HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The Roszival Is Brutal Thread

Old
11-05-2008, 08:47 AM
Shake and Bake

vCash: 500
Truth is...maybe the Rangers just should have signed Campbell. You would think that the Pp would def be better with a legit point guy. (Hopefully?) I'd rather have Campbell that Rozsival or Redden for the money they are cashing in...

Shake and Bake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2008, 08:57 AM
NYROrtsFan

This team does have a really good record... that would indicate that Rozy and Redden are at least doing very well even strength.

Calm down with the bashing of either.

NYROrtsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2008, 09:04 AM
Celestial Black

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shake and Bake View Post
Truth is...maybe the Rangers just should have signed Campbell. You would think that the Pp would def be better with a legit point guy. (Hopefully?) I'd rather have Campbell that Rozsival or Redden for the money they are cashing in...

Campbell is not that good and especially not worth that type of money. If it was between he and Rozi then I take Rozi.

however, I would like to see Rozi moved (maybe to Ottawa for Vermette) and have us just bring up a guy.

Celestial Black is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2008, 10:46 AM
frankthefrowner

Quote:
Originally Posted by h0rac3 View Post
Campbell is not that good and especially not worth that type of money. If it was between he and Rozi then I take Rozi.

however, I would like to see Rozi moved (maybe to Ottawa for Vermette) and have us just bring up a guy.
I would do that in a heartbeat, by why on earth would ottawa.

frankthefrowner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2008, 11:11 AM
SkerZ
LGR

Being at the game yesterday and seeing rosival play the way he did on the PP was just gross....he got 2 assists last nite both of them to an islander player....and is it just me or does Redden get beat to every loose puck

SkerZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2008, 11:14 AM
Bluenote13
Believe In Henke

Malik is awful...i mean Kalinen is awful...I mean... wait...who are we *****ing about NOW ?

Bluenote13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2008, 11:54 AM
gravytrain6t

Quote:

sounds good to me as well. Get some scoring punch and bring up Potter.

gravytrain6t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2008, 12:20 PM
Glen Teflon Sather
Like A Boss

Send a message via AIM to Glen Teflon Sather
You can defend not booing the man, but I'm sorry, his contract is going to kill us. Sather should have signed only one of Redden/Rozsival.

Glen Teflon Sather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2008, 12:35 PM
Shake and Bake

^Rozsivals contract is nowhere near as bady as Drurys. He doesn't have a NMC, useless capatain cash does

Shake and Bake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2008, 12:53 PM
Glen Teflon Sather
Like A Boss

Send a message via AIM to Glen Teflon Sather
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkerZ View Post
Being at the game yesterday and seeing rosival play the way he did on the PP was just gross....he got 2 assists last nite both of them to an islander player....and is it just me or does Redden get beat to every loose puck
Redden has played well, he's not worth 6.5 but he hasn't been bad. And to think, we signed him to help out the power play.

Glen Teflon Sather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2008, 12:53 PM
Rangerfan4life90

Quote:
Originally Posted by rangers32185 View Post
You can defend not booing the man, but I'm sorry, his contract is going to kill us. Sather should have signed only one of Redden/Rozsival.
Roszival could easily be moved.

Rangerfan4life90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2008, 02:39 PM
Blazephr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psykedout66 View Post
I bump our defenseman all up one on the depth chart, and slot in either Fahey or Potter, who imo looked very impressive in camp and preseason. Its just my opinion

Fahey is injured & Potter has been off to a VERY rough start in Hartford.

Blazephr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2008, 02:42 PM
Blazephr

Quote:

Have you been watching any Chicago games as of late? Campbell has been the ultimate power-play quaterback. He's looks great. I think we should have spent the extra 1.5 Mil & went after him instead of Redden.

I would also rather have Dan Boyle over Redden.

Blazephr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2008, 02:50 PM
NYR Viper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blazephr View Post
Have you been watching any Chicago games as of late? Campbell has been the ultimate power-play quaterback. He's looks great. I think we should have spent the extra 1.5 Mil & went after him instead of Redden.

wold you rather have dan boyle or redden+del zotto+girardi?.....because thats what it would have cost to make a package equal to what san jose sent in their 09 1st+carle

redden is the best in his defensive end and its not so much redden as it is the style of pp pearn wants to run.....

NYR Viper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2008, 02:52 PM
TwistyO

OMG, The people on this board are brutal. I guess I already knew that. He had a bad game, he maybe messes up a few times a year, and you want he guy off the team? Seriously?
If every time I got a little lazy at work, to say, check out the HFBoards, I was at risk of being fired, then I would have been let go a long time ago.
Until he turns into Malik, lets keep him.

Oh did anybody read this, I might be late with this...
http://www.lohud.com/article/2008110.../1108/SPORTS01

TwistyO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2008, 02:57 PM
GregNYR19
agitator

Send a message via AIM to GregNYR19
Quote:
Originally Posted by alphaqup View Post
Let's boo him next game!

ill be there and if i hear a boo, im gonna chime in. i know its gonna happen

GregNYR19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2008, 04:08 PM
FutureGM97

Send a message via AIM to FutureGM97
Quote:
Originally Posted by TwistyO View Post
OMG, The people on this board are brutal. I guess I already knew that. He had a bad game, he maybe messes up a few times a year, and you want he guy off the team? Seriously?
If every time I got a little lazy at work, to say, check out the HFBoards, I was at risk of being fired, then I would have been let go a long time ago.
Until he turns into Malik, lets keep him.

Oh did anybody read this, I might be late with this...
http://www.lohud.com/article/2008110.../1108/SPORTS01
who have you been watching?

FutureGM97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2008, 04:13 PM
CrAiG1994

Send a message via AIM to CrAiG1994
Everyone is gonna make mistakes, it was a stupid decision to make that pass, the islanders were aggressive on the forecheck and it happened so fast, give the man a break. He admitted during the interview the whole game was at his fault, it's still early in the season. Now the coaches will know who to put out on the powerplay and rosival will be better he realized the mistake, time to move on to tampa.

CrAiG1994 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2008, 04:36 PM
DutchShamrock

The poor play has been there all season, and not just Roszival, the majority of the team too. Everyone wanted to ignore it because of the great record but now that they're losing it's too much. This isn't 1 bad game or 2 bad games now. Something has been wrong for most of the season except goaltending was able to cover most of it up. Maybe the early start against a bad team got the Rangers rolling and they had some momentum built up against the rest of the league but they've been badly outplayed by the supposed cellar-teams the last 2 games.

Now Roszival has looked poor all season but got a pass because of surgery (isn't this the discussion with him every season now? isn't this one of the reasons we didn't want Avery back?) but correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't it hip surgery and not brain surgery? He's either making bad decisions or no decisions... no one will fault him on a skill aspect, he's looked good when he makes good decisions, he has execution. To me, he looks timid with the puck and the Rangers style is based on speed and pressure, he negates both with his failure to make a decision.

DutchShamrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2008, 04:48 PM
NYR Viper

people need to realize we all thought the team would get off to a bad start this season because of the trip to europe and the fact the basically the entire team is new......then the team gets off to a very very good start even with players like drury, rozsival, redden, dawes etc. not playing up to what we all expect.....does it suck?....yes....but look at their ****ing record people.....if someone would have asked me if i would take that record this far into the season i wouldve taken it

NYR Viper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2008, 05:06 PM
Garl

Really, don't you find it strange that Rangers on hfboards are by far #1 in number of scapegoats?

Kalinin, Malik, Roszival, Prucha, Dawes, Backman etc.

Garl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2008, 05:34 PM
jniklast

like i said, i don't think roszival is brutal and i certainly don't support booing him, but he definitely makes too much money considering his mediocre play, and that's why i wouldn't be sad if he was traded (of course same goes for Drury but since he has a NMC there's not much to do)

jniklast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2008, 05:42 PM
frankthefrowner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garl View Post
Really, don't you find it strange that Rangers on hfboards are by far #1 in number of scapegoats?

Kalinin, Malik, Roszival, Prucha, Dawes, Backman etc.
Kalinin has been very solid.

Malik, come on he sucked.

Rozy has been brutal on the power where he should excel.

Prucha, i think hasnt been a scapegoat in fact people are demanding him playing over Fritsche.

Dawes, has been nearly invisible and deserves the scapegoating.

Backman, had many turn overs for us, he's playing well and CBJ, but he was just bad.

frankthefrowner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2008, 05:50 PM
Celestial Black

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blazephr View Post

For that much money and time...no way would I want Campbell.Bad enough we have limited cap to sign key players, you would prefer a guy getting 7m and is only 3pts ahead of Rozi and 4 against Redden.

Old
11-05-2008, 05:52 PM
Celestial Black

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankthefrowner View Post
I would do that in a heartbeat, by why on earth would ottawa.
It was discussed on another thread and many Ottawa fans agreed they would do it, along with Ranger fans.