HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Sundin takes first step toward NHL return

Old
11-02-2008, 06:26 PM
goalchenyuk

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustafa View Post
I just had the idea that Ek can't be a liar, how could someone make a living of lying (I'm talking about the lie itself being your money maker)? He couldn't go on life, that would be the most discusting life possible.
maybe you should meet few of our politicians ....

goalchenyuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2008, 07:37 PM
Nitehowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc Hock View Post
Gotta Love It!!!!!

TSN is floating the concept that the Habs will sign Sundin and eat salaries by sending guys to Hamilton

As unrealistic as it may sound, it actually makles sense

doc hock
If by chance Sundin says a Stanley Cup is more important than $$$... would you be willing to sign him for one year @ 1.5M say and use Lang as the 4th line C ????

Nitehowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2008, 07:39 PM
mlandry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitehowl View Post
If by chance Sundin says a Stanley Cup is more important than $$$... would you be willing to sign him for one year @ 1.5M say and use Lang as the 4th line C ????
I think Lang would ask to be traded. IMO he's already much better than most 3rd line centers and could easily center a 1st or 2nd line.

mlandry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2008, 07:42 PM
Blades 0f Steel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustafa View Post
I just had the idea that Ek can't be a liar, how could someone make a living of lying (I'm talking about the lie itself being your money maker)? He couldn't go on life, that would be the most discusting life possible.
Al "really bad Vincent Price imitator" Strachan doesn't seem to have a problem sleeping at night...

Blades 0f Steel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2008, 09:20 PM
Hab-a-maniac

To me, it's obvious. Mats is waiting until the playoff drive where teams can sign him and not have to worry about a full year's contract hurting the cap. He's cherry picking, in other words. It will depend on who truly needs an impact centre. Even if we need some help there in March, I'd be hesitant since he might not exactly pick up where he left off and any chemistry change could be disruptive. Perhaps Detroit's a front runner with all their Swedes and everything but there's a logjam of good forwards there.

What Detroit would rather not add another big name to an already stacked team? Same goes for us. He is more likely to go to a playoff team who need a star centre to elevate themselves to a cup-winning level cause they're not there already (potential teams needing a top flight centre for a playoff run include Chicago, Anaheim, Calgary, Washington, Buffalo... and the NY Rangers- only because they loooove UFAs even though Gomez and Drury deserve not to be passed over for big Mats)

Hab-a-maniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2008, 09:27 PM
YMCMBeaulieu
A$AP MICHEL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitehowl View Post
Could always put Sundin or Lang on the wing and put Latendresse on the 4th line... if Sundin wanted a cup that bad though i'm sure he would've decided like 4 months ago if he wanted to play.

YMCMBeaulieu is offline   Reply With Quote