HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Joel Bouchard

Closed Thread

Old
11-01-2008, 10:45 PM
ZARTONK
Headscratcher!

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDamned View Post
He's the only hockey knowledgeable person on RDS right now.
i think jacques demers is knowledgeable enough for RDS... dont you?

Old
11-01-2008, 11:03 PM
Playoff Beard

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by znk View Post
He's a nice guy and like his tone and all but right now he doesnt bring a lot of insight. I have no doubt he'll work on that because he likes what he's doing.
I agree, during the game against the Canes, he was at ice level and every time they went to him for some comments, he kept saying how desperate the habs were and how energized the canes were over and over again.

Other than that, I think he'll have a career as an analyst, he is so passionate about the game.

Old
11-01-2008, 11:04 PM
Travis Moen

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZARTONK View Post
Lately I have been very disappointed by him. He doesn't bring much other than stating the obvious. Also, he protect too much french players. How many times does he defend Latendresse, Bouillon or Brisebois?

But yeah, if you compare him to Gaston Therrien or Le moron Chantelois, he is an oracle.

Old
11-02-2008, 12:12 AM
NewBlood

Demers may know hockey but he's such a bad communicator that he seems to only state the obvious. On the other hand, Bouchard seems to be right at his place in front of the camera. Hopefully he'll take Brunet's spot one day.

Old
11-02-2008, 12:22 AM
TheWhiteTiger

I think Bouchard is doing a great job on RDS. He is a good communicator and looks to be really comfortable in front of a camera. He would do a better job then Brunet with Houde, imo.

Old
11-02-2008, 12:28 AM
Chazz
HFBoards Sponsor

i enjoy Bouchard on rds...he is learning the trade

Old
11-02-2008, 12:33 AM
Newhabfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playoff Beard View Post
I agree, during the game against the Canes, he was at ice level and every time they went to him for some comments, he kept saying how desperate the habs were and how energized the canes were over and over again.

Other than that, I think he'll have a career as an analyst, he is so passionate about the game.

While there he once explained how the Canes coaching team was watching the Habs bench in order to adapt ("it's Saku's line..."). Then he gave info on Hammerlik's injury. He did a decent job.

Old
11-02-2008, 12:48 AM
Uber Coca

Bouchard's been great so far. Doesn't look afraid of the camera and he really knows the game. He predicts some things (in the shootout against Carolina, he said that the Canes player would shoot high stick side, and he did). He has some poise and don't go over the top with his arguments.

Other than this, anyone noticed on the post-game show Morissette trying to say things but couldn't 'cause Bergeron was talking. All his faces mimics of a 12 years old child that want to say something but can't was hilarious.

Old
11-02-2008, 12:48 AM
Jigger77

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWhiteTiger View Post
I think Bouchard is doing a great job on RDS. He is a good communicator and looks to be really comfortable in front of a camera. He would do a better job then Brunet with Houde, imo.
Ditto. It's rare to have a commentator who actually played in the NHL.

Imo he's doing awesome.

Old
11-02-2008, 06:59 AM
Sandvich
VERY NICE

Bouchard is horrible

I remenber the first game at bell center he said that Price is the next Roy and you could see Demers face

Old
11-02-2008, 07:32 AM
ReVeuF

I look forward to see a Danny Dubé-Joel Bouchard duo, they would rock

Old
11-02-2008, 07:59 AM
ander

I think Joel is great!

Though, pre-game when he talked about the Isles, you could tell he still has a beef with them. What he said about the Isles ownership, sounded like it came from the heart.

Old
11-02-2008, 08:03 AM
Playoff Beard

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReVeuF View Post
I look forward to see a Danny Dubé-Joel Bouchard duo, they would rock
I really hope Dubé and Mcguire will switch to RDS and replace Houde and Brunet. Dubé is such a great analyst and the way Mcguire describes the game is so exciting. The way he screamed when the habs scored the 5th goal was awesome.

With those two and a Bouchard with more experience, watching and listening to RDS would actually be informative.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newhabfan View Post
While there he once explained how the Canes coaching team was watching the Habs bench in order to adapt ("it's Saku's line..."). Then he gave info on Hammerlik's injury. He did a decent job.
Yeah, obviously, my statement was an exageration, he didn't complain about the lack energy all night long and he did bring some interesting facts about what you mentionned, but what I'm trying to say is that he still looked lost at times, he did repeat himself 3 or 4 times, talking about the energy on each side. It's all about confidence and I'm sure he'll learn fast because he knows the players well. He even called Cullen's move in the shootout.

Last edited by Beakermania*: 11-02-2008 at 11:08 AM.
Old
11-02-2008, 08:22 AM
TheDamned
"Only in Montréal"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZARTONK View Post
Ya he is aswell. But Brunet is atrocious sometimes so far. But i'll give him time, it's not an easy job.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandvich View Post
Bouchard is horrible

I remenber the first game at bell center he said that Price is the next Roy and you could see Demers face
Is this Sarcasm ?
Because Demers already said Price is the next Roy.

Last edited by Beakermania*: 11-02-2008 at 11:15 AM.
Old
11-02-2008, 08:45 AM
ReVeuF

Way too soon to compare Price with Roy... they should wait at least 5 years.

Old
11-02-2008, 10:01 AM
Mad Habber

Quote:
Originally Posted by medmed View Post
the best quote from bouchard up to now: " le hockey, c'est 90% mental pis 10% dans la tête"

I caught that.

Not as bad as the baseball guy who said that baseball was 90 mental and the other half was physical.

Old
11-02-2008, 03:36 PM
kevanos

I liked how Demers said that Roy was Roy, Brodeur was Brodeur and Price will be Price. There is no need to draw comparisons. Nobody goes around saying Brodeur is next Roy. Price's style is his own, he doesn't even look like Roy or Brodeur out there, why draw comparisons.

Bouchard is good, i like his enthusiasm and it feels like Demers is coaching him and congratulating him on good observations, it's fun to watch.

Brunet I will give more time before I judge him. I would like him to be more exciting. It's fun to have a homer calling your games. Houde does a great job at calling a fair view of ths game but adds emphasis to the habs without being too biased.

Old
11-02-2008, 04:33 PM
Sandvich
VERY NICE

Quote:
Ya he is aswell. But Brunet is atrocious sometimes so far. But i'll give him time, it's not an easy job.

Is this Sarcasm ?
Because Demers already said Price is the next Roy.
Demers said Price is good like Roy was

Bouchard said Price is Roy

Old
11-02-2008, 04:46 PM
Ra
satan is my homie

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewBlood View Post
Demers may know hockey but he's such a bad communicator that he seems to only state the obvious. On the other hand, Bouchard seems to be right at his place in front of the camera. Hopefully he'll take Brunet's spot one day.
Demers has this problem in his personality where he always needs to feel "loved", as you could see with his attention seeking book or this quote after he won the Cup: "Now people will have to respect me (or sth like that). Anyway, all this to say that Demers will always say what the average listener wants to here. He even said it himself "I couldn't predict the Canadiens would be better then 7th, people at home would have thought I was crazy". Also he's anglophone, that's why he's that great in French.

Brunet, on the other hand, used to say what was on his mind. Then, he got moved to the colour guy and now you can see that he's saying things to be popular. (showbizz is like politics, it's all about popularity and image.)

Old
11-02-2008, 04:56 PM
Russeltown

Quote:
He's the only hockey knowledgeable person on RDS right now.
I like when he they gets his comments while he is on the ice level, close to the Habs' bench. Moreover, he knows some guys (O'Byrne, Price, Halak, Chip, Lapierre).

Old
11-02-2008, 05:12 PM
Team_Spirit
Tinordi-Subban

vCash: 700
Bouchard rules he brings a lot of knowledge to the show.

Brunet is alright, i love it when he laugh after the Habs score.

Old
11-02-2008, 05:19 PM
TheDamned
"Only in Montréal"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandvich View Post
Demers said Price is good like Roy was

Bouchard said Price is Roy
My bad.
But Demers said the habs would win the cup with Jim Carey.... uhhh... Carey Price.

That was hilarious.

Old
11-02-2008, 07:36 PM
1UP

Quote:
Originally Posted by medmed View Post
the best quote from bouchard up to now: " le hockey, c'est 90% mental pis 10% dans la tête"

Not the first time he says that. Said it quite a few times in Académie de Hockey.

And yes, it's intended to be that way.

Old
11-02-2008, 08:09 PM
znk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newhabfan View Post
Most of the times during that game his comments were "Things can change in a game. You can be down by a couple and at some point they change.

His interventions didnt give any technical insight.

Old
11-02-2008, 08:18 PM
AlexCvm

Funny how you guys are always complaining with analysts or play-by-play guys...

Closed Thread