HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

PGT: New York comeback Redux... habs beat isles 5-4.

Old
11-02-2008, 01:47 PM
guest1467

vCash: 500
I am pretty sure it can only be a follow through on a shot on net, which it clearly wasn't.

guest1467 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2008, 02:02 PM
Beakermania*

Quote:
Originally Posted by buddahsmoka1 View Post
I am pretty sure it can only be a follow through on a shot on net, which it clearly wasn't.
no its a follow thorough on any play of the puck... pass, shot.. dump etc..

Beakermania* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2008, 02:03 PM
x-bob

Quote:
I was under the same impression. It wouldn't make sence if it was a follow through on any given occasion because most highsticks are indead follow throughs.

x-bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2008, 02:10 PM
TheCH*

Quote:
I think you are wrong.
60.1 High-sticking - A “high stick” is one which is carried above the height of the opponent’s shoulders. Players and goalkeepers must be in control and responsible for their stick. However, a player or goalkeeper is permitted accidental contact on an opponent if the act is committed as a normal windup or follow through of a shooting motion. A wild swing at a bouncing puck would not be considered a normal windup or follow through and any contact to an opponent above the height of the shoulders shall be penalized accordingly.

Its shooting motion, period. Streit was shooting the puck around the boards to clear the zone and Kovy took the follow through, no penalty.

Quote:
Originally Posted by x-bob View Post
I was under the same impression. It wouldn't make sence if it was a follow through on any given occasion because most highsticks are indead follow throughs.
Its not just a follow through on any occasion, its a wind up or follow through when you go to shoot the puck. Most high sticks do not happen like that at all, in fact i rarely see it happen.

TheCH* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2008, 02:33 PM
Agnostic
11 Stanley Cups

Quote:
Originally Posted by Team_Spirit View Post
Nice post Earl
Thanks. You have to be fairly impressed with the start, but I like the way they go about winning. One of the big changes I see this year is what comes from this team when they need a goal. Habs of not so long ago would buzz around energetically , cycle, take bad shots or dish off to the point for ultimately a routine save, in doing so they made other goaltenders look good. Fans often accepted that as an encouraging sign that the team was "in the game" or were perhaps robbed by good goaltending. Now the team shows that they truly can put together an attack and the other team needs to work to the 60th minute when the game's on the line.

Funny that this type of game came against the Islanders. Back in the '80's dynasty the Isles made a habit of winning games that to the eye of the fan they had no business being in. Yet they found a way to win. I think it's the sign of a champion when you can ride out the other team's flow to put yourself in a position to win, and when you can snatch the proverbial victory from defeat you're ready to go to the next level of contention.

Like I said I like what I see this year.

Agnostic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2008, 02:57 PM
WeThreeKings
DJ Nikita

Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
Comeback, shomeback. Gap control was a problem again tonight.

WeThreeKings is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2008, 03:06 PM
Belarus

Great win, boys! You remind me of unbeatable soccer team Brasil when their motto was: "You can score as many as you can. We can score as many as we want".

Belarus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2008, 04:23 PM
HamrlikTheStud*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belarus View Post
Great win, boys! You remind me of unbeatable soccer team Brasil when their motto was: "You can score as many as you can. We can score as many as we want".
Liked Andrei Kostitsyn?

HamrlikTheStud* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2008, 04:25 PM
Redux91
I do Three bullets.

Send a message via AIM to Redux91 Send a message via MSN to Redux91
Quote:
say hello to my new sig

Redux91 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2008, 05:08 PM
guest1467

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCH View Post
I think you are wrong.
60.1 High-sticking - A “high stick” is one which is carried above the height of the opponent’s shoulders. Players and goalkeepers must be in control and responsible for their stick. However, a player or goalkeeper is permitted accidental contact on an opponent if the act is committed as a normal windup or follow through of a shooting motion. A wild swing at a bouncing puck would not be considered a normal windup or follow through and any contact to an opponent above the height of the shoulders shall be penalized accordingly.

Its shooting motion, period. Streit was shooting the puck around the boards to clear the zone and Kovy took the follow through, no penalty.

Its not just a follow through on any occasion, its a wind up or follow through when you go to shoot the puck. Most high sticks do not happen like that at all, in fact i rarely see it happen.
The thing is that rule isn't worded very clearly. Because someone going to ring it around the boards is not a shot. A shot is an attempt on the net.

guest1467 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2008, 06:10 PM
Chomsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by earl the habs fan View Post
Thanks. You have to be fairly impressed with the start, but I like the way they go about winning. One of the big changes I see this year is what comes from this team when they need a goal. Habs of not so long ago would buzz around energetically , cycle, take bad shots or dish off to the point for ultimately a routine save, in doing so they made other goaltenders look good. Fans often accepted that as an encouraging sign that the team was "in the game" or were perhaps robbed by good goaltending. Now the team shows that they truly can put together an attack and the other team needs to work to the 60th minute when the game's on the line.

Funny that this type of game came against the Islanders. Back in the '80's dynasty the Isles made a habit of winning games that to the eye of the fan they had no business being in. Yet they found a way to win. I think it's the sign of a champion when you can ride out the other team's flow to put yourself in a position to win, and when you can snatch the proverbial victory from defeat you're ready to go to the next level of contention.

Like I said I like what I see this year.
Can we sticky this post?

Quote:
Amen.

Chomsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2008, 07:30 PM
BulldogFever

Islanders, next time play 60 minutes of hockey. Kovy, Pleks, Akost - what lit a fire under their a__ in the third period? It's like everybody forgot about Andy Sutton and decided to cut to the net. Bravo!!!

BulldogFever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2008, 10:35 PM
bib
#believe

someone needs to upload a video of the third

(forget the two first periods though)

bib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2008, 10:44 PM
Habskrieg