taken off PP, and then eventually down to the 4th line and then by the end of the game no time.

sueroe is offline  
Old
11-02-2008, 12:18 AM
  #219
Captain Ron
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Gardnerville, NV
Country: United States
Posts: 17,409
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Filppula View Post
Losing Kyle Quincey looks better by the day...
He had 2 assists tonight.

G:1 A:4 PTS:5

I think he is the leading defenseman in points for LA.

Not bad for a waiver pick up.

Captain Ron is offline  
Old
11-02-2008, 12:21 AM
  #220
wabwat
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: pasadena, ca.
Posts: 6,757
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to wabwat
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Ron View Post
I agree....then again I thought that Khabibulin would have been a great pick up for the team. But if Dean really wants another top 5 pick then LaBarbera is a great goalie.
as did i. i realize their budget is at issue here, but c'mon... ya know?

5 one-goal losses now, second best in the league in shots allowed, and a goaltender with a save percentage under .900. yeah, no.

i haven't even begun on the whole 1st line playing everywhere but the middle of the ice.

wabwat is offline  
Old
11-02-2008, 12:27 AM
  #221
Filppula
Jurks
 
Filppula's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 10,802
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Ron View Post
He had 2 assists tonight.

G:1 A:4 PTS:5

I think he is the leading defenseman in points for LA.

Not bad for a waiver pick up.
Yep, but we've got Lebda.

Filppula is offline  
Old
11-02-2008, 12:28 AM
  #222
Beauty, eh?
Not sure if serious.
 
Beauty, eh?'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Southern California
Country: United States
Posts: 5,367
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mobey View Post
Hi..my name is Labs..I like to leave the post for no apparent reason.
Don't worry. I'm sure he'll tell Murray "Sorry, eh - I'll work on that at practice" and they will put him right back in there next game. Maybe this is indeed some elaborate plan to net us the #1 pick. Genius!

If that does happen, it's Hedman or bust!

Beauty, eh? is offline  
Old
11-02-2008, 12:31 AM
  #223
Captain Ron
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Gardnerville, NV
Country: United States
Posts: 17,409
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beauty, eh? View Post
Don't worry. I'm sure he'll tell Murray "Sorry, eh - I'll work on that at practice" and they will put him right back in there next game. Maybe this is indeed some elaborate plan to net us the #1 pick. Genius!

If that does happen, it's Hedman or bust!
If the Kings get #1 I still think they have to get Tavares.....With Johnson, Doughty, Hickey and now Quincey all looking like future top 4 defensemen there is a greater need for a quality goal scorer.

Captain Ron is offline  
Old
11-02-2008, 12:33 AM
  #224
Beauty, eh?
Not sure if serious.
 
Beauty, eh?'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Southern California
Country: United States
Posts: 5,367
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Ron View Post
If the Kings get #1 I still think they have to get Tavares.....With Johnson, Doughty, Hickey and now Quincey all looking like future top 4 defensemen there is a greater need for a quality goal scorer.
No way in hell Lombardi passes on a guy like Hedman. Trust me.

Beauty, eh? is offline  
Old
11-02-2008, 12:34 AM
  #225
Lanius
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 2,240
vCash: 500
Erik Ersberg hasn't been given the chance to prove he sucks just as much as Labs. Start him already.

I liked the urgency in the 3rd period, it is something that has been lacking recently. Kopitar had a better game but not as effective as we're used to seeing him.

Brown was showing some fire out there. Nice to see him going for the big hits.

Oscar Moller proved he belongs.

I hope Sully wasnt benched. Thats ridiculous. He needs to be playing.

Harrold sucks. Just stating the obvious, i know.

Lanius is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:02 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.