HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Hamilton schedule format

Closed Thread

Old
07-06-2004, 07:07 PM
montreal
Go Habs Go

vCash: 500
Hamilton schedule format

Is done. Wow do they save on travel. We play only 3 games all season against the opposite conference, against philly, binghampton, and Albany. 6 games against the roadrunners and St johns. 5 against Cleveland and Rochester, should be some good ones there! :beatup:

Also there's a new team in '05-'06 in Iowa. And the playoff format has changed back to what it was before this year. 16 teams instead of 20, all series 7 games.

Old
07-06-2004, 07:28 PM
Tuggy

vCash: 50
I heard they were going to be playing some games at Bell Centre?

Also I wonder if more AHL games will be televised if the NHL has a lockout?

Old
07-07-2004, 04:52 PM
Razorblade

Almost, if not exactly the same number of games against each team as last year. And I wish they'd change it, seeing the Roadrunners 6 times gets rather boring, as there is little to no rivalry there, despite the geographical and historical ties. Seeing teams like the Aeros from their own conference, and the likes of Hartford, Bridgeport, Providence etc. would be a refreshing change, but the money for travel is just not there.

About the Dogs playing games at the Bell Centre next year, a guy in the pr department for the Bulldogs told me there would be no chance of it happening.

Old
07-07-2004, 05:10 PM
NWT Habs Fan

The 6 games against the Roadrunners and Baby Leafs are only their home games, so they play 12 in total against those two teams just like last year. I find it rather incredible that a team can play 24 of its 80 regular season games against those two teams and also stand a really good chance of meeting one of them in their divisional playoffs.

I can only hope that the Dogs finally break that jinx that they had this past season against the Roadrunners. A lot of lost points in those 12 games. They will need those points as some of their games against non-divisional rivals feature some of the cream of the AHL crop, so they should have some very good, tough and entertaining games in 04-05.

Old
07-08-2004, 02:28 PM
hockeychic28

Send a message via AIM to hockeychic28
The schedule format is the same for almost every team as it was last year. What is really bad is that the dogs don't see teams that are closer than most that they travel to!! I am a Hershey Bears/Hamilton Bulldogs fan and they don't play each other. Actually, Hamilton and Hershey haven't played against each other in 4 yrs.

Closed Thread