HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Calgary Flames
Notices

PGT: Coyotes @ Flames, Game 13

View Poll Results: Who was the Flames' MVP tonight?
Dustin Boyd 4 26.67%
Curtis Glencross 2 13.33%
David Moss 5 33.33%
Mark Giordano 1 6.67%
Other - please specify 3 20.00%
Voters: 15. You may not vote on this poll

Old
11-04-2008, 11:28 PM
Snoil11

vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to Snoil11 Send a message via Yahoo to Snoil11
PGT: Coyotes @ Flames, Game 13

Fire away!!!

Snoil11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2008, 11:36 PM
Dith

KIPPRUSOFF all the way...

Dith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2008, 11:39 PM
getoverit

I said other as I think the flames had no MVP tonight

getoverit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2008, 12:13 AM
flamesfan12

Send a message via AIM to flamesfan12 Send a message via MSN to flamesfan12 Send a message via Yahoo to flamesfan12
Tough game to watch. Top lines really struggled while the bottom 2 lines were good. I especially liked the 3rd line tonight. Glencross, Moss and Boyd were all very good. Iginla just doesn't seem like himself. Am I crazy or does everyone else see this too? Even when he was putting up points he just hasn't been as dominant as we are used to. He just really seems to be struggling to me. Cammalleri and Bertuzzi were nonexistant for the first 40 minutes. Little better in the third, but still not a great game from them. Kipper didn't look sharp tonight at all. I really would have liked to have seen McElhinney in tonight.

Conroy Conroy Conroy. I love the guy, but enough is enough. He is constantly losing his man, taking penalties and doesn't seem to be improving. And to make it even worse Keenan decides to reward him with top line icetime. Completely mindboggling to me. Lombardi can't come back soon enough.

Special teams really let us down tonight as well. PP was completely ineffective and even gave up the shortie which gave the coyotes life. PK also gave up a goal on the 'yotes first chance. PP definetly needs to get better.

Frustrating loss and hopefully they can rebound from this and get a much needed win against the Preds.

flamesfan12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2008, 01:40 AM
StreakingRed
**Rebuild Ahead**

Frustrating loss, but really, the Flames got exactly what they deserved with that mediocre effort tonight.

I went with David Moss as the MVP of the game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by flamesfan12 View Post
Iginla just doesn't seem like himself. Am I crazy or does everyone else see this too? Even when he was putting up points he just hasn't been as dominant as we are used to. He just really seems to be struggling to me.

Conroy Conroy Conroy. I love the guy, but enough is enough. He is constantly losing his man, taking penalties and doesn't seem to be improving. And to make it even worse Keenan decides to reward him with top line icetime. Completely mindboggling to me. Lombardi can't come back soon enough.
I agree with all of that ^.

Iginla hasn't been playing like Iginla (aside from that game in Nashville earlier this year). And Conroy needs to get off that top line ASAP.

StreakingRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2008, 07:40 AM
bam09

David Moss is quite possibly the worst at finishing a goal in the NHL. It seems every game, once or twice a game, he'll get the positioning on his defender, receive a beautiful pass on the tape and then muff the chance.

bam09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2008, 09:29 AM
Cyrus

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by flamesfan12 View Post
Iginla just doesn't seem like himself. Am I crazy or does everyone else see this too? Even when he was putting up points he just hasn't been as dominant as we are used to. He just really seems to be struggling to me.
I've been feeling the same way, even when he gets 2-3 points, he doesn't look all that dominating. When I look back at some of these games I think to myself that Iginla isn't playing all that well, then I look at the scoreboard and see him with a goal or two, but I still can't shake the feeling he's a bit off. However, this is Iginla we're talking about, and without question he'll turn it around somewhat.

As for the game last night, the Flames looked disinterested and the fans were downright boring. From watching on TV it sounded like you could hear a pin-drop in the Saddledome, even shortly after we went up 1-0. The only theory I can come up with is that there was a fire in a building just past Chinook raging for most of the day, with traffic being shut down around there. Maybe people weren't able to make it to the game??? I hope that's the case, because I have never heard the Dome that dead.

Moss gets MVP vote, for obvious reasons.

Cyrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2008, 12:24 PM
Ticonderoga

That game was super boring.

Were there fans there at all or were they cardboard cut outs?

Just when you think this team has turned a corner they fall right back to earth.

My MVP was me for actully watching the whole game even though they election was for more exciting, and I am a Political Scientist so if that is not devotion I do not know what is.

Ticonderoga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2008, 12:49 PM
Badger Bob

Forgot that they played. My Pionner Inno alert showed the score, so it doesn't look like it's worth watching off the DVR.

Just a though here - this doesn't look too encouraging that Kiprusoff started again. That's both a vote of no-confidence in the backup goaltending to not start against the also-rans and it's a harbinger of things to come. History has shown that he can't handle 70+ regular season games, then lead the team to a post-season victory.

Badger Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2008, 01:39 PM
Rudolf Yaber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyrus View Post
I've been feeling the same way, even when he gets 2-3 points, he doesn't look all that dominating. When I look back at some of these games I think to myself that Iginla isn't playing all that well, then I look at the scoreboard and see him with a goal or two, but I still can't shake the feeling he's a bit off. However, this is Iginla we're talking about, and without question he'll turn it around somewhat.

As for the game last night, the Flames looked disinterested and the fans were downright boring. From watching on TV it sounded like you could hear a pin-drop in the Saddledome, even shortly after we went up 1-0. The only theory I can come up with is that there was a fire in a building just past Chinook raging for most of the day, with traffic being shut down around there. Maybe people weren't able to make it to the game??? I hope that's the case, because I have never heard the Dome that dead.

Moss gets MVP vote, for obvious reasons.
You must not have been around from 95-03

Sounds like I didn't miss much.

Rudolf Yaber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2008, 02:32 PM
Body Checker

It is plain to see that until Lombardi gets back Dustin Boyd should see top six minutes and Conroy should be demoted.

Does Keenan have the integrity for that?

Body Checker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2008, 03:05 PM
Cyrus

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudolf Yaber View Post
You must not have been around from 95-03

Sounds like I didn't miss much.
I was age 8-16 for those years, so I guess I never paid much attention to the crowd noise. I do recall being aware of how poor we were in that stretch though.

And no, you didn't miss anything remotely exciting.

Cyrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2008, 07:53 PM
flamesfan12

Send a message via AIM to flamesfan12 Send a message via MSN to flamesfan12 Send a message via Yahoo to flamesfan12
Quote:
Originally Posted by bam09 View Post
David Moss is quite possibly the worst at finishing a goal in the NHL. It seems every game, once or twice a game, he'll get the positioning on his defender, receive a beautiful pass on the tape and then muff the chance.

I like Moss, but this couldn't be more true. Cammy gives him a perfect pass and he finds a way to miss an empty net. He is good at getting open in front of the net, but just doesn't have the finish to be a consistant scorer.

Quote:
It is plain to see that until Lombardi gets back Dustin Boyd should see top six minutes and Conroy should be demoted.

Does Keenan have the integrity for that?
Would love to see Boyd get a legitimate chance at the top line, but that 3rd line has played well. Tough to break them up I think. Why not put Langkow back with Iggy? He obviously has the chemistry and I could tolerate Conroy on the 2nd line till Lombardi comes back. Never understood why Langkow and Iginla were split up.

Quote:
Just a though here - this doesn't look too encouraging that Kiprusoff started again. That's both a vote of no-confidence in the backup goaltending to not start against the also-rans and it's a harbinger of things to come. History has shown that he can't handle 70+ regular season games, then lead the team to a post-season victory.
Really is unfortunate. Kipper just wasn't sharp last night and looked tired. Need to show some confidence in McElhinney. How is he going to be at his best when he hasn't played for over a month. Not exactly giving him much of a chance to be successful when he does get in.

flamesfan12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2008, 11:53 AM
Rudolf Yaber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyrus View Post
I was age 8-16 for those years, so I guess I never paid much attention to the crowd noise. I do recall being aware of how poor we were in that stretch though.

And no, you didn't miss anything remotely exciting.
It was pretty pathetic for awhile there. I remember getting all excited to go to a Flames game (I haven't been to many) against the Maple Leafs, only to find that the Leafs' fans were easily louder in the stadium throughout the entire game. There are a lot of Leaf fans naturally, but come on! Its our friggin' stadium!

Not that I blame the fans much, there was not much to get excited about.

Rudolf Yaber is offline   Reply With Quote