Old
11-02-2008, 02:47 PM
MaineHockey1
Let The Season Begin

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to MaineHockey1
Quote:
Originally Posted by flannelman View Post
doing the same thing, too - this is now the 3rd time! (Brakefast with the Bruins).
I'll have to have Breakfast with The B's some morning! It sounds like fun! hehe!

I like the reptile portion of this game. The turtle like moves from Avery and the Bear ripping things apart is just "B"eautiful! And the Eagle like moves and looks TT is doing is GREAT!

MaineHockey1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2008, 03:25 PM
BostonBob
4 Ever The Greatest

Wow - just watched the highlights ( I bartend at nights so I usually get all the news and highlights the next day ) and absolutely love what I saw from this team. Even though they struck me as a already being a close knit team things like what happened last night usually help to really bring a team closer together. We need to bottle up what we saw last night and use it again whenever we play Montreal. By the way - anybody else think that Steve Ott(er grow a pair ) is destined to be a Hab someday ????

BostonBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2008, 03:27 PM
hckyguy14

Send a message via Yahoo to hckyguy14
I'm sure it's been mentioned in this thread......but I don't have time to go through the 36 pages......I absolutely loved seeing Savard the first to jump in and defend his team mate. It seriously gave me goosebumps. Now only if we can get him to shoot more......

hckyguy14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2008, 03:56 PM
Corpuscle2

Quote:
Originally Posted by wandk128 View Post
I was in a section near most of the chanters, and I would much rather that then no real atmosphere and the fans not being into the game. It reminded me a little of being at a college game. I thought it was pretty cool that you could hear people ooooooo'ing to Shipping Up To Boston during that part of the song.
I understand, but it seems that it would be better to chant FOR Chara or Sturm or Thomas than to descend to the level of Scabs fans...

To each his own -- it didn't make me enjoy that awesome game any less

Corpuscle2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2008, 04:07 PM
Waltah*

mike modano-

Quote:
Tonight, we were just stupid and it was one of the more embarrassing things I’ve seen, on the ice and with the fans,” said veteran Mike Modano, who was held off the scoresheet for the third straight game. “It got out of hand later, we blew it again and got ourselves into trouble. We took some dumb penalties and we are lacking mental toughness. We are spending more energy on the refs than on winning the game. You allow quality chances like we are and it doesn’t matter who is in net.”

Waltah* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2008, 04:10 PM
iRONic™
You know; Merlot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by flannelman View Post
doing the same thing, too - this is now the 3rd time! (Brakefast with the Bruins).
I'll be watching it several times up to Thursday on my DVR.

iRONic™ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2008, 04:13 PM
Latrappe
If Cam allow it

I wasn't able to watch one single game but our player are finally smarter in their own end which is a really good news. Thomas seems to play real good ( i didn't see him but the results are there so.. ) and it stabilise the whole defensive corps. So far, the Bruins are back on track

Latrappe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2008, 05:23 PM
The Expert
Registered Expert

Not a Bruins fan (obviously) but I just gotta say. Somebody has to make an avatar of the 4 Bruins players on top of Avery after Savard jumped him, that was ****ing hilarious. Like a pack of hyenas.

The Expert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2008, 05:28 PM
ksp1957

Send a message via AIM to ksp1957
Quote:
Originally Posted by Latrappe View Post
Thomas seems to play real good ( i didn't see him but the results are there so.. )

SEE. LT CAN say good things about Tim Thomas from time to time.

ksp1957 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2008, 06:36 PM
Nordik_19

I was at the game last night. I drove frome Québec on friday and saw the celtics' game and yesterday the Bruins'. It was an AMAZING game. I've been to two games in Boston, this one and game 3 last year when savard scored in OT and I should definately go there more often. One of the best hockey game I've been to live. The Stars are just a pathetic team to watch. I really loved what I've seen from the Bruins. They killed two 5 on 3, they stood up for each other and LOTS of respect to Savard for kicking the **** out of Avery. Lots of emotions from the Bruins. Things could have gotten ugly with all the cheap shots from the Stars. They fought hard all game and deserved the win in every aspect of the game. This is what hockey is all about and I was a little disapointed with the crowd last night. I thought there was going to be a lot more fans at the garden. I'm telling you, you'd be crazy not to go see this team play.

Props of the night:
TT awesome ! He's gonna be the first star of the week for sure
Ferrence hit and fight and defensive play
Hnidy
SAVARD sticking up for Looch
Kessel's goal
Sturm
B's

The only thing that I didn't like when I was at the game is when I saw that the Habs had won 5-4.

Go Bruins Go !!!

Nordik_19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2008, 07:59 PM
Jeff6582

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nordik_19 View Post
I was at the game last night. I drove frome Québec on friday and saw the celtics' game and yesterday the Bruins'. It was an AMAZING game. I've been to two games in Boston, this one and game 3 last year when savard scored in OT and I should definately go there more often. One of the best hockey game I've been to live. The Stars are just a pathetic team to watch. I really loved what I've seen from the Bruins. They killed two 5 on 3, they stood up for each other and LOTS of respect to Savard for kicking the **** out of Avery. Lots of emotions from the Bruins. Things could have gotten ugly with all the cheap shots from the Stars. They fought hard all game and deserved the win in every aspect of the game. This is what hockey is all about and I was a little disapointed with the crowd last night. I thought there was going to be a lot more fans at the garden. I'm telling you, you'd be crazy not to go see this team play.

Props of the night:
TT awesome ! He's gonna be the first star of the week for sure
Ferrence hit and fight and defensive play
Hnidy
SAVARD sticking up for Looch
Kessel's goal
Sturm
B's

The only thing that I didn't like when I was at the game is when I saw that the Habs had won 5-4.

Go Bruins Go !!!
you werent sitting in sec 308 by any chance? the only reason i ask, is that there were 4 french speaking dudes behind us that my brother and I were going to for high 5's during the game

Jeff6582 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2008, 08:03 PM
wandk128

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kovi View Post
lol, you're not married, are you.
That's a big negative, at least not yet.

wandk128 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2008, 08:56 PM
Bridges31

Quote:
Originally Posted by dafoomie View Post
I was at the game. I couldn't be prouder of how the Bruins handled themselves today.

And you're uploaded youtube video was featured in one of the hockeybuzz.com bruins blogs FYI

Bridges31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2008, 09:09 PM
dafoomie
Eat Mor Chikin

Send a message via AIM to dafoomie
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bridges31 View Post
And you're uploaded youtube video was featured in one of the hockeybuzz.com bruins blogs FYI
I saw that, and in a blog on the Pittsburgh Post Gazette's site. Didn't like what she said about Edwards and Brickley though, but thats my fault for deliberately using their most incendiary comments.

dafoomie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2008, 09:09 PM
Ivyy13
Resu Deretsiger

vCash: 50
This really doesn't have to do anything with the game but a suprising stat.

Ryder is tied for team lead with best +/- with a +7.

Ivyy13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2008, 09:34 PM
duckchobbins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff6582 View Post
you werent sitting in sec 308 by any chance? the only reason i ask, is that there were 4 french speaking dudes behind us that my brother and I were going to for high 5's during the game
i wish i was on that end. though i did have a blast in 324 with the cheap seat brethren. i was in my neely jacket, group of 12 guys, screaming obscenities and chants regarding texas and their general political affiliations. i was sober, it was all in fun. i wish i couldve met up with somebody from hf though. i was in all my bleeding throat glory.

duckchobbins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2008, 09:43 PM
Nordik_19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff6582 View Post
No, I was in section 15 and I wanted to high five people like in the playoffs when I was there but people weren't that into it

Nordik_19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2008, 09:46 PM
BostonBob
4 Ever The Greatest

Quote:
I wanted to high five people like in the playoffs when I was there but people weren't that into it

Did you forget to wash your hands after going to the washroom ????

BostonBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2008, 10:00 PM
swharto

Quote:
No, I was in section 15 and I wanted to high five people like in the playoffs when I was there but people weren't that into it
I was in 15 as well. People in that section are never that involved.

swharto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2008, 10:51 PM
Bridges31

Quote:
I saw that, and in a blog on the Pittsburgh Post Gazette's site. Didn't like what she said about Edwards and Brickley though, but thats my fault for deliberately using their most incendiary comments.
Well you best call both HockeyBuzz and the Gazette and demand royalties goshdamnit!!

Bridges31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2008, 05:22 PM
1UP

Quote:
Originally Posted by ivan08 View Post
This really doesn't have to do anything with the game but a suprising stat.

Ryder is tied for team lead with best +/- with a +7.
Ryder actually had decent +/- in his first 2 seasons with us. We seriously have no idea what happened with him last season.

Good reactions there against Ott and Avery bulldroppings.

1UP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2008, 06:44 PM
jahbrations

Quote:
It was also linked on sportsillustrated.com. If I remember correctly it was a piece by Darren Elliot.

jahbrations is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2008, 08:07 PM
Potterbro

I just got finished watching a replay of the game on NHL Gamecenter and have a couple comments.

1. It was a Dallas feed and I found it insulting that the Dallas announcers were talking about how Ott was having the best game out there... completely ignoring the fact that half his hits were dirty.

2. Gamecenter really pissed me off with their replay broadcast. The broadcast actually skipped around some, especially in the third period. I'm not talking buffering issues here. The entire shift before Turco threw the elbow... absent. Marco Sturm's powerplay goal (hell, the whole powerplay) missing. What is up with that? It would be mid play and all of a sudden it would come back a minute or so later. LAME

Potterbro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2008, 09:44 PM
nORRis8*

That line-up is the exact line-up the B's should go game in and game out.
Ference was a machine, but whats with Sugar Ray Savard? Love it.

nORRis8* is offline   Reply With Quote