HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Chicago Blackhawks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Attention Blackhawks: It's OK to win on the road, too (Blackhawks @ Columbus 11/1)

Old
11-01-2008, 08:56 PM
Blackhawkswincup
Global Moderator

vCash: 340
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asinine View Post
I think that you're more blinded about Khabibulin than I am about Huet, seriously, but whatever, lol.
Well Khabibulin is the better goalie, Has the better contract and did play very good the last 2 yrs!

Blackhawkswincup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-01-2008, 09:01 PM
enforcersrule

vCash: 500
I would hardly say Khabi played "very good" the last two years. He played decent.

Neither goaltender, frankly, is worth the money we are shelling out for them (IMO). I tend to agree that Huet needs to go, though. One shining night (woah - did I just type "shining" in reference to Huet?!) is not enough to prove him as a starter in this city. Sorry, it just doesn't.

Khabi is following his typical pattern - it's a contract year, so of course he is going to step it up.

As for the church comment... if I went to church at all, then perhaps I would be in the morning. Surely I saw a miracle tonight!

And it's nice to see Toews getting the nod as our starting shootout man - he's definetely more deserving of the play than Kane at this point.

enforcersrule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-01-2008, 09:06 PM
massivegoonery

Quote:
Originally Posted by enforcersrule View Post
And now for the shootout loss.

Let's see if Columbus's coach laughs at our SO lineup like Detroit's did...
... and we'll see if Kane can actually change things up, or if he's going to pull the same tired move he always does, and has subsequently been shut down on every SO thus far this season.
Kane did a different thing in each shootout so far this season.

massivegoonery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-01-2008, 09:10 PM
enforcersrule

He has tried to lure the goalie to one side and then elevate it each time... and gets stopped every time because it's the same thing he always does. Just like he gets shut down on the few chances he's had crashing the net this year. The only goals I've seen from him this year have been tip-ins....

Old
11-01-2008, 09:11 PM
Coldplay
Courage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackhawkswincup View Post
Well Khabibulin is the better goalie, Has the better contract and did play very good the last 2 yrs!
Really, the better goalie?

Talking about the last THREE years, Huet has been better in each one, better GAA, SV%, more shutouts, an All-Star berth, and how does ''the better contract'' mean anything? Is that seriously relevant? Alexei Yashin was making $90 million until he was bought out, does that make him better than Patrick Sharp or Patrick Kane right now, making considerably less?

Justify the ''better goalie'', if you want to live up to your Khabibulin love, you better back it up with actual facts...

Coldplay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-01-2008, 09:13 PM
massivegoonery

Quote:
He has tried to lure the goalie to one side and then elevate it each time... and gets stopped every time because it's the same thing he always does. Just like he gets shut down on the few chances he's had crashing the net this year. The only goals I've seen from him this year have been tip-ins....
He led the league last year, you know. And he did a whole bunch of different stuff last year. I don't think you have the slightest clue as to what you're talking about.

He's the best player on our team and about 80% of our offense. If you've got a problem with how he plays, I suggest you find a different team to watch.

Old
11-01-2008, 09:17 PM
Sean Avery*

Now the Hawks are forced to lose their next game since the refs wanted them to lose tonight... don't even watch the next game... the script writers will make them lose for sure.

Sean Avery* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-01-2008, 09:20 PM
massivegoonery

Quote:
Really, the better goalie?

Talking about the last THREE years, Huet has been better in each one, better GAA, SV%, more shutouts, an All-Star berth, and how does ''the better contract'' mean anything? Is that seriously relevant? Alexei Yashin was making $90 million until he was bought out, does that make him better than Patrick Sharp or Patrick Kane right now, making considerably less?

Justify the ''better goalie'', if you want to live up to your Khabibulin love, you better back it up with actual facts...
I think Khabibulin is the better goaltender when he's on his game. Over the past few years, however, Huet has been much more consistent. With Huet's crappy start, I don't see consistency so I start to wonder if he was worth signing.

By better contract, I believe that he meant that he's gone after this year. Many of us think that Niemi is (or will soon be) the best goaltender in the organization and wish him to be the starter as soon as possible.

Old
11-01-2008, 09:26 PM
enforcersrule

Quote:
Originally Posted by massivegoonery View Post
He led the league last year, you know. And he did a whole bunch of different stuff last year. I don't think you have the slightest clue as to what you're talking about.

He's the best player on our team and about 80% of our offense. If you've got a problem with how he plays, I suggest you find a different team to watch.
I am well aware that he led last year - and I think he had an exceptional season last year.

I cannot say the same for him this year. The entire league has his number. He is too predictable and he is too easy to read. He has been asked in interviews on more than one occasion (especially in reference to the shootout) if he will be "changing things up" because it seems the "go-to move" (as he called it) hasn't been working, and he himself in at least one of those interviews recognized that he needed to do something differently.

I have been watching the Hawks since I can remember, and I've seen more than my fair share of players that I could do without on the ice. (I don't think anyone cheered more than I did when Cheli left. I can't stand that man.)

Please don't get me wrong - I don't think Kane is a bad player... I think he's had a bad few games this season, and he needs to change something. I also think he is lucky to have such a good line around him to help him produce, because left to do it himself, I don't think he'd be getting it done this season.

Old
11-01-2008, 09:42 PM
Coldplay
Courage

Quote:
I think Khabibulin is the better goaltender when he's on his game. Over the past few years, however, Huet has been much more consistent. With Huet's crappy start, I don't see consistency so I start to wonder if he was worth signing.

By better contract, I believe that he meant that he's gone after this year. Many of us think that Niemi is (or will soon be) the best goaltender in the organization and wish him to be the starter as soon as possible.
So why is it Cristobal was signed again...I like Niemi very much as well.

Old
11-01-2008, 09:44 PM
Blackhawkswincup
Global Moderator

Quote:
Simple really! Dale Tallon is an idiot!

Old
11-01-2008, 09:46 PM
Blackhawkswincup
Global Moderator

Quote:

Well considering how bad the Hawks were in 06-07 I think Khabby's play was very good. And last year He played great almost carrying us to playoffs.

It should be Khabibulin-Niemi/Crawford in goal with Sharp-Lang-Havlat as our 2nd line!

Old
11-01-2008, 09:57 PM
Coldplay
Courage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackhawkswincup View Post
Simple really! Dale Tallon is an idiot!
Agreed there, he could've remained in Washington, the Caps loved him and really need him now...but he was pretty lowballed there, and I mean BAD, and this was his chance to cash in...sigh, you have no idea how loved he was in Montreal, guy never caught a break, some fans dissed him, but he's a classy gent who gets really really hot.

Old
11-01-2008, 11:05 PM
not dominator

Quote:
Well at the time Niemi was a pretty big question mark, he hadn't even been in a preseason game at that point.

not dominator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-01-2008, 11:51 PM
Sean Avery*

Quote:
Originally Posted by not dominator View Post
Well at the time Niemi was a pretty big question mark, he hadn't even been in a preseason game at that point.
GIve the Finn a chance!! I have no ulterior motives... I swear!

Sean Avery* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2008, 10:14 AM
jktsfan*

Maybe this is the wrong thread to post this question but do any of you guys think Huet deserved the #1 star as opposed to Toews?

jktsfan* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2008, 11:04 AM
not dominator

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanAvery1616 View Post
GIve the Finn a chance!! I have no ulterior motives... I swear!
He definitely deserves a shot, he's been lights out in the AHL/preseason/camp. Its just a matter of finding a dance partner to get rid of Khabi which seems like it will never happen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jktsfan View Post
Maybe this is the wrong thread to post this question but do any of you guys think Huet deserved the #1 star as opposed to Toews?
Hrm...tough call, Toews didn't even have a point but won the game. If we'd won in regulation it definitely would have been Huet, and he played great in the shootout...sort of a tossup really, just happy to have won a game.

not dominator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2008, 11:51 AM
Teemu

Quote:
Originally Posted by jktsfan View Post
Only if he hadn't let in that softie shot. Seems like he's the new Khabibulin, letting in one soft goal per game. Frankly, if you told me that the start of the season was an elaborate prank and that Huet and Bulin switched jerseys before each game, I'd believe it. In fact, I'd be thrilled.

IMO, it shouldn't have been Toews, though. I have no problem with GWG leading to being #1 stars, but not if theyre during shootouts.

Teemu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2008, 12:28 PM
massivegoonery

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teemu View Post
Only if he hadn't let in that softie shot. Seems like he's the new Khabibulin, letting in one soft goal per game. Frankly, if you told me that the start of the season was an elaborate prank and that Huet and Bulin switched jerseys before each game, I'd believe it. In fact, I'd be thrilled.

IMO, it shouldn't have been Toews, though. I have no problem with GWG leading to being #1 stars, but not if theyre during shootouts.
I don't think the Hawks should have had a single star in that game.

Old
11-02-2008, 06:59 PM
lfchockey*

Quote:
I am well aware that he led last year - and I think he had an exceptional season last year.

I cannot say the same for him this year. The entire league has his number. He is too predictable and he is too easy to read. He has been asked in interviews on more than one occasion (especially in reference to the shootout) if he will be "changing things up" because it seems the "go-to move" (as he called it) hasn't been working, and he himself in at least one of those interviews recognized that he needed to do something differently.

I have been watching the Hawks since I can remember, and I've seen more than my fair share of players that I could do without on the ice. (I don't think anyone cheered more than I did when Cheli left. I can't stand that man.)

Please don't get me wrong - I don't think Kane is a bad player... I think he's had a bad few games this season, and he needs to change something. I also think he is lucky to have such a good line around him to help him produce, because left to do it himself, I don't think he'd be getting it done this season.
I couldn't agree more. All teams seem to know exactly what he's doing and they've shut him down completely... all 13 points (leading the team) That's a sophomore slump if I've ever seen one.

lfchockey* is offline   Reply With Quote