HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Sports Night 360

Old
11-03-2008, 05:23 AM
Player 61
#Winning

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Player 61
Sports Night 360

Does anyone else actually like to watch this program at 6:30 on Sat evenings? It used to be called the Habs this week & was called the Expos this week in summer. I've been told/Informed that the A-Holes in Toronto want to have a whole hour of news in Montreal on Sat evenings & will cancel this great show. Just wondering if anyone else watches this & maybe we can save it.

On my last 5 year contract in Toronto I had Bell Xpressview which carries CTV Montreal & my girlfriend used to tell people that We'll hook with after 7pm Cause Rich is watching the Habs this week at 6:30....

This is a Local prelude to Hockey night in Canada.... & would be sorely missed.

Last edited by Player 61: 11-03-2008 at 05:30 AM.
Player 61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2008, 06:57 AM
Guiness time

i'm with you...solid show...love seeing melnik & co on tv.

Guiness time is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2008, 07:38 AM
mcphee

I really enjoyed this show, though it's a tough time slot. I like the way they get people from different media, whether print,radio or the same from the French speaking media. I've always liked Ron Reusch as a guy who is credible on most sports but can discuss them like a guy over a tavern table.

mcphee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2008, 08:16 AM
Player 61
#Winning

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcphee View Post
tavern table.
You took the words out of my mouth, thats what it is a Tavern table with a modern camera...I'm surprised that fracophones don't watch it as they often invite them & they seem to be pleased & honored to talk hockey on the Bar table...

Old
11-03-2008, 08:25 AM
mcphee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atwater Ghost View Post
You took the words out of my mouth, thats what it is a Tavern table with a modern camera...I'm surprised that fracophones don't watch it as they often invite them & they seem to be plaesed & honored to talk hockey on the table...
I like the way it gives you a unique persepctive. Let's face it, if 70% of the media and that's just an arbitrary number, works in the French language,at least 70% of the talent isthere and it's nice to add new views into the mix,esp. in a format that you don't normally see them in.

If I'm in on Sunday mornings, I'll watch the reporters, but it comes off kind of professorial when in fact, they're just talking sports.

Local programming is a tough sell these days. Other than news, what else is produced locally in English ? The Ottawa affiliate has, I believe one locally produced show, a half hour show in the same time slot that highlights local artisans.

The $ probably drives these decsions, but it doesn't mean we have to like it.

mcphee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2008, 08:32 AM
Player 61
#Winning

Apparenty they will add like 8 mins of news time to hockey talk in Montreal, this is not good enough. Losing local flavour is terrible, it's what drives cities & provinces, yes we are all Canada in the end, theres no mistake there, but a half hour a week talking Habs wouldn't kill us...

What a shame that CTV is turning the great City of Montreal into McDonald's.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guiness time View Post
i'm with you...solid show...love seeing melnik & co on tv.
Cities become generic & faceless without local programming.

Last edited by Habs10Habs: 11-03-2008 at 11:06 AM.
Old
11-03-2008, 10:10 AM
Guiness time

local content is great, I love how they often get members of the french media, gives it a different twist. I met Ron Reusch a few times as well, great guy...put up with my annoying friend for 2 hours who was hammering him with questions after the game...amazingly he never seemed to be annoyed.

Guiness time is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2008, 10:27 AM
Player 61
#Winning

I also met Ron once, funny he seems to come over so well. It's almost like he's part of the City like the 105 bus(just normal & timely & when you look for it/need it, it's there), anglo easy going & belongs to Montreal...nice guy.

I remember his passion in the Expos days, great citizen to have on the Island...

Ron was the master of spring training reports ...when we had a team

Last edited by Habs10Habs: 11-03-2008 at 11:05 AM.