HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Sergei Kost... after 10 games review

Old
11-02-2008, 02:52 PM
ReVeuF

vCash: 500
Sergei Kost... after 10 games review

Sergei got an awesome start but since Andrei got injured he is not even the ghost of himself...

Don't know what is wrong but he is invisible...

ReVeuF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2008, 02:55 PM
Artyukhin*

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReVeuF View Post
Sergei got an awesome start but since Andrei got injured he is not even the ghost of himself...

Don't know what is wrong but he is invisible...
sam ganger hit the same wall in edmonton
. its common they will work thru it .

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/teams/players/...ame=nhl-oilers

Artyukhin* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2008, 02:58 PM
Teufelsdreck

It's too early to judge. I'm just glad the Habs are winning despite his lack of production.

Teufelsdreck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2008, 03:08 PM
JAVO16

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think SKost got his 4 points playing with Lang and Latendresse. If so, Guy's demotion to the third line last game may help Sergei to get back on track.

JAVO16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2008, 03:09 PM
Beakermania*

is this like the Kovalev ZZZZZzzzz thread....

Sergei 4 point night on Saturday.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VO Ouragan16 View Post
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think SKost got his 4 points playing with Lang and Latendresse. If so, Guy's demotion to the third line last game may help Sergei to get back on track.
you're wrong.... his points came with Lang and Kostopolous at even strength...

and on the point on teh PP.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In all reality this thread is a factor of our unrealistic expectations for Sergei this year.... He is 21 years old and is just now about to have played a full NHL season. If he gets 40 points this year, we should be happy.

These 55-60 point predictions we had for him before the season were unrealistic.

Beakermania* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2008, 03:09 PM
Redux91
I do Three bullets.

Send a message via AIM to Redux91 Send a message via MSN to Redux91
until we figure out (carbo figures out..) SET, SET LINES, and know which PP unit is better, sergei will have an occasional great game, but its not like hes playing BAD out there, theres so much hapening with the lines and injuries and i suspect, you will see him get better before he gets worse

Redux91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2008, 03:11 PM
JAVO16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beakermania View Post
is this like the Kovalev ZZZZZzzzz thread....

Sergei 4 point night on Saturday.

you're wrong.... his points came with Lang and Kostopolous at even strength...

and on the point on teh PP.
Ah well, anyway, I do remember them looking good together during one pre-season game( the last one I think).

JAVO16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2008, 03:13 PM
Namso

I'm actually not worried about the points, what I am worried about is how lost he looks out there. For some, he cant control the puck anymore.

Hopefully a set line will help him.

Namso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2008, 03:13 PM
kevanos

well if you want a 10 game review you know the answer, 4 points in 10 games is disappointing. But it's WAY to early to draw conclusions. Players go through highs and lows in a season and consistency is very difficult to achieve, especially for a player with little experience. 10 games is too small a sample size.

He hasn't played a full season yet in the NHL, he's like 21 years old, there's the common sophomore slumps new players usually experience, so a 10 game stint isn't surprising at all.

But we saw the real sergei vs Toronto, 2G 1A (right?), the kid has mad skills but is still learning how to be a pro. Its good he's on the 3rd with little pressure and well surrounded, the Habs brass know how to develop their youth.

Take Lats for example, after a surprising rookie year (even if some people still argue he had no reason to be on the team, he still put up good numbers) he had what people considered a "let down" in his 2nd year even if he matched his 1st year points. So unless sergei improves right away people will disappointed, expect 40-50pts from him, if he doesn't get there don't worry too much about it, if gets more, be grateful we have such a talented youngster. But again, after 10 games it's impossible to know how his season will turn out.

kevanos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2008, 03:15 PM
mcphee

My criticism of S.Kost. is that he likes to admire his skillful passes a bit too much, when he should be heading into traffic afterwards, getting his nose dirty. He isn't shy about contact, he's proven willing to deliver the blow, he has to show he can take them too, by heading to the net. He's a great perimeter passer and I'm pretty sure that considering who his coaches are, he'll be encouraged to move his feet in the zone and get more involved.

Like a few others, he's a work in progress.

mcphee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2008, 04:03 PM
HockeyF3ind

Quote:
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In all reality this thread is a factor of our unrealistic expectations for Sergei this year.... He is 21 years old and is just now about to have played a full NHL season. If he gets 40 points this year, we should be happy.

These 55-60 point predictions we had for him before the season were unrealistic.
Really? I don't think many of us are predicting Sergei will score 30 goals this season but the possibility of him getting 30-40 assists this season is highly likely in my opinion, if that happens then it might not be so unrealistic for him to get 55+ points....if he can score half as many goals as assists he gets.

HockeyF3ind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2008, 04:05 PM
Pascal

He has been average but he is still very young. Some people really expected too much out of him if they are very disappointed already.

I agree with McPhee though, he needs to get his nose dirtier..

Pascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2008, 04:10 PM
Beakermania*

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyF3ind View Post
Really? I don't think many of us are predicting Sergei will score 30 goals this season but the possibility of him getting 30-40 assists this season is highly likely in my opinion, if that happens then it might not be so unrealistic for him to get 55+ points....if he can score half as many goals as assists he gets.
I think all of our players will have slightly less points than they might get on another team....
We are so deep and so good that none of our forwards is gonna average 22:00 per game on a consistent basis.
This means a slight bit less points for all of them... but because we have a great top 9 it also means more goals for the team.
Could Kovalev get 95 points?? Yeah maybe if he plays over 20 minutes a game he can add 10-15 extra points to his total, but i think we are better off with him playing less and scoring 80 points.
Could Tanguay get 90?? Maybe, but again i think we are better off if he stays fresh for the playoffs and he gets his 75-80.
Higgins 65 points?? same thing... i think he's closer to 50.
and so on down the list.

For sergei, In his third line role.... I really think expecting 55 points is too much. He might get there if everything goes perfect for him.... but if he finishes with 40 points I won't be dissapointed especially at his age, and knowing he isn't getting huge minutes.

Old
11-02-2008, 04:15 PM
RC51

I am not surprised.
Andre gets smashed, looks really hurt, is really hurt and Serge for the first time sees his brother really hurt. Serge was seen crying on the bench and Koivu had to put his arms around him to calm him down. When you get hurt like that you just want to be at home with loved ones and that's not in Montreal. Carbonneau has just kept them both close to the Habs family and let time do it's thing. It might take them 3-4 more games to get back on the horse and put it all behind them.

RC51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2008, 04:17 PM
le_sean

Sophomore slump, it's not the first time this happens.

le_sean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2008, 04:33 PM
centrehice

Quote:
I think all of our players will have slightly less points than they might get on another team....
We are so deep and so good that none of our forwards is gonna average 22:00 per game on a consistent basis.
This means a slight bit less points for all of them... but because we have a great top 9 it also means more goals for the team.
I wouldn't say all our players makes sense. Maybe our star players. Because for every star not getting 22+ minutes, there is a 3rd liner getting 15+ minutes. Which should help everyone's point totals but the stars

centrehice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2008, 04:35 PM
goalchenyuk

A) wait and see
B) bench him for a game and see what he 'll do the next game
C) send him down in the AHL for a while
D) put Andrei on his line and see
E) trade him ; he's a bust

i choose option A for now .

goalchenyuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2008, 05:07 PM
Beakermania*

Quote:
Originally Posted by centrehice View Post
I wouldn't say all our players makes sense. Maybe our star players. Because for every star not getting 22+ minutes, there is a 3rd liner getting 15+ minutes. Which should help everyone's point totals but the stars
To me those third liners are second liners on many teams in the league.... that 15 minutes is closer to 18 on some other teams.

Old
11-02-2008, 06:22 PM
JMMR

Send a message via MSN to JMMR Send a message via Yahoo to JMMR
He will have a 4 point weekend.
Maybe more depends on when they decide to play 1st 2nd or 3rd period.

JMMR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2008, 06:24 PM
shredder11

Quote:
Originally Posted by doug mckenzie View Post
sam ganger hit the same wall in edmonton
. its common they will work thru it .

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/teams/players/...ame=nhl-oilers
I just dropped both in my pool+pleks last nite

shredder11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2008, 06:49 PM
centrehice

Quote:
To me those third liners are second liners on many teams in the league.... that 15 minutes is closer to 18 on some other teams.
Ya, I agree that they would not be 3rd liners on other teams.

What I'm saying is you said all our players points are deflated cause they don't get 22+ minutes. But I'm saying by the same token, for every player not getting 22+ minutes, another player is getting more minutes, inflating their points.

centrehice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2008, 06:52 PM
CanadienErrant*

S.Kost should be sent down to hamilton for a wake up call. D"agostini should be called up.

CanadienErrant* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2008, 06:55 PM
Beakermania*

Quote:
Originally Posted by centrehice View Post
Ya, I agree that they would not be 3rd liners on other teams.

What I'm saying is you said all our players points are deflated cause they don't get 22+ minutes. But I'm saying by the same token, for every player not getting 22+ minutes, another player is getting more minutes, inflating their points.
Yeah i can see that...

We are just taking two different approaches to our third liners...

If i understand right...
You are saying their minutes and points are inflated because they play more as third liners on our team then third liners on other teams play; since we dont' give our first line 22 minutes.
Where I am saying their minutes our decreased cause they are third liners with us but would be second liners elsewhere.

Either way i think we both agree that we have great depth...

================================================== =========
But to get back to the original point.... should we be disappointed if Sergei doesn't get 55-60 pts this year?? I'm saying no... I'm happy if he gets 40... any more than that is gravy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadienErrant View Post
S.Kost should be sent down to hamilton for a wake up call. D"agostini should be called up.

Old
11-02-2008, 07:12 PM
zurg999

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadienErrant View Post
S.Kost should be sent down to hamilton for a wake up call. Chipchura should be called up.
(little fun with your post there )

zurg999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2008, 07:12 PM
Kachino

Sergei Kostitsyn rules!

This post has been sponsored by Erika Kostitsyn

Kachino is offline   Reply With Quote