HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

From now on, the lines should be:

Old
11-02-2008, 05:19 AM
HabsDood

vCash: 500
From now on, the lines should be:

Guy should field that team on a regular basis, stop messing with their heads..

Andrei K - Pleks - Kovy (No brainer)
Higgs - Koivu - Tangay (Natural line)
Lats - Lang - Sergei (Hard working line)
BGL - Lapierre - Tom K (The intimidators, Laraque as to get in game shape, play him)
Dandy (Great versatile player)

Stop messing with O'B

Markov - Komi (One of the best pairing)
Hammer - O'B (Let's develop that O'B)
Bouillon - Georges (They do things well)
Brisebois (Excellent backup)

Price
Halak

Trade Begin now.. It's been fun.. I think he's done.

We have some dept, in the minor, recall a guy here and there if needed, stop keeping a reserve line of vets in Montreal..

Go with these and ****..

What do you think? Good approach?

I think it's a no brainer..

HabsDood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2008, 07:03 AM
Blades 0f Steel

Quote:
Originally Posted by HabsDood View Post
Messing with who's head? Higgins, who just came back from a groin injury & got no preseason games in; O'Byrne, who has been unreliable, or Kostopoulos, our 4th liner?

Blades 0f Steel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2008, 07:11 AM
ToysInTheAttic

Those first 2 lines are perfect.

Not so sure about O'Byrne being in the line-up. If he continues struggling might be worth waking him up by sending him to Hamilton and calling one of the Dogs D men for a few games.

ToysInTheAttic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2008, 07:18 AM
HabsDood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blades 0f Steel View Post
Messing with who's head? Higgins, who just came back from a groin injury & got no preseason games in; O'Byrne, who has been unreliable, or Kostopoulos, our 4th liner?

1st and 2nd lines are no brainers, we knew that Lats wouldn't stay there for long, he'll be better on the 3rd line anyway.. But the 4th line?

Well, seems to me that Guy tends to mess with their heads too much.. Try and explain the way Kovy behaved during the 1st 2 periods.. Then, the contraste, the 3rd period.. The way people think that Begin shouldn't be in the line-up, I think he,s burned with this team (remember the playoffs? The players prolly do)..

Sitting O'Byrn won't help him, now the RDS guys are after his butt, I don't agree with them and it pisses me..

Sitting Kosto? Why? Needs a rest? We won't play for a week.. To Begin it must be clear, you're out.. You don't play a player that's not part of the plans.. And friday, Guy said that Kosto had earn his spot yet he sends him to the stands on saturday..

They need more stability or it will blow in Guy's face eventually.. The 2 periods yesterday might be a warning and they didn't exactly dominate most of their games..

You might not agree but it's just my 2 and we need stuff to talk about this week since they don't play till friday..

Old
11-02-2008, 08:30 AM
LyleOdelein

Quote:
Originally Posted by habhob View Post
Those first 2 lines are perfect.

Not so sure about O'Byrne being in the line-up. If he continues struggling might be worth waking him up by sending him to Hamilton and calling one of the Dogs D men for a few games.
I agree completely.

I will preface what I'm saying by making clear that I think that O'Byrne will be a solid player for this team, but at this point in his career O'Byrne should have to win his spot in the top 6. He can't be given icetime by default when he's struggling, just because there's a chance he could be a good player some day. He's at that spot in development where he's right between being an NHLer or an AHLer. The pressure's on him now to grab what's coming to him. Of course, there's going to be mistakes made on his part along the way, but a game like last night's against the Isles was inexcusable.

As much as I hate to say it, Breezer should play next game and O'Byrne should be in the pressbox until Patrice either needs a rest, or plays his way out of the line-up. Icetime helps a player's development, but so does accountability, which will force O'Byrne to reflect and work hard on what he needs to improve. As long as the coaches work closely with him and discuss his overcommitment on plays and his braincramps, he should become a better player in the long run.

LyleOdelein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2008, 09:37 AM
terreur

vCash: 50
I have absolutly no problems putting a guy who is not playing well in the pressbox. Where I have a problem is putting a guy like Kostopoulos who gives everything hes got night in night out since the beggining of the year. I see no major flaws in his game and no mistake either... is that how you threat hard work?

terreur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2008, 09:47 AM
GoneAway

vCash:
Quote:
Originally Posted by terreur View Post
I have absolutly no problems putting a guy who is not playing well in the pressbox. Where I have a problem is putting a guy like Kostopoulos who gives everything hes got night in night out since the beggining of the year. I see no major flaws in his game and no mistake either... is that how you threat hard work?
Yeah I had to look twice when I saw Kosto's name on the scratch list.

I like our depth but I think we have one too many 4th liners

Old
11-02-2008, 09:47 AM
wolfinhabsclothing

Personally I'd send O'Byrne to Hamilton - he's been atrocious. I was a big supporter last year, but as a life long D-man I'm not impressed by his game this year. HE, not Price, was the cause of the 2nd goal yesterday. He got beat countless other times too - sticking his stick out and waving it instead of hitting - what is that?

Realistically he's not going to be a part of this team long-term. Gorges is better than him, Weber, McDonagh, Carle, Emelin, Subban, and Valentenko (if he returns) all project out better than him. Unless there are massive injuries or defections I see him becoming the Yann Danis of the D-corps.

wolfinhabsclothing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2008, 09:51 AM
HabsDood

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfinhabsclothing View Post
Personally I'd send O'Byrne to Hamilton - he's been atrocious. I was a big supporter last year, but as a life long D-man I'm not impressed by his game this year. HE, not Price, was the cause of the 2nd goal yesterday. He got beat countless other times too - sticking his stick out and waving it instead of hitting - what is that?

Price played that 2nd goal like a mentally not fitted person.. You can't blame the pope for everything that's wrong on the face of the planet

Old
11-02-2008, 09:58 AM
RC51

Begin ( 1.3) and Dandy ( 1.75) can be replaced in 1.2 sec (Chipper + Kostop or even Dagostini. The savings would be about 2 mil.
The Habs still have about 2 mil in cap space so give or take the total is about 4 mil cap space at the trade deadline for the best available.

RC51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2008, 09:58 AM
Hannibal
Brandon Prust FTW

Quote:

BGL - Lapierre - Tom K (The intimidators, Laraque as to get in game shape, play him)
Yeah, i agree with those lines! We have to let Georges Laraque play as a regular and Kostotpoulos do all the things that Begin was doing at perfection. So lets trade or waive Begin and keep Danady cause he'S more of a depth player than begin 'Cause he can play defence too and has the experience!

Hannibal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2008, 10:16 AM
FerrisRox

Quote:

Stop messing with O'B

Price
Halak

We have some dept, in the minor, recall a guy here and there if needed, stop keeping a reserve line of vets in Montreal..

Go with these and ****..

No brainer? There's no way Ryan O'Byrne, as he's playing right now, is even close to being an every day #4 blueliner on a contender.

I've been saying this since the first game of the season ... I don't understand why other people don't see this.

EDIT: As I read through the rest of the thread I see I'm no longer the only person who thinks O'Byrne is playing poorly.

Quote:
Price played that 2nd goal like a mentally not fitted person.. You can't blame the pope for everything that's wrong on the face of the planet
Uh, but it was O'Byrne that re-directed the puck when a Atom level player knows not to put your stick in front of the shot. Price was handcuffed because he can't be prepared for his own team tipping pucks - on purpose.

Last edited by Beakermania*: 11-02-2008 at 10:25 AM.
FerrisRox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2008, 10:23 AM
Krautso

Quote:

Stop messing with O'B

Price
Halak

Go with these and ****..

I think that carbo should switch the lines as often as necessary to find a winning formula. If a player slumps then his TOI should be cut until he works it out. We need those 4th line vets in case of injury and to keep the old balls fresh by offering rest a game here and a game there. I disagree that you put the lines down on paper then leave the team static regardless of the play on the ice.

Your line up looks good as long as they produce. If a couple lines stagnate over a few games, changes will be needed!

Krautso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2008, 10:30 AM
Beakermania*

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfinhabsclothing View Post

Realistically he's not going to be a part of this team long-term. Gorges is better than him, Weber, McDonagh, Carle, Emelin, Subban, and Valentenko (if he returns) all project out better than him. Unless there are massive injuries or defections I see him becoming the Yann Danis of the D-corps.
I believe that in order to send O'Byrne to Hamilton, he needs to be waived (age)... can someone confirm this.... He wouldn't clear waivers IMO..

Quote:
Originally Posted by RC51 View Post
Begin ( 1.3) and Dandy ( 1.75) can be replaced in 1.2 sec (Chipper + Kostop or even Dagostini. The savings would be about 2 mil.
The Habs still have about 2 mil in cap space so give or take the total is about 4 mil cap space at the trade deadline for the best available.
Yeah they can replace those guys and they will next year... for now let them play in Hamilton and let Begin and Dandy stay in the pressbox. Also the savings would be about 1million... you are not gonna go with less than a 23 man roster, Gainey/Carbo have shown they won't do this.

We have approx 2million in cap space... at the deadline we will be able to acquire over 7 million in annual salary with that space. Getting 4 million in space really doesn't do anything... do we need 15-16 million in annual salary added to this team?? No its too much to add three-four players... we need minor tweaks not to upset the whole chemistry we have here in Montreal.

-------------------------------

As far as "these should be the lines for the rest of the year" of the OP.... These should be the lines for Friday... we can reevaluate after that.... with carbo we will probably see the lines change another 20 times before the end of the year.

Beakermania* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2008, 01:08 PM
HabsDood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krautso View Post

Your line up looks good as long as they produce. If a couple lines stagnate over a few games, changes will be needed!
Well, we know Carbs don't we? A couple of bad shifts and he changes everything.. Though it works, eventually

Old
11-02-2008, 01:16 PM
x-bob

I think the only problem we have in our line-up is th spot where you put O'Byrne. I don't think he should be in the starting line-up (except if his play does a major turn around). The other choice is placing Brisebois there but we all know that he wont be able to take major ice time. Would Dandenault be an option ? He is not better then Brisebois but he can take the minutes and being in the doghouse for over a year now might make him jump on the chance to become a defencement onc again ?

x-bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2008, 01:17 PM
Vinceee
Go Foreurs Go!

Send a message via MSN to Vinceee
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beakermania View Post
I believe that in order to send O'Byrne to Hamilton, he needs to be waived (age)... can someone confirm this.... He wouldn't clear waivers IMO..
There is NO way O'byrne clears waivers

Vinceee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2008, 01:51 PM
Toro

so you needed to make a new thread to show us your lines? Haven't we discussed this in many other threads already this season(10 games so far)? after every game there are new threads discussing lines and trading our depth vets.

there was no where else to post them? oh, you want everyone to see your lines.

ok

p.s. could there be a sticky about lines and trading our depth vets? cause we will be discussing these topics well into the season. Expect very little trading till the trade deadline nears.

Toro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2008, 02:33 PM
WeThreeKings

Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
Nope

Left wing liberation for Andrei Kostitsyn. He also needs seperation from Kovalev.

WeThreeKings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2008, 02:46 PM
HabsDood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toro View Post
there was no where else to post them? oh, you want everyone to see your lines.
It's not about my lines dood, rear further then that

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeThreeKings View Post
Nope

Left wing liberation for Andrei Kostitsyn. He also needs seperation from Kovalev.
Whut? Where you wana play him?

Old
11-02-2008, 02:47 PM
Bretvincent

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeThreeKings View Post
Nope

lol "left wing liberation" sounds like a political movement.

Bretvincent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2008, 02:48 PM
WeThreeKings

Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
Quote:
Whut? Where you wana play him?
Either on the RW with his brother and Lang.. or on the RW with Koivu with Tang/Lats/Higgins.

WeThreeKings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2008, 02:53 PM
Teufelsdreck

Quote:

Stop messing with O'B

Price
Halak

Go with these and ****..

As I said in another thread, I'm not sold on a Lats-Lang-SKost line. He shouldn't be moved from the Koivu line.

Teufelsdreck is offline   Reply With Quote