HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Donít believe the Hab hype

Old
11-05-2008, 08:06 AM
MTL-rules

vCash: 500
Bookmark this page and come back in april... we'll see who'll laugh last...

For now, don't waste your time...

MTL-rules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2008, 08:07 AM
habfan4

Everyone is entitled to an opinion, including Mr. Grigg, though I'd be willing to bet that he had to reach for his thesaurus before employing the word "mercurial".

habfan4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2008, 08:11 AM
Gros Bill

Quote:
Originally Posted by habfan4 View Post
Everyone is entitled to an opinion, including Mr. Grigg, though I'd be willing to bet that he had to reach for his thesaurus before employing the word "mercurial".
Watch this : English media

Gros Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2008, 08:26 AM
LyleOdelein

Quote:
Originally Posted by zalery View Post
Plagiarism!! He didn't reference the Bruins board!!!
Nah, it doesn't mention Komisarek having to "grow a set", lacks any comments about diving and there's no subliminal Lucic praising. It's not a Bruin fan. Reads more like a Sens fan, trying desperately to prove that the Habs haven't improved since last year.

LyleOdelein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2008, 08:37 AM
habfan4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gros Bill View Post

Correction English medias

habfan4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2008, 08:42 AM
Gros Bill

Quote:
Originally Posted by habfan4 View Post
Correction English medias
Sorry. What a folks-pass.

Old
11-05-2008, 08:44 AM
otto bond

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyle_Odelein View Post
Nah, it doesn't mention Komisarek having to "grow a set", lacks any comments about diving and there's no subliminal Lucic praising. It's not a Bruin fan. Reads more like a Sens fan, trying desperately to prove that the Habs haven't improved since last year.
one thing is for sure, he is not happy with the habs success.
I also would say Ottawa fan I relay dislike them.
Those happen a few years back wen Hasek was in net an said that his SO should not count...To easycombine that with the rest of the team attitude and their fan(good for Ottawa for having leafs fansor untrue habs fans) bashing of our team and = rivalry.

otto bond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2008, 08:55 AM
bhuya71

give me his adress....

bhuya71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2008, 08:57 AM
hototogisu
Global Moderator
Poked the bear!!!!!

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gros Bill View Post

Maybe if it was printed in a Quebec-produced publication that would have some relevance.

hototogisu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2008, 09:00 AM
AD

Wait.. so Koivu and Tanguay suck because they're scoring too much int he first few games...

And Pleks, Lats and the Flying Kostys suck because they haven't broken out this season yet...

Nice.

AD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2008, 09:07 AM
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service

vCash: 50
Lets see his arguments:

1. 8-1-1? Well the Sens went 15-2 and barely made the playoffs

2. Montreal doesn't have any 100 points scorers. Their leading scorer is a defenseman and he's currently even a top 20 scorer.

3. Followed by Koivu and Tanguay who are on point per game paces. But Koivu is mostly likely going to get injured so he's not going to reach that. Tanguay is a passer so...

4. Kovalev has 5 goals and 5 assist 10 games, he had 34 goals and 84 points last season. He won't duplicate that pace. He hasn't done that well since he played with Lang in Pittsburgh.

5. After those 3 forwards that are on point per game game they don't have much of a supporting cast.
Tomas Plekanec? Three goals, seven points. Only on pace for 25 goals and 55+ points.
Guillaume Latendresse? One goal. Assists don't count because he's a supporting cast. That would unfairly make him on pace for 55+ points
The brothers Kostitsyn? Seven points combined. See look at their start, they suck.

6. A defenseman may be leading their team in scoring, but don't look for defense to give them offense. Hamrlik -2goals and 3 assists- Bouillon-2goals in 5 games-are all defensive.

7. Goalies are too young. Young goalies can't do **** until they get enough experience.

Response? What the hell is mercurial.

Watsatheo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2008, 09:13 AM
Habinger

Meh, just a yahoo trying to get some attention by going against the grain.

I love how he says Price isn't there yet and goes on to say he's no Dryden or Roy yet and is too young to carry the team on his back.... If I'm not mistaken didn't Roy win a cup in his second season and Dryden in his rookie year? I'm thinking they would have been "too young" as well according to his logic.

Habinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2008, 09:19 AM
Mustafa*

Jealousy is something that can make you say and do things that are realy embarassing. As an exemple, if we take the Ruin's fans, they've been saying that the Habs are a soft, cheapshot, diving team that they dont have balls, still we have 13 straight regular seasons wins against them and we have elmiminated them 3 times in a row from the playoff. So they are saying that a ballerine/soft/no balls team have been playing with them like Woody with Soon-Yi, humiliated constantly by the soft. Still you wouldn't get that from the Sens fans, because we havent completly humiliated them for two straight season, we havent made their club look like the Isles AHL affiliate, like we did with Boston.

So, the article being so dishonest, i suspect the writer to be a Ruin's fan.

Mustafa* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2008, 09:21 AM
Habs

THN = The Walmart of hockey journalism.

Never care for the articles about any teams, or the writers they employ.

Habs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2008, 09:29 AM
SmurfsFTW
DD for Masterton

Look at this beautiful Bruins fan's owl, how his moral went up after this beautiful read.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg orly.jpg‎ (40.8 KB, 4 views)

SmurfsFTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2008, 09:44 AM
7th Player

Who is he??

/Thread

7th Player is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2008, 09:58 AM
Darz

I LOVE IT!!!!

This is the same kind of articles that get written about GOOD/GREAT teams, year in and year out.

If this isn't a clear indication that the habs are now considered by all as one of the elite teams and strongest Cup contenders, I dunno what is!!!

11-05-2008, 10:05 AM
Ozymandias
#firetherrien

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaineysRightHandMan View Post
The only thing that I believed from the article is the possibility of a December slump. Is anyone else fearful of that?
Before Dec 13th, they were 14-11-5 and the month of November was the month they were at their weakest, from Dec 13th till the end of the season, they had a record of 33-14-5, including a record of 5-2-2 from Dec 13th to the 31st, and an overall record of 6-5-3 for the month of December. They didn't get one month where the team had a negative record in the whole season.

Why do we always take the easy road and make the simplistic rehearsal of what happened before as the most probable (Dec 06 for the Habs)? Like Anaheim last summer (07), since they had won the cup, everybody thought they would win the next one. I'm so tired of this BS. It,s a sport, nothing is winned in advance, and especially not based on the past. Anything can happen.

Ozymandias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2008, 10:16 AM
Kriss E

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozymandias View Post
Before Dec 13th, they were 14-11-5 and the month of November was the month they were at their weakest, from Dec 13th till the end of the season, they had a record of 33-14-5, including a record of 5-2-2 from Dec 13th to the 31st, and an overall record of 6-5-3 for the month of December. They didn't get one month where the team had a negative record in the whole season.

Why do we always take the easy road and make the simplistic rehearsal of what happened before as the most probable (Dec 06 for the Habs)? Like Anaheim last summer (07), since they had won the cup, everybody thought they would win the next one. I'm so tired of this BS. It,s a sport, nothing is winned in advance, and especially not based on the past. Anything can happen.
This coming from you Ozy...you drunk?

Kriss E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2008, 10:25 AM
Gros Bill

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darz View Post
I LOVE IT!!!!

This is the same kind of articles that get written about GOOD/GREAT teams, year in and year out.

If this isn't a clear indication that the habs are now considered by all as one of the elite teams and strongest Cup contenders, I dunno what is!!!
Darz isn't one of those glass half-empty or half-full kinda guys. Darz is a glass always full to the rim kinda guy. That's what makes him the super-duperest mod on these boards!
Now hit me again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhuya71 View Post
give me his adress....
Oops. When a guy says that, his next words are usually "Bill, can I borrow a shovel?"

Quote:
Originally Posted by hototogisu View Post
Maybe if it was printed in a Quebec-produced publication that would have some relevance.
Quite the contrary, actually. I guess you don't get it.

Last edited by Beakermania*: 11-05-2008 at 12:13 PM.
Old
11-05-2008, 10:27 AM
Pascal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Watsatheo View Post
Lets see his arguments:

1. 8-1-1? Well the Sens went 15-2 and barely made the playoffs

2. Montreal doesn't have any 100 points scorers. Their leading scorer is a defenseman and he's currently even a top 20 scorer.

3. Followed by Koivu and Tanguay who are on point per game paces. But Koivu is mostly likely going to get injured so he's not going to reach that. Tanguay is a passer so...

4. Kovalev has 5 goals and 5 assist 10 games, he had 34 goals and 84 points last season. He won't duplicate that pace. He hasn't done that well since he played with Lang in Pittsburgh.

5. After those 3 forwards that are on point per game game they don't have much of a supporting cast.
Tomas Plekanec? Three goals, seven points. Only on pace for 25 goals and 55+ points.
Guillaume Latendresse? One goal. Assists don't count because he's a supporting cast. That would unfairly make him on pace for 55+ points
The brothers Kostitsyn? Seven points combined. See look at their start, they suck.

6. A defenseman may be leading their team in scoring, but don't look for defense to give them offense. Hamrlik -2goals and 3 assists- Bouillon-2goals in 5 games-are all defensive.

7. Goalies are too young. Young goalies can't do **** until they get enough experience.

Response? What the hell is mercurial.
well said.. that article is pure trash.

Pascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2008, 10:30 AM
Ozymandias
#firetherrien

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriss E View Post
This coming from you Ozy...you drunk?
Oops. No, just tired.

*note to self, do not make mistakes when writting, for KrissE's sake*

Ozymandias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2008, 10:38 AM
Cupmonger

adj.

1. often Mercurial
1. Roman Mythology. Of or relating to the god Mercury.
2. Astronomy. Of or relating to the planet Mercury.
2. Having the characteristics of eloquence, shrewdness, swiftness, and thievishness attributed to the god Mercury.
3. Containing or caused by the action of the element mercury.
4. Quick and changeable in temperament; volatile: a mercurial nature.

n.

A pharmacological or chemical preparation containing mercury.

Yea, Kovalev... the most mercurial player in the league... His two worst seasons, he had over 0.5 ppg... those were two seasons, both which teams had lots of trouble...
This writer = PHAIL at math and statistics

Cupmonger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2008, 10:42 AM
Kriss E

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozymandias View Post
Oops. No, just tired.

*note to self, do not make mistakes when writting, for KrissE's sake*

Kriss E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2008, 10:54 AM
neofury*

to show complete disrespect to the writer, I say we all just post LOL as our post for the rest of the thread in a rally to show support for our habs and to show the writer of said article just how freaking dumb everyone thinks he is, heck even get some sens fans in on this is you have to:

LOL

neofury* is offline   Reply With Quote