HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

At what point should the try a winger from Hartford?

Old
11-02-2008, 03:28 PM
blue2noise

vCash: 500
At what point should the try a winger from Hartford?

The most telling thing about the results from whatever line you put Zherdev on points to what many of us were worried about in the off season. We still have a big hole where a top two line winger would be. Assuming putting Drury back with Gomez is not the option, and the Dawes/Prucha/Fritche experiment not producing any points, who is the most likely call up to fill that void from the 'Pack, if any? How long do you wait before you try it out?

I though PA Parenteau showed some flash in the preseason, as did Dale Weise. I still think Korpedo didn't get enough games in on the wing.

What do you guys think?

blue2noise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2008, 04:10 PM
gravytrain6t

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue2noise View Post
The most telling thing about the results from whatever line you put Zherdev on points to what many of us were worried about in the off season. We still have a big hole where a top two line winger would be. Assuming putting Drury back with Gomez is not the option, and the Dawes/Prucha/Fritche experiment not producing any points, who is the most likely call up to fill that void from the 'Pack, if any? How long do you wait before you try it out?

I though PA Parenteau showed some flash in the preseason, as did Dale Weise. I still think Korpedo didn't get enough games in on the wing.

What do you guys think?
Well I think Korpokoski is ready now to step in as a third line winger or center. Most people would probably agree. In the pre season, Renney tried him at center, with Callahan and Prucha on the same line and I thought it worked terrific. Well anyone watching it would agree that it looked terrific. I would love to see a line like that put together and most importantly, KEPT together and see what they could do. I think the three of them work so well together because they are all relentless on the fore check and never stop hustling.

The reason why Korpokoski is down there is because (and this could take some time) Renney needs to find out exactly how good of players Dawes and Fritche are and can develop into. Does he want to keep both in the lineup? Just one? I hate to see Prucha sit this much but Renney is trying to give Fritche the benefit of the doubt that for good reason he was drafted 46th over all in the second round (kind of like Dubinsky). The thing that hurt Prucha so badly was last years performance scoring so little in so many games. Coach probably feels like some one else deserves the chance now. Not that I agree. As far as Korpokoski, it's just a matter of time before he comes back up. He's too good a talent.

gravytrain6t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2008, 04:17 PM
The Thomas J.*

I don't think we have any answer in Hartford for a top line winger @ the moment, all the guys are 3rd liners, we have a couple of options @ center to make a trade maybe.

The Thomas J.* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2008, 04:21 PM
NYR Viper

korpikoski and parenteau would get my vote

NYR Viper is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2008, 04:23 PM
Burlington Bomb 26
Louie Louie Oh oh

Korpedo >>>>>>>> Fritsche. He wouldn't have made that terrible pass yesterday to lead to the 3rd goal.

Burlington Bomb 26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2008, 04:38 PM
jniklast

as far as i have heard (or rather read) noone is really making a case for himself in hartford thus far this season...

jniklast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2008, 04:39 PM
gravytrain6t

Well if the op is referring to a top line winger or even a top 6 center or winger, I don't think we have the need. I'm fine with the playstation line as our first line. And the second line we got guys like Gomez, Naslund, and Drury. I would like to see that be our second line. I'm not really feeling this Gomez, Cally, Dawes line combo. And I'm not so sure about the line of Drury, Naslund and Fritche. Get Fritche out of there and put Gomez in at center. I would like to see Korpokoski get that chance as a center on the third line, however with Prucha on the right and either Callahan or Sjostrom on the left. If this were to happen. It won't be for a while. But I see a good solid 4 lines there.

Old
11-02-2008, 04:49 PM
John Torturella

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue2noise View Post

What do you guys think?
When we are not 7 games over .500 after 14 games.

John Torturella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2008, 04:59 PM
silverfish
Mr. Glass

Korpikoski + Parenteau >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>. Fritsche

silverfish is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2008, 05:16 PM
poeman
Fixing Rangers PP

give parenteau a chance

poeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2008, 05:16 PM
Vatchern

I would rather have korpedo in hartford playing top minutes so he can have 1 more year to develop.

Vatchern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2008, 05:22 PM
Vitto79

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vatchern View Post
I would rather have korpedo in hartford playing top minutes so he can have 1 more year to develop.
I agree..........next yr I expect Anisimov and Korpedo to be full time players..........hopefully they get the call later in the yr and produce ford the playoffs

starting to think it's inevitable they deal Dawes, Prucha, Fritsche type package for a real good winger AND before people start snapping on me I think Dawes has real good value, Prucha can even out salary going back and he could just need a change of scenery and Fritsche on some other teams could be a real good 3rd line winger given the ice time

I would be ok with it as long as it brings in a real good forward that they can fit under the cap

BUT for now the team has a great record so just play the games and see how things go

I think Parenteau has to clear re entry so i dont expect to see him as they cant risk the cap

Vitto79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2008, 06:11 PM
Celestial Black

I still wish Korp was up and playing.

Pru and Fritsche for some picks.

Celestial Black is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2008, 06:21 PM
offdacrossbar
with the 10th pick..

the only guy i want to see is korpedo. hes got jet feet and decent hands. i would let him play on that 3rd line and sit dawes down for a few games. play some prucha and give fritsche a continued look see. problem is maybe none of those guys really are good enough.

this team continues to suffer from too many 3rd line type and not enough top 6 talents.

having dru center line 3 sounds good unless we still dont have 4 top 6 wingers to play alot of productive minutes. and we dont.

offdacrossbar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2008, 07:12 PM
gravytrain6t

Quote:
Originally Posted by poeman View Post
give parenteau a chance
and put him in for....? That's the problem. Between Hartford and NY, and I'm talking about the younger type players. It's hard to say "he belongs but he doesn't." Because IMO, no one seems to stand out enough to be able to really grab hold and solidify a position with the Rangers. So many guys are more alike and it seems like no one is just so much better than the other kid. Because of "this,that,and the other thing." I can think of 3 or 4 guys already and they're all forwards who could make this team and possibly do just as good a job as Dawes, Prucha, Fritche and Callahan.

Old
11-02-2008, 07:53 PM
The Thomas J.*

Korpedo got caught up in the Numbers game, With the Rissmiller situation fast apporaching critical mass & Renney & co. desperatly trying to figure out what they have with Prucha & Dawes Korps was the odd man out.

I think Playing In Hartford isn't the worse thing in the world for him though, We all know he can play at the NHL level, he just needs some more polishing, so another half season or so there really won't hurt.

The Thomas J.* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2008, 10:57 PM
I Am Chariot
One shift at a time

I still kind of consider Dawes a winger from Hartford.