HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Calgary Flames
Notices

PGT: Flames @ Ducks, Game 12

View Poll Results: Who was the Flames' MVP tonight?
Curtis Glencross 1 5.00%
Jarome Iginla 1 5.00%
Todd Bertuzzi 4 20.00%
Miikka Kiprusoff 14 70.00%
Voters: 20. You may not vote on this poll

Old
11-02-2008, 09:36 PM
Snoil11

vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to Snoil11 Send a message via Yahoo to Snoil11
PGT: Flames @ Ducks, Game 12

Fire away!!!

Snoil11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2008, 09:42 PM
Noori

vCash: 50
Kiprusoff, despite him not being able to bail us out this time. He played really well.

Noori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2008, 09:43 PM
Phaneufed
Thrashers Fly 4ever

Kipper for the most part was solid tonight, really saved our ***** in the third. Not at all surprised we lost this game though, we can just never seem to beat them in the Honda Center, and we really suck on Sunday games.

Oh well, a new 6 game winning streak will start next game for the Flames.

Phaneufed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2008, 09:44 PM
StreakingRed
**Rebuild Ahead**

Disapointing not to see this game even tied after the Flames looked to be pressing hard to comeback, but I wasn't surprised to see that the 3-0 deficit proved costly against a team like the Ducks, and had a mediocre PP all night. If only Iginla had scored on that breakaway, dammit.

On a positive note, the Flames did play better than I thought they would without Regehr in the lineup.

Phaneuf with over 30 minutes of ice time tonight.

StreakingRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2008, 09:45 PM
Pomeranian

Well we "can't win em all." If we were gonna lose, I didn't want it to be embarrassing. And its not! Bert is looking good. Kipper. Well, 2nd star in the Molson stars....they have nothing but praise for him on Sportsnet. Glenncross was happy for him. Cannot stand Perry....ha. Go Flames Go.

Pomeranian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2008, 09:46 PM
Hyde

Deep in everyone heart of hearts they were going to lose sooner or later. The Flames looked tired not surprising this game 3 in 4 nights and they were playing without Regehr.

Happy they manged a comeback making the game interesting near the end. Hey at least they didn't quit! Oh and Kipper was great, especially in the 3rd period when the Flames were pressing to tie.

EDIT: I voted for Bert, I liked his goal and it wasn't his fault Iggy is snakebitten.

Last edited by Hyde: 11-02-2008 at 09:51 PM.
Hyde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2008, 09:53 PM
Snoil11

Send a message via ICQ to Snoil11 Send a message via Yahoo to Snoil11
If not for our sloppy powerplay and the bad starts into the first and second period, it would have been a very good road game IMO.
I was pretty surprised by the Flames' discipline and speed tonight. Coming off a short rest after last night's game, we didn't take any lazy penalties, which was one of our biggest flaws in last season's campaign.
MVP went to Kiprusoff, who kept us into the game and justified Keenan's decision to stick with him after the three goal deficit.

Snoil11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2008, 09:58 PM
Hyde

The Flames are 12-18-9 with Regehr out of the line up.

Old
11-02-2008, 10:21 PM
Ticonderoga

I had to miss the game so what the heck happened to Regehr???

Ticonderoga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2008, 10:24 PM
flamesfan12

Send a message via AIM to flamesfan12 Send a message via MSN to flamesfan12 Send a message via Yahoo to flamesfan12
Pretty good game all things considered. The guys were obviously gassed at the end there and just couldn't get that tying goal. They definetly had the effort tonight and that is all you can ask for. Can't win them all.

Giordano had a really good game. Stepped up in Regehr's absence and was a force all night. Unfortunate he couldn't be rewarded on atleast one of his several chances. Bert what else can you say. Another great game and he has fit in so well. Kipper was good once again. Hope McElhinney gets to start soon though.

Looking forward to Tuesday's game and hopefully the flames can get another winning streak started.

flamesfan12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2008, 10:29 PM
flamesfan12

Send a message via AIM to flamesfan12 Send a message via MSN to flamesfan12 Send a message via Yahoo to flamesfan12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Classy Iggy View Post
I had to miss the game so what the heck happened to Regehr???
Lower body injury suffered against the kings. No idea how serious it is, but Playfair did say they hope he'll be back on Tuesday in an interview.

flamesfan12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2008, 09:03 AM
Northern Neighbour

Definitely Kipper. He gave the Flames a chance to win again.

I thought Bertuzzi looked good. He generated several scoring chances and was arguably the Flames' best forward last night.

Vandermeer had a strong game as well. He's playing much better lately.

Northern Neighbour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2008, 11:43 AM
Lanny'sDaMan

vCash: 1075
First Period
Well with Regher being a late scratch, Pardy draws in, and the so begins the game. The first five minutes were almost identical to the game from yesterday. Standing around and not really doing much. And the Flames paid for that. I don’t blame Miikka for that goal at all as no one in the scrum in front of him could seem to clear it out of harms way.

Shortly thereafter the Flames kicked it into gear and played a much better game. The rest of the period they played smart both offensively and defensively, with one serious breakdown that Miikka covered nicely. First passes out of the zone were crisp and most of the offensive zone passes were well timed. It’s only a matter of time they keep playing like that.

The Powerplay unit, tho held scoreless was very very good. Lots of sustained pressure and pucks on net. They tended to carry the puck in and get set up fairly well. Giguere was the best killer for the Ducks.

Second Period
Again the Flames decided not to show up for the first five minutes and the Ducks took serious advantage of that. 2 goals in 45 seconds just off of a “successful” PK. I put that in quotations because they pretty much stood there and watched the Ducks til they decided to score less than a second after the penalty ended. But then after the 5 minute mark the Flames showed up again.

Sustained puck pressure and a solid forecheck led to offensive zone faceoffs. One of which turned into a goal by a nice rebound by Glencross. He’s been playing very well and tonight was no exception. He was skating, pressing the forecheck, and drawing penalties.

The Powerplay was again very good, and very shutout. The chances were there but Giguere stood tall and denied all. I was very impressed with the passing all round but particularily the power play unit’s crisp tape to tape passes. Keep playing this way and the goals will come. Hard work is invariably rewarded.

Thanks Cory Perry BTW. Not only did you negate a goal, you took FOUR minutes of needless penalties. Smart Hockey? I don’t think so.

Third Period
Well the Flames showed for this whole period. Bertuzzi started it off with a great goal, that I thought came on the first penalty. Well seems the timekeepers disagreed, and so we lose a whole 2 minute PP. Miikka was again stellar that frame stopping shots he had no right stopping.

This was definitely a case of too little too late, and when you don’t play for the full game you won’t win. Just like I said last night, any team in the NHL will take you to the cleaners if you don’t play to your full potential every minute of every game. And let’s be honest, Anaheim outworked and out played the Flames tonight.

Three Stars By Me
1. Ryan Getzlaf
2. Scott Neidermayer
3. J.S. Giguere

Lanny'sDaMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2008, 01:46 PM
Hyde

Giguere 3rd star! Really Lanny, wow I have to disagree. I would have at least gave one of those Stars to a Flame.

Come on this is a good loss the Flames came back hard, took it to the Ducks in their building, and almost pulled off a win. Really the D played good over all without Reggie, some mistakes but they recovered as the game progressed.

It will be interesting to see how the team responds vs Yotes on Tuesday.

Last edited by Hyde: 11-03-2008 at 02:27 PM.
Old
11-03-2008, 02:15 PM
StreakingRed
**Rebuild Ahead**

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lanny'sDaMan View Post
This was definitely a case of too little too late, and when you don’t play for the full game you won’t win. Just like I said last night, any team in the NHL will take you to the cleaners if you don’t play to your full potential every minute of every game. And let’s be honest, Anaheim outworked and out played the Flames tonight.

I agree with you on the too little too late. They came out flat in the first period and it cost them this game. As far as the Ducks outworking the Flames, I think that was true up until the 3-0 mark, but I thought the Flames outworked the Ducks and were the better team in the second half of this game, but just couldn't get that last one past Giguere.

StreakingRed is offline   Reply With Quote