HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

KPK line

Old
11-05-2008, 09:48 AM
ToysInTheAttic

vCash: 500
KPK line

http://www.canada.com/montrealgazett...f-5592f9a35a42

Kovalev thinks that A. Kostitsyn and Plekanec have the potential to be among the best players in the league. Says the KPK line is getting close to the style of Kovy-Lang-Straka when he played for Pittsburgh in the late 90's. Says that it is important that they study the game, as what works on one night against an opponent may not work against the next.

ToysInTheAttic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2008, 09:52 AM
GoneAway

vCash:
I think the focal point of this article should be the fact that over the years, Kovalev has slowly grown from being a prima donna into a great leader and role model to the younger players. And I'm positive he'll be side by side with Pleks and AK-46 to show them how to be better students of the game.

Old
11-05-2008, 09:56 AM
TheCH*

I wouldn't say Kovalev was a prima donna, he just spoke his mind. People are just so used to players using the same old boring cliches every single interview, that when somebody actually says what they really feel fans are shocked and appalled.

TheCH* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2008, 09:57 AM
GoneAway

vCash:
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCH View Post
I wouldn't say Kovalev was a prima donna, he just spoke his mind. People are just so used to players using the same old boring cliches every single interview, that when somebody actually says what they really feel fans are shocked and appalled.
Regardless, he's grown as a person and a player

Old
11-05-2008, 10:00 AM
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service

vCash: 50
I won't be surprised if Kovalev becomes a coach some day. He's matured so much after the 06/07 season.

Watsatheo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2008, 10:16 AM
Cupmonger

I guess the only thing I can say is, we'll see in the couple upcoming games what will really happen. Hopefully it's what I'm expecting.

Cupmonger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2008, 10:24 AM
JHabs
HFB Partner

Send a message via MSN to JHabs
Hopefully the Kostitsyns have a good season, they have great line mates, they just need to hustle until it happens. As for The KostitsynPlekanecKovalev line well it will no doubt be our top scoring line but constantly competing with the TanguayKoivuHiggins line. and LatenderLangKostitsyn will be a stand alone third line, not as many points as the 2nd line but a boat load more than the 4th line consisting of LaraqueLapierreKostopoulos.

JHabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2008, 10:27 AM
habfan4

Count me amongst the fans who are thrilled that Kovalev is (and has been) making all the right noises. I'll be appropriately ecstatic if this translates into him accepting a reasonable contract extension/renewal at the end of the year.

habfan4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2008, 10:29 AM
Pascal

I've always loved the way Plek plays the game. He's the ideal 2nd line C, and I don't mean that as a bad thing.

Pascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2008, 11:32 AM
CareyClutch
Doing the job

Send a message via MSN to CareyClutch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Watsatheo View Post
I won't be surprised if Kovalev becomes a coach some day. He's matured so much after the 06/07 season.
Euro coach

CareyClutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2008, 11:54 AM
la25ecoupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by yarfangor View Post
Hopefully the Kostitsyns have a good season, they have great line mates, they just need to hustle until it happens. As for The KostitsynPlekanecKovalev line well it will no doubt be our top scoring line but constantly competing with the HigginsKoivuTanguay line. and LatenderLangKostitsyn will be a stand alone third line, not as many points as the 2nd line but a boat load more than the 4th line consisting of LaraqueLapierreKostopoulos.
Fixed?

la25ecoupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2008, 11:55 AM
Ra
satan is my homie

Quote:
Originally Posted by habfan4 View Post
Count me amongst the fans who are thrilled that Kovalev is (and has been) making all the right noises. I'll be appropriately ecstatic if this translates into him accepting a reasonable contract extension/renewal at the end of the year.
The next off-season will be really interesting. I think, and hope, that Kovalev and Koivu will sign for something below the market value like Markov did, or Spezza/Heatley

Ra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2008, 12:09 PM
LyleOdelein

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Chezz View Post
I think the focal point of this article should be the fact that over the years, Kovalev has slowly grown from being a prima donna into a great leader and role model to the younger players. And I'm positive he'll be side by side with Pleks and AK-46 to show them how to be better students of the game.
I agree. Kovy always had the reputation of being a selfish and moody player. Last season, he really seemed to take some of the younger guys under his wing and mentor them. He seems to have thrived since he took on more responsibility on the team and in the dressing room. He is a true leader now and I'm proud to see him in a Habs jersey.

LyleOdelein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2008, 12:36 PM
Max et Guillaume

It's just a matter of "Kovy being Kovy"... just like Manny...

Max et Guillaume is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2008, 02:02 PM
WeThreeKings

Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
It's the ATAK line, you bastidge.

WeThreeKings is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2008, 02:31 PM
Charley_5054

Send a message via MSN to Charley_5054
Kovalev really is a great leader for this team, i really cant picture him in another jersey than the Sainte Flanelle. I hope he'll retire here.

Charley_5054 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2008, 09:07 PM
JGRB
#EllerThugLife

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ra View Post
The next off-season will be really interesting. I think, and hope, that Kovalev and Koivu will sign for something below the market value like Markov did, or Spezza/Heatley
Wasn't Markov one of (4th, maybe?) highest paid defenseman in the NHL at the time of the contract, i'd say he got market value... In today's NHL dollars, he'd likely command 6.5-7.5M.. 6.5M on a winner, 7.5M on a stinker.

Kovy & Koivu will likely sign for below market value though, yeah. Agreed.

JGRB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2008, 11:20 PM
THE HOFF

Quote:
Originally Posted by Watsatheo View Post
I really think kovalev loves the game like no one... the precision, the time and effort, combined with talent is just the work of someone who enjoys every tactile sensations of his skills and have tried to emancipate during a long career...

he never was part of the elite, he was always considered as a solid gamebreaker,but failled to be the star he could have been ... a guy you can rely on every night...

for some reason I can imagine the meeting bob had with him ... 2 years ago...

bob : '' Alex, tell me how you want to be remembered. ''

kovalev: '' ... ''

Bob : '' everything is in your hands now. ''

THE HOFF is offline   Reply With Quote