HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Line Changes Here

Old
11-05-2008, 04:59 PM
FromDubiToZherdev*

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to FromDubiToZherdev* Send a message via MSN to FromDubiToZherdev*
Line Changes Here

Offense will click. That must not be changed. PS Line and fourth line have been the best. Until we get a legit winger, stick with the current other two lines. They have been looking good.

Defense is perfect in some circumstances.

Mara-Staal- Amazing.

Redden-Girardi- Girardi keeps Redden alive. Redden will fit in time.

Kalinin-Rozsival- The Euro line. Kalinin has surprisingly played well. Rozsy has played well too, but not great on the PP. He is severely beaten to shreds by us fans(including me).

PK is perfect. #2 in the league after Lemaire's hugely defensive system. Perfect.

NOW the PP:

The first forward line should and always be untill necessary:

Voros-Dubinsky-Zherdev

Two great shots. One scrappy guy who isn't afraid of the crease. Great cycling.

The second line is where things change.

Prucha-Gomez-Drury

Great passer. Great screener/scorer. And a guy always ready to pull the trigger. Prucha doesn't wait for anything when he shoots. He just has to be more disciplined with his shots. Naslund slows the line down with his slow decisions. Naslund is ideal when he is on a break or striding out of the neutral zone.

The two defensive units, after last night's game, must now look like this:

Redden/Kalinin-Girardi

If Redden won't shoot, Girardi will. If Redden never decides to pitch in, replace him with Kalinin who is never afraid to shoot and whose shot is quite accurate. A first PP unit should ALWAYS have two defensemen always willing to shoot if there is no BETTER play available.

Mara-Rozsival/Staal

Two heavy as hell shots. The thing is that Mara uses his more than Rozsival who obviously has the better shot. If the Rozsival project does not improve, put Staal on the PP. His shot is not that great, but it is always on net. He would also be great at keeping the puck in at the point using his great defensive skills. He is not afraid to dangle either

If you notice that on even strength, when a shot is taken from the point and is ON NET, there is either an attempted deflection or a juicy rebound.

Sather is building a championship team, and if Pearn can't fix it, no more PP for PP.

Just my thoughts.

FromDubiToZherdev* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2008, 05:06 PM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
There' s already a PP thread. Please use it.

11-05-2008, 05:09 PM
FromDubiToZherdev*

Send a message via AIM to FromDubiToZherdev* Send a message via MSN to FromDubiToZherdev*
Better thread title

Sorry for the confusion.

FromDubiToZherdev* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2008, 05:41 PM
Dougmustgo*

Quote:
Originally Posted by FromDubiToZherdev View Post
Offense will click. That must not be changed. PS Line and fourth line have been the best. Until we get a legit winger, stick with the current other two lines. They have been looking good.

Defense is perfect in some circumstances.

Mara-Staal- Amazing.

Redden-Girardi- Girardi keeps Redden alive. Redden will fit in time.

Kalinin-Rozsival- The Euro line. Kalinin has surprisingly played well. Rozsy has played well too, but not great on the PP. He is severely beaten to shreds by us fans(including me).

PK is perfect. #2 in the league after Lemaire's hugely defensive system. Perfect.

NOW the PP:

The first forward line should and always be untill necessary:

Voros-Dubinsky-Zherdev

Two great shots. One scrappy guy who isn't afraid of the crease. Great cycling.

The second line is where things change.

Prucha-Gomez-Drury

Great passer. Great screener/scorer. And a guy always ready to pull the trigger. Prucha doesn't wait for anything when he shoots. He just has to be more disciplined with his shots. Naslund slows the line down with his slow decisions. Naslund is ideal when he is on a break or striding out of the neutral zone.

The two defensive units, after last night's game, must now look like this:

Redden/Kalinin-Girardi

If Redden won't shoot, Girardi will. If Redden never decides to pitch in, replace him with Kalinin who is never afraid to shoot and whose shot is quite accurate. A first PP unit should ALWAYS have two defensemen always willing to shoot if there is no BETTER play available.

Mara-Rozsival/Staal

Two heavy as hell shots. The thing is that Mara uses his more than Rozsival who obviously has the better shot. If the Rozsival project does not improve, put Staal on the PP. His shot is not that great, but it is always on net. He would also be great at keeping the puck in at the point using his great defensive skills. He is not afraid to dangle either

If you notice that on even strength, when a shot is taken from the point and is ON NET, there is either an attempted deflection or a juicy rebound.

Sather is building a championship team, and if Pearn can't fix it, no more PP for PP.

Just my thoughts.

Speaking of 4th line why haven't we tried Fritsche at the center position? He was drafted in that position and has played there his whole career. He is obviously out of place on the wing. We need a physical center who can win face0ffs and knows how to play defense in his own zone

Dougmustgo* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2008, 05:53 PM
Celestial Black

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyranger49 View Post
Speaking of 4th line why haven't we tried Fritsche at the center position? He was drafted in that position and has played there his whole career. He is obviously out of place on the wing. We need a physical center who can win face0ffs and knows how to play defense in his own zone
Um, Betts > Fritsche

Celestial Black is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2008, 06:02 PM
ihatenewjersey

i personally dont understand why we dont go with

naslund-gomez-zherdev
voros-dubinsky-prucha
dawes-drury-callahan
sjo-betts-orr

and a pp with drury playing one of the points with redden

i thought rosival's pp game would make a drastic improvement with the dissappearance of jagr, but i stand corrected, this guy just wont take the shot...and his shots pretty good..

ihatenewjersey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2008, 06:08 PM
BobMarleyNYR

Send a message via AIM to BobMarleyNYR
Naslund-Gomez-Sjostrom
Sjostrom deserves it... two Swedes, good speed

Zherdev-Dubinsky-Callahan
Callahan isn't ready to hang with Gomez, but he cuts a path to the net like no other... imagine if he had Voros' size? Zherdev, IMO, will have more chances on the off-wing, and it might help him learn that NA sniper game Renney wants.

Dawes-Drury-Voros
Drury will score by playing a simple energy game. It's hard to demote Voros when he seems to be skating hard again, but hopefully he can deflect Dawes' chances, god knows Dawes can't do it himself.

Prucha-Betts-Orr
Everyone says Prucha has been noticeable. Yes, enough so that he earns a spot over Fritsche, but that's it. It's like we have Ortmeyer again.

The D is fine... PP, I don't have the answers...

BobMarleyNYR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2008, 06:52 PM
Dougmustgo*

Quote:
Originally Posted by h0rac3 View Post
Um, Betts > Fritsche
Oh really? How many times have you seen Fritsche play the center position throughout his career? You need to do your homework before making a comment like that. Why is it too much to ask for this kid to get a chance at the center position as a ranger?

Dougmustgo* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2008, 07:04 PM
Xplosive 04

Quote:
Originally Posted by ihatenewjersey View Post
i personally dont understand why we dont go with

naslund-gomez-zherdev
voros-dubinsky-prucha
dawes-drury-callahan
sjo-betts-orr

and a pp with drury playing one of the points with redden

i thought rosival's pp game would make a drastic improvement with the dissappearance of jagr, but i stand corrected, this guy just wont take the shot...and his shots pretty good..
AGREED!!!!!!!!!!!

Xplosive 04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2008, 07:38 PM
Celestial Black

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyranger49 View Post
Oh really? How many times have you seen Fritsche play the center position throughout his career? You need to do your homework before making a comment like that. Why is it too much to ask for this kid to get a chance at the center position as a ranger?
Now you need to hang on...Betts has been nothing but good, even great in his role as 4th line center...while Fritsche has gotten chances with better line mates and still doesn't produce or show enough to stick a spot. Oh and by the way before you make assumptions, I watched him while in Columbus because I have always been a Zherdev fan..so I know what I am talking about when i say that Betts is better than him at his role.

Celestial Black is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2008, 09:06 PM
rangers4ever2007

dawes-gomez-callahan
naslund-dubinsky-zherdev
sjostrom-drury-prucha
voros-betts-orr

rangers4ever2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2008, 08:52 AM
NHLsnipers

Adding a real scorer besides Zherdev will solve everything.

Sather make a deal.

This is a team that is one sniper away from a Championship team!

NHLsnipers is offline   Reply With Quote